Sign in to follow this  
Hardcore troubadour

Another Day In Big D

2 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

Dak turns down 30 per year.  Wants 40 and the highest paid player.

Like i saod before they are screwed.  3 offensive players basically want the top dollar for their position and none of them are worth it.  

2 out of 3 of the positions hardly matter.

People laughed at Cooper for a 1st saying Cooper sucks.  Nah wrong....but the real point was that he was going to have to be paid if he performed.  

Cowboys are dumb.  Again.

Yep. They are focked and it was easy to see coming. 

6 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

Dak turns down 30 per year.  Wants 40 and the highest paid player.

Like i saod before they are screwed.  3 offensive players basically want the top dollar for their position and none of them are worth it.  

2 out of 3 of the positions hardly matter.

People laughed at Cooper for a 1st saying Cooper sucks.  Nah wrong....but the real point was that he was going to have to be paid if he performed.  

Cowboys are dumb.  Again.

Dak asking for $40m a year doesn't appear to be true. According to Fish and other local beat writers - this is a story spun out of control

What Jerry and Co. have officially stated is that they've offered Dak/Zeke/Amari top 5 money at their positions. Jerry and Stephen have also stated (in regards to Zeke) that they're not going to reset the RB market - which implies they will not offer to make Zeke the highest paid RB in the league.

But I do agree on one thing - Dallas is on the verge of acting stupid..............again. You simply can not have 35% of your Cap tied up in a backfield. Especially when the QB,. AT BEST, is average................ If Dallas were smart they'd mule Zeke out then let him go, then franchise Dak as long as they can - all the wile looking for a new/real NFL qb to lead this team. 

The problem is - this Dallas team (although not great) is too good for their good... This Dallas team will be in the mix for a  Division title and possible playoff spot. The chances of finding a QB from where'd they be drafting is almost nil.. So we're either stuck with $32m a year Dak - or offer up the farm and future #1s in a trade.

33 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Dak asking for $40m a year doesn't appear to be true. According to Fish and other local beat writers - this is a story spun out of control

What Jerry and Co. have officially stated is that they've offered Dak/Zeke/Amari top 5 money at their position. Jerry and Stephen have also stated (in regards to Zeke) that they're not going to reset the RB market - which implies they will not offer to make Zeke the highest paid RB in the league.

But I do agree on one thing - Dallas is on the verge of acting stupid..............again. You simply can not have 35% of your Cap tied up in a backfield. Especially when the QB,. AT BEST, is average................ If Dallas were smart they'd mule Zeke out then let him go, then franchise Dak as long as they can - all the wile looking for a new/real NFL qb to lead this team. 

The problem is - this Dallas team (although not great) is too good for their good... This Dallas team will be in the mix for a  Division title and possible playoff spot. The chances of finding a QB from where'd they be drafting is almost nil.. So we're either stuck with $32m a year Dak - or offer up the farm and future #1s in a trade.

Yeah.  They'd need to get lucky with a late round pick and land a future superstar QB.  I just don't see an easy way out of this.  

If I'm the Cowboys I let all these fockin' clowns walk

Man, free agency + selfism has ruined the game

A title window is short.  Even the 90s Cowboys only had a 4 year window.  The REAL problem here is they laid an egg vs the Rams in the playoffs last year.  They had assembled a nice team.  They needed to go places with it.  But they got outcoached.  If they made the Super Bowl last season, its easier to approach this with a clear head. 

But then again, if you want a title, you sign with the Patriots.  If you want drama, you sign with the Cowboys.

17 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

I'm not so sure this isn't the best route.... The only negative is that we finally have a defense - I mean this unit might be borderline nasty.

Be a damn shame to waste it..... Then again, even with it - I've zero faith in Dak to lead them to a SB.

1 hour ago, Big Guy said:

I have no beef with these guys wanting to get paid. Zeke has been one of the best playing on a chump change rookie deal.

If im the Cowboys, no way you can pay dak top five money. He simply isn't top ten, let alone top five. Let him walk.

Its the same boat my Titans are in. Mariota and likely Henry will be gone at the end of the year. Neither one of them are worth market.