Sign in to follow this  
Hardcore troubadour

Another Day In Big D

Gregory indefinitely suspended, Irving under investigation. Lol. Nice work Jerruh. And they spend their time crying about Garrett. Just another day in Dallas. 

• Like 1

He is the reason they will not win another SB until after he dies. For the fans sake, they had better hope his sons realize they need to get out of Mcclays way and let him run the team

I'm surprised they haven't announced that Jerruh was the one working at the Asian salon giving Kraft the rub and tug.

The Cowboys, or more appropriately Jones, seems to like to take chances on guys and give multiple chances to guys.  He cost them a second round pick, worth the effort to try to help him unfock himself I think.

27 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

He is the reason they will not win another SB until after he dies. 

I hope Jerrah gives Red and Dak 10-year deals and he lives to 110!

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Gregory indefinitely suspended, Irving under investigation. Lol. Nice work Jerruh. And they spend their time crying about Garrett. Just another day in Dallas. 

While this guy ended up being the bum people expected him to be, what they paid for him was extremely low if they could have turned him around.  This is a gamble I would have been happy if my team took.

Cowboys coach Jason Garrett said the team will "continue to support" suspended DE Randy Gregory.

Gregory is banned indefinitely after his latest substance abuse violation — a suspension that's been expected since August. He'll miss at least this season before applying for reinstatement. The Cowboys can't count on Gregory returning in 2020, though the league has softened its stance on Stage 3 offenders the last few years. It sounds like Gregory will be welcomed back if he gets reinstated.

Feb 27, 2019, 2:18 PM

5 hours ago, Kanil said:

While this guy ended up being the bum people expected him to be, what they paid for him was extremely low if they could have turned him around.  This is a gamble I would have been happy if my team took.

Nah.  Gregory is one of those guys coming out that it was quite obvious wouldnt last long.

Callaway for the Browns is another.

How do you fail the drug test at the combine?

To me they paid too much for him actually.  How many guys are there to choose from?  Why pick a guy who has glaring problems and is a suspension waiting to happen when there are so many others to choose from with no baggage?  He obviously had/has a ton of skill.  But even some players with no baggage and tons of skill dont pan out.  Projecting players is hard enough.  Why start behind the 8 ball by considering total idiots who cant pass a combine test?

4th rounder?  Ok I guess.  2nd rounder no thanks.   

22 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Cowboys coach Jason Garrett said the team will "continue to support" suspended DE Randy Gregory.

Gregory is banned indefinitely after his latest substance abuse violation — a suspension that's been expected since August. He'll miss at least this season before applying for reinstatement. The Cowboys can't count on Gregory returning in 2020, though the league has softened its stance on Stage 3 offenders the last few years. It sounds like Gregory will be welcomed back if he gets reinstated.

Feb 27, 2019, 2:18 PM

Dallas is supporting Gregory right now bcoz he's under contract - and, only counting $1m against the Cap.

Gregory is a UFA in 2020 - if he does return it will have to be with a new deal....... I do not see that happening. Unless of course, it's for league minimum or thereabouts.

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Manziel is available. Lol. 

He’s guaranteed for the AAF or even the XFL that returns soon. Side note, must feel like a kick in the teeth for the XFL to have another low rent league pop up like that.

And another banner day for South Americas team. Lol. Irving retires in instagram while smoking a blunt. Who needs millions? 

Once Jerruh pays Dak 25 million per, you can pencil them in for no more than 8 wins the next 4 years

Just now, edjr said:

Once Jerruh pays Dak 25 million per, you can pencil them in for no more than 8 wins the next 4 years

This will be WAY more tragic than some head case smoking a doobie. 

5 minutes ago, posty said:

HT really loves the Big D...

It's called division rivalry fockstick. It's fun to break balls. Shut it. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It's called division rivalry fockstick. It's fun to break balls. Shut it. 

:whoosh:

6 minutes ago, posty said:

:whoosh:

Stupid. Obviousness. 

Cowboys extend Randy Gregory. Just another day in Dallas 

On 3/8/2019 at 10:43 AM, edjr said:

Daks success is entirely based on the caliber of the division. He could win 10 in a down year 6 in an up one. 

2 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Daks success is entirely based on the caliber of the division. He could win 10 in a down year 6 in an up one. 

