Sign in to follow this  
the lone star

What Percentage Of Vetos Would You Need To Nix A Deal?

What Percentage Of Vetos (from the entire league) Would You Need To Nix A Deal?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. What Percentage Of Vetos (from the entire league) Would You Need To Nix A Deal?

• 1 - 25%
    • 26 - 49%
    • 50%
    • 51 - 66%
    • 66.67%
    • 67 - 74%
    • 75%
    • 76 - 89%
    • 90 - 100%

What Percentage Of Vetos (from the entire league) Would You Need To Nix A Deal? Assume you are in a league where trades are put up to a vote.

Scenario 1: 12 Team League
Scenario 2: 14 Team League
Scenario 3: 16 Team League

Please keep in mind that you HAVE to pick a number. Saying that you wouldn't play in a league with this kind of set-up isn't an option here.

There shouldn't be veto power in any league unless there is clear collusion. Nobody has a cystral ball that can see who gets the better end of a trade.

Vetos are only for butthurt owners.

Agreed with the above post. 

3 hours ago, minuteofdecay said:

There shouldn't be veto power in any league unless there is clear collusion. Nobody has a cystral ball that can see who gets the better end of a trade.

Vetos are only for butthurt owners.

But if you had to pick one of the options in the poll above, then what would you pick?

Could you redo the poll but add more options for the 25-49% range?  I think this wide range is going to skew the poll and the render the results unusable.

Thanks in advance.

13 hours ago, jaxjag said:

Could you redo the poll but add more options for the 25-49% range?  I think this wide range is going to skew the poll and the render the results unusable.

Thanks in advance.

But what about the 1 - 25% range?

3 hours ago, the lone star said:

But what about the 1 - 25% range?

That's completely different.

Zero. There are only two scenarios here.

1) One person is not good at FF and is getting taken advantage. Should never assume that though. All teams should be trying to win all the time.

2) If you suspect collusion you have a bigger problem in your league than if you should veto a trade or not.

No veto.

not relevant. I dont care who wants a veto and who does not.   it is about collusion.  

even if the whole league thinks it should be veto'd, if there is no evidence of collusion (or skirting the rules in any way) then the deal goes through.

23 hours ago, sderk said:

Zero. There are only two scenarios here.

1) One person is not good at FF and is getting taken advantage. Should never assume that though. All teams should be trying to win all the time.

2) If you suspect collusion you have a bigger problem in your league than if you should veto a trade or not.

No veto.

The first scenario is always tough to patrol. I've been there for sure.

7 hours ago, the lone star said:

The first scenario is always tough to patrol. I've been there for sure.

the first scenario is part of the learning process.  if you are new to fantasy football, you sometimes need to get burned on a deal to learn how to not do that to yourself in the future.

Vetos should be avoided in this scenario unless the deal is so bad that it cannot be jusified by anyone (including the 2 teams making the deal)

There are always gonna be times when someone overpays for someone they want and you need to allow people to make those kind of mistakes.

its the trades that look like collusion that really need to be scrutinized.  

I am happy to see most leagues will not veto trades now.  A decade ago, this was a real problem in fantasy football.  It seemed like every league was just looking for reasons to overturn trades.  I saw some overturned that were just horrible at first glance, but they would have benefited the guy we thought was getting screwed.  So, you never know what will happen, therefore, vetoing a trade should be off the table for all leagues unless someone can prove absolute collusion.  In a case where they can, they probably shouldn't have let two family members in the same league. 

make no mistake, its still a problem in some leagues.   My office league is like that (which led to my leaving that league)  People there vote against any deal they dont like.  

in general, these situations generally get better with time.  as the fantasy football players become more knowledgeable and sophisticated, it eventually will get to a point where vetos are, for the most part, not necessary.

League approval or votes should never be a requirement to finalize a deal.  Isn't that just asking for more collusion (I'll vote to approve your deal if you vote to approve my deal.....) If votes are required, you should always vote to nix a deal unless you think it somehow makes both teams worse.