GuardBum

2019 Season Discussion

I'll manage my raggedy bunch to the playoffs like the great Joe Madddon used to do! Rays Up!

"excuse me.. Mr. Goldschmidt..  Mr. Goldschmidt....   You are in the wrong line.  Please step this way into the Cardinal exclusive line..  Thank you". 

8 minutes ago, lambert58 said:

Am I still set up to help edit picks for the draft?  

My forum mod rights weren't taken so try and edit a post and see.  I'd say you should be GTG.

Can the Boston and Houston owners pick different teams please?

26 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Ummm...no...you should just pick a different team. You have really changed my draft...lol

I don't even worry about what other teams share my players. At this point in their careers the guys that I have access to aren't even that good anymore.

I live off exclusives. 

Last year I hated having the top pick. Felt like such a waste. At least most of you guys have a bona-fide star or star-esque when healthy type player to covet for round 1. You might miss out based on the dice roll 

When I submit my dice roll I'm literally thinking "meh, doesn't matter I'll end up with two of my four B-level players anyway you slice it" :D

• Like 1

Using the top300 from Yahoo I have 13 players I'm fighting for and 7 that are exclusive.  Of those exclusives only 1 is in the top 225 and he WILL NOT start on the major league roster this year.  The future is bright ~cmh in KC words

3 hours ago, GuardBum said:

Using the top300 from Yahoo I have 13 players I'm fighting for and 7 that are exclusive.  Of those exclusives only 1 is in the top 225 and he WILL NOT start on the major league roster this year.  The future is bright ~cmh in KC words

My team will suck.

19 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

No

My player list is compiled...same crap, different year.☹️ At least I finally have an exclusive 1B again. Justin focking Bour.

Looking forward to it though! 

Nice pick, Bum.

Lets get crackin'

I could probably pick now but ill let some of the round play out

shouldn't we have a draft discussion before a season discussion?

all in one! Let's get to 10 pages this year!

Congrats on Grienke

• Like 1

For not even starting yet, this has moved pretty well so far.  

Might be the oddest first round choice I have ever had. Miller could end up being the Cards closer or a great holds guy.  Either way I believe he is going to be racking up stats somewhere for the Cards.  I felt with him being eligible to the Tigers, Orioles, Boston, and Cleveland he might not have made it to round 3.  

On 3/5/2019 at 4:12 PM, bbascom said:

Ummm...no...you should just pick a different team. You have really changed my draft...lol

I remember why having the tigers suck. We don't have any home grown talent. 

4 tiger eligible players drafted in the 1st round.

You missed an opening. Someone forgot about their future Hall of Fame staff ace when they made their original two picks.

1 hour ago, Cdub100 said:

I remember why having the tigers suck. We don't have any home grown talent. 

4 tiger eligible players drafted in the 1st round.

Bad time to rejoin the league and role of five but I feel like each season at least one owner gets a late first-round pick and has a ton of shared players that get scooped up in the first round

The Rays don't have this problem which is why I always hope to get as late as pick as possible

You all remembered I said the guys on the Jays aren't ranked that high?  Why are they all going these first 2 rounds? LOL

9 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

Bad time to rejoin the league and role of five but I feel like each season at least one owner gets a late first-round pick and has a ton of shared players that get scooped up in the first round

The Rays don't have this problem which is why I always hope to get as late as pick as possible

Having no PIT, MIA, Was or ARI team is nice though

Wtf is everyone

Yes I'm impatient😂

I'm not on the clock but will probably pick in a bit. Have been trying to decide between 2 players.

1 minute ago, bbascom said:

Burt is next technically. You don't have to pick yet. 

True, but he doesn't impact my selection and I dont think i'll get any more spring training info worth considering, so I will pull the trigger shortly. 👊

I wasn't aware we we starting on a Sunday.  We never have before....any particular reason for that?  Anyway, I'm at work right now and dont have access to my list.  I'll pick when I get home in a bit. 

13 minutes ago, Burt said:

I wasn't aware we we starting on a Sunday.  We never have before....any particular reason for that?  Anyway, I'm at work right now and dont have access to my list.  I'll pick when I get home in a bit. 

We actually started drafting days ago. I know you're a stickler for picking exactly on the start date. Not sure why Sunday instead of Monday but being that its like a 6PM start, shouldn't really be an issue. I dont think anyone is any serious rush. though perhaps Sunday was listed because we started 5 or 6 days earlier last season.

I just never saw where we'd set a date until just now.  And no, I'm not a stickler for picking on an exact date.  I am, however, a stickler for picking with my list handy....which I'd have if I'd known the draft  began today. 

36 minutes ago, Burt said:

I just never saw where we'd set a date until just now.  And no, I'm not a stickler for picking on an exact date.  I am, however, a stickler for picking with my list handy....which I'd have if I'd known the draft  began today. 

I just meant that I recall you usually waiting until kick off day to pick. 

I don't think anyone is complaining at all, even if you had not realized until Monday :)

I only Sunday night down because yes we generally start early on a Monday but we are also starting later than usual.  It shouldn't be an issue when the next few picks get in.  We are underway as I jumped the start anyways on Friday.  Those that are ready have and can pick.  If someone didn't see this, or hopefully we all do by tomorrow morning, we can get make a smooth steady progress like last year.  The later picks can always be entered as well.

Bostons 2-3 turn surprised me a little. Thought there was 1 player he would choose instead.

1 hour ago, gratefulted said:

Damn you mookz!!

Sorry about that!  😏

But you forced my hand by taking Manny.  :(

I don't even want to think about what kind of garbage the Os will actually throw out there at 3B this year.  Guess I'll find out when Turner gets hurt.  :wall:

11 minutes ago, Mookz said:

Sorry about that!  😏

But you forced my hand by taking Manny.  :(

I don't even want to think about what kind of garbage the Os will actually throw out there at 3B this year.  Guess I'll find out when Turner gets hurt.  :wall:

Never really expected him to get to me, he usually doesn't get hurt, last year was a fluke, he'll serve you well.

1 hour ago, WhiteWonder said:

Bostons 2-3 turn surprised me a little. Thought there was 1 player he would choose instead.

Starting pitching took hit when Detroit joined back in. Needed help there the most. Definitely had other ideas but couldn't go that way. 

3.13 - CJ Cron, 1B MIN

😒

12 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

😒

Not sure where you planned on drafting him, but he put up half way respectable numbers last year. And I have crap to choose from for 1B.

1 hour ago, BlackClouds said:

Not sure where you planned on drafting him, but he put up half way respectable numbers last year. And I have crap to choose from for 1B.

he felt like a 5th rounder for me. I also thought you had a player not yet drafted that youd be picking at this turn for sure (thought you might take him your first turn).

no biggie, theres always the supplemental for me  :D

Sorry everyone. My cheat sheet is a mess. Just trying to play catch up. I remember the 1st year being the hardest to draft and years after that got easier cause everything was already built.