JustinCharge

Fears of a second civil war grow among democrat & republican pundits

4 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

I'm at this point. 

#metoo

I am all for giving up tax dollars to send people back to their "wonderful countries" if they hate it here to the point of not liking the constitution and following the values set up in this country in the first place. 

For some reason, left wing websites and pundits keep fantasizing about a second civil war, and every time they do, they assert that only right wing pundits fantasize about a second civil war.  Here is another one:  Salon (a leftist website) does it. a warning, this Salon article (crossposted to Yahoo!) goes into fits of TDS, like warning that the right has "permission to commit acts of violence" while forgetting BLM groups have actually been committing wide-scale violence for months. Also, the article references a new book by leftist Richard Kreitner that explores the idea of a second civil war.  So the left is starting to go full ham on talking about civil war while accusing the right of doing it. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/disunited-states-could-second-civil-100002857.html

Disunited states: Could a second Civil War — and an end to the union — really happen?
Chauncey DeVega
Salon Tue, September 22, 2020, 3:00 AM PDT

Donald Trump | United States of America cracking to pieces Photo illustration by Salon/Getty Images

On Sept. 11, Donald Trump proclaimed on Twitter that: "Pelosi and Schumer want Trillions of Dollars of BAILOUT money for Blue States that are doing badly, both economically and in terms of high crime, as a condition to making a deal on stimulus — But the USA is coming back strong!"

Trump was widely mocked in response for being too ignorant to understand that "blue states" are part of the United States.

People enjoy laughing at Donald Trump, perhaps because they think it will somehow save them from his wrath, cruelty and violence. It will not.

Trump's statements about "Blue States" are just another obvious illustration of the fact that he is not really president of the United States of America. Through his behavior Trump has shown that he is actually the authoritarian Great Leader of his followers only.

Moreover, he has little or no respect, love, care or concern for them either — except as a means of keeping himself in office indefinitely so he can enrich himself, his family, and other close allies.

Trump is not merely indifferent towards those Americans in "blue states" and elsewhere who do not support his regime. He is actively hostile and violent towards them. He has sabotaged aid to the coastal states early in the coronavirus pandemic. He ignored California and Puerto Rico when they have faced natural disasters and environmental calamities. He has encouraged armed militias to stage threatening demonstrations in Democratic-governed states such as Michigan. He has unleashed federal police against protesters in Portland and elsewhere who oppose the regime. He has pursued an overall strategy of stochastic terrorism against Democrats, Black Lives Matter activists, anti-fascists and others he and his agents deem to be "enemies of the state."

Donald Trump and Attorney General William Barr have also suggested they may use the Insurrection Act to deploy the U.S. military against Americans who dare to protest if Trump somehow manages to steal the 2020 election. Barr has even speculated that Americans who protest the Trump regime should be charged with the little-used crime of sedition.

In total, Trump's followers understand that they have been given full permission to engage in acts of violence against his and their "enemies." This would mark one of the final steps in a campaign of Trump-inspired and commanded right-wing violence that began with the 2016 presidential campaign and is now reaching a crescendo as we head toward the 2020 election.

For decades, if not longer, the American right has fantasized about a second Civil War. With Trump as president, a season of death and suffering from the coronavirus pandemic, and a climate of intense economic ruin as well as political and cultural division, the would-be secessionists may finally get their wish.

Richard Kreitner is a contributing writer to the Nation. His writing has also been featured in the New York Times, The Boston Globe, Slate, The New York Review of Books and The Baffler. His new book is "Break It Up: Secession, Division, and the Secret History of America's Imperfect Union."

In this conversation, Kreitner explains that he sees the Age of Trump is one of several moments in the country's history where it almost collapsed into a state of civil war and widespread political violence. He says America needs a constitutional convention to address the problems in democracy and governance caused by such antiquated institutions as the Electoral College and the U.S. Senate.

At the end of this conversation, Kreitner offers a chilling and timely scenario for how the U.S. could descend into a second civil war that would finally tear red and blue states away from one another.

