Sign in to follow this  
listen2me 23

The Free Agency Thread

2 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player/714/breshad-perriman

The Cleveland Plain Dealer's Mary Kay Cabot reports Breshad Perriman wants out of his one-year, $4 million contract with the Browns. The Browns traded for Odell Beckham on Tuesday night, locking OBJ, Antonio Callaway, Jarvis Landry, and Rashard Higgins into the team's top-four receiver spots. Perriman sees the writing on the wall that he's not going to get much playing time. We'd guess the Browns will be fine letting Perriman out of the agreement.

Now he wants out of the deal. I would like to see Beckham and Perriman on the edges, but that doesn't seem like it will happen

Assuming Callaway stays out of trouble....you like Perriman over him?  Why???

Callaway is a stud if he can keep his head screwed on.  Perriman has hands of stone.  Not a natural at all.

8 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

Assuming Callaway stays out of trouble....you like Perriman over him?  Why???

Callaway is a stud if he can keep his head screwed on.  Perriman has hands of stone.  Not a natural at all.

Callaway has worse hands than Perriman. He isn't a stud imo, just a speed threat. Perriman may not be better, but I wanted to see what he could as a starter with a full year

5 minutes ago, Mike FF Today said:

Mark Ingram heading to the Ravens on a 3-year deal. Ravens led the league in rushing attempts last season.

Does that include Lamar Jacksons rushes? Cause that will skew that number real fast. 

Tyrell Williams heading to the Raiders. Not the best spot for his value with Carr at QB and Antonio Brown on the other side. He'll likely to be too inconsistent to count on. I'll be fading at his ADP.

23 minutes ago, Mike FF Today said:

Tyrell Williams heading to the Raiders. Not the best spot for his value with Carr at QB and Antonio Brown on the other side. He'll likely to be too inconsistent to count on. I'll be fading at his ADP.

I honestly don't remember Gruden enough to give any insight to his offense.  I wasn't an avid football fan back then.  Can he support 2 WR's with AB getting I assume primary coverage?  Some of you older guys need to chime in on what/if any tendency's you expect from a Gruden offense.

1 hour ago, Brutal Brutus said:

Does that include Lamar Jacksons rushes? Cause that will skew that number real fast. 

It does, but I expect it will be even more predominant this year.  They are utilizing RBs at a high clip as well.  I think that offense is going to look like the modern wishbone.  I don't think Lamar is an NFL passer.

Adrian Peterson returns to the Redskins on a two-year deal. Derrius Guice is recovering from ACL surgery and doesn't have a specific timeline for return. Peterson will be a veteran fallback plan if Guice isn't ready to start the season.

49ers now have a stockpile of running backs with the addition of Tevin Coleman. Coleman, McKinnon, Breida, Mostert. Going to be a fantasy nightmare if those top three are on the roster Week 1.

@AdamSchefter
After trade for Odell Beckham Jr., Browns’ GM John Dorsey and agent Drew Rosenhaus mutually agreed to not to follow through on verbal agreement with WR Breshad Perriman, per @mortreport and me. Perriman now will sign a one-year, $4 million deal with Tampa Bay, per source.
7:44 PM - 12 Mar 2019

19 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Callaway has worse hands than Perriman. He isn't a stud imo, just a speed threat. Perriman may not be better, but I wanted to see what he could as a starter with a full year

Stud may have been a little overstated.  But yeah I think he has number 1 wr potential for sure if he keeps clean.  

Maybe Perriman is a late bloomer and can stay healthy.  

Golden Tate to the Giants. It's a body. Would have preferred Crabtree. 

17 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Golden Tate to the Giants. It's a body. Would have preferred Crabtree. 

It's hard to get excited about Tate in this new look Giants offense. Volume might be there, but he's shaping up as an uninspiring WR3.

a 23 million dollar guaranteed body. Not to worry Gettelman has a plan. I'm just worried that plan might be trading for Rosen.

