JustinCharge

Fears of a second civil war grow among democrat & republican pundits

1 minute ago, JustinCharge said:

That will cause civil war.  The people on the right believe in their hearts that a HUUUUUGE problem in this country is the system is trying to strip away the right-wing's freedom of speech.  If you want war, you ban Trump from twitter, facebook, etc.  You close accounts of right wingers on those platforms.  If you want war, you shut down parler.  The right wing does not care about the opinion that these are not free speech violations.  They see it a such.  The way to heal the divide is communication.  People need to talk and listen more with each other.  Destroying communication means the only avenue people have is violence.

I agree that communication is key but what do you do when neither side wants to hear what the other has to say?  How do you get people to be open to other opinions?  What do you do when there are leaders who are fueling the divide?

People are going to have to find the things they can agree on and focus on that first.  I think that will be the first step towards healing.

1 minute ago, JustinCharge said:

One way to calm tensions is for CNN to step up and say "we've gone too far left.  We are hiring conservative commentators as part of our on air talent to that people can have all views expressed".  Stuff like that will stop the right wing from marching and protesting super quick.

That needs to happen with pretty much every news outlet.  CNN, MSNBC, FOX, Newsmax, OAN...

3 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

I don't see JustinCharge calling for war.  I see he's concerned that war is coming.  There's a difference.

I guess wouldn't say calling for it.  Sometimes it seems like he gets excited about it.  Maybe it's just the obsession he has with it that makes it seem that way.

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

I guess wouldn't say calling for it.  Sometimes it seems like he gets excited about it.  Maybe it's just the obsession he has with it that makes it seem that way.

I don't disagree, but I also never thought we'd see what we did last summer.  That was absolutely crazy and we're fortunate there weren't a significant amount of people taking up arms against BLM/Antifa.

3 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

I don't disagree, but I also never thought we'd see what we did last summer.  That was absolutely crazy and we're fortunate there weren't a significant amount of people taking up arms against BLM/Antifa.

How does our nation convince those people that black people are not treated differently than white people?  Any time a black person gets shot by a white cops and it's all over the news we're going to see more problems.  Do we have the media stop reporting on it?  Maybe we need to stop using color to describe people at all.  I don't know what to do.

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I would not doubt that he is sitting there furiously masturbating in his mom's basement at the prospect of a civil war. :lol: 

16 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

How does our nation convince those people that black people are not treated differently than white people?  Any time a black person gets shot by a white cops and it's all over the news we're going to see more problems.  Do we have the media stop reporting on it?  Maybe we need to stop using color to describe people at all.  I don't know what to do.

IMO, it's too late. 

Just now, TheNewGirl said:

IMO, it's too late. 

It's never too late.  Those crazy enough to want war are the minority in this country.

31 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

That needs to happen with pretty much every news outlet.  CNN, MSNBC, FOX, Newsmax, OAN...

Fox has plenty of people from the other camp on. That’s why the hard right hates them.   It’s funny to see people who don’t watch it make this comment. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Fox has plenty of people from the other camp on. That’s why the hard right hates them.   It’s funny to see people who don’t watch it make this comment. 

Got it.  Fox is unbiased. 👍

11 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Got it.  Fox is unbiased. 👍

You said you agreed Fox should hire people from the other camp.  I pointed out they already do. So you’re disagreeing with yourself? 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You said you agreed Fox should hire people from the other camp.  I pointed out they already do. So you’re disagreeing with yourself? 

I didn't say that but I should have explained more.  I was agreeing with the first sentence.  They should admit they have gone too far.

58 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

It is challenging because a false narrative has emerged, it would have been 100% accurate prior to the 1980's.....but it no longer is true, and they know it, but a justification for not being able to compete has to be fabricated, and since there is no actual evidence or truth, they fabricate it.....

Right wingers are buying guns and forming militias across the nation pretty much exactly because they think the government and media are going to never stop blaming right wingers for everything and trying to take away theIr rights. The solution is most definitely NOT shutting down parler and banning right wingers from media platforms and impeaching republican president.  That is inciting a riot. That is creating right wing martyrs.  Impeaching trump again makes him a martyr. 

