JustinCharge

Fears of a second civil war grow among democrat & republican pundits

the right would focking destroy the left. what are they going to do? kale me to death? 

there i said it. :bandana:

5 hours ago, NorthernVike said:

A lot of republicans are pot smokers.  :bandana:

Agreed.

And a lot of cigarette smokers don't develop lung cancer. 

A lot of blacks aren't in prison.

A lot of whites are in prison.

A lot of people in high speed auto crashes not wearing seat belts,  survive.

A lot of non-pit bulls and non-rottweilers bite people. 

A lot of dems/libs do not riot/vandalize/carry picket signs.

All of those things, plus what you wrote, are facts. 

But none are relevant to what I was referencing. 

On April 5th, Ray Dalio (billionare founder of the worlds largest hedge fund) warned that Capitalism is flawed and that the wealth disparity and values disparity can often lead to revolutions.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-04-12/cash-out-or-all-in-when-stocks-are-up-16-and-it-s-only-april

"Disparity in wealth, especially when accompanied by disparity in values, leads to increasing conflict and, in the government, that manifests itself in the form of populism of the left and populism of the right and often in revolutions of one sort or another."

The sooner a civil war happens, the sooner/faster we clear out much of the rif-raf in this country. 

I will predict right now, Saturday April 13th, 2019, within 2 years, there will be arguments made in favor of a revolution by prominent posters in the "other board".  They will claim something along the lines of what I'm reading, that income inequality cannot be fixed without doing away with capitalism, and that we need a new constitution outright.  They will argue for revolt from the LEFT.  This is, of course, after mocking me for warning of a civil war the last 2 years. 

They will go from calling me crazy for saying a civil war is likely to openly considering a revolution.  Just watch.

Its probably going to go down as I said.  The right won't get up as a group en masse and strike first.  It will be the left that strikes first en masse. They will riot and start attacking right wing people in everyday life.  Only THEN will the right wing get up and fight back.

On 3/19/2019 at 10:22 AM, porkbutt said:

the right would focking destroy the left. what are they going to do? kale me to death? 

Kale can actually be quite dangerous if handled improperly.

The Left would undoubtedly fight like terrorists. I'm talking about bombings and poisonings. There's no way they would fight straight-up against good ol' boys who know how to handle weapons.

7 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

The Left would undoubtedly fight like terrorists. I'm talking bombings and poisonings. There's no way they would fight straight-up against good ol' boys who know how to handle weapons.

Yeah kind of like the old musket warfare where everyone stands across from each other and shoots. It's very honorable

19 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

The Left would undoubtedly fight like terrorists. I'm talking about bombings and poisonings. There's no way they would fight straight-up against good ol' boys who know how to handle weapons.

No.  Actually, you need to look at how the communist revolution went down in Russia in the early 20th century.  What they did was

1. convert a lot of people in large populated urban areas.

2. stir up a revolt.

3. the converts in urban areas then spread out across the rural areas.

So OUR case, what the radical left would do is:

1.  Import tons of illegal immigrants into large urban areas to swell their ranks.

2. Designate them sanctuary cities for a period of time long enough to radicalize them and mobilize them.

3. Initiate a revolt and push all the combined urban citizens and illegals out to the rural areas to kill the conservative population.

Basically its an invasion and importing a foreign army to kill the people living here.

If y'all thinking of a civil war it won't be like that at all. Think Ireland and it would destroy America. There would be no winners.

1 hour ago, riversco said:

No.  Actually, you need to look at how the communist revolution went down in Russia in the early 20th century.  What they did was

1. convert a lot of people in large populated urban areas.

2. stir up a revolt.

3. the converts in urban areas then spread out across the rural areas.

So OUR case, what the radical left would do is:

1.  Import tons of illegal immigrants into large urban areas to swell their ranks.

2. Designate them sanctuary cities for a period of time long enough to radicalize them and mobilize them.

3. Initiate a revolt and push all the combined urban citizens and illegals out to the rural areas to kill the conservative population.

Basically its an invasion and importing a foreign army to kill the people living here.

This is what is happening already. The dems don't care that the illegals are killing citizens of this country. They already came out and said they are willing to fight for the illegals to be here and kill residents of the US.  

39 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

If y'all thinking of a civil war it won't be like that at all. Think Ireland and it would destroy America. There would be no winners.

Yeah I hope that all the posts about America being better off are tongue in cheek. 

This British pundit is ready to overthrow capitalism to "save the environment".  He has a movement apparently.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/apr/15/rebellion-prevent-ecological-apocalypse-civil-disobedience

Only rebellion will prevent an ecological apocalypse

by George Monbiot

Had we put as much effort into preventing environmental catastrophe as we’ve spent on making excuses for inaction, we would have solved it by now. Everywhere I look, I see people engaged in furious attempts to fend off the moral challenge it presents.

The commonest current excuse is this: “I bet those protesters have phones/go on holiday/wear leather shoes.” In other words, we won’t listen to anyone who is not living naked in a barrel, subsisting only on murky water. Of course, if you are living naked in a barrel we will dismiss you too, because you’re a hippie weirdo. Every messenger, and every message they bear, is disqualified on the grounds of either impurity or purity.

As the environmental crisis accelerates, and as protest movements like YouthStrike4Climate and Extinction Rebellion make it harder not to see what we face, people discover more inventive means of shutting their eyes and shedding responsibility. Underlying these excuses is a deep-rooted belief that if we really are in trouble, someone somewhere will come to our rescue: “they” won’t let it happen. But there is no they, just us.

...with every increment of global heating, with every rise in material resource consumption, we will have to accept still greater losses, many of which can still be prevented through radical transformation.

We need to conceive and build a new system based on the principle that every generation, everywhere has an equal right to enjoy natural wealth.

https://twitter.com/GeorgeMonbiot

The time for excuses is over. The struggle to overthrow our life-denying system has begun.

Between these 2 clips, 1m people have watched this argument that ending #climatebreakdown means overthrowing capitalism. Will current affairs programmes now allow us to hear such things? Or will they remain confined to comedy shows?

Gotta love it when the live studio audience of a British chat show cheers for overthrowing capitalism to save our habitat.

We can not sit by and wait for our governments to fix this mess, we are diving head first into climate and ecological collapse. Rebels will ascend on London and other capital cities this Monday as the #InternationalRebellion begins.

I think the point that free market economies result in harm to the environment is likely an accurate assertion. Humans are naturally greedy, self-serving, and violent and part of that motif is harming the environment as it suits them to feed these aspects. 

I do think there is opportunity to  mediate the harm we cause, but i am not sure who can really do it. I do not trust the government, and I certainly do not trust the companies.....

1 minute ago, Ray Lewis's Limo Driver said:

I think the point that free market economies result in harm to the environment is likely an accurate assertion. Humans are naturally greedy, self-serving, and violent and part of that motif is harming the environment as it suits them to feed these aspects. 

I do think there is opportunity to  mediate the harm we cause, but i am not sure who can really do it. I do not trust the government, and I certainly do not trust the companies.....

I'm absolutely unwaveringly convinced we cannot do it.  As you said, it goes against human nature and cannot be done.  Global Warming, climate change, whatever you want to call it..If it truly is man made and if nature will not have an effect, its never going to change.   

It's about adaptation not elimination.  I get crucified on that other board when I say this

On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 11:22 AM, porkbutt said:

First, they would cry that the right is not fighting fairly.

39 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

I'm absolutely unwaveringly convinced we cannot do it.  As you said, it goes against human nature and cannot be done.  Global Warming, climate change, whatever you want to call it..If it truly is man made and if nature will not have an effect, its never going to change.   

It's about adaptation not elimination.  I get crucified on that other board when I say this

That other board is crazy ! Amirite??

3 hours ago, lod001 said:

First, they would cry that the right is not fighting fairly.

And CNN would run in circles reporting it. 

