GuardBum

2019 Season Discussion

4 hours ago, bbascom said:

Congrats Lambert. Enjoy the actual playoffs and the off season everyone!

Thanks.  Same to you as well. 

I’m already getting geeked up for this season and it’s only January 7th and my team is going to once again suck balls on paper. 

what do I have to do to get everyone on board for a $20 buy in?? I think Burt was the only no go last year. It’s 20 bucks over 6 plus months of entertainment and we can pay out first second and third. No major money just a little something extra to get the juices flowing. 

what say ye all?

my team has sucked consistently and has never finished better than third, and that was just one-time.  I could think of better causes to donate $20 to :lol:

:rolleyes:

I don't mind donating either.  As you can see my managing has never placed in the top three.  And I have been here since the start back with McBokonon and his Pirates.  We also in those early years sent the winner some sort of swag from each other team.  I know we've also talked that some don't want random hats or pins from say Toronto... but just bringing it up again.  I'm game for anything I guess.  

I just relocated from NH to TN this past month and starting a new job so I'm not even sure what my availability will be.  It looks like it'll be fine for the drafts but I'm still gaining access to things and just sitting and training in this first month so far.

I'd consider donating if we got rid of Yahoo (my annual rant on this shitty platform).  Nothing is more infuriating than not being able to make a change to your future roster and having to wait until after midnight Pacific time because "a player has already played today".  That's fine, but I'm trying to make a move for TOMORROW.  On ESPN, once the first game of the calendar day begins, any transaction made will be reflected for the following day.

10 hours ago, Burt said:

I'd consider donating if we got rid of Yahoo (my annual rant on this shitty platform).  Nothing is more infuriating than not being able to make a change to your future roster and having to wait until after midnight Pacific time because "a player has already played today".  That's fine, but I'm trying to make a move for TOMORROW.  On ESPN, once the first game of the calendar day begins, any transaction made will be reflected for the following day.

i agree with you but dont feel like i ever have this problem. I know i championed the change to allow us to make same day roster changes a few years back because Tampa (for example) has so many moving parts in their day to day lineup that it was impossible for me to know prior to game day and we were still using a format where adds and drops were always for NEXT day. 

i suppose i have sometimes run into situations where I go to drop a position player tuesday to add someone for wednesday and i get an error saying they already played and are locked but mostly I avoid that by using relief pitchers as my rotating players because even if their team has played, they have not and are still allowed to be dropped.