Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

**2019 Masters Thread**

That was fun.  There is nothing like Sunday at the Masters.

Absolutely amazing. 

Congratulations Tiger.  :first:

My apologies to ksb.  You kept the faith when everyone else said he was done.  Enjoy.  :cheers:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Reality said:

Molinari just doesn't make any mistakes, doesn't seem to put himself in a bad situation where mistakes are more likely to happen.

Choked badly on 12, then again on 15.  

I hope they ask woods "Which Perkins will you be celebrating your victory at tonight?" and "What chain restaurants have the easiest waitresses by your rankings? Does Waffle House crack your top 10?"

• Haha 1

On 2/27/2019 at 11:32 AM, dain11279 said:

TW is gonna win, and it's gonna be glorious.

:pointstosky:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is the most jazzed I’ve been about a sporting event in several years. 

I’m worried about KSB. Sure, he is happy. But there isn’t anywhere good to go from here, so he may just stick a pistol in his mouth and die in bliss. I wouldn’t question his logic

• Like 1

Love sports moments like that where the old guy comes back. Course it's different, tennis versus golf and he didn't win, but reminded me of when Jimmy Conners reached the semi finals at the 91 US open. Farve had a couple old guy coming back performances like that too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vuduchile said:

Choked badly on 12, then again on 15.  

Yup, it happens, what a finish tho.

33 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

2nd greatest Masters behind 86?  86 still best in my book.

Good take. I was too young to really remember that one but it’s definitely up there. Still think this one edges it out. But like I said I didn’t fully experience ‘86.

"So Tiger, tell the world what you will be having for dessert after your grand slam Denny's meal tonight?"

"Well, the Denny's that I frequent, has an almost attractive, well, not super ugly, white girl working cashier tonight. I noticed she gets off work at 10pm on Sundays. So here's hoping her husband is late picking her up again. That guy is such a loser."

What an incredible feat for Tiger to win. To say he’s been written off is an understatement. This is so huge for him and his legacy, even if he never wins again.

31 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

What an incredible feat for Tiger to win. To say he’s been written off is an understatement. This is so huge for him and his legacy, even if he never wins again.

I know it’s just April but you have my vote for Geek of the Year.

Great weekend for golf. Tiger won and was an appreciative champion. His press conference was excellent.  The other players played very strong and it was a who’s who on the leaderboard. 

Jack’s comments after were so appropriate and fitting. He never conceded the number 1 spot but showed his appreciation for Tiger’s accomplishments. I have little doubt that he would want to take on Tiger in their primes. Just some great golf talk after some great golf.

My pick Molinari should have won that focking this. To rinse one at 12 with a two shot lead is just inexcusable. The bad luck at 15 hitting the pine cone can't be helped but 12th hole pin location was just moronic to shoot at.

Congrats Tiger. You should have fired Sean Foley sooner.

The good/scary/crazy thing is, if Tiger could have hit fairways on a more regular basis, he would have shot -22.

32 minutes ago, Drizzay said:

The good/scary/crazy thing is, if Tiger could have hit fairways on a more regular basis, he would have shot -22.

He actually drove the ball pretty well. It was short putts missed in the beginning of the week that was maddening.

Let's see, 11pm est. He should be finishing up his Applebee's cheeseburger and flat miller light on tap. Now, who to target for dessert. Something that will be a nice compliment to his cold soggy left over french fries. 

27 minutes ago, sderk said:

Let's see, 11pm est. He should be finishing up his Applebee's cheeseburger and flat miller light on tap. Now, who to target for dessert. Something that will be a nice compliment to his cold soggy left over french fries. 

His girlfriend had some really skinny legs as she was walking behind him heading to the scorer's tent.

https://proxy.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fs.yimg.com%2Fuu%2Fapi%2Fres%2F1.2%2FhS1lZGmNYn.JT7877VpZ6A--~B%2FaD0yMDAwO3c9MTMzMztzbT0xO2FwcGlkPXl0YWNoeW9u%2Fhttp%3A%2F%2Fmedia.zenfs.com%2Fen-US%2Fhomerun%2Fpeople_218%2Faad7300f834353a822807df1e5e26c9d&f=1

He's settling for that?  :unsure:

1 hour ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

Once you have banged hundreds of women including models, athletes, movie stars, and Waffle House waitresses you have pretty much seen it all.

