GuardBum

2019 Season Discussion

On 5/5/2019 at 11:17 PM, WhiteWonder said:

focking postponement cost me probably 5 categories this week..... :mad:

Feel your pain on the rainout and apologize for the weather in Baltimore.  :(

Somehow the O's were still able to eke out a win against the mighty Cards.  B)  (Thank you Syndergaard for the complete game.)

At 47-16 they were obviously due for a down week. 

Dallas to rays or yanks😮

• Like 1

I'd welcome Dallas to the Rays. Even though it works I'd prefer only 1 "bullpen day" and 4 regular starters. 

Snell, Morton, Glasnow when he returns and Dallas would be a nice quartet.

Rays need a bat though. Should have kept Ramos.

• Like 1

Memorial Day check in. Hope you all had a good one

Feels like my team has yet to "fire on all cylinders" but like the real life Rays, we are doing well. Injuries have likely hit all teams but it will be interesting to see my team at full strength (if that ever happens) getting Glasnow, Davis and Dickerson back. My offensive MVP at this point would be Austin Meadows. Trevor Story is too easy... what Meadows has done in the time he's been healthy has been great. Pirates must wish they could get a do over on that Meadows and Glasnow for Archer trade :lol:. Pitching MVP is Charlie Morton just slightly over Jake Odorizzi.... although I guess it should really be Glasnow for what he did pre injury

1 hour ago, WhiteWonder said:

Memorial Day check in. Hope you all had a good one

Feels like my team has yet to "fire on all cylinders" but like the real life Rays, we are doing well. Injuries have likely hit all teams but it will be interesting to see my team at full strength (if that ever happens) getting Glasnow, Davis and Dickerson back. My offensive MVP at this point would be Austin Meadows. Trevor Story is too easy... what Meadows has done in the time he's been healthy has been great. Pirates must wish they could get a do over on that Meadows and Glasnow for Archer trade :lol:. Pitching MVP is Charlie Morton just slightly over Jake Odorizzi.... although I guess it should really be Glasnow for what he did pre injury

Well I know just the cure for what ails ya....playing my team.  Taking Justin Upton with my #1 and passing up Morton twice will likely follow me around all season.

Has anyone gone from first to worst in this league?

2 hours ago, Burt said:

Well I know just the cure for what ails ya....playing my team.  Taking Justin Upton with my #1 and passing up Morton twice will likely follow me around all season.

Has anyone gone from first to worst in this league?

obviously you earned your title last year although that might have been my best chance to win one and i definitely feel like I handed it over with a few poor lineup decisions on the very final day, if i remember correctly....

Well I get to see the youth movement start to happen in TOR.  All the guys i got to follow in NH now going to the big club.  The reason I choose this "homer" team, finally getting to play for the guys you root for.  Also though not having much else to pair it with to make a competitive roster for fantasy purposes is the cost.

And another injury.  There are starting to stack up to where I can barely field a roster.

Estrada, Joe Smith, Oh, Buchholz, Giles, Stanton, Pierce, Morales,Tepera, Borucki, Loup, Phelps, Cecil, Tulo,  I'm sure there's more.

Yeah me too
Crazy ax season for sure

On 3/5/2019 at 8:02 AM, GuardBum said:

My team sucks

This is just painful.  Almost time for sup draft.  Oh yay... more unsubstaintially helpful players.  Might have to look to trade down for multiple picks and players.

RIP Tyler Skaggs

Such devastating news. Only 27 years old and just married last off season. Brings back memories of Nick Adenhart. ☹️

8 hours ago, BlackClouds said:

RIP Tyler Skaggs

Such devastating news. Only 27 years old and just married last off season. Brings back memories of Nick Adenhart. ☹️

Yeah man, it's crazy. Couldn't believe it when I heard about it this morning. Sorry man.

On 7/1/2019 at 12:29 PM, GuardBum said:

This is just painful.  Almost time for sup draft.  Oh yay... more unsubstaintially helpful players.  Might have to look to trade down for multiple picks and players.

I might be interested

If the sup draft is starting first thing Monday morning, we need to get the word out.  Otherwise we'll sit around all day Monday waiting on someone who isn't aware.

On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 9:59 AM, Burt said:

If the sup draft is starting first thing Monday morning, we need to get the word out.  Otherwise we'll sit around all day Monday waiting on someone who isn't aware.

agreed. ---  and I have OF's galore to trade if anyone is interested. 

On 7/5/2019 at 9:59 AM, Burt said:

What time might this kick off Monday morning?  I just need a chance to pre-tect any exclusives that may currently be on the wire, and Sunday's players are still locked.  Not that anybody wants my scrubs, but there's one guy I should pick back up just to be safe.

I'll be around most of the day - GuardBum, do you still have my phone number?  Feel free to text me after you select and I'll hop on to make my pick.

I'm just getting back. Traveling since wed night. Glad some folks stepped up. Still willing to deal but surprised in not skipped yet.

Does Cdub know we doodis?  :ninja:

20 minutes ago, Mookz said:

Does Cdub know we doodis?  :ninja:

Dunno. He's done it before with us when he was in the league.

13 hours ago, GuardBum said:

Dunno. He's done it before with us when he was in the league.

I just sent him an email. Need to set a deadline at some point.

Email sent to league from Yahoo site. Hate being the commish when I'm not. 1pm eastern. Do or skip. 1hr on the clock skips.  Talk about setting a 30min schedule for tomorrow maybe when/if it gets to that?

• Like 1

Had an old # for cmh not sure still valid.

Texted bbascom.

I'll be not paying much attention until tomorrow. 

Count an hour and skip and pick if you're up. 

Freeze I guess from 11p ET to 9a ET. Fair?

Looks like I most likely didn't need to trade up but oh well. Probably had little use for my 2.10 anyway

Draft already started, Mondesi should be fair game :P

1 hour ago, WhiteWonder said:

Draft already started, Mondesi should be fair game :P

I know you're just joking, but its actually true.  I almost took him with my 1.04.  Would I have had to drop him after drafting him?

I am fully expecting Torres to hit about .187 for the rest of the year just to stay in line with Matt Carpenter and Kolton Wong.  I challenge anyone to have less production at any position than my second basemen.    

I actually don't know where I needed the upgrade more, 1B or 2B. Bauers has had hot streaks and my 2B is a platoon between Adames and Wendle. Not exactly a fearsome duo... so I figured Bell was the biggest overall upgrade out there

Shall we move on and get round 2 started?

I've got a proxy pick for the Cubs when we get to him.

I just texted cdub (tigers), give him a minute.  He wonders why someone didn't text him like they did me last night :ninja:

We don't have everyone's numbers. Someone I thought tried though

I'm out the door in 20 though so I'm gonna pick at that point

Going in this store. Gonna wait a few more for the reality that the all star sup draft, always advertised, is underway, and opportunity to make 2 selections are on the table.

1 hour ago, cmh6476 said:

I just texted cdub (tigers), give him a minute.  He wonders why someone didn't text him like they did me last night :ninja:

Did he post his cell?

1 minute ago, WhiteWonder said:

Did he post his cell?

no I had it because I've lost bets with him and sent him jayhawks hoodie and stuff

3 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

no I had it because I've lost bets with him and sent him jayhawks hoodie and stuff

Okay well generally when you join a league you leave a contact method not just for this but trades and anything else that might pop up. I also thought he had played in the past and knew about the all star break otherwise I would have reached out at least via PM.

But also clearly not checking in here and there at the league forum is no one else's fault....

• Like 1