Sign in to follow this  
fandandy

Anybody watching Jeopardy?

Ken has really impressed the hell out of me. That being said, I still think he only wins if James doesn’t land any of the daily doubles 

9 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Ken kicking ass so far tonight 

Thank God...  Hopefully he keeps it up and takes the 2-1 lead...

Ken wins game three and takes the 2-1 lead...

Hot damn...  He has come to play this week...

Ken comes off as passive and happy-go-lucky......... Deep down I bet he's thinking, "Fock Jeopardy James and his squinting eye shiit.".

Why was/is James considered the man to beat anyway? Ken bests him in 3 of the 4 all time records already. :dunno:

1 minute ago, Cruzer said:

Ken comes off as passive and happy-go-lucky......... Deep down I bet he's thinking, "Fock Jeopardy James and his squinting eye shiit.".

Why was/is James considered the man to beat anyway? Ken bests him in 3 of the 4 all time records already. :dunno:

James won his matches with bigger paydays.  

Watched the regular version last night, did ok, got final jeopardy. Then I watched the prime time one and felt shame. 

1 minute ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

James won his matches with bigger paydays.  

But I still don't get it.

Ken has 42 more consecutive games won - that alone is a staggering feat. Not to mention Ken has more all time earnings.

1 minute ago, Cruzer said:

Ken has 42 more consecutive games won - that alone is a staggering feat. Not to mention Ken has more all time earnings.

After his 32 wins, James was only $60k shy of Ken's total winnings (74 games). 

Average winnings:

James = $77k per game

Ken = $34k per game

To put it in perspective, Ken's highest daily total was $75k.  James averaged more than that.  James has the 10 highest totals by day.

9 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

I think since it was 15 years ago, they were assuming that was his prime and that his skills had diminished.  🤔

3 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

After his 32 wins, James was only $60k shy of Ken's total winnings (74 games). 

Average winnings:

James = $77k per game

Ken = $34k per game

To put it in perspective, Ken's highest daily total was $75k.  James averaged more than that.  James has the 10 highest totals by day.

Still - which do you consider more impressive?

* 6 straight golf tournaments won, none by more than 2 strokes.

* 3 straight tournament wins, all by record setting strokes?

13 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Still - which do you consider more impressive?

* 6 straight golf tournaments won, none by more than 2 strokes.

* 3 straight tournament wins, all by record setting strokes?

You asked why James was the man to beat.  I gave you the reason.  I didn't say which was more impressive.  Just passing on the info.  :dunno: 

19 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

You asked why James was the man to beat.  I gave you the reason.  I didn't say which was more impressive.  Just passing on the info.  :dunno: 

Appreciate it.......... but the reason you gave doesn't add up - I still saw Ken as the one to beat going in.

But great theater all the same - I'm enjoying it for sure.

The best thing that is happening to Ken is that Brad is finding the daily doubles...

Hopefully Ken closes it out tonight...  If he can't win, hopefully Brad can get on the board...

38 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Appreciate it.......... but the reason you gave doesn't add up - I still saw Ken as the one to beat going in.

But great theater all the same - I'm enjoying it for sure.

I had no idea who would win.  All 3 are really good.  Bovada had the original odds at:  Holzhauer as the fave at +110, Jennings at +115 and Rutter at +280

James is a professional gambler, right?  He probably understands optimal bet sizing better than Ken does.

10 hours ago, nobody said:

James is a professional gambler, right?  He probably understands optimal bet sizing better than Ken does.

He's betting it all every time.  That's not the way you bet.  Yes he is a pro gambler but that just seems to make him super aggressive.  He's not doing any math on bet sizing.

On 1/10/2020 at 2:23 PM, posty said:

The best thing that is happening to Ken is that Brad is finding the daily doubles...

Hopefully Ken closes it out tonight...  If he can't win, hopefully Brad can get on the board...

Why don’t you like James?

On 1/11/2020 at 9:30 AM, Strike said:

He's betting it all every time.  That's not the way you bet.  Yes he is a pro gambler but that just seems to make him super aggressive.  He's not doing any math on bet sizing.

Being hyper aggressive on daily doubles is probably the optimal strategy given that they know most of the answers and getting them right probably makes you the favorite to win.

Someone made a comment that it's possible Brad wins one cause they were pretty hard on him.  These were taped in advance.

8 minutes ago, posty said:

James with the zinger on Brad before game two...

😀

That was pretty good, for a nerd :lol:

That was awesome.  I was rooting for Ken so glad he won, but definitely was worried about James given how much James used to win per game compared to Ken.  It was interesting seeing Ken adjust his strategy to keep up with James.

How many times Ken and James (mostly Ken who had more DDs) went all in and pulled the answer out of their asss at the last second. 
Man I didn’t think James was going to get that Africa question in $22k Daily Double !!!! 

I heard on the radio today that the Jeopardy ratings were higher than the debate? ABC has to regret not doing more of this stuff. 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I heard on the radio today that the Jeopardy ratings were higher than the debate? ABC has to regret not doing more of this stuff. 

I heard it was higher than all of the other sports except football.  They have to do more of it, although you have to expect that Trebeck will be done soon.  

Just now, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

I heard it was higher than all of the other sports except football.  They have to do more of it, although you have to expect that Trebeck will be done soon.  

Yeah. Probably have celebrity hosts and all that. Won’t be the same. 

4 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

This was something that people had been wanting since James started his run in the middle of 2019...  I doubt that they will have another prime-time event again, unless it is deals with Trebek's retirement and he announces it well in advance to do something special...

8 minutes ago, posty said:

This was something that people had been wanting since James started his run in the middle of 2019...  I doubt that they will have another prime-time event again, unless it is deals with Trebek's retirement and he announces it well in advance to do something special...

He has to do one more prime time with Sean Connery, Norm MacDonald and someone else.  Suck it, Trebeck!

15 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yeah. Probably have celebrity hosts and all that. Won’t be the same. 

Ken Jennings is the next host of Jeopardy.

1 minute ago, Strike said:

That could work. 

4 minutes ago, Strike said:

I said that to my wife the other day.  She doesn't think he has the personality.  I disagree with her.  

8 minutes ago, Strike said:

I was thinking that too...But I dunno if he'd do it.  Guy seems pretty happy writing books and living off the Jeopardy windfall