Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Game of Thrones ***Official Season 8*** April 14, 2019

2 minutes ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

It doesn't exhale fire or else it would constantly exhale fire. It produces it somehow so I would think there would be a point it runs out and has to recoup.

I don't know....Not a dragon expert.

I thought the finale was good, outside of Bran being named king. This season obviously hasn't been as good as years past but some people are putting it on par with the new Batwoman series that's coming out :wacko:

Good grief, you'd swear that the writers kicked everyone's puppy if you read on-line. Maybe it's because I binged it a few months ago and I don't have years invested into it like some. Expectations were too high apparently. This was still a fantastic show, prolly my favorite ever. Do I wish it was longer? Of course. If it was 9 seasons people would be bitching that it wasn't 10 :dunno:

9 hours ago, OldMaid said:

Here’s how it should have gone down:

Jon kllls Dany & Grey Worm. Then his first order of business after freeing Tyrion, is to announce that the 7 Kindoms will go back to how it was before the Targaryen’s conquered Westeros. 7 separate kindoms.

Because Bran the Broken is beyond retarded. He couldn’t be Lord of Winterfell because he’s different now-but he can be king? How da fock does that make sense? It’s almost like they couldn’t admit that Bran’s whole storyline was about him being able to find out that Jon was a secret Targaryen... so they gave him the throne. 🙄

‘Personally, I was more exited about the preview for the new season of Westworld.

Good point. Watching Gray Wurms hatred for Snow I was thinking I can't wait to see that fight.

The best thing about the show being over is that the front of USA Today will not have a recap article by Kelly Lawler, a useless ###### of a person. She does noting but take a sh1t on the show every week by pointing out useless things such as the skin color of those on the front lines and after the series finale she wrote this gem - 

• Brienne didn't need to finish Jaime's page in the Kingsguard book. She needed to write her own. Another female character ill-served by this series in the end.

:rolleyes:

47 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

The best thing about the show being over is that the front of USA Today will not have a recap article by Kelly Lawler, a useless ###### of a person. She does noting but take a sh1t on the show every week by pointing out useless things such as the skin color of those on the front lines and after the series finale she wrote this gem - 

• Brienne didn't need to finish Jaime's page in the Kingsguard book. She needed to write her own. Another female character ill-served by this series in the end.

Oh i know..Shes utterly horrible.   Absolutely terrible.  Game is horrible to women, people of color and on and on......Couldn't believe some of the crap she wrote.  She claimed it was racist to have the dothraki and unsullied in front at the battle of winterfell.  You know, sacrifice the colored folks first and all that.   I thought the dothraki and unsullied were the baddest fighters...so none of what she wrote made sense except to attempt to further divide people over silly things. 

I like her though..from all places..CNN...Plus shes kinda cute.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/20/entertainment/game-of-thrones-season-8-finale-recap-trnd/index.html

53 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

Let's recap women at the end of GoT:

- Sansa Queen of the North

- Butch lez is Queen of Iron Islands

- Super assassin Arya kills the Night King and now is an explorer (I guess)

- Brienne is head of King's Guard

That seems pretty decent to me. Plenty of strong women characters doing just fine.  Yet she complains about Brienne finishing Jamie's entry?  How much does this stupid kvnt get paid for these expert opinions? 

Just now, DonS said:

Let's recap women at the end of GoT:

- Sansa Queen of the North

- Butch lez is Queen of Iron Islands

- Super assassin Arya kills the Night King and now is an explorer (I guess)

- Brienne is head of King's Guard

That seems pretty decent to me. Plenty of strong women characters doing just fine.  Yet she complains about Brienne finishing Jamie's entry?  How much does this stupid kvnt get paid for these expert opinions? 

Her thing was more that GOT is racist......She wrote about that constantly.

2 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

They could have put Eddie Murphy in the show..

"What's it gonna take to turn that white throne into a ni**a throne?"

5 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

How come most of the America is racist talk is coming from white people these days? Seriously; I can't remember the last time I saw a black person publically claim that. 

Apparently, she forgot that on the opposite side, it was all white people on the front lines.

1 minute ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

How come most of the America is racist talk is coming from white people these days? Seriously; I can't remember the last time I saw a black person publically claim that. 

True.  Is Kelly Lawler white?  If so, she should quit her job and let  someone of color have it.

3 minutes ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

Its all a show. In reality she probably doesn't give a fock, but vocal about your liberal white guilt is hip these days in some sh1thole circles. 

8 minutes ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

Cause shes fat and ugly.  So she gonna hate on anything men do from the start

5 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

True.  Is Kelly Lawler white?  If so, she should quit her job and let  someone of color have it.

White...Fat...Ugly..and has purple hair..Or did at one time

11 minutes ago, Drizzay said:

Apparently, she forgot that on the opposite side, it was all white people on the front lines.

Them dying on the front lines is part of their "white privilege". They get all the glory that way! 

(It's fun making hypocritical statements! Being set free from logic is strangely liberating! I think I finally understand liberals) 

• Haha 1

I wonder if Kelly watched the beginning of Saving Private Ryan?. Just another dumb twat dead set on ruining everything. 

13 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I wonder if Kelly watched the beginning of Saving Private Ryan?. Just another dumb twat dead set on ruining everything. 