Obesity has gone up 100% plus since 1980 in young adults. These fat phucks could not fight in a war. I'm in my 40's and I look around at the young adults today. Unbelievable the level of obesity in people under the age of 25. Blockcade fast food, puncture all 2 liters, soda cans and other bug juices, intercept their pizza deliveries and the war is over.  

riversco gets more sane by the day. What started out as whackadoddle nutso Chicken Little nonsense is.... making more and more sense. He lost his 'certifiably insane' certification a few months back and is... uh... is... looking perfectly sane and reasonable right now.

This thread is eighteen pages long now and I hereby disavow anything I said on the first ten. 

And sorry, riversco for anything I may have said in here earlier. I do still hope you're wrong, and I'm holding out hope that you are and we come to our collective senses, but I now think you've got an above 50% chance of being right. Actually, maybe above 60%. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Voltaire said:

riversco gets more sane by the day. What started out as whackadoddle nutso Chicken Little nonsense is.... making more and more sense. He lost his 'certifiably insane' certification a few months back and is... uh... is... looking perfectly sane and reasonable right now.

This thread is eighteen pages long now and I hereby disavow anything I said on the first ten. 

And sorry, riversco for anything I may have said in here earlier. I do still hope you're wrong, and I'm holding out hope that you are and we come to our collective senses, but I now think you've got an above 50% chance of being right. Actually, maybe above 60%. 

I wish I was wrong.  I think it just comes down to trust.  Americans effectively lost its trust in the system in 2015.  From that point on, we've been rolling towards a civil war.  I noticed it by 2016.  Now I think we're neck-deep.

7 hours ago, Voltaire said:

no, you just get less

I would not bank on former and retired military engaging. My neighbor and I were discussing this scenario yesterday. We're both former combat Vets. Soldiers by definition are paid a wage. Even if the military offered to pay our former wages we are staying out of it other than to protect our own property. I've talked to others as well and they want nothing to do with it.

Romans tried to recall former military when things went south. These people said no way by and large.   Years of demeaning the military, lying to them, giving more to non citizens for votes and more political power (sound familiar?). You crapped the bed. Not our problem sort of thing.

As much as I hate to say it the US is just an azz pimple on the azz of civilizations. We've had a good run but it's winding down. Common values, language, culture and rule of law are getting weaker and weaker. This recent Bloomberg move of paying fines of criminals in Fla so they can vote is diabolical and sounds exactly like something that happened to the Romans.

1 hour ago, Herbivore said:

no, you just get less

So you're hopeful. You see calmer heads prevailing? Can you send me some words of reassurance?

What I see is increasingly what riversco is describing: a totally bifurcated country in two camps with different priorities that cannot understand or talk to each other. Now, I am overseas, as you know, so insulated but I am in absolute terror of what the left has become and what they want and I don't have any faith at all in their good intentions anymore. And then, knowing you, you may well look at the right and see the same thing. How awful the right is! Orange Man Bad is splattered everywhere in apocolyptic terms of rage on the left. Every CNN analyst, every NYT headline. 

Whoever loses this election is prepared to challenge the result.  Both sides. While Trump is guilty of divisional rhetoric, the left is even worse IMO. There is no center. When there was, I was in it. While there are still a number of issues that I align more with the Dems on than the GOP, and under normal circumstances would vote for who was annoying me less, that doesn't work right now. I am so in terror of what the Dems are becoming that its out of the question to support them in the short or middle term.

Help me, if you would, back away from the precipice.

1 hour ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

I would not bank on former and retired military engaging. My neighbor and I were discussing this scenario yesterday. We're both former combat Vets. Soldiers by definition are paid a wage. Even if the military offered to pay our former wages we are staying out of it other than to protect our own property. I've talked to others as well and they want nothing to do with it.

Romans tried to recall former military when things went south. These people said no way by and large.   Years of demeaning the military, lying to them, giving more to non citizens for votes and more political power (sound familiar?). You crapped the bed. Not our problem sort of thing.

As much as I hate to say it the US is just an azz pimple on the azz of civilizations. We've had a good run but it's winding down. Common values, language, culture and rule of law are getting weaker and weaker. This recent Bloomberg move of paying fines of criminals in Fla so they can vote is diabolical and sounds exactly like something that happened to the Romans.

When the evolution of a great society comes under the microscope, they all look terrible.  It all comes down to ruthlessness, which is more than a "civilized" society can handle.  Some people are hounds, and some are lapdogs.  You can't expect a lapdog to comprehend what a hound will do without even thinking. 