Right now were posting armed guards in the US capitol which is a disaster waiting to happen.  Thats gonna be another boston massacre.  We need to get those troops out of there immediately or were liable to create martyrs that will be remembered for 250 years. 

22 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

Right now were posting armed guards in the US capitol which is a disaster waiting to happen.  Thats gonna be another boston massacre.  We need to get those troops out of there immediately or were liable to create martyrs that will be remembered for 250 years. 

Nah.  The righties now know that THEY will be held accountable, that the model of summer 2020 where people were allowed to riot, loot, burn and terrorize is only for lefties, and not for them. I am sure it will be quiet

21 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

Who will they me martyrs for?  The general public is going to look at them as the biggest domestic terrorists we have.

51 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

Can’t risk allowing the sore loser Trumpers to run amok. We should put them in internment camps until after Biden’s inauguration, for safety. :thumbsup: 

President Trump: "In light of reports of more demonstrations, I urge that there must be NO violence, NO lawbreaking and NO vandalism of any kind. That is not what I stand for, and it is not what America stands for. I call on ALL Americans to help ease tensions and calm tempers."

If these kooks listen to everything he says, then we should be fine now, no?

There are democratic Congressmen arguing right now to impeach Trump for leading an insurrection.  Several have been calling him (and thus his followers) White Nationalist and White Supremicist.  They are lying and spewing divisive language.  There is not one instance of Trump acting or saying something promoting the superiority of white people or racist toward people.

6 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

President Trump: "In light of reports of more demonstrations, I urge that there must be NO violence, NO lawbreaking and NO vandalism of any kind. That is not what I stand for, and it is not what America stands for. I call on ALL Americans to help ease tensions and calm tempers."

If these kooks listen to everything he says, then we should be fine now, no?

We Follow Orders or People Die - A Few Good Men (6/8) Movie CLIP (1992) HD - YouTube

3 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

There are democratic Congressmen arguing right now to impeach Trump for leading an insurrection.  Several have been calling him (and thus his followers) White Nationalist and White Supremicist.  They are lying and spewing divisive language.  There is not one instance of Trump acting or saying something promoting the superiority of white people or racist toward people.

Have you not been paying attention the past 4 years?  Most of what his opponents say is lies, which is crazy, because there is so much sh!tty stuff to say about the man without making up lies.

1 minute ago, GutterBoy said:

Have you not been paying attention the past 4 years?  Most of what his opponents say is lies, which is crazy, because there is so much sh!tty stuff to say about the man without making up lies.

It’s blown my mind since the beginning. He provides so much ammunition to go against him there is no need to go after half the country. Then again, this is about when he is gone and they can still cling to the white supremacist slur against anyone in the opposition. It’s all you’re going to hear from now on, even more than before. Liberalism doesn’t work without an enemy to point to that you can dehumanize 

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It’s blown my mind since the beginning. He provides so much ammunition to go against him there is no need to go after half the country. Then again, this is about when he is gone and they can still cling to the white supremacist slur against anyone in the opposition. It’s all you’re going to hear from now on, even more than before. Liberalism doesn’t work without an enemy to point to that you can dehumanize 

Keep in mind that these people have been taught, and earnestly believe, that white people are evil and racists and the beneficiaries of systemic racism.....you see that is the only plausible reason that the AA community is struggling..... it just so happens that white people made it extra-special beneficial to asians....I guess.

Hidden behind this is success in this nation is firmly entrenched in who you are and what you do as an individual.  If you obey the laws you do not go to jail, if you are a good person your life is better, if you work hard you earn prosperity......

• Confused 1

I love how aggressively the government is going after the CH protests.  Damn, if they would have done that this summer it would have never happened lol

We're all Americans and if this sh!t doesn't stop we will all pay the price of our arrogance and ignorance together. We need to GTFO of our bubbles and get to work fixing the gigantic mess that we all helped create. There's a lot of people here that go back and forth with slap fights and insults and act as if they are engaging with the enemy. We are not each other's enemy. But we are absolutely doing the work of our enemies by treating each other this way.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fnord said:

We're all Americans and if this sh!t doesn't stop we will all pay the price of our arrogance and ignorance together. We need to GTFO of our bubbles and get to work fixing the gigantic mess that we all helped create. There's a lot of people here that go back and forth with slap fights and insults and act as if they are engaging with the enemy. We are not each other's enemy. But we are absolutely doing the work of our enemies by treating each other this way.

