Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
fandandy

Anybody watching Jeopardy?

Recommended Posts

On 4/19/2019 at 8:51 PM, Mike Honcho said:

Today's 'off' day left him with the 5th highest one day total.  He now has the top  5 highest single game totals.   

OMG!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dain11279 said:

This dude is a focking machine

Really? He’s also good at Jeopardy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, posty said:

April 22 results...

 

  Reveal hidden contents

 

Rob $2,000 + $727 = $2,727
Rebecca $4,600 – $599 = $4,601
James $52,126 + $38,686 = $90,812 (13-day total: $942,738) 

 

 

How do you do spoiler tags?   I wanted to post something in the GOT Dead thread that was taken from the books, but couldn't figure out how to hide it.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mike Honcho said:

How do you do spoiler tags?   I wanted to post something in the GOT Dead thread that was taken from the books, but couldn't figure out how to hide it.   

(spoiler) (/spoiler)

Change the parenthesis to square brackets...

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, frank said:

Really? He’s also good at Jeopardy. 

 

10 hours ago, Cloaca du jour said:

So he is like a sybian?

Harharhar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, posty said:

(spoiler) (/spoiler)

Change the parenthesis to square brackets...

Well thanks a lot!  I wanted to figure that out for myself.  :mad:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

April 23 results...

Kevin $7,800 + $7,793 = $15,593
Claudia $8,400 + $7,201 = $15,601
James $68,816 + $50,000 = $118,816 (14-day total: $1,061,554)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

GOAT?  

I would put Rutter and Jennings before him at the moment...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

April 24 results...

Silvija $2,400 + 0 = $2,400
Wayne $12,400 + $7,599 = $19,999
James $49,621 + $24,000 = $73,621 (15-day total: $1,135,175)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

April 25 results...

Tim $2,600 – $2,600 = $0
Alix $9,600 – $4,000 = $5,600
James $55,695 + $35,117 = $90,812 (16-day total: $1,225,987)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, posty said:

April 25 results...

 

  Reveal hidden contents

 

Tim $2,600 – $2,600 = $0
Alix $9,600 – $4,000 = $5,600
James $55,695 + $35,117 = $90,812 (16-day total: $1,225,987)

 

 

I just check this every day now, don't even bother watching anymore

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dain11279 said:

I just check this every day now, don't even bother watching anymore

Makes it much easier IMO...

The "must see TV" will be when he loses...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

April 26 results...

Tyler $1,600 – $1,600 = $0
Robin $4,600 – $1,300 = $3,300
James $29,600 + $20,000 = $49,600 (17-day total: $1,275,587)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, posty said:

April 26 results...

 

  Hide contents

 

Tyler $1,600 – $1,600 = $0
Robin $4,600 – $1,300 = $3,300
James $29,600 + $20,000 = $49,600 (17-day total: $1,275,587)

 

 

Did he show up drunk? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you catch when he said he prepped for the show in the children's section of the library.  He said the books are short and concise with lots of pics.  Said everyone should do it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Did you catch when he said he prepped for the show in the children's section of the library.  He said the books are short and concise with lots of pics.  Said everyone should do it.  

Could you imagine the big uprising if our President said that?  A lot of people would still say that he still wouldn't understand it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, posty said:

Could you imagine the big uprising if our President said that?  A lot of people would still say that he still wouldn't understand it...

lol

I wish our president was that smart

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, posty said:

Could you imagine the big uprising if our President said that?  A lot of people would still say that he still wouldn't understand it...

That our president READ a book to gain knowledge, I really can't imagine that.  ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting article about james from that blind usa today sportswriter who was a champ on Joepardy.  The one with the caved in head

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vuduchile said:

Did you catch when he said he prepped for the show in the children's section of the library.  He said the books are short and concise with lots of pics.  Said everyone should do it.  

My grandfather's first job was for the New York times way back in the depression era (and he was a card carrying member of the communist party). Anyway I remember my mom saying, he said, whenever he had to do a story about something he didn't know about he would educate himself via the kid's section of the library... When James said that it totally reminded me of that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, kutulu said:

My grandfather's first job was for the New York times way back in the depression era (and he was a card carrying member of the communist party). Anyway I remember my mom saying, he said, whenever he had to do a story about something he didn't know about he would educate himself via the kid's section of the library... When James said that it totally reminded me of that.

Very cool. 

My dad used to work for the Wall St Journal covering Capitol Hill. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shout-Outs No Longer Allowed In Final Jeopardy!

James Holzhauer, on his Facebook page, has announced that shoutouts will no longer be allowed in Final Jeopardy, effective April 29.

Holzhauer said, “Tragic news! The end of a Jeopardy era is upon us on Monday…as the show’s producers have informed me that they’re no longer allowing personal messages in Final Jeopardy. No more shout outs!”

It is yet to be seen what the producers will do if a contestant attempts to defy them and give a shoutout anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, posty said:

Shout-Outs No Longer Allowed In Final Jeopardy!

James Holzhauer, on his Facebook page, has announced that shoutouts will no longer be allowed in Final Jeopardy, effective April 29.

Holzhauer said, “Tragic news! The end of a Jeopardy era is upon us on Monday…as the show’s producers have informed me that they’re no longer allowing personal messages in Final Jeopardy. No more shout outs!”

It is yet to be seen what the producers will do if a contestant attempts to defy them and give a shoutout anyway.

I was going to give a shout out to Turd Ferguson.  :dunno:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

April 29 result...

Jasmine $7,800 – $0 = $7,800
Adam $27,000 + $26,999 = $53,999
James $33,517 + $20,500 = $54,017 (18-day total: $1,329,604)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/26/2019 at 11:40 AM, vuduchile said:

Did you catch when he said he prepped for the show in the children's section of the library.  He said the books are short and concise with lots of pics.  Said everyone should do it.  

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally a close game last night, wonder if this guy is getting bored with this yet? Winning 10s of thousands every night would never get stale one would think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, dain11279 said:

Finally a close game last night, wonder if this guy is getting bored with this yet? Winning 10s of thousands every night would never get stale one would think.

That is why I think Jennings did so well, he only cared about the winning streak, he wasn't that big on the money amounts...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

$53,999 and you come in second.  :wall:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, posty said:

April 29 result...

 

  Hide contents

 

Jasmine $7,800 – $0 = $7,800
Adam $27,000 + $26,999 = $53,999
James $33,517 + $20,500 = $54,017 (18-day total: $1,329,604)

 

 

First close game I've seen him in.  I was rooting for the other guy.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NorthernVike said:

$53,999 and you come in second.  :wall:

I read on another board that it was the highest 2nd place total in show history.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

April 30 result...

Jason $6,401 – $1,001 = $5,399
Libby $7,400 – $5,401 = $1,999
James $56,726 + $40,000 = $96,726 (19-day total: $1,426,330)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

I read on another board that it was the highest 2nd place total in show history.   

And he takes home $2,000  :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NorthernVike said:

And he takes home $2,000  :lol:

My SIL, who has watched jeopardy for years didn't know that.  "Well at least he got 53K.."  Um no honey.....he gets a whopping 2K

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×