Dak (basically) sucks now - with Zeke.

This is as cake as it will ever be for him - and he still can't hit broad side of a barn. What are we gonna do when Zeke isn't 22 years old anymore - or gone? Our only hope is that Jerry falls into a coma soon and Stephen and Will dodge the iceberg.

Can someone explain to me why Dallas would extend Gregory?  Is there a catch other than them being fools?

3 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Can someone explain to me why Dallas would extend Gregory?  Is there a catch other than them being fools?

Jerry is desperate. He knows he is running out of time to win one without Jimmy and Jimmys players. His legacy is on the line. 

Daks Pit Bulls got out. Bit off his neighbors finger. Trash. 

• Haha 1

Why would they extend Gregory? You do realize Jerry Jones owns the team, right? He possesses one of the best scouts in Will Mclay, yet Jerry goes his own way to screw up the team

Very odd that they have basically said they are ready to throw big money at Dak.  It is natural to maybe like your guy more than the outsides do.  But I just dont understand when teams will learn?  Maybe he is good enough and Jones just wants to be in the mix/conversation.  Running out of time and doesnt want to see through a shot on another guy.  That woulf make sense from his POV.

Dak isnt awful.  But it is sort of like Andy Dalton.  Yes you can do much worse.  You can also do much better.  Will need to do better in order to get anywhere.

I know it isnt any new idea but I just cant understand why these teams sign up for 5 more years of average QB play like there is no other choice to make.  Dak was a good pick.  Let it be.  You dont have to marry him.

DeMarcus Lawrence signs contract, schedules surgery. Too funny. 

9 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

DeMarcus Lawrence signs contract, schedules surgery. Too funny. 

Pretty smart on his part. He used it to pressure the team into making a deal sooner rather than later. He got his deal and he'll still be ready to go without missing any time.  

1 hour ago, 5-Points said:

Pretty smart on his part. He used it to pressure the team into making a deal sooner rather than later. He got his deal and he'll still be ready to go without missing any time.  

Genius timing on his part. He will miss all or most of training camp. They probably won't play him in the preseason, and he will show up fat and slow for the first game. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/cowboys-demarcus-lawrence-to-have-surgery-wednesday-reportedly-expected-to-need-3-4-months-of-recovery/

55 minutes ago, BiPolarBear said:

Genius timing on his part. He will miss all or most of training camp. They probably won't play him in the preseason, and he will show up fat and slow for the first game. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/cowboys-demarcus-lawrence-to-have-surgery-wednesday-reportedly-expected-to-need-3-4-months-of-recovery/

I thought I'd read/heard somewhere that it was a 2-3 month recovery. Oh well, better now than a month down the road. I'm sure holding off on the surgery until after the deal helped get the deal done sooner. 

ETA: Plus it's a shoulder so his strength training will take a hit but his conditioning shouldn't.

• Like 1

Lawrence's shoulder was always his trump card... He absolutely has to have the surgery, it was a matter of when, not if.

With that in mind, Tank flat out told Jerry that if he didn't get his deal - he would hold off until the season started to have it done.....thus missing most (or all) of the 2019 season. Which means he would have singed and rec'd his Franchise Tag money, all the while resting at home... It was genius on his part - and it worked.

• Thanks 1

Brent stun gunned by police, Zeke meeting with Goodell for his latest off field occurrence. Just another day at the ranch. Lol. 

Is it true Jerruh is trying to trade for Josh Gordon

New Aquisisition Robert Quinn suspended 2 games. Fits right in. 

Jerry likes to think of it as Cowboys initiation rather than suspension. :D 

But seriously, FFS Rog - over a trace of seizure medication? Lol, sure whatever.......... Quinn was gonna be lucky to be back for the start of the season anyway - just gives him 2 more weeks to recover from that hand surgery.

The bigger concern, early words from camp - the new offense under Kellen Moore doesn't appear to look much different than Linehan's. :wall: 

• Like 1

Dak turns down 30 per year.  Wants 40 and the highest paid player.

Like i saod before they are screwed.  3 offensive players basically want the top dollar for their position and none of them are worth it.  

2 out of 3 of the positions hardly matter.

People laughed at Cooper for a 1st saying Cooper sucks.  Nah wrong....but the real point was that he was going to have to be paid if he performed.  

Cowboys are dumb.  Again.