32 minutes ago, Mike FF Today said:

It's hard to get excited about Tate in this new look Giants offense. Volume might be there, but he's shaping up as an uninspiring WR3.

Yeah, this doesn't get anyone excited. Don't hate it, don't love it. 

32 minutes ago, jrokh said:

a 23 million dollar guaranteed body. Not to worry Gettelman has a plan. I'm just worried that plan might be trading for Rosen.

Count me out on the Rosen speculation. 

Tate to the Giants is a perfect match. A WR who doesn't run routes longer than five yards, for a QB who can't throw it more than five yards.

Dont really like the Giants "rebuild" if you call it that.  Still wheeling eli around.  Just signed a 31 year old wr.  Teams do rebuilds quick these days.  Giants are taking a while and they still dont even have a QB.  They basically have 1 single QB to pick from this year unless they go for Rosen.  Basically toing to run the tread off of Barkley while they are waffling around.  Azz backwards.

30 minutes ago, Brutal Brutus said:

Tate to the Giants is a perfect match. A WR who doesn't run routes longer than five yards, for a QB who can't throw it more than five yards.

That's not true. Eli still throws a great deep ball like always. Just needs some time. 

Giants just signed Markus Golden from the cards as an edge rusher. Last time he was with the Giants DC in zona 2016 he put up 12.5 sacks. He's been hurt and had a lousy 2018 , which is why the Giants could get him on the cheap. Something to watch in OTA's.

23 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Giants just signed Markus Golden from the cards as an edge rusher. Last time he was with the Giants DC in zona 2016 he put up 12.5 sacks. He's been hurt and had a lousy 2018 , which is why the Giants could get him on the cheap. Something to watch in OTA's.

1 year deal.  What are they doing here?  Trying to do enough for one year to look respectable but get a worse pick next year?  Not understanding this rebuild. 

37 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Nice pick up. Gettleman has said that he doesn't like to draft for need. These signings play into that. Just need a RT and they should have the starting line up covered, go after best available in draft. 

Dolphins ship QB Ryan Tannehill to the Titans. Dolphins are receiving a 4th round pick in 2020 and a 2019 7th round pick, while the Titans are getting a 6th in 2019 and Ryan Tannehill.

On 3/13/2019 at 1:42 PM, Flgatorguy87 said:

I honestly don't remember Gruden enough to give any insight to his offense.  I wasn't an avid football fan back then.  Can he support 2 WR's with AB getting I assume primary coverage?  Some of you older guys need to chime in on what/if any tendency's you expect from a Gruden offense.

Both Tim Brown and Jerry Rice feasted in Gruden's offense, as well as Spidy Rison too. The problem is Carr, and what we get out of him. Dude has major holes in his game, and should've been out working on them the moment the season ended. 

1 hour ago, kilroy69 said:

They are tanking. 

They may be but Fitzmagic hucking bombs to Stills, Parker and Jakeem Grant could be fun to watch.

6 hours ago, Mike FF Today said:

The Dolphins have found themselves a QB. Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Unreal. They couldn't fine a young qb with more promise than Fitz? What a horrible organization. If I was a Dolphin fan I would just ignore them until they hired a competent regime. Ex Patriot coaches suck. Why would it be any different now? 

4 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Unreal. They couldn't fine a young qb with more promise than Fitz? What a horrible organization. If I was a Dolphin fan I would just ignore them until they hired a competent regime. Ex Patriot coaches suck. Why would it be any different now? 

As a Texans fan I agree 100%.

42 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Cobb to Dallas.  1 year 5 mill.

Just wrote this in his news blurb...

With Cole Beasley moving to the Bills this off-season, the Cowboys had a need for a slot receiver. Cobb dealt with hamstring and concussion issues last season limiting him to nine games and a 38-384-2 line. He's not likely to be a fantasy difference maker in the Cowboys run-first offense battling for targets with Amari Cooper, Michael Gallup and TE Jason Witten. Cobb will do well to return WR4 value in 2019.