4 hours ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

That will be an interesting conversation they will have in 2035.

"What did you do with your life?"
"Me?  I served in the military!"
"Oh!  You're a war hero?!  You fought in the second civil war and saved the republic from the radical left?  I salute you sir you are my he-"
"Naw.  I served before that war.  When the second civil war broke out, I couldn't be bothered.  Didn't believe in the cause.  I took my family and hid in the woods until it blew over."

• Like 2

Well, when you spend 2 yrs in an Army hospital recovering from an assortment of life threatening wounds and surprisingly live despite receiving sub standard care opinions on warfare tend to shift a little.   

4 hours ago, Voltaire said:

So you're hopeful. You see calmer heads prevailing? Can you send me some words of reassurance?

What I see is increasingly what riversco is describing: a totally bifurcated country in two camps with different priorities that cannot understand or talk to each other. Now, I am overseas, as you know, so insulated but I am in absolute terror of what the left has become and what they want and I don't have any faith at all in their good intentions anymore. And then, knowing you, you may well look at the right and see the same thing. How awful the right is! Orange Man Bad is splattered everywhere in apocolyptic terms of rage on the left. Every CNN analyst, every NYT headline. 

Whoever loses this election is prepared to challenge the result.  Both sides. While Trump is guilty of divisional rhetoric, the left is even worse IMO. There is no center. When there was, I was in it. While there are still a number of issues that I align more with the Dems on than the GOP, and under normal circumstances would vote for who was annoying me less, that doesn't work right now. I am so in terror of what the Dems are becoming that its out of the question to support them in the short or middle term.

Help me, if you would, back away from the precipice.

A Civil War is not Happening.  riversco, and a few other righties on this site are not shedding light on anything real.  You are being lead..sadly.  I imagine not being here has a lot to do with it.  I personally know many righties, 2 were in my wedding party.  We are not going to war with each other.  I have 2 homes, one in a lefty town, one in a righty town.  No one in these towns are going to war.  I do not look at positions on the right and think that you have no good intentions.  You yourself said "knowing me", do you believe I have no good intentions.  You also say there are issues you align with the Dems.  So therefore the Dems must have some good intentions?  

It was a let down to see your comment in one of the RBG threads.  Something about people drinking their tears and your piss as you stream on there face.  Something not very real has you on the precipice.  Help yourself and back away.  

• Thanks 1

Full on civil war?  No

However it’s growing more difficult to buy ammo these days.  People are stocking up.  There is a push to at worst Defund the Police (at best significantly reduce them). Also many mayors and governors are turning a blind eye to riots / terrorism / violence.  

At a certain point (threshold) people will be forced to protect themselves, homes and businesses by themself.  This will not end well.  There will be vigilante justice.  Again, not good.  

3 hours ago, Herbivore said:

A Civil War is not Happening.  riversco, and a few other righties on this site are not shedding light on anything real.  You are being lead..sadly.  I imagine not being here has a lot to do with it.  I personally know many righties, 2 were in my wedding party.  We are not going to war with each other.  I have 2 homes, one in a lefty town, one in a righty town.  No one in these towns are going to war.  I do not look at positions on the right and think that you have no good intentions.  You yourself said "knowing me", do you believe I have no good intentions.  You also say there are issues you align with the Dems.  So therefore the Dems must have some good intentions?  

It was a let down to see your comment in one of the RBG threads.  Something about people drinking their tears and your piss as you stream on there face.  Something not very real has you on the precipice.  Help yourself and back away.  

Anecdotal evidence is the WORST kind of evidence.  It is highly misleading at best.  It is telling that you defend your stance using anecdotal evidence. You are defending your view with the weakest argument possible.  If I was told to think one way and evidence I was given was anecdotal, I would think less of that opinion and also suspect the person who gave me that opinion was not smart. 

1. You personally know many righties.
2. You have a home in a righty town.

These are the things less intelligent people use to argue with.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anecdotal_evidence

Anecdotal evidence is evidence from anecdotes: evidence collected in a casual or informal manner and relying heavily or entirely on personal testimony.

Anecdotal evidence is considered the least certain type of scientific information.[14] Researchers may use anecdotal evidence for suggesting new hypotheses, but never as validating evidence.[15]

Anecdotal evidence is often unscientific or pseudoscientific because various forms of cognitive bias may affect the collection or presentation of evidence. For instance, someone who claims to have had an encounter with a supernatural being or alien may present a very vivid story, but this is not falsifiable. This phenomenon can also happen to large groups of people through subjective validation.

Anecdotal evidence is also frequently misinterpreted via the availability heuristic, which leads to an overestimation of prevalence.

1 hour ago, riversco said:

Anecdotal evidence is the WORST kind of evidence.  It is highly misleading at best.  It is telling that you defend your stance using anecdotal evidence. You are defending your view with the weakest argument possible.  If I was told to think one way and evidence I was given was anecdotal, I would think less of that opinion and also suspect the person who gave me that opinion was not smart. 

1. You personally know many righties.
2. You have a home in a righty town.

These are the things less intelligent people use to argue with.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anecdotal_evidence

Anecdotal evidence is evidence from anecdotes: evidence collected in a casual or informal manner and relying heavily or entirely on personal testimony.

Anecdotal evidence is considered the least certain type of scientific information.[14] Researchers may use anecdotal evidence for suggesting new hypotheses, but never as validating evidence.[15]

Anecdotal evidence is often unscientific or pseudoscientific because various forms of cognitive bias may affect the collection or presentation of evidence. For instance, someone who claims to have had an encounter with a supernatural being or alien may present a very vivid story, but this is not falsifiable. This phenomenon can also happen to large groups of people through subjective validation.

Anecdotal evidence is also frequently misinterpreted via the availability heuristic, which leads to an overestimation of prevalence.

Your argument doesn't make it up to weak.  Your first post in this thread is as anecdotal as it gets.  "Some Trump guy said we have no civil discourse, it's gonna be civil war" or something of the the like.  Someone else said yes, its trumps fault.  woop dee doo.  

here is the last sentence of a post of yours..it was the first post I replied to in this thread.  Its on page 4.  and your trying to call out anecdotal evidence...:lol: stfu already.  

riversco..page 4..Usually, tempers flare in the summer and every summer going forward I expect unrest to break out and we're lucky if it doesn't.

4 hours ago, Herbivore said:

That was inappropriate and I suppose I deserve a kick in the backside for that. So thanks. Gah! I am just so pissed off.

If I were stateside, I’d be looking to join a militia. Not an “I want to go to Portland and shoot antifa” militia. Fock Portland, that’s Portland’s problem. More like an “if you take your burning, looting and rioting to Macomb County, I’m going to shoot you like a dog” militia. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

52 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

Your argument doesn't make it up to weak.  Your first post in this thread is as anecdotal as it gets.  "Some Trump guy said we have no civil discourse, it's gonna be civil war" or something of the the like.  Someone else said yes, its trumps fault.  woop dee doo.  

here is the last sentence of a post of yours..it was the first post I replied to in this thread.  Its on page 4.  and your trying to call out anecdotal evidence...:lol: stfu already.  

riversco..page 4..Usually, tempers flare in the summer and every summer going forward I expect unrest to break out and we're lucky if it doesn't.

The crux of my argument for civil war is well-known here and it is not anecdotal.  Widespread loss of trust precedes civil war.  There are plenty of polls out there detailing the collapse in trust in American institutions.  Most recently, we have seen trust in cops collapse. 

1.  You use anecdotal evidence.
2.  You outright lie about my position, claiming it is about anecdotal evidence and fail to give any mention to my core claim that this is about loss of trust.
3.  You then tell me to STFU.

You are a goon.

3 hours ago, Voltaire said:

That was inappropriate and I suppose I deserve a kick in the backside for that. So thanks. Gah! I am just so pissed off.

If I were stateside, I’d be looking to join a militia. Not an “I want to go to Portland and shoot antifa” militia. Fock Portland, that’s Portland’s problem. More like an “if you take your burning, looting and rioting to Macomb County, I’m going to shoot you like a dog” militia. 

:cheers:. I guess the 2nd part there is fine.  Over the top for me, but as I said I don't live in areas where this would occur.  

