Sign in to follow this  
fandandy

Anybody watching Jeopardy?

I have said all along it would take a near perfect game and a near perfect confluence of events to beat James, and the cute little guy pulled it off tonight.

We all saw what it was going to tkae to beat him. Most important IMO was a 3rd place contestant who did extremely well and stole a lot of money. 

Jeopardy! to Take 'Appropriate' Action Against Source of Holzhauer Video Leak

https://tvline.com/2019/06/04/jeopardy-leaked-video-legal-action-james-holzhauer-winning-streak-ends/

The source of the leaked Jeopardy! footage that appeared to (and in fact did) spoil the end of James Holzhauer’s winning streak should prepare to face the music — and it won’t be the game show’s pleasant theme song.

On the Monday, June 3 installment of the long-running quizzer, Holzhauer’s 32-day winning streak came to an end when he got bested by Emma Boettcher, a University of Chicago librarian who came out on top by a margin of nearly $22,000.

Holzhauer — a 34-year-old professional sports gambler from Las Vegas — wound up amassing total winnings of $2,462,216, just $60,000 shy of the record set by Ken Jennings across his 74-game run in 2004.

The outcome of the milestone episode was leaked ahead of time via video of the Final Jeopardy! segment posted to Twitter and ultimately reported on by scores of media outlets, including the New York Times and CNN (and yes, TVLine).

Jeopardy! executive producer Harry Friedman told the Washington Post that while he “can’t say at this point” who leaked the footage, “[w]e think we know where and who and how” it got out. And if that responsible party is in fact tracked down, the show will take “very, very, very appropriate” action.

Given that studio audience members are only asked, and not legally bound, to not disclose what happens during a taping, Friedman said, “We were pleased and surprised that nothing leaked out before this past weekend. I think that speaks for the respect that people in studio audience have for the show.”

That said, the idea that someone would eventually leak the footage that they did puzzles him. “I’m not sure what’s gained by doing something like that, other than some malicious intent,” he said. “It doesn’t really benefit anybody.”

1 hour ago, posty said:

Jeopardy! to Take 'Appropriate' Action Against Source of Holzhauer Video Leak

https://tvline.com/2019/06/04/jeopardy-leaked-video-legal-action-james-holzhauer-winning-streak-ends/

The source of the leaked Jeopardy! footage that appeared to (and in fact did) spoil the end of James Holzhauer’s winning streak should prepare to face the music — and it won’t be the game show’s pleasant theme song.

On the Monday, June 3 installment of the long-running quizzer, Holzhauer’s 32-day winning streak came to an end when he got bested by Emma Boettcher, a University of Chicago librarian who came out on top by a margin of nearly $22,000.

Holzhauer — a 34-year-old professional sports gambler from Las Vegas — wound up amassing total winnings of $2,462,216, just $60,000 shy of the record set by Ken Jennings across his 74-game run in 2004.

The outcome of the milestone episode was leaked ahead of time via video of the Final Jeopardy! segment posted to Twitter and ultimately reported on by scores of media outlets, including the New York Times and CNN (and yes, TVLine).

Jeopardy! executive producer Harry Friedman told the Washington Post that while he “can’t say at this point” who leaked the footage, “[w]e think we know where and who and how” it got out. And if that responsible party is in fact tracked down, the show will take “very, very, very appropriate” action.

Given that studio audience members are only asked, and not legally bound, to not disclose what happens during a taping, Friedman said, “We were pleased and surprised that nothing leaked out before this past weekend. I think that speaks for the respect that people in studio audience have for the show.”

That said, the idea that someone would eventually leak the footage that they did puzzles him. “I’m not sure what’s gained by doing something like that, other than some malicious intent,” he said. “It doesn’t really benefit anybody.”

Wouldn't that be double jeopardy?  🤔

35 minutes ago, Mookz said:

Wouldn't that be double jeopardy?  🤔

FInal Jeopardy?

Holzhauer > Jennings
2007 Patriots > 1972 Dolphins, 1989 49ers, etc
Romo > Flacco, Aikman, etc  

New guy Jason Zuffranieri making quite the run on Jeopardy. Not pulling the kind of coin that Holzhauer did but 17 straight wins, pretty damn impressive.

Tournament of Champions starts today...

The 15 contestants:

1) James Holzhauer
2) Eric R. Backes
3) Josh Hill
4) Emma Boettcher
5) Lindsey Shultz
6) Dhruv Gaur
7) Francois Barcomb
8 ) Steven Grade
9) Alan Dunn
10) Kyle Jones
11) Rob Worman
12) Ryan Fenster
13) Gilbert Collins
14) Anneke Garcia
15) Rachel Lindgren

It TJF is correct, James tees it up on Wednesday...

On 11/4/2019 at 3:15 PM, posty said:

Tournament of Champions starts today...

