JustinCharge

Fears of a second civil war grow among democrat & republican pundits

Granted, I haven't read much of the above. Maybe later. 

But to give a serious answer to what I assume to be a less than serious premise: 

Long long LONG before we'd ever see such a thing as a "civil war", we will see states themselves splitting up. 

That doesn't exactly require a psychic to predetermine; California, Texas, Colorado, Oregon  - to name a few - are already having semi serious conversations about that. Heck, there are even talks to cede one or more northern states to Canada, but that's a whole 'nother.   

Long before we saw the War of Micro-Agression, we'd see a Federation. 

But honestly?  We're already largely there. For example, Trump jumps out of Trade Agreements, Environmental Pacts, etc?  States and Businesses have already unilaterally entered BACK into those agreements. Yeah, it mitigates our leverage, our standing, but hell, Cali, Texas, New York, etc. have enough GDP  to be serious players on their own.  - And they're doing it. Environmentally, States and Private Businesses are still going along with higher fuel efficiency, carbon output standards regardless of Trump. 

As far as social issues?  Geez, ask Northern Ireland. Abortion of any kind was illegal until just a while ago. Hence, the term "Day Trip to Manchester" was adopted. Not ideal for the poor, but not a country-cracker either. See how many states had Legal Ghey Marriage before Obergefell v Hodges. 

When/If the left gets done CF'ing themselves and passes legislation others don't like, it'll be same way in the other direction. 

Hell, even the soviet union didn't have a civil war - And things were/are a crapload worse there.

So, I'm pretty sure we can manage without seeing General Alec Baldwin run up against Colonel James Woods at the Battle of Seattle. 

1 hour ago, cbfalcon said:

Have any of the hillbillies in this thread puffed out their chest and claimed their side will win a civil war easily yet?

Nah. Didn't see any yet.. Those types of libs only post dumb comments and call other people hillbillies. 

In the first Civil War, weren't Sourthern plantations/states at risk of losing a lot of money if slavery was abolished?  As much as we wanna think of that war being fought on moral grounds it really wasn't.  All about states' rights and economics.

The US is doing just fine economically.  So to go to war over social issues....really minor social differences really.....is crazy.  Literally crazy.  Anyone who entertains such a prospect probably has no life and just wants to exact revenge on the other side for their perceived failures.  Or they're absorbed by political "discourse".  Which describes your average political pundit and a few select dudes at this place.

Having said all that, I could see states battling the Feds over immigration.  So maybe that's the issue that sends us over the edge.  But as of yet nobody has mentioned it in this thread so I imagine it can't be such a huge issue that people die over it.

:dunno: 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, FeelingMN said:

So to go to war over social issues....really minor social differences really.....is crazy.  Literally crazy. 

Republican whites have lost trust in the system.  Their trust in government, religion, the media, education, business, medicine, art, etc is WAY down across the board.  They see a bleak future for their kids. They feel their votes are being taken away by flooding the nation with immigrants that don't share their values.  They feel their voice is being taken away by getting silenced and banned everywhere.  They voted Trump in large numbers.

Its not crazy to see how they will go to war.

5 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I mean we all know that Republicans are kind of troll like in nature, so they would shoulder more of the blame, obviously. 

You're a pompous little pr!ck

• Like 1

Are you ready? Will you be?
Will you fight World War III?
Are you ready? Are you sure?
Will you fight World War IV?

This is America. The next civil war will be either a dance off, a lip sync battle,or a drop the mic competition.

7 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I mean we all know that Republicans are kind of troll like in nature, so they would shoulder more of the blame, obviously. 

I did not realize you were republican.

5 hours ago, shorepatrol said:

You're a pompous little pr!ck

No more so than the Republicans who cry about democrats all day. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

This civil war wouldn't have one main issue to be the reason for the war. It's stupid to even consider as a possibility

One side undermining the office of the President with continual unfounded investigation and consistent coordinated attacks from the press is certainly a main issue in my book. Every coup in history is justified by those perpetrating it.

11 hours ago, drobeski said:

I think the left will react violently when these two soon come events occur.

:ninja:

Then within 5 minutes, they will be back immersed in their iphone.

12 hours ago, iam90sbaby said:

Honest question: what else would a war be fought over? Lol

not saying it’ll happen but isn’t that the only legitimate reason for a war?

Race

10 hours ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Maybe you can tell us what armed service you joined?

I find it hilarious that those who never joined the armed service criticize those who never joined the armed service.

MDC is 82nd Keyboard Division in the Soros Army. She'd gladly lay down someone else's life for the cause.

12 hours ago, NorthernVike said:

In.  :bandana:

Yea because Willy Loman is intimidating oooohhhh tough guy. 

Democrats riot

Tear down our history

Attempt to silence speech

Trample our constitution rights

Celebrate the murder of babies

Work openly with foreign Invaders 

Attempted a coup to replace the president

#Resist

Daily threats from known people on the president's life and a few real attempts

On and on I can go, but it's Trump and his supporters who will start a civil war? No we have a few very powerful people in government that are pushing this. The sooner we get them locked up the sooner the Democrats can return to normality

• Thanks 2

Of ideology, yes perhaps....and perhaps it has already begun.  Physical manifestation?  Hope not, likely not possible, but the left has already been violent so pockets of conflict seem plausible

1 minute ago, MDC said:

Whatever side gets 12th doosh wins. :bandana:

D39F56B7-7C66-46E2-B7BD-CDB2D5A4C413.png

The great deletor. Everyone knows what you are. 😂

12 hours ago, sderk said:

Nah. Didn't see any yet.. Those types of libs only post dumb comments and call other people hillbillies. 

