Sign in to follow this  
JustinCharge

What NFL team should trade for Derek Carr?

The Raiders cannot trade him until June 1st or they take a huge cap hit.  Its a long wait, and it may happen.  What teams would have Carr on the radar?

In no particular order:

- Dolphins: They want to move on from Tannehill. The owner loves to make a splash and trading for Derek Carr would be a big one.  Trading up for Kyler Murray is also a big splash tho.

- Bengals: I don't think Andy Dalton is the answer, but there's also no sign the Bengals wish to move on from him.

- Jaguars: They can't fit Derek Carr under the cap unless they release half the defense so this won't happen.  The Jaguars have gone on spending sprees for years to get good players and its caught up with them.  I'm not even sure they could sign Nick Foles at this point and might prefer to draft a QB.

- Redskins: They already have $24 million on the books devoted to QBs.  They likely cannot go out and grab a Foles or Carr on top of that.  So I think the draft is their next route.

- Giants: This is very possible.  The Giants traded away Eli Apple and Damon Harrison which clears up cap space to take on a pricey QB. 

I think the most likely landing spot is the Giants since you can argue they've tipped their hand a little bit by clearing cap space.  The next most likely is the Dolphins.  The other 3 are highly questionable.

10 hours ago, ROCKFORD said:

none, why is he leaving the raidas?

Like I said, it may happen.  May not.  But I was looking at possible landing spots.

I don't think chuckie moves carr. He's due manageable salaries the next few years. gruden now has the picks to build his team around carr.

On 2/24/2019 at 2:18 AM, riversco said:

Like I said, it may happen.  May not.  But I was looking at possible landing spots.

You may as well be looking at who's next to buy the farm on Walking Dead. There's really no viable alternative to Carr at this point. Even if Gruden drafts a QB, and #RaiderNation will riot if he takes one at 4, they won't be ready this year. I don't see them moving him without a backup plan. 

Having said that, I see this as Carr's make or break year in the silver and black. He's got huge holes in his game and needs to address them this off season. His dead cap hit next year is 5 million. If they move on, it'll be then. 

good point mick. also next years qb class is better than this years. chuckie might like a shiny new qb going into his 1st season in vegas.

Denver, they would probably give up Von Miller to at least have a chance at obtaining a Franchise QB with Elways track record.

3 hours ago, ralphster said:

good point mick. also next years qb class is better than this years. chuckie might like a shiny new qb going into his 1st season in vegas.

Is it?  I mean, there's Haskins, Locke, and Murray that are all 1st round prospects and there's Rypien, Jones, and Grier who could/should go in round 2.  Other than Tua and Herbert, there's only 2 other guys (Fromm & Costello),from what I'm reading might get drafted in the 2nd round.  Even if all 4 go in the first 2 rounds, that's not as many as 6.

I don't really follow college football, so I really don't know.  I only go by what I read and hear.  From what I'm reading and hearing, this is a really good draft class at QB.  Not as top heavy as last year when there was 4 taken in the top 10, but there may be more QB's taken in the first 64 picks this year than there was last year.

2 hours ago, typhus said:

Denver, they would probably give up Von Miller to at least have a chance at obtaining a Franchise QB with Elways track record.

I exclude Denver in my head because teams traditionally do not trade within their division.  They prefer to send big names to the other conference actually.