Finding a chick who you enjoy with her clothes on starts to take priority over the next IG hoe with plastic everything.

His current chick isn't an 8+ but she ain't bad looking. 

Tiger must be a republican

16 hours ago, kutulu said:

Love sports moments like that where the old guy comes back. Course it's different, tennis versus golf and he didn't win, but reminded me of when Jimmy Conners reached the semi finals at the 91 US open. Farve had a couple old guy coming back performances like that too. 

You're an old guy coming on someone's back, I'm sure. 🌈

You don't often get to see history being made. I hope all appreciate what has unfolded before us. We're getting a sense of what it felt like to witness Harry Vardon, Bobby Jones and Ben Hogan. 100 years from now fans will look back and wonder what it must of been like to live during Tiger's reign.

This isn't the greatest comeback in sport history, it's not even the greatest golf comeback in history - but it's truly spectacular in its own right. Before the Tour Championship last year I never thought he could do it.. Then I thought he could, but wouldn't...... I now know otherwise.

What's truly amazing is he didn't even win with his A game - Tiger won that Masters with his B+ game... The A game Tiger doesn't have 8 or so misses from inside 7 feet. the A game Tiger doesn't have 3 bogeys in the final round, the A game Tiger doesn't bogey the 5th hole 4 days in a row........ But he was golden in other areas and shined at times. Tiger outsmarted the field Sunday - and it was grand to see.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

You don't often get to see history being made. I hope all appreciate what has unfolded before us. We're getting a sense of what it felt like to witness Harry Vardon, Bobby Jones and Ben Hogan. 100 years from now fans will look back and wonder what it must of been like to live during Tiger's reign.

This isn't the greatest comeback in sport history, it's not even the greatest golf comeback in history - but it's truly spectacular in its own right. Before the Tour Championship last year I never thought he could do it.. Then I thought he could, but wouldn't...... I now know otherwise.

What's truly amazing is he didn't even win with his A game - Tiger won that Masters with his B+ game... The A game Tiger doesn't have 8 or so misses from inside 7 feet. the A game Tiger doesn't have 3 bogeys in the final round, the A game Tiger doesn't bogey the 5th hole 4 days in a row........ But he was golden in other areas and shined at times. Tiger outsmarted the field Sunday - and it was grand to see.

Adam Scott missed 14 putts inside 10 feet for the week. 

No other sport is as dependant on a guy like golf is with Tiger.  I dont think a lot of people realize this.

My first summer jobs were working at a golf course.   They kept doing better numbers each year as golf became cool.  2006 was I believe the last year this club grew in revenue.  Then it slowly declined  all the way to now, where golf courses are hurting, at least up in the NE.  Losing members as membership gets old.  Not as many younger members having the time nor want to join.  Less younger guys thinking the game is cool.

Then insert this win and things will change again.  Hes 43 and not a young hip guy on tour anymore.   But he still gets the average hacker excited to go play golf.  

The tour was sort of fine without him in a way.  Obviously much better with him there.  But the slew of younger guys cant move the needle for the actual game outside the ropes and on public courses across America.  Only Tiger has been able to do that.   

Just now, listen2me 23 said:

But he still gets the average hacker excited to go play golf.  

This is a bad reason as well...

1 minute ago, posty said:

I have no idea what you mean.  You hate golf and Tiger Woods so not sure why you are here.

1 minute ago, posty said:

Yeah it is except for the club manufacturers who are loving the nut huggers running into the store to buy a new set of clubs because they sold the old set at a yard sale years ago. 

59 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

You don't often get to see history being made. I hope all appreciate what has unfolded before us.

He won a game of golf because some other guys sucked. So historic. :doh: