Sign in to follow this  
Torn

12th Owner Found! Time to Play Ball!

I've been bumping a Rotoworld post seeking new managers, but no bites yet. The guy who expressed interest to Talent Scout never got back to me.

Ghost has placed a post on Razzball. Hopefully, something will come from it.

Godfather has also volunteered to ask a couple of friends.

If we can't get two new managers by next Fri, we're going to be cutting things really tight on time. If we have to drop to 10 teams, would everyone continue to play? If we're on a death march to get to 12, I really need everyone's help to fill those slots. Even if you have an idea but no time to deal with it, let me know and I'll do my best to take it on.

I’m getting nothing but crickets chirping from my leaugue owners invite. Everybody might consider Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. to ID some more prospects. My problem: I have NO Facebook, NO Twitter, none of that stuff. 

I would play with 10 or 12 and don't have a strong preference. If we drop from 10-12 maybe we would have keepers be based on draft position equating to a round.  For example someone who would be the 81st overall drafted player in a 12 team league which would I think be a 7th round keeper would  turn into an 8th round keeper since the 81st pick in a 10 team league would be the 8th round.  Just a suggestion to maintain keeper values.  

I'm fine with 10 or 12 and fine with everything keeper related staying as is.

Some good news!  I have found one new manager via Rotoworld. MotorCityKitty plans to join us.

I'm currently working on getting him a league invitation and approval for this forum.

Please welcome him aboard when you "see" him!

We still need one more and with an odd # of teams, we need an all out press to get that 12th manager onboard. Please try any avenues you can think of...

I occasionally talk/text with Dave. I doubt it, ...but I just texted him to see if he is interested, ....or knows someone.

Thanks, Ghost... I'll keep bumping the Rotoworld thread. Hopefully we can get one more bite over the next handful of days. 

Oh wow, they got you in quick! Sometimes it takes a couple of days.

That'd be great if your cousin was interested.

Feel free to roam around here to get caught up on happenings and plans. 

I'm sure any of the guys will be willing to help with questions.

Hey Motor City Lions/Tigers. Welcome to the league, ...and Thank you for helping to get this league back to 12 teams. We are all crossing our fingers for a 12th man--your cousin--or perhaps somebody else.

Hey Joe, ...we should start putting together a contact list, ...preferences for e-mails/texts, ...so that the draft proceeds optimally. Motor City, ...I'm at 575-640-2360, you can text me anytime. My main function here is #1 to push everyone to make their draft picks in a timely fashion, my #2 function is to WIN the league, ....doh! Now that I've said that, ....I've jinxed myself! I'm doomed for a bottom 6 finish. Crap.

welcome

Dave Stoner said “Maybe next year”. He is KICKING ASS in a new business venture. Needs to give all his attention to that. I get it. I was there in 2008-2010. 

All right! Have found our 12th owner. He will inherit the Pop Fishers team.

Please welcome DaveBaseballFan to the crew when you "see" him. I've sent a league invitation and we're in progress of getting his account set up here.

Phew - now that we have our 12 managers, we can get down to business. I'll be busy with requests during the week.

Let's Play Ball!