The Normandy landing scene didn't show enough POC, women, or trans characters!  It's an outrage! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DonS said:

The Normandy landing scene didn't show enough POC, women, or trans characters!  It's an outrage! 

There were definitely some trans gender there because people were getting their nuts blown off.

My nausea/disgust last night made me unclear on one thing... 

So the Unsullied are focking off to Naath.  Were the Dothraki getting on the ships as well, or are they staying put in Westeros?  I'm sure they won't be causing any problems if they stay.:rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

So is it safe to guess "Captain Arya Wolf of the High Seas" will be coming next year?

She's going to be passed around that ship more than a drunk prom date. She'll get her fill of sea men.

• Haha 1

Since we had the incredibly long delay this morning and afternoon to download/watch the show, I'd put myself in a no Game of Thrones spoiler bubble for many hours and just waited patiently for it to finally appear. The delay though threw off our viewing schedule and by the time we finally got it, my wife had things to do, and so she didn't watch all day.

Anyway, my wife couldn't take it and so she went and read about the episode on a Chinese social network site. What she found got her so worked up and pissed off that she's refusing to watch the episode at all.

As for me, I just want George to finish his books. My expectations for the show have been low since I'm a fan of the book story much more and I dislike how two second rate HBO hacks deliberately hijacked/ignored/weakened various aspects of the story and re-wrote them to make them dumber: Dorne plot, the Sansa/Littlefinger storyline, and the Brotherhood without Banners and a dozen smaller things. I also don't like but am more willing to forgive some of the character storylines that were cut out an merged for, I presume, brevity or budgetary reasons. The sets, the actors, the animators, the music, the costumes, the directing were all first rate, but the writing went south when they changed, then got beyond George's work.

Moving beyond George is George's fault. But ignoring what George wrote in favor of replacing it third rate BS was uncalled for. They had some successes in Season one.... here's some cool Cersei/Robert, Cersei/Joffrey, Cersei/Jamie stuff we'd not seen before. They put the moondoor in the floor rather than the wall, which was much cooler and an improvement on George. Then they got carried away and just started scrapping things.

It was nice that they let poor sickly Robyn of the Vale have an equal say on THE ENTIRE FATE OF WESTEROS.  At least some of the others showed their worth through their actions. He just breastfed until he was a preteen and wanted to make people fly out the Moon Door. 

Dany was looking hot as fock before Jon shanked her. I'm sure her body stayed warm long enough for a little fun. :wub:

9 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

Dany was looking hot as fock before Jon shanked her. I'm sure her body stayed warm long enough for a little fun. :wub:

Drogon might not have ignored Jon if it caught him mounting her corpse, though. 

1 minute ago, DonS said:

Drogon might not have ignored Jon if it caught him mounting her corpse, though. 

He would have at least died getting a little poo hole. His life sentence to castle black where he isn't permitted to fornicate again is pretty much the death penalty anyways. 

1 minute ago, bostonlager said:

He would have at least died getting a little poo hole. His life sentence to castle black where he isn't permitted to fornicate again is pretty much the death penalty anyways. 

I interpreted his ending as him saying fock being Lord Commander again and he headed beyond the Wall with Tormund and Co to live as a wildling.  He'll get tons of wildling poon.

Why else show him on the platform overlooking rest of the watch looking all sad and then next scene is him riding out beyond the Wall?

Did anyone else take it the same way? 

6 minutes ago, DonS said:

I interpreted his ending as him saying fock being Lord Commander again and he headed beyond the Wall with Tormund and Co to live as a wildling.  He'll get tons of wildling poon.

Why else show him on the platform overlooking rest of the watch looking all sad and then next scene is him riding out beyond the Wall?

Did anyone else take it the same way? 

That was my interpretation too...

8 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Yup...He went AWOL

6 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

While delivery was poorly done that was an ending for Jon that made perfect sense.  He really enjoyed life as a wildling and never had any desire to be a ruler.  Kick in the balls to sentence him to Night's Watch first but he ended up OK in the end. 

59 minutes ago, DonS said:

While delivery was poorly done that was an ending for Jon that made perfect sense.  He really enjoyed life as a wildling and never had any desire to be a ruler.  Kick in the balls to sentence him to Night's Watch first but he ended up OK in the end. 

Dude said he didn't want it a thousand times. So I agree that was a good ending for him.

44 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Dude said he didn't want it a thousand times. So I agree that was a good ending for him.

Actually there were three that I thought had good endings:

Jon, Ayra, and Daenerys...I thought all three were very fitting for their characters

1 minute ago, supermike80 said:

Actually there were three that I thought had good endings:

Jon, Ayra, and Daenerys...I thought all three were very fitting for their characters

Sansa's end was fitting as well.   She always had dreams of one day being queen. 

Just didn't like how they handled Arya packing up her maps and spyglass and setting off on a grand adventure!!!  Deciding to go off exploring was perfectly fine, was just super cheesy in delivery. 

Well, it wasn't exactly a mandate from the masses to wield executive power that established Bran as King, but at least he wasn't made king by some farcical aquatic ceremony where some watery tart threw a sword at him.

• Thanks 1

my opinion on episode 6 and season 8 as a whole 🙄

Grey Worm tells Tyrion "you may not speak" then he goes on a 10 minute soliloquy

Drogon went East

Arya went West

Jon went North

The show went South

:first: