Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Game of Thrones ***Official Season 8*** April 14, 2019

Thanks. What time does it start?

oOoOO mmmmmmmyyyyyyy fffffffff'en G!

There's no coming back from this, all other shows are ruined.

• Thanks 1

Glad that little girl died. She’s was a little ######. 

2 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

Glad that little girl died. She’s was a little ######. 

She had some stones on her tho

Night King isn't going out that easy. He'll be back.

5 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Night King isn't going out that easy. He'll be back.

How? Put a magic hat on a snowman? The fukker is dead and now it's time to deal with Cersi.

A+ for most of that, and straight up F for the ending. 

3 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

GTFO. You're crazy.

Yup. I stand by that. I would say more, but I don’t won’t to spoil anything.

very good episode.  

that was the same move she used when sparing with brienne

1 hour ago, OldMaid said:

A+ for most of that, and straight up F for the ending. 

Yup. I completely called it too, tv and movies LOVE to use that as the crutch to stop the unstoppable army. Absolutely action packed incredible episode but I saw that coming and knew it was really the only way it could end. Otherwise everyone just dies and the show ends. I’m not mad at it, but still. We knew from prior season that killing a leader stopped all the troops it had reanimated. I like that it was Arya who got it done.

HOLY FOCKING SH1T!!!  That was crazy.

Loved when all the Dothraki flaming swords started getting extinguished in the distance.  I bet a lot of pants were shatted as they watched that go down. 

Undead dragon fire was cool as hell. 

I might need to call my doctor. Not sure when my erection is going to subside. 

One thing I couldn't remember, though, was the background between Arya and Red Woman. Anyone care to jog my memory? 

3 hours ago, Reality said:

oOoOO mmmmmmmyyyyyyy fffffffff'en G!

There's no coming back from this, all other shows are ruined.

This. The long wait between seasons was worth it for such an amazing episode. Glad they didn't rush it. 

3 hours ago, frank said:

The night king is not very smart. 

He was a straight up pimp with that smirk after surviving the dragon fire though! 

This really was among the most intense and action packed episodes of any show ever. It’s up there with any big set piece medieval war movie too. Hour and a half long episode felt like it flew by. The perfect “crap has hit the fan” payoff episode.

39 minutes ago, DonS said:

One thing I couldn't remember, though, was the background between Arya and Red Woman. Anyone care to jog my memory? 

Arya met her when she kidnapped Gendry for Stannis' blood ritual thing.  

2 minutes ago, Mr. Landry said:

Arya met her when she kidnapped Gendry for Stannis' blood ritual thing.  

Thanks. That's what I thought but wasn't sure. 

Downloading has been so fricking slow, which is amazing since the whole planet is probably trying to download it so it should be flying. Anyway, I'm just now getting a good connection, maybe can start watching in an hour or two.

Outstanding fight scenes and visuals..The burning swords racing across the field and slowly going out in the distance..Wow.

Didn't like the Hound becoming a wuss and I thought the Night kings death was a bit anti climactic.  But still a great episode.

Now the north's strength is seriously depleted and Cersei is sitting there with a giant collection of mercenaries---gonna be interesting

9 hours ago, lickin_starfish said:

How? Put a magic hat on a snowman? The fukker is dead and now it's time to deal with Cersi.

There's more to it. There has to be. Where do you think Bran went when he warged into the crows? I think he was trying to find the Night Kings true source of power. 

I was wildly disappointed. Could it have been any more predictable? All you nerds that love all the explosions and sh1t are weird.

I wish they would have fought in the daytime. I had a hard time seeing wtf was going on. 

4 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

I wish they would have fought in the daytime. I had a hard time seeing wtf was going on. 

This.

5 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

I keep hearing this complaint. I watched in the living room with the lights off. Seemed fine to me :dunno:

so, a series predicated on an unpredictable arc of grittty darkness and intrigue has now fully devolved into a glorified fockin' piece of Hollywood Superhero tripe ...

CONGRATS, HBO!!! YOU DUMBED IT ALL DOWN FOR THE MASSES!!!1!1!!  YAY FOR FORMULAIC PABLUM!!1!!!!1!

I liked the episode, but:

If that is the end of the night king, that is really dumb. This was supposed to be the Great War. It lasted a few hours. Two episodes of set up for one of action. I think there have been at least 3 more impressive battles on the show. All the night king had to do was wait a little longer and everyone would have been dead. Dumb movie/tv way to take out that army. 

Did we see the other white walkers do anything? They did a cool group walk, but I don’t remember anything else. 

How did the Dothraki get killed instantly and everyone else is able to put up a good fight? 

I had a hard time seeing what was going on . 

Half the time they were flying around on the dragons, it seemed like they weren’t doing anything. 

1 hour ago, supermike80 said:

Didn't like the Hound becoming a wuss

Isn't it established that he freaks out around fire? His bro burned his face as a kid,, etc...I think he froze when he saw the fire at Blackwater as well, and maybe even last season when they were north of the wall and there was fire, but could be mis-recalling.

35 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

I have a cheap ass 4k TV and the blacks look like . It was all pixelated.

20 minutes ago, frank said:

I liked the episode, but:

If that is the end of the night king, that is really dumb. This was supposed to be the Great War. It lasted a few hours. Two episodes of set up for one of action. I think there have been at least 3 more impressive battles on the show. All the night king had to do was wait a little longer and everyone would have been dead. Dumb movie/tv way to take out that army. 

Did we see the other white walkers do anything? They did a cool group walk, but I don’t remember anything else. 

How did the Dothraki get killed instantly and everyone else is able to put up a good fight? 

I had a hard time seeing what was going on . 

Half the time they were flying around on the dragons, it seemed like they weren’t doing anything. 

"The great war" = one battle

34 minutes ago, dain11279 said:

I keep hearing this complaint. I watched in the living room with the lights off. Seemed fine to me :dunno:

Same here. My neighbor watched the east coast feed so she gave me a heads up regarding darkness.