The 15 contestants:

1) James Holzhauer
2) Eric R. Backes
3) Josh Hill
4) Emma Boettcher
5) Lindsey Shultz
6) Dhruv Gaur
7) Francois Barcomb
8 ) Steven Grade
9) Alan Dunn
10) Kyle Jones
11) Rob Worman
12) Ryan Fenster
13) Gilbert Collins
14) Anneke Garcia
15) Rachel Lindgren

It TJF is correct, James tees it up on Wednesday...

We stopped by my parents last night to pick up my dog and eat dinner. Watched jeopardy last night and could NOT stop laughing at Rob Worman. Dude could NOT get any answers right 🤣

56 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

We stopped by my parents last night to pick up my dog and eat dinner. Watched jeopardy last night and could NOT stop laughing at Rob Worman. Dude could NOT get any answers right 🤣

What's his ACT score? 

I didnt think he got choked up, to me it looked like he was annoyed...I know Alex doesn't like when contestants put silly slogans on the final screens

2 hours ago, supermike80 said:

I didnt think he got choked up, to me it looked like he was annoyed...I know Alex doesn't like when contestants put silly slogans on the final screens

He was absolutely choked up and touched by the comment.  Did you watch afterwards when he shook his hand?

They disallowed that stuff during James' run, I guess they okayed it now...

Personally, they should keep that crap off of there...

2 hours ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

He was absolutely choked up and touched by the comment.  Did you watch afterwards when he shook his hand?

Must have missed it.  

On 11/13/2019 at 2:43 PM, posty said:

Should be an intense final over Thursday and Friday...

James probably may have played differently had it not been Tourney Jeopardy, but in 3 games against Emma, she outscored him in two.   

21 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

James probably may have played differently had it not been Tourney Jeopardy, but in 3 games against Emma, she outscored him in two.   

Emma is not even remotely hot.  I wouldn't even call her cute.  But there's something about her expressions and the way she talks that makes me wanna bang her.  

34 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Emma is not even remotely hot.  I wouldn't even call her cute.  But there's something about her expressions and the way she talks that makes me wanna bang her.  

Like having her recite some poetry while you stick a finger up her bum?  :o

1 minute ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Like having her recite some poetry while you stick a finger up her bum?  :o

Sure. Why not?

On 11/18/2019 at 1:30 PM, kutulu said:

The tournament is scheduled to tape in early December; this is the first time Jeopardy! has aired in primetime since Super Jeopardy! aired in 1990.

The now-confirmed schedule is as follows:
Match 1: Tuesday, January 7 (8-9 PM Eastern)
Match 2: Wednesday, January 8 (8-9 PM Eastern)
Match 3: Thursday, January 9 (8-9 PM Eastern)
Match 4: Friday, January 10 (8-9 PM Eastern) (if necessary)
Match 5: Tuesday, January 14 (8-9 PM Eastern) (if necessary)
Match 6: Wednesday, January 15 (8-9 PM Eastern) (if necessary)
Match 7: Thursday, January 16 (8-9 PM Eastern) (if necessary)

Looking forward to this.  Set up a timer to record it.  Found something odd when doing so.  Jeopardy, the normal series, airs on FOX in Denver but this special event is airing on ABC.   Curious. 

Not sure how much I’ll watch. James will mop the floor with the other 2 nerds and the questions will be hard AF

2 hours ago, dain11279 said:

Not sure how much I’ll watch. James will mop the floor with the other 2 nerds and the questions will be hard AF

I read that the questions for season 35 were easier than when Ken played...

13 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

1st game lived up to the hype

It sure did...

11 hours ago, Strike said:

Yeah, that was awesome.  Rooting for Ken.

I didn't watch much when Ken was on his streak and I have no idea who Brad is.  Watched every night with James.  But after watching last night, you can see how good Ken is.  

Gonna be a good match up. I think Brad is over matched here.

And I think Alex announces his retirement after the winner is declared.

6 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

I didn't watch much when Ken was on his streak and I have no idea who Brad is.  Watched every night with James.  But after watching last night, you can see how good Ken is.  

Gonna be a good match up. I think Brad is over matched here.

Rutter has never lost to a human on Jeopardy at this point in time...  He is a stud as well...

23 minutes ago, posty said:

Rutter has never lost to a human on Jeopardy at this point in time...  He is a stud as well...

TELL me about it.  :wub:

That was awesome - great tv.

* Brad choked like Jason Garrett in a big game - he's clearly out classed here.

* James creeps me out. What's up with all the squinting? Looks like he's trying to hold a piss in.

* Ken is smooth - he's the Capt. Sully of the bunch.

* In the end, does all this just really boil down to who can push the buzzer the fastest - between James and Ken?

Holy crap. Noone even sticks to a category or starts at the top. They all seem to just start at the bottom and go across the board. 

10 minutes ago, sderk said:

Holy crap. Noone even sticks to a category or starts at the top. They all seem to just start at the bottom and go across the board. 

I think James started this trend during his run...