A focus on Russia and its military activity.  Some of it is almost a month old but I think its flying under the radar and people should be looking at it.  Just to say it right out, in the event of civil war in the US, I firmly believe Russia will come to the aid of the republican faction.  Putin's MO is to send in unmarked vehicles and soldiers with no insignia.  Sneak them in, just get them inside, and then get to work.

https://nypost.com/2020/08/29/russian-sub-aircraft-edge-close-to-alaska-amid-war-games/

Russian sub, aircraft edge close to Alaska amid massive war games
By Eileen AJ Connelly
August 29, 2020 | 7:51pm

The Russian Navy conducted its biggest war games since Soviet times off the coast of Alaska this week, with more than 50 warships and 40 aircraft taking part in the exercises in the Bering Sea.

“Our northern approaches have had an increase in foreign military activity as our competitors continue to expand their military presence and probe our defenses,” said NORAD commander Gen. Glen D. VanHerck. “This year, we’ve conducted more than a dozen intercepts, the most in recent years. The importance of our continued efforts to project air defense operations in and through the north has never been more apparent.”

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/05/politics/trump-putin-relationship/index.html

As world leaders condemn Russian aggression, Trump says he and Putin 'get along'
By Barbara Starr and Jennifer Hansler, CNN
Updated 12:04 AM ET, Sat September 5, 2020

Washington (CNN)As Russian President Vladimir Putin continues his efforts to exert his personal influence around the globe and meddle in American democracy and is accused of using a nerve agent to poison one of his main political opponents, President Donald Trump broke his recent silence on Russia and the attack on Alexey Navalny, calling it "tragic" but emphasizing that he has a good relationship with the Russian leader.

"I don't know exactly what happened. I think it's tragic. It's terrible; it shouldn't happen. We haven't had any proof yet, but I will take a look," Trump said on Friday in a news conference at the White House. In response to further questions on the matter he attempted to deflect to his favorite opponent, claiming that what China is doing is "far worse." And as he had done the night before at a campaign rally in Pennsylvania, he stressed, "I do get along with President Putin."

But the pace and risk posed by Russian actions in recent weeks is worrying top military officials. Moscow has conducted at least five military missions aimed at US forces in locations ranging from the waters off Alaska and the skies over Europe to remote eastern Syria.

So far the White House has offered no explanation for the President's silence in the face of the repeated military provocations. When Hogan Gidley, deputy national press secretary for the Trump campaign, was asked why Trump has not called out the Russians, he told CNN earlier this week, "He's done it, and this is the same song, different verse. He's done it before, he'll do it again."

But experts are unconvinced.

"I think it speaks to the ambiguities of our policy on Russia. Point of fact, the policy overall is pretty good. It could be better, but it's pretty good. But you have the unusual factor of the President's unwillingness to criticize Putin or the Kremlin. And so that makes the policy a little bit unusual, and that's obviously not a positive," Herbst told CNN.

Cliff notes:

1.  If Trump loses the election but says the vote was not legitimate due to fraud, then he is trying to stay in power illegaly and we must forcibly remove him.
2.  If the democrats lose the election but say the vote was not legitimate due to fraud, then it is imperative to start a revolution.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/defense-national-security/john-kerry-trump-victory-could-provoke-a-revolution

John Kerry: Trump victory could provoke a revolution
by Joel Gehrke, Foreign Affairs Reporter |
 | June 19, 2020 10:52 AM

Former Secretary of State John Kerry raised the possibility that a victory by President Trump could provoke a revolution in the United States, claiming that Republicans have a history of denying voting rights to Democratic voters.

“If people don't have adequate access to the ballot, I mean that's the stuff on which revolutions are built,” Kerry said during a virtual appearance at the Copenhagen Democracy Summit. “If you begin to deny people the capacity of your democracy to work, even the Founding Fathers wrote in the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution, we have an inherent right to challenge that. And I'm worried that increasingly, people are disaffected."

Kerry implied that such chicanery contributed to his defeat in 2004 and former Vice President Al Gore’s loss in 2000, maintaining that this pattern unfolded recently in Georgia — an apparent reference to Stacey Abrams’s defeat in the state’s 2018 gubernatorial race. That history, as he views it, undermines U.S. claims to Western leadership.

“We're not meeting the standard that we ought to be meeting, so I'm deeply concerned about protecting the vote,” he said.

ACB

easy as 123

as simple as do re mi

ACB 123

The population is too obese. Pushing 40 plus %. If it was in the upper 20% then yes, I would believe it. 

Can't have civil war with that level of fat assery. They want to eat. They are not going to get involved in the hunger games when all they want is to relieve hunger and stuff their faces daily. Not happening. These fat phucking retards want food. Not civil war.

Major public figures won't stop giving this thread more ammo.

Former Twitter CEO Costolo, who made millions on his capitalist venture, tweeted the other day (since deleted) that capitalists will be put up against the wall and shot during the revolution.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/technology/former-twitter-ceo-capitalists-shot

https://pjmedia.com/culture/bryan-preston/2020/10/01/former-twitter-ceo--costolo-line-up-and-shoot-non-woke-business-leaders-and-hell-happily-do-the-video-n992609

https://twitter.com/elliosch/status/1311482625736019969/photo/1

Time and again.....it is the left that verbalizes and produces action toward violence, all the while blaming those with whom their are ideologically opposed.....

I mean, this is focking sick....and they get away with it, constantly.....enough is enough....

This is by one group called "We the People" and is not widespread.  So far.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-backers-including-flynn-edge-toward-a-call-to-suspend-constitution-to-head-off-biden-taking-office-015446889.html

Trump backers, including Flynn, edge toward a call to 'suspend' Constitution to head off Biden taking office
Caitlin Dickson Reporter
Yahoo News
Wed, December 2, 2020, 5:54 PM PST

Even as prominent Republicans, including Mitch McConnell, began to grudgingly acknowledge that Joe Biden will be the next president, a noisy grassroots movement devoted to keeping Donald Trump in office seemed to be edging closer to advocating seizing power in what would amount to a coup d’état.

The day after a group run by a local Ohio tea party leader took out a full-page ad in the Washington Times calling on Trump to declare martial law and have the military oversee a redo of the presidential election using only paper ballots — a call echoed in a tweet by Gen. Michael Flynn — a raucous “Stop the Steal” rally in suburban Atlanta urged Trump supporters to descend on the statehouse on Thursday and demand the resignations of Georgia’s governor and secretary of state. In a press release announcing the ad published Tuesday by We the People Convention, the group’s president, Tom Zawistowski, said, “We wanted to express our concerns to the President, to the legislators, courts and Congress that We the People will NOT cede our exclusive Constitutional right to elect our Representatives to judges, lawyers, courts, Governors, Secretary’s of State, Congress, corrupt election officials and local politicians, the corrupt media — or Leftist threats of violence!”

“I will see you tomorrow at the state Capitol,” attorney and Trump ally L. Lin Wood told the crowd who had gathered to hear him and former Trump campaign lawyer Sidney Powell speak in Alpharetta, Ga., on Wednesday. “Stay mad as hell! We’re not going to take it anymore!”

Though billed as a press conference, the event had the energy of a Trump rally, with tightly packed throngs of the president’s supporters — sporting significantly more MAGA hats than masks — waving flags and breaking into chants of “USA!” and “Lock him up!”

That slogan was directed at Georgia’s Republican governor, Brian Kemp, who was endorsed by Trump in 2018 and has been a strong supporter of the president, but has refused to intervene in the tabulating of results from his state’s election. The Republican secretary of state, Brad Raffensperger, also a target of derision by Wood and Powell, has maintained that the state’s election was honest and fair.

But Wood — a personal-injury and libel lawyer who has never held elected office — exhorted the crowd that it may be “time to look beyond Republicans and Democrats.” He is not representing Trump or his campaign in court, and Powell, who had been part of the campaign’s legal team, no longer is. Wood insisted he isn’t trying to profit from his efforts for Trump, but an inadvertent clue to his plans might have slipped out when he solicited contributions to his “foundation,” a far-right organization that is helping to defend Kyle Rittenhouse, who is accused of killing two demonstrators at a protest in Kenosha, Wis., in August.

“You don’t have to vote for me,” Wood said, before correcting himself: “You don’t have to give me any money.”

The ad published by We the People Convention in Tuesday’s Washington Times highlights some of the extreme executive measures used by Abraham Lincoln at the start of the Civil War and suggests that Trump must take similarly drastic actions, arguing that “today, the current threat to the United States by the international and domestic socialist/communist left is much more serious than anything Lincoln or our nation has faced in its history — including the civil war.”

Later on, the letter returns to the divide over the election results and cites recent reports of record gun sales in the U.S., stating that, “without a fair vote, we fear, with good reason, the threat of a shooting civil war is imminent.”

10 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

This is by one group called "We the People" and is not widespread.  So far.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-backers-including-flynn-edge-toward-a-call-to-suspend-constitution-to-head-off-biden-taking-office-015446889.html

Trump backers, including Flynn, edge toward a call to 'suspend' Constitution to head off Biden taking office
Caitlin Dickson Reporter
Yahoo News
Wed, December 2, 2020, 5:54 PM PST

Even as prominent Republicans, including Mitch McConnell, began to grudgingly acknowledge that Joe Biden will be the next president, a noisy grassroots movement devoted to keeping Donald Trump in office seemed to be edging closer to advocating seizing power in what would amount to a coup d’état.

The day after a group run by a local Ohio tea party leader took out a full-page ad in the Washington Times calling on Trump to declare martial law and have the military oversee a redo of the presidential election using only paper ballots — a call echoed in a tweet by Gen. Michael Flynn — a raucous “Stop the Steal” rally in suburban Atlanta urged Trump supporters to descend on the statehouse on Thursday and demand the resignations of Georgia’s governor and secretary of state. In a press release announcing the ad published Tuesday by We the People Convention, the group’s president, Tom Zawistowski, said, “We wanted to express our concerns to the President, to the legislators, courts and Congress that We the People will NOT cede our exclusive Constitutional right to elect our Representatives to judges, lawyers, courts, Governors, Secretary’s of State, Congress, corrupt election officials and local politicians, the corrupt media — or Leftist threats of violence!”

“I will see you tomorrow at the state Capitol,” attorney and Trump ally L. Lin Wood told the crowd who had gathered to hear him and former Trump campaign lawyer Sidney Powell speak in Alpharetta, Ga., on Wednesday. “Stay mad as hell! We’re not going to take it anymore!”

Though billed as a press conference, the event had the energy of a Trump rally, with tightly packed throngs of the president’s supporters — sporting significantly more MAGA hats than masks — waving flags and breaking into chants of “USA!” and “Lock him up!”

That slogan was directed at Georgia’s Republican governor, Brian Kemp, who was endorsed by Trump in 2018 and has been a strong supporter of the president, but has refused to intervene in the tabulating of results from his state’s election. The Republican secretary of state, Brad Raffensperger, also a target of derision by Wood and Powell, has maintained that the state’s election was honest and fair.

But Wood — a personal-injury and libel lawyer who has never held elected office — exhorted the crowd that it may be “time to look beyond Republicans and Democrats.” He is not representing Trump or his campaign in court, and Powell, who had been part of the campaign’s legal team, no longer is. Wood insisted he isn’t trying to profit from his efforts for Trump, but an inadvertent clue to his plans might have slipped out when he solicited contributions to his “foundation,” a far-right organization that is helping to defend Kyle Rittenhouse, who is accused of killing two demonstrators at a protest in Kenosha, Wis., in August.

“You don’t have to vote for me,” Wood said, before correcting himself: “You don’t have to give me any money.”

The ad published by We the People Convention in Tuesday’s Washington Times highlights some of the extreme executive measures used by Abraham Lincoln at the start of the Civil War and suggests that Trump must take similarly drastic actions, arguing that “today, the current threat to the United States by the international and domestic socialist/communist left is much more serious than anything Lincoln or our nation has faced in its history — including the civil war.”

Later on, the letter returns to the divide over the election results and cites recent reports of record gun sales in the U.S., stating that, “without a fair vote, we fear, with good reason, the threat of a shooting civil war is imminent.”

Sounds like the civil war will be between sane Republicans and Trump’s cult of personality weirdos.

3 hours ago, MDC said:

Sounds like the civil war will be between sane Republicans and Trump’s cult of personality weirdos.

I think you really don't appreciate what liberals have allowed to fester. I think in the Biden administration they will lose control of their military wing, I think it results in some counter from the right.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I think you really don't appreciate what liberals have allowed to fester. I think in the Biden administration they will lose control of their military wing, I think it results in some counter from the right.

What does this have to do with womanly emotions led sour grapes sore loser Trumptards calling for martial law and an election do-over?

:unsure: 

Just read an article about how the Army had to come out and debunk yet another Trump lawyer bulshit story. Apparently, our special forces did not, I repeat not, engage in a super secret mission to Germany to collect ballot boxes and Destroy them. And none of our forces, were apparently killed in said operation. In fact, the "Kracken" unit that was mentioned by Trump's team as their super magic secret legal weapon consists of newbies who haven't even received their MOS yet.

I'm really glad our FBI, DHS, CIA, and now armed forces have to waste their time swatting down bulshit from Trump Co.

On 9/20/2020 at 5:13 PM, JustinCharge said:

As of this posting, I think the most likely official start of the second civil war will be democrats / antifa storming congress and attacking republicans as they try to vote on RBG's replacement.

Wrong again as usual.

On 9/24/2020 at 9:32 AM, JustinCharge said:

That will be an interesting conversation they will have in 2035.

"What did you do with your life?"
"Me?  I served in the military!"
"Oh!  You're a war hero?!  You fought in the second civil war and saved the republic from the radical left?  I salute you sir you are my he-"
"Naw.  I served before that war.  When the second civil war broke out, I couldn't be bothered.  Didn't believe in the cause.  I took my family and hid in the woods until it blew over."

Shaming someone for hypothetically not fighting in a war you fantasize about.

On 9/24/2020 at 1:34 PM, JustinCharge said:

7 minutes ago, nobody said:

Wrong again as usual.

Shaming someone for hypothetically not fighting in a war you fantasize about.

Initially I laughed at his lunacy, but the more I watch him move the goalposts, change timing, find new issues that he thinks will lead to the next civil war, I fond it more and more entertaining.  

So just let the crazy guy in the corner ramble on.....throw some peanuts at him from time to time.  

How much ammo am I going to need for this war?  Not only that, but what weapons will I need?  I have some shotguns and a .22, will that be enough?

I should probably start digging the moat around my property and building a machine gun nest on my roof soon.

13 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

How much ammo am I going to need for this war?  Not only that, but what weapons will I need?  I have some shotguns and a .22, will that be enough?

I should probably start digging the moat around my property and building a machine gun nest on my roof soon.

You should just surrender to whoever gets to your house first. Offer yourself up as a servant and maybe you will be spared. You can do laundry and stuff for the men. 

19 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You should just surrender to whoever gets to your house first. Offer yourself up as a servant and maybe you will be spared. You can do laundry and stuff for the men. 

Nobody is getting past my moat, so I don't have to worry about that.  It will have sharks with freaking lasers on their heads swimming in it.

31 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Initially I laughed at his lunacy, but the more I watch him move the goalposts, change timing

Oh boy.  Right there, you are getting the absolute wrong message out of all of this.

This ISN'T about timing.  And it never was.  If you are more worried about calling me an idiot because the shooting started in 2023 instead of 2020, you are missing the ENTIRE FOCKING POINT of the thread.  The purpose of this thread is to explore concerns of civil war, try to find solutions to prevent it, and motivate people to prepare for it.  Not to call the exact second it starts.

Holy fock. 

THIS ISNT A GAME.

Go to the playground and play tag if you want that.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JustinCharge said:

Oh boy.  Right there, you are getting the absolute wrong message out of all of this.

This ISN'T about timing.  And it never was.  If you are more worried about calling me an idiot because the shooting started in 2023 instead of 2020, you are missing the ENTIRE FOCKING POINT of the thread.  The purpose of this thread is to explore concerns of civil war, try to find solutions to prevent it, and motivate people to prepare for it.  Not to call the exact second it starts.

Holy fock. 

THIS ISNT A GAME.

Go to the playground and play tag if you want that.

ohhhhh   i think its a game and you are massively entertaining

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

ohhhhh   i think its a game and you are massively entertaining

I don't want to make a game of a war where potentially millions would die.

30 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

I don't want to make a game of a war where potentially millions would die.

Then why were you trying to shame the guy who said he wouldn't fight in your imaginary war?