Sign in to follow this  
fricker66

Laissez le bon temps rouler!

Also, what happened to 2001 through 2005 on this board?  I'm sure it's been discussed in another thread, but my 20,000 "content" got knocked down to 2,000.  Disrepectin' us silverbacks.😡

4 minutes ago, RaiderHater's Revenge said:

I thought this was something about lesbians

It is.  Mardi Gras does not discriminate.

1 hour ago, fricker66 said:

Also, what happened to 2001 through 2005 on this board?  I'm sure it's been discussed in another thread, but my 20,000 "content" got knocked down to 2,000.  Disrepectin' us silverbacks.😡

Getting to 10,000 post used to be a BFD here. 🙁

14 minutes ago, BiPolarBear said:

Getting to 10,000 post used to be a BFD here. 🙁

Ah, the good old days -- wiped out like memories of Mardi Gras days gone by.

Yeah, I lost a bunch of posts as well in the conversion.  

What's up fricker?!  Are you at Mardi Gras or just checking in?  :cheers:

12 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Yeah, I lost a bunch of posts as well in the conversion.  

What's up fricker?!  Are you at Mardi Gras or just checking in?  :cheers:

Just checking in and spreading joy and happiness.

Given the latest freak out - plastic.

They're saying this may be the last year for beads.

I'm sure me2 is messing with the booby flash as well.

Just a matter of time until were passing out recycled non bleached paper in exchange for women to do math problems on.

Who are you?  :dunno:

4 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

Who are you?  :dunno:

He's a lawyer and amateur chef from NJ, also a Notre Dame grad as you can see from his avatar.  He likes to use French words like charcuterie.  He is part of a group of posters who had somewhat of an exodus from here and formed another bored called The Sanctuary.  Occasionally they pop back in.  I used to be a member there but they perma banned me after I hadn't posted in like over a year.  There are degrees of assholishness with them; Fricker is on the low/no end, he's a good guy.  :cheers:

• Thanks 1

On 3/6/2019 at 10:24 AM, jerryskids said:

He's a lawyer and amateur chef from NJ, also a Notre Dame grad as you can see from his avatar.  He likes to use French words like charcuterie.  He is part of a group of posters who had somewhat of an exodus from here and formed another bored called The Sanctuary.  Occasionally they pop back in.  I used to be a member there but they perma banned me after I hadn't posted in like over a year.  There are degrees of assholishness with them; Fricker is on the low/no end, he's a good guy.  :cheers:

:wub:

1 hour ago, fricker66 said:

:wub:

You should chat food with Bier Meister. He's a former pro chef who lives in Sonoma.  My wife and I met him in Napa last October and he hooked the 3 of us up with a semi-private tour of Silver Oak. Good guy. :cheers:

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

You should chat food with Bier Meister. He's a former pro chef who lives in Sonoma.  My wife and I met him in Napa last October and he hooked the 3 of us up with a semi-private tour of Silver Oak. Good guy. :cheers:

He and I have had a few exchanges here on food.  The guy knows his stuff.  Recently, I hosted a dinner where one of my LSU friends was paying off a bet by being my sous chef.  We had dinner for 10, and there were 7 colleges represented at the table, so I did a dish for each college:

Country ham with arugula and soft cheese (UVA)

Deep fried gumbo risotto balls with fresh cajun mayo (LSU)

Hot creamy blue crab on homemade soft pretzel (U of Delaware)

Homemade 4-cheese ravioli with marinara (Providence)

Wild Boar Osso Buco with roasted shallots and choron sauce (U of Michigan)

Wild game cassoulet (Gettysburg)

The Sweet Taste of Victory - Rum-soaked orange supremes, chocolate mousse, sweetened whipped cream and a homemade truffle coated in edible gold leaf (ND)

It was some of the best food I've ever made, and most everything was an original with only a few recipe consultations.  The Michigan dish was ridiculously good -- figured a wild boar was as close as I could get to a wolverine.  And that was my first time making a cassoulet, for which I braised a whole rabbit, confitted 4 duck legs and roasted a venison loin.   The reason for the rum-soaked oranges was that the bet was a payoff from the 2018 Citrus Bowl.  Great fun.