"President Trump today pulled a gun and shot Maxine Waters in the forehead. Maxine was only trying to stab Trump with a homemade shiv. We are outraged at Trump for bringing a gun to a shiv fight. He is showing every day how he cannot be trusted as president."

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, sderk said:

And CNN would run in circles reporting it. 

"President Trump today pulled a gun and shot Maxine Waters in the forehead. Maxine was only trying to stab Trump with a homemade shiv. We are outraged at Trump for bringing a gun to a shiv fight. He is showing every day how he cannot be trusted as president."

Actually this wouldn't happen because in this upcoming civil war, the media are going to be MILITARY targets.  This is because so many people see freedom of the press being abused to corrupt everything.  I think one of the very first things that happens in this civil war is most of the leftist media getting rounded up and simply vanishing.

21 hours ago, Ray Lewis's Limo Driver said:

I think the point that free market economies result in harm to the environment is likely an accurate assertion.

It is not.  What results in harm to the environment is lack of checks and balances.  When there is no TRUE oversight committee, large scale damage can be done.  This is why countries that lack freedom, like China today or the USSR in the past, committed the largest environmental disasters in human history. 

If you have a radical left wing government, and then a radical left wing media that protects and defends whatever the government does, you have no checks and balances.  So that government is free to pollute or outright destroy the environment with impunity because the media won't report it.  China caused widespread environmental damage with construction of dams.  The USSR destroyed a massive ecosystem by draining lakes and diverting rivers, and had lax standards on radiation fallout leading to large areas contaminated. 

A free market economy is VASTLY superior for protecting the environment because there are checks and balances.  The media will call out a corporation that violates environmental standards so its more careful not to.

3 minutes ago, riversco said:

Actually this wouldn't happen because in this upcoming civil war, the media are going to be MILITARY targets.  This is because so many people see freedom of the press being abused to corrupt everything.  I think one of the very first things that happens in this civil war is most of the leftist media getting rounded up and simply vanishing.

That warms my heart. Leftist media vanishing.... I would sit out on the porch with a nice glass of bourbon and relish in the silence.

In the article I posted in the OP, we looked at people on the left and right who feared a coming civil war.  In this article, we see a tonal shift in the media as they try to link fears of a second civil war to right-wing extremists.  Although further down the article it strangely links to a left wing commentator who explores the idea of a second civil war which undoes the thesis.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/christian-rightwing-figures-warn-abortion-060007211.html

Prominent figures on the Christian right in the US ranging from religious magazines to authors to elected politicians have warned that the fight over abortion rights could lead to a new civil war. Though such dire predictions are not necessarily new on the extreme right wing in the US

Journalist Robert Evans hosts the breakout podcast It Could Happen Here, which canvases scenarios for a new American civil war.

He said that the Christian right “generate a lot of the extremist language in mainstream politics”, but that “there’s more talk about violent insurrection from the white nationalist right than the Christian right, because there’s less faith in politics”.

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/1119-it-could-happen-here-30717896/

No taxation without representation.  The urban center controls all voting/taxation for everyone else.  Many folks feel they are not represented by their congressmen etc....

11 minutes ago, mmmmm...beer said:

No taxation without representation.  The urban center controls all voting/taxation for everyone else.  Many folks feel they are not represented by their congressmen etc....

I don't buy that. If anything, rural areas are over represented.

As for a civil war... Keyboard warriors are one thing. I don't think too many people are willing to kill and die over this culture war nonsense. 

3 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

As for a civil war... Keyboard warriors are one thing. I don't think too many people are willing to kill and die over this culture war nonsense. 

Good post. 

As for the the rest of you..... :lol:

1 hour ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Keyboard warriors aren't going to fight.  And it doesn't matter.

You have to look at the winning and losing scenarios.

In the revolutionary war, the overwhelming majority of the public wanted to stay a British colony.  Basically, anyone with a halfway-decent job either was a Royalist or didn't give a crap.  You had maybe 20% of the population that wanted revolt.  So it was ~20% of the colonists vs the biggest and strongest world superpower in the world at that time - the British Empire.  And the colonists WON.

