Sign in to follow this  
fandandy

Anybody watching Jeopardy?

12 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

I was thinking that too...But I dunno if he'd do it.  Guy seems pretty happy writing books and living off the Jeopardy windfall

He's made like 5 million on Jeopardy.  When ABC offers that much PER YEAR I think he'll take it.  It's not like you work that much anyways.  Show up for a couple weeks, tape 4 shows a day, then go home and come back in a month.

12 minutes ago, Strike said:

He's made like 5 million on Jeopardy.  When ABC offers that much PER YEAR I think he'll take it.  It's not like you work that much anyways.  Show up for a couple weeks, tape 4 shows a day, then go home and come back in a month.

Plus he would actually know all of the answers instead of pretending to know them like Trebek. 

I guess I don’t watch much network tv anymore. I have not heard of this tournament at all other than from this thread. Other than Jennings, I don’t know the contestants. 

Just now, frank said:

Plus he would actually know all of the answers instead of pretending to know them like Trebek. 

I guess I don’t watch much network tv anymore. I have not heard of this tournament at all other than from this thread. Other than Jennings, I don’t know the contestants. 

I had never heard of Brad Rutter before.  I don't have time to watch Jeopardy much any more but used to back when Ken was originally on.  That's why I was rooting for him to win this.  I had heard of James just because he was in the news almost every day during his Jeopardy run breaking some record.  Plus he's a professional gambler and I've played a bit of poker so I could relate.  Was worried his style would make it hard for Ken to keep up.  As I noted above it was interesting seeing Ken adjust his game.  I was disappointed in Brad's poor showing in this tournament.

2 hours ago, Strike said:

Yeah.  That's a good point

6 hours ago, frank said:

OMG. Alex fan here but this statement is SPOT on. 

9 minutes ago, posty said:

Holy hell...  One of tonight's contestants is something to behold...

T.J. Tallie, assistant professor of African history from San Diego...

https://thejeopardyfan.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/wk12_1130_1204_tallie_home-180x300.png

Check out Elise Nussbaum from the other night. Looked to have a tight body & way more librarian hot than the pic.

https://thejeopardyfan.com/2019/11/final-jeopardy-11-20-2019.html

• Thanks 1

The wife and I used to watch Jeopardy religiously until 10 or so years ago, then just kinda phased it out, I guess. I plan on watching this week, though. :(

This is it for me. Not watching Jennings, never liked him. They are gonna fock this up, going for names.  

Alex's last episode is today...  Was supposed to be shown on Christmas Day, but they moved this week to after the holidays...

In thought the Brayden guy was going to go on a long run. He played terribly his last game. 

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

In thought the Brayden guy was going to go on a long run. He played terribly his last game. 

Classic hit the buzzer expecting the answer to come and then not having an answer......over and over again.

9 hours ago, supermike80 said:

The quick montage at the end was nice.  RIP Alex

Agreed...  Going to be weird to hear Johnny Gilbert announce Ken Jennings on Monday's show...

I would expect them to change the beginning as well...

For those that are interested/intrigued, Ken's first appearance as host is today...

Surprised Michele Obama wasn’t brought up as a replacement. They throw her name around for everything else. 

9 hours ago, dain11279 said:

Jennings did a really good job tonight, very smooth transition 

I thought so too.  He really did well.

Pretty cool episode happening today IMO...

Last season' final champion (four-day champion, $85,669 in winnings) is back to defend his title...  He will be battling the current champion (seven-day , $163,904 in winnings)...  The third competitor has their work cut out for them...

How are the ratings? I stopped watching when Katie Couric was announced as a host. Fock her. 

Katie Couric will make me quit watching completely.. That said Ken is just to boring period! Adam Carolla would be cool. Even Joe Rogan. Heck somebody with a personality!

2 hours ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Katie Couric will make me quit watching completely.. That said Ken is just to boring period! Adam Carolla would be cool. Even Joe Rogan. Heck somebody with a personality!

As much as I loved Alex he was “boring” too I suppose. Alex threw in a little comedic quip every now and again but was mostly just professional and stuck to the game. Which is exactly what Jeopardy should be. Jennings is basically doing the same thing. I don’t need a retarded comedian or personality up there trying to be funny.

2 hours ago, posty said:

Last season' final champion (four-day champion, $85,669 in winnings) is back to defend his title...  He will be battling the current champion (seven-day , $163,904 in winnings)...  The third competitor has their work cut out for them...

That is too bad, the current champ is pretty good and at 4 wins they are almost set to qualify for the tourny of champs at end of year.

29 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

That is too bad, the current champ is pretty good and at 4 wins they are almost set to qualify for the tourny of champs at end of year.

Yep, that was what I was thinking...  Really does suck for one of them...

33 minutes ago, dain11279 said:

As much as I loved Alex he was “boring” too I suppose. Alex threw in a little comedic quip every now and again but was mostly just professional and stuck to the game. Which is exactly what Jeopardy should be. Jennings is basically doing the same thing. I don’t need a retarded comedian or personality up there trying to be funny.

What is weird they have Ken sitting way back at a desk or something. He is not out front standing like Alex was.

Just now, BeenHereBefore said:

What is weird they have Ken sitting way back at a desk or something. He is not out front standing like Alex was.

Trebek was standing behind a podium except when he went to talk to the contestants after the first break...

Just now, posty said:

Trebek was standing behind a podium except when he went to talk to the contestants after the first break...

They have also moved things around and spread people out due to COVID.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, posty said:

Still weird!

4 hours ago, posty said:

From the results, looks like a damn good episode...

2 hours ago, BeenHereBefore said:

I been watching The Chase lately with Ken and the other two. Not bad and think it's on tonight.

ABC at 9pm ET...

• Like 1