GuardBum

2019 Season Discussion

M

I deleted the Mets but says can only invite from a desktop.  However I changed it where anyone can invite someone.  Invite cdub then I'll finalize the rosters if needed

cdub100@yahoo.com

I’ll be around to pick later this evening

sorry for any holdup 

im working on my pick.  who else should I give commish access to?

1 minute ago, cmh6476 said:

im working on my pick.  who else should I give commish access to?

I volunteer as tribute.  Won't get to working on it until tomorrow evening sometime though so if someone else has sooner time...

Looks like Paxton is available.  Hard to tell without rosters entered.  Which I guess is also kinda my fault :ninja:

proxy sent to ted, list of teams finalized in yahoo and GB has been given co-commish access.  I should be around more today but hopefully that's all you need from me to keep this moving.  Sorry for the delay.  I was riding at Islnds of Adventure :dunno:

3 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

proxy sent to ted, list of teams finalized in yahoo and GB has been given co-commish access.  I should be around more today but hopefully that's all you need from me to keep this moving.  Sorry for the delay.  I was riding at Islnds of Adventure :dunno:

Got it  :)

12 minutes ago, gratefulted said:

Got it  :)

do you ever sleep? 🤯

You have to be f ING kidding me. I waited all that time to have the one dude I wanted sniped the pick before me?

2 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

do you ever sleep? 🤯

Quite often, I do leave my PC on while snoozing

1 minute ago, WhiteWonder said:

You have to be f ING kidding me. I waited all that time to have the one dude I wanted sniped the pick before me?

Hate that when it happens!

Give me a few so can make a terrible pick 

Story was to be my 28th rounder. CMH really nailed me. 

He played it well though and Paxton will win the Cy Young 

Yeah Paxton was on my board too and was just hoping he fell.  I only have 1 other P I was thinking about at this turn.  Maybe if I was lower I'd have taken the plunge.  Really thought for some reason Hoskins would fall with all the bats on the board.  So I figured I'd just take 2 of them at those positions I'm struggling the most.  Morales and Pillar just got upgraded as my top positional options.

rounds 1-26 should be saved.  cdub I used 2 placeholders as it seems Fulmer and Greene were picked twice.  Drop and pick up new eligibles after the draft I suspect. 

I have NOT yet finalized the draft.  Waiting for rds 27 28.  I've got to pack, go get lunch with the wife, and get on a plane.

I agree with Paxtons greatness but he needs to keep himself off the DL

So I figured Paxton would last to 27.13. 

It sucks to leave some of the hitters on the board but my starting pitching needs help. So does 1B and there was a guy I was considering but again, lack of SP options combined with Tampa using silly openers and having to guess which guy will pitch 2nd in those games (meaning eligible for the win) left me no choice. There were 2 safer options on the board and one more talented but I can't wait a month or more to find out if he's ready.... so I'm going to pretend it's 2016...... Mad Bum baby!

6 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

So I figured Paxton would last to 27.13. 

It sucks to leave some of the hitters on the board but my starting pitching needs help. So does 1B and there was a guy I was considering but again, lack of SP options combined with Tampa using silly openers and having to guess which guy will pitch 2nd in those games (meaning eligible for the win) left me no choice. There were 2 safer options on the board and one more talented but I can't wait a month or more to find out if he's ready.... so I'm going to pretend it's 2016...... Mad Bum baby!

Kind of glad you took him, because I probably would have.  I've had him the past two years and he's been nothing but heartbreak.  :mad:

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, BlackClouds said:

TROUT - 12 years, $430M :thumbsup:

Looks like an Angel for life, I like it!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, gratefulted said:

I was all set to take Madbum here!!!

I'm going to hope this isn't a joke so I can feel good 

Ugh, two Mets pitchers, not including their good one.  :doh:

Had to go SP here, either Wheeler or Tanaka, whichever one fell to me. Thought about Severino for a split second but can't wait until May for starts. 

SEA/OAK game kicks off at like midnight tonight. We need to get rosters input before then for those games to count.

GuardBum, if you can't do it by then, give me the keys to the bus and I'll do it this afternoon.

After a sh1tty draft this year, glad people are talking about my supp pick :banana:

3 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

After a sh1tty draft this year, 

That is mainly because of the team you are playing with...  Right??

• Thanks 1

And here I thought a Jose Berrios type might make it back to my pick. I also could not take the plunge on a guy out until may. At the earliest.

4 minutes ago, ZeroTolerance said:

I really wanted a starter but there was no value to be had by the time it made it back to me. 

Jameson Taillon was the only other starter on the board I was considering at the turn.  Severino would have been if he was healthy but he'd of likely been gone if he was. 

45 minutes ago, BlackClouds said:

SEA/OAK game kicks off at like midnight tonight. We need to get rosters input before then for those games to count.

GuardBum, if you can't do it by then, give me the keys to the bus and I'll do it this afternoon.

I can't from my phone which is all I have until after 10pm est tonight. I have all rounds up till the supplemental input and saved.

19 minutes ago, GuardBum said:

I can't from my phone which is all I have until after 10pm est tonight. I have all rounds up till the supplemental input and saved.

Perfect! Chad gave me access, so I'll add the supp picks and hit the magic go button.

Thanks GB!

• Like 2