Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Game of Thrones ***Official Season 8*** April 14, 2019

1 minute ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

That was quite the inferno. I think with every bone in his body shattered, and a raging inferno consuming the flesh, we can call it a day on him.

Hell, Jamie and cersei living is more likely. 

We have already had Arya survive multiple buildings falling on her. While I wanted someone to rape and kill Cersei, if she and Jamie crawl of the rubble all dusty like I will quit right there and not watch the end. 

1 hour ago, bostonlager said:

We have already had Arya survive multiple buildings falling on her. While I wanted someone to rape and kill Cersei, if she and Jamie crawl of the rubble all dusty like I will quit right there and not watch the end. 

Next week is the end

8 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Next week is the end

I will quit as soon as they emerge from the rubble and will never know how it truly ends. 

Lots of issues, but the biggest seems to be that since going off book, it just seems the entire thing is going off a rough outline George R.R. Martin gave the show runners.   A.  Dany and Dragons go North B. They fight Night King and Win.  C....All the intricate details seem to be missing and everything is so rushed.   Threads are being tied up as quickly as possible but not very well.

Mad Queen Dany seems to have developed in the space of conversations---"Dany, you're my Aunt."   "Jon, the people love you and not me, don't tell everyone you are more the rightful ruler than me."   "You(Tyrion), Jon and Vary's betrayed me,  You all suck, I don't even want your city"

Combine that with the oddness of the Jaime redemption character arc the entire series and tossing with one episode to go - being with Briene, then running to Cersai at the end.   

At this point, I say, sit Gendry on the Iron Throne and call it a day.  

13 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Next week is the end

It's the end of my HBO subscription too.    I flipped the television over the weekend, it had been on HBO the night before and what is playing---Weekend at Bernies!!!  I guess all the HBO money they get goes to GOT's, cause it sure isn't going to getting movies worth watching.

Hopefully, I'll be able to cancel the subscription, got a feeling the switchboard at every supplier of HBO is going to be pretty busy on Monday.

9 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

I will quit as soon as they emerge from the rubble and will never know how it truly ends. 

I saw Jaime's golden hand pop up through the rubble in one of the teaser's for next week.

5 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

I saw Jaime's golden hand pop up through the rubble in one of the teaser's for next week.

I hope it’s at the end of the episode with the words “the end?”

This season has been an epic failure since episode 2.

Embarrassing how chaulky they made it. FOCK YOU AGAIN HBO! :mad:

a 6 year old could have written a better cleganebowl

52 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

It's the end of my HBO subscription too.    I flipped the television over the weekend, it had been on HBO the night before and what is playing---Weekend at Bernies!!!  I guess all the HBO money they get goes to GOT's, cause it sure isn't going to getting movies worth watching.

Hopefully, I'll be able to cancel the subscription, got a feeling the switchboard at every supplier of HBO is going to be pretty busy on Monday.

This for me as well

1 hour ago, Mike Honcho said:

Ditto. Although, I might keep it a bit longer just to finish watching Barry season 2.

I dont have a problem with the mad queen story arc

She has lost her kids...2 of her dragons..rejected by snow...people hate her

And people are suprised she went off the handle

15 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

🙄

Right. Sure. Burn down the city for no good reason.  Make sure to burn down every last bit of the city, before going after where Cersei was. 

Looked to me Cersei's tower only had one window looking over the city, why not fly up behind and burn that tower 1st :wall:

This show has done what I thought no other show could do and had a worse final season than Lost.

Fock right off.

I will probably join the stampede to drop HBO. I have Spectrum Silver, and it cost $147 a month. That is with wi-fi internet, one tv, and no dvr. I originally got it to get the NFL channel. I may try and do without it. About the only nice thing about Spectrum is that there are no contracts. I can drop whatever and get it back, any time.

33 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

I don't know if people are surprised by it.  I think they are surprised that it seemed to happen so quickly.  Like, literally in the span of a couple scenes.  That's just another reason why this feels rushed.

One little thing hat didn’t make sense was Cerci saying “Stay by my side Ser Gregor”. The hound was right there. They could fight right next to her I guess but that’s dumb. The scene could could have been written so that he had to choose between helping her escape or going to fight the hound. As it was, both options required that he do the same thing. 

Also, Arya doesn’t bother to disguise herself on her way to kill Cerci? 

It never mattered that the northern Amy was depleted. Even if you don’t want to burn down the city, you just need enough of an army to get them to bring their guys outside the city to get dragoned. 

FOCK HBO!!!! :mad:

The Mad Queen process started when she killed Sam's dad and brother.

Hth

That was the first time she didn't show any mercy.  And Tyeion was right there pleading her to not do it.

That was the first time she seemed infallible.

1 minute ago, Drizzay said:

That was the first time she didn't show any mercy.  And Tyeion was right there pleading her to not do it.

That was the first time she seemed inflatable.

Good point.  I'll buy it. 

5 minutes ago, Drizzay said:

That was the first time she seemed infallible.

She’s shown hints from the very beginning that she’s capable/enjoys extreme violence. All the way back to her brother’s death.

32 minutes ago, OldMaid said:

She’s shown hints from the very beginning that she’s capable/enjoys extreme violence. All the way back to her brother’s death.

Who didn't enjoy his death though?

She nailed the slave masters to posts for a mile. 

29 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Who didn't enjoy his death though?

Yes, we were cheering for her because we felt they were deserved... but she’s always been a little callous about doling out her justice. That’s why Dany going apeshit, wasn’t high on my list of complaints about last night’s episode.

3 minutes ago, OldMaid said:

Yes, we were cheering for her because we felt they were deserved... but she’s always been a little callous about doling out her justice. That’s why Dany going apeshit, wasn’t high on my list of complaints about last night’s episode.

We should also consider, maybe it was just that time of the month.   :dunno:

5 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

We should also consider, maybe it was just that time of the month.   :dunno:

🤦🏼‍♀️

7 minutes ago, OldMaid said:

My only comment to the GF was "If you want to be queen don't you need people alive to rule over?"

Just now, Mike Honcho said:

Hey, what can you expect, I'm a gay, I don't know any better.  :unsure:

:unsure:

8 minutes ago, Strike said:

My only comment to the GF was "If you want to be queen don't you need people alive to rule over?"

You showed tremendous restraint... I nearly chucked the remote at the 📺.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, OldMaid said:

I was just bored as it went on and on.. oh look more soldiers burning, oh there goes another tower.   Only thing that kept my interest was trying to find Aaron Rodgers so I could watch him fry.   

3 minutes ago, OldMaid said:

I only do this when I watch Laker's games.  :cry:

George might have told D&D the major plot points for the ending, but I’m convinced they played a game of Mad Libs, to figure out how to get it there.

5 minutes ago, OldMaid said:

George might have told D&D the major plot points for the ending, but I’m convinced they played a game of Mad Libs, to figure out how to get it there.

It feels like they just took each plot point, said hey that's an episode and that's it.   

15 minutes ago, OldMaid said:

Aren't nose rings just the dumbest thing? 

47 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Aren't nose rings just the dumbest thing? 

They look great if you are dressed as a cartoon bull, otherwise they are godawful. A stud I’ll let pass, those hoops never.