“You can always get one half of the poor to kill the other half” - Boss Tweed, Gangs of New York. 

Hmm, the Joint Chiefs of Staff sent a memo reminding military members that they serve the Constitution and not Trump. 

This reminds me of the film "A Few Good Men", when Tom Cruise asked Jack Nicholson "why the two orders?"  If the marines always follow orders because otherwise people die, then why did he have to give the order that Santiago was not to be touched?  Sometimes people take matters into their own hands?  Why is what a concern if they always follow orders?

In the memo the JCoS sent out, they seemed worried that a faction in the military is about to change their loyalty to Trump.  But why bother unless there is a real concern it is about to happen?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/joint-chiefs-of-staff-condemn-capitol-riot-and-remind-military-to-defend-the-constitution/ar-BB1cJ6sZ

Joint Chiefs of Staff Condemn Capitol Riot and Remind Military to 'Defend the Constitution'

Sean Neumann 8 hrs ago

The country's top military officials sent a rare memo to service members on Tuesday night, condemning last week's pro-Donald Trump riot in the U.S. Capitol and reasserting the military's apolitical role amid a tumultuous time for the nation.

The memo, sent by the Joint Chiefs of Staff to more than a million active-duty service members and the National Guard, describes the insurrection as "a direct assault on the U.S. Congress, the Capitol building, and our Constitutional process."

Tuesday's letter was signed by the country's eight national military leaders, including Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Mark Milley.

"We witnessed actions inside the Capitol building that were inconsistent with the rule of law," the group wrote. "The rights of freedom of speech and assembly do not give anyone the right to resort to violence, sedition and insurrection."

4 hours ago, Fnord said:

Don't EVER get on a pedestal and lecture the rest of the board about slap fights.  All you you is stir up trouble, insult people, and try to shame them.  Don't ever do that.  You need to spend like 5 years issuing nothing but apologizes for the crap you stir up.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

Don't EVER get on a pedestal and lecture the rest of the board about slap fights.  All you you is stir up trouble, insult people, and try to shame them.  Don't ever do that.  You need to spend like 5 years issuing nothing but apologizes for the crap you stir up.

Say what now? 🤣

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, JustinCharge said:

He parcels out reason and your wadded-panty ass unleashes this pantload of total nonsense. Get a grip, dude.

13 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

People are going to have to find the things they can agree on and focus on that first.  

The Bill of Rights.  Thats where it has to start. If we can't agree on those, we're done.  

1 hour ago, JustinCharge said:

Says the guy who's stated goal is to help prevent and brainstorm ways to prevent a civil war.

12 minutes ago, nobody said:

Says the guy who's stated goal is to help prevent and brainstorm ways to prevent a civil war.

Just curious. What if he said 6 years ago people at some point would be storming the capitol building and break inside and cause all of the aoc's in the house to run in horror and talk about how they were close to being assassinated? 

I learned something yesterday. Did anyone else know that Democrats challenged the election in the senate in 2017 on the very first state of Alabama?  And in fact challenged the results of more states than republicans did in 2021?

The attempted objections began immediately, when Rep. James McGovern (D-Mass.) protested Alabama’s electoral votes, citing Russian interference in the presidential election. His declaration drew a sharp round of booing from the Republicans in the chamber.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/no-trump-electoral-college-challenge-233294

42 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

I learned something yesterday. Did anyone else know that Democrats challenged the election in the senate in 2017 on the very first state of Alabama?  And in fact challenged the results of more states than republicans did in 2021?

The attempted objections began immediately, when Rep. James McGovern (D-Mass.) protested Alabama’s electoral votes, citing Russian interference in the presidential election. His declaration drew a sharp round of booing from the Republicans in the chamber.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/no-trump-electoral-college-challenge-233294

I did NOT know this.   That sure is interesting

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

:lol: