Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

**2019 Masters Thread**

2 hours ago, Cruzer said:

Sung-jae just turned 21 three days ago........ The list of things I could do 3x more when I was 20 wraps around the building.

Mow a lawn with a push-mower?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, edjr said:

Mow a lawn with a push-mower?

Da hell with that.  :nono:

when is the last time you updated, Fumble?

im surprised to not see Rickie in the top 10. I agree with you about Woodland winning a major but his track record here would gibve me pause putting him top 10 over someone like Rickie. You also have Kuchar listed in multiple places.

but I digress......

Trying to get my wagers in order for this week.

Rahm (16-1)

Rickie (18-1)

Phil (40-1)  just because

Louis (40-1)

I like those 4 and am trying to pinpoint a longshot I like the best.

In 2012 I hit one of the nicer bets i've hit (back when i was using an actual bookie and there was no wagering between rounds and during rounds like now with these sites) when I had Bubba when he won his first.

I updated about a week ago. No major ever finishes with chalk. There are always a few in the top ten who weren't projected to be there. 

I liked the way Woodland contended at Bellerive. I think he's a big game hunter and I think he'll contend in 2-3 majors this year. As for Rickie, I would love to see him win. But, his penchant for double bogeys or worse at times makes me think he won't. Rahm and Oosthuzien are great bets by the way. Louis isn't always in rhythm, but he is this year and when that's the case, he often contends at majors. I think Rahm is almost destined to pick off his first major either this year or next. 

1 hour ago, Fumbleweed said:

I updated about a week ago. No major ever finishes with chalk. There are always a few in the top ten who weren't projected to be there. 

I liked the way Woodland contended at Bellerive. I think he's a big game hunter and I think he'll contend in 2-3 majors this year. As for Rickie, I would love to see him win. But, his penchant for double bogeys or worse at times makes me think he won't. Rahm and Oosthuzien are great bets by the way. Louis isn't always in rhythm, but he is this year and when that's the case, he often contends at majors. I think Rahm is almost destined to pick off his first major either this year or next. 

Agreed, no major is chalk but these are rankings. I wouldn't say make them odds favorite chalk completely, just saying rickie has contended here on more than 1 occasion and Woodland as a "big game hunter" has missed 3 consecutive masters cuts. I think many view woodland as a poor man's koepka. Not quite sure it works. I do think he can win a major and I've always liked him but I almost feel like he and brooks get lumped together because they have similar games and physical builds. Not sure woody has the same mental makeup yet.

Shaping up to be a rain filled Masters....... Sunday looks especially ugly - this might not end till Monday.

Fock. :(

4 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Shaping up to be a rain filled Masters....... Sunday looks especially ugly - this might not end till Monday.

Warm and wet right? Hubba hubba. 

Should favor long hitters even more. Glad I drafted so many

#rory

Interesting Stat.

Of the players invited, are the last 5 winners of the US Open, Open Champ, and PGA.  So it is a possible of 15 players. However if any has won a Masters, they are automatically in, and if anyone has won 2 of the 3 other majors, that begins to lower that 15 number. So 15 is highly unlikely.  This year, there are 10.  The "other" 5 are, Koepka and McIlroy who have won 2 majors in the last 5. Mickelson who has a major in the last 5, outside the Masters win, and Spieth who has 2 majors outside the Masters win.

I don't know what the all time high is, but 10 seems like a lot.

6 hours ago, Cruzer said:

Rain on Thursday, Friday, or Saturday is no big deal...they can get up the next morning and make up time. 

Storms on Sunday suck, though. Nothing you can do if the delay is significant other than push the finish to Monday. :(

19 hours ago, Cruzer said:

Good. Finally something interesting.

9 hours ago, GuidingLight said:

Pulling for Rickie.

sounds a little on the ghey side

Who will be the 1st ever player to win the Masters, on their final stroke, with the flag still in the hole?

The irony of Deshamblows approach banging off the flagstick on 18 and staying out was something :)

Thoughts coming into Day Two...

I think Dustin Johnson is in great position to take this tournament by the throat. I think there's a good chance both Koepka and DeChambeau shoot around even par today opening the door for Johnson and maybe Rahm to pass them up. I do think Bryson's amazing prep for this tournament is going to carry him to a top-5, maybe top-3 finish, but I don't think he'll win it. Koepka also looks like a guy poised to contend all the way. All that said, if I had to put money down on somebody after Day One, give me Johnson and then Rahm. 