How did they win?  They forged alliances.  They got France and Germany to fund them, back them, train them, and fight with them.  They constructed the Continental Army out of the 20% that wanted to revolt, consisting of a military contingent that was ready to revolt like Washington, the unemployed, people in debt up to their eyeballs, people in crap jobs, criminals, slaves, and German and French troops.  All of that combined was enough to defeat the British. 

Look at the civil war.  In that circumstance, you had much greater participation in the war effort from the Confederate Army, backed by trained officers and soldiers.  They were smaller than the Union but much more organized and stronger than the Continental army about 90 years prior.  Unfortunately, they failed to win foreign backing.  They made overtures to France but France wouldn't help.  They were isolated and eventually got worn down and lost.

Foreign backing is key.  If you can get foreign backing, your odds of winning a revolt are incredibly high.  Russia and China are already being lined up to back the right wing in a civil war.  They are sitting there ready to go.

But I wouldn't expect anyone on this forum to be someone joining the revolt.  Keyboard warriors aren't going to bother.  The demographic here is comprised mostly of people with good paying jobs or careers or families.  Those types of people in the revolutionary war would have been Royalist (even if they complained a lot) or when it came to blows, just not give a crap .  No, the right wing revolt will come from probably rural areas in the South and the Rust Belt - people with no jobs, with their factories moved overseas, deep in debt, no prospects at all.

So you're right and you're wrong.  You are correct regarding who isn't willing to kill and die, you just don't understand who the target demographic is.  Trump is making a plea to disenfranchised whites in poverty in the rust belt, he constantly tours the region with red meat speeches, and that is a GREAT target demographic to build a revolutionary army with.

I would expect that if civil unrest broke out, everyone here would just find it interesting but do nothing.

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

You are at your best when not thinking.

You kids are amongst the 2% nuttiest, gunniest, and most hateful of anyone that sees the world differently than you do. You are the ones that want to observe a Civil War.

Yet none of you are willing to start this Civil War you so badly want. Instead you are waiting for bigger nutsos than you to start it. Helll, it’s not even clear if you would fight in it, so much as you just want to watch and comment about how the Cons are kicking the Libs asses in it. 

All hat, no cattle. 

• Like 2

If you believe the media, the sides are about evenly matched. The truth is somewhat different.

The majority of Americans oppose late term abortions, open borders and major changes to the booming economy. Those that want such things are fringe groups that will never be able to mobilize. They majority of them are social rejects, pacifists and people that don't give two sh!ts about the things or the people they purport to champion. They're weak.

18 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

You kids are amongst the 2% nuttiest, gunniest, and most hateful of anyone that sees the world differently than you do. You are the ones that want to observe a Civil War.

Yet none of you are willing to start this Civil War you so badly want. Instead you are waiting for bigger nutsos than you to start it. Helll, it’s not even clear if you would fight in it, so much as you just want to watch and comment about how the Cons are kicking the Libs asses in it. 

All hat, no cattle. 

:lol:  

We are in the midst of a cold civil war. That's about as far as it's going to get.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cbfalcon said:

All hat, no cattle. 

:lol:

3 hours ago, cbfalcon said:

All hat, no cattle. 

You're nuttier than squirrel sh!t

The point is simple. You silly geese aren't going to start a Civil War. So it'll take large numbers that are nuttier than you. But those people don't actually exist. Sure, a lone wolf here and there, but those people just quickly end up in prison for being nutty.

2 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

The point is simple. You silly geese aren't going to start a Civil War. So it'll take large numbers that are nuttier than you. But those people don't actually exist. Sure, a lone wolf here and there, but those people just quickly end up in prison for being nutty.

The civil war (if there is one) would be started by Dems as they are in the minority in both power and ideology. They're also the violent ones that'll attack an 81 year old veteran, or whoever wears a MAGA hat.