I haven’t read through all the posts, but I have spent a few years on this board amigo. I’m confident you are incorrect, as there is a zero percent chance someone hasn’t puffed their chest out and talked about how at least their side will kick then Libs ass in a war. Zero. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

Democrats riot

Tear down our history

#Resist

On and on I can go, but it's Trump and his supporters who will start a civil war? No we have a few very powerful people in government that are pushing this. The sooner we get them locked up the sooner the Democrats can return to normality

BOOM!!!

3 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

Democrats riot

Tear down our history

#Resist

Yeah, I'm not sure what civil war would look like in 2019 America, but the left sure seems to be looking for one in every aspect. I mean, if you can't wear a hat with 'Make America Great Again' on it without getting threatened physical harm from somebody, then that tells me trouble is brewing. I dislike Cortez, and Waters and Pelosi, etc... but if someone is wearing a hat that has one of their names on it, or a Hillary bumper sticker on their car (which I still see a lot of), I'm not going to get in their face and threaten them. The left is encouraging extreme tactics. See the Waters clip on her telling her voters to go out and get in peoples faces and follow them around in the streets and into restaurants.   

You should correct the "Attempted a coup" to "Attempting a coup". 

1 hour ago, cbfalcon said:

I haven’t read through all the posts, but I have spent a few years on this board amigo. I’m confident you are incorrect, as there is a zero percent chance someone hasn’t puffed their chest out and talked about how at least their side will kick then Libs ass in a war. Zero. 

Jussie dont be a zero 

Dont be a fool your whole life 

I am not a fan of all this civil war talk at all, people need to simmer down.  Too many mouths who have never taken fire or delivered fire being loud.

Look at your young men fighting
Look at your women crying
Look at your young men dying
The way they've always done before

Look at the hate we're breeding
Look at the fear we're feeding
Look at the lives we're leading
The way we've always done before

I don't need your civil war
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor
Your power hungry sellin' soldiers
In a human grocery store
Ain't that fresh
I don't need your civil war

:music_guitarred:

On 3/9/2019 at 6:49 PM, MDC said:

It would be quite an accomplishment if Don leads us to civil war in his first term.

MAGA :thumbsup:

Are you going to partake or be an observer?

3 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

We need a national "Get off of social media" month.

Where would everyone get their news?   :shocking:

If the electoral college was abolished we would have a civil war not too long after. 

37 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

If the electoral college was abolished we would have a civil war not too long after. 

The left haven't gone to schools that teach what that is. Currently they want about 4 major cities to decide who is president of the whole country. Simply because a few of their "leaders" want power, and because the rest are just plain stupid and unable to understand such a crazy topic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/9/2019 at 6:18 PM, Frozenbeernuts said:

Open your eyes.  Baltimore. Occupy Wallstreet. Occupy Chicago. Ferguson. Occupy Minneapolis.   Occupy Wall Street. Gangs like MS-13.   ND Pipeline.  Prisons.  Look at those in prison for violent crimes.  Any and all places where people are carrying signs...pushing them in people's faces.   Those in line for food stamps. Those focking high as a kite on marijuana.   People with faces full of tattoos and holes and piercings. Ya think those folks are voting Republican?  LOL.   Give it the eye test.  Its plain to see. And It wouldn't be so bad, if the left admitted this stuff, and said "Its part of our agenda. I'm sticking to it". Instead...they go into the "all people are equal" because it sounds good.  The eye test seldom fails, but some just choose to pretend not to see.  

Conservatives gripe about Dems also...but thats where it stops.  At the water cooler. Or here.   Or other message boards.  Conservatives don't get together in gang fashion and vandalize, destroy or attempt to intimidate. 

17 hours ago, drobeski said:

Has the Democrats terrorist wing Antifa stopped its violence and destruction yet ?

Conservatives would argue that liberal policies have led to the creation of massive ghettos in major cities across the nation, that are filled with violence.  All of the murders in Chicago are thus the fault of the far left getting its agenda passed.  Children born and raised without fathers, noone to teach them and nowhere to go, falling into gangs and causing havoc and pain and death.  But the problem is not the entire landscape of urban crime waves, but a random white guy on a farm with a rifle.

7 hours ago, tubby_mcgee said:

Open your eyes.  Baltimore. Occupy Wallstreet. Occupy Chicago. Ferguson. Occupy Minneapolis.   Occupy Wall Street. Gangs like MS-13.   ND Pipeline.  Prisons.  Look at those in prison for violent crimes.  Any and all places where people are carrying signs...pushing them in people's faces.   Those in line for food stamps. Those focking high as a kite on marijuana.   People with faces full of tattoos and holes and piercings. Ya think those folks are voting Republican?  LOL.   Give it the eye test.  Its plain to see. And It wouldn't be so bad, if the left admitted this stuff, and said "Its part of our agenda. I'm sticking to it". Instead...they go into the "all people are equal" because it sounds good.  The eye test seldom fails, but some just choose to pretend not to see.  

Conservatives gripe about Dems also...but thats where it stops.  At the water cooler. Or here.   Or other message boards.  Conservatives don't get together in gang fashion and vandalize, destroy or attempt to intimidate. 

A lot of republicans are pot smokers.  :bandana:

16 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I wouldn't worry about it. That would require a constituional amendment and so has zero chance of passing.

Stacking the courts on the other hand... they could do that much easier. "We need four more Supreme Court seats and 10 more seats on each appeals court because there aren't enough judges willing to wipe their ases on the constituion because we lose elections too frequently."