Justin Rose's performance on Thursday was shocking. Jordan Spieth, not so much. Spieth's game tee to green remains a complete mess. I think Rose will shoot a decent score today and make the cut, but he's no longer a contender. I do think McIlory is not out of it yet, though. Nor is Justin Thomas. Both need to shoot 68 or better today to get back into the tournament. 

For those who are Tiger fans, I still see him performing well overall, but finishing around 8th-10th when all is said and done. Another 70 today or 71 is what I would predict. I think Mickelson will implode in one of the next two rounds and take himself out of contention, but Phil is impossible to predict, so who knows. 

48 minutes ago, Fumbleweed said:

Thoughts coming into Day Two...

I think Dustin Johnson is in great position to take this tournament by the throat. I think there's a good chance both Koepka and DeChambeau shoot around even par today opening the door for Johnson and maybe Rahm to pass them up. I do think Bryson's amazing prep for this tournament is going to carry him to a top-5, maybe top-3 finish, but I don't think he'll win it. Koepka also looks like a guy poised to contend all the way. All that said, if I had to put money down on somebody after Day One, give me Johnson and then Rahm. 

On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 9:55 AM, Cruzer said:

The way DJ is hitting it and putting, I'll take him and my chances against the field.

Plus he's still carrying a chip on his shoulder from the 2017 Masters... Having won 3 in  a row, ranked #1 and rolling heading into that week - he slips and falls, has to WD.

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 11:43 AM, Cruzer said:

I will be a bit surprised if Rory, DJ or Rahm don't win.

Jep. :thumbsup:

Solid tee shot there, Zach Johnson. :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, bostonlager said:

That was pretty hilarious!  It's something I do when I am a six-pack in to my round.

42 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

I was away - what did he do? :unsure:

16 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

I was away - what did he do? :unsure:

He was taking a practice shot and got too close to the ball. Club barely skimmed over the top of the ball and trickled a few feet up the tee box. If this was beer league golf night, he would have been playing the rest of the hole with his d*ck out. 

• Haha 1

Molinari is making some of you guys look really good. He and Koepka are becoming a factor in every major they tee it up in, Augusta included. 

I laugh when I hear the ol "(insert name) has length you need that here" srt of thing.  

As if we havent seen many zach johnsons win.  I never understood the idea that power here is real important.

It is better to hit it longer.  Not ground breaking.  No more here than anywhere else.  Maybe less a factor in my opinion.  

I think a bomber who gets on fire can run away from the pack more so than one who isnt.  But thats about it.

8 minutes ago, Fumbleweed said:

What an awesome leaderboard!!!!!!

Indeed. This is shaping up to be a killer Sunday afternoon. 

Dude, shut the fock up already. We get it, Woods was the first to birdie #11. we heard you the first 30 times you said it.

Woods misses an easy 5 footer for another birdie....but he is the only player to birdie the previous hole. That's hole #11. 28 groups, 1 birdie.... by......Tiger.

22 minutes ago, lod001 said:

Woods misses an easy 5 footer for another birdie....but he is the only player to birdie the previous hole. That's hole #11. 28 groups, 1 birdie.... by......Tiger.

that makes about five 6 footers he's missed in 2 days... if he was truly back, that wouldn't be happening.

Guess I won't be watching golf this weekend.  I would guess that CBS is already gearing up for 24/7 coverage of them on their knees...

Thank God there is the Stanley Cup playoffs...

It’s a bunched top two pages of the leaderboard with big names galore.

getcha popcorn ready

2 hours ago, Fumbleweed said:

The Woods worship train is in overdrive...

I mean, he is 43, and one of the top two greatest golfers ever.  Gah.

13 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

I mean, he is 43, and one of the top two greatest golfers ever.  Gah.

Yeah I dont get it at this point.  I get it when he was terrible and you couldnt see anyonr else play.

But he is a top 2 player ever.  One of the most famous sportsmen the world has ever seen.   I mean come on it isnt unthinkable here.

Tiger was a few inches away from having his knee wrecked.  That was crazy.

so I was terribly mistaken.

Deshamblow is 28 to 1  Sexy Scott is 40 to 1

Pray for Ed

that makes about five 6 footers he's missed in 2 days... if he was truly back, that wouldn't be happening.

He'd be up 4 right now if he was Tiger Woods