JustinCharge

Fears of a second civil war grow among democrat & republican pundits

33 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

These next two years are going to get rough, I gotta had it to the left for just taking/doing  what they want when they run everything while the right is too candy-ass to do anything when they have been in charge.

well this isnt true, but congrats on feeling like a victim

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

The left won't cite specific threats, but issued a general terrorism threat, warns of fake news, and begs the people to spy and report on each other.  This is almost a declaration of war against the American people.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/us-issues-terror-alert-over-171250871.html

US [  democrats  ] issues terror alert over anti-government extremists

Wed, January 27, 2021, 9:12 AM

The US Department of Homeland Security declared a nationwide terrorism alert Wednesday, citing the potential threat from domestic anti-government extremists opposed to Joe Biden as president.

"Information suggests that some ideologically-motivated violent extremists with objections to the exercise of governmental authority and the presidential transition, as well as other perceived grievances fueled by false narratives, could continue to mobilize to incite or commit violence," the department said.

The National Terrorism Advisory System Bulletin said a heightened threat of attack "will persist in the weeks following the successful presidential inauguration," which took place on January 20.

"DHS does not have any information to indicate a specific, credible plot," it said.

"However, violent riots have continued in recent days and we remain concerned that individuals frustrated with the exercise of governmental authority and the presidential transition... could continue to mobilize a broad range of ideologically-motivated actors to incite or commit violence."

The alert said there had been mounting threats since last year from domestic violent extremists motivated by Covid-19 restrictions, Biden's defeat of Donald Trump in the November election, police brutality and illegal immigration.

DHS said these motivations could remain in place for the coming months and that the January 6 attack by Trump supporters on Congress could embolden extremists "to target elected officials and government facilities."

More than 150 people, including members of armed extremist groups, have been arrested since the attack, which has been branded as an insurrection.

The department urged the public to report suspicious activity and threats of violence.

13 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

The left won't cite specific threats, but issued a general terrorism threat, warns of fake news, and begs the people to spy and report on each other.  This is almost a declaration of war against the American people.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/us-issues-terror-alert-over-171250871.html

US [  democrats  ] issues terror alert over anti-government extremists

Wed, January 27, 2021, 9:12 AM

The US Department of Homeland Security declared a nationwide terrorism alert Wednesday, citing the potential threat from domestic anti-government extremists opposed to Joe Biden as president.

"Information suggests that some ideologically-motivated violent extremists with objections to the exercise of governmental authority and the presidential transition, as well as other perceived grievances fueled by false narratives, could continue to mobilize to incite or commit violence," the department said.

The National Terrorism Advisory System Bulletin said a heightened threat of attack "will persist in the weeks following the successful presidential inauguration," which took place on January 20.

"DHS does not have any information to indicate a specific, credible plot," it said.

"However, violent riots have continued in recent days and we remain concerned that individuals frustrated with the exercise of governmental authority and the presidential transition... could continue to mobilize a broad range of ideologically-motivated actors to incite or commit violence."

The alert said there had been mounting threats since last year from domestic violent extremists motivated by Covid-19 restrictions, Biden's defeat of Donald Trump in the November election, police brutality and illegal immigration.

DHS said these motivations could remain in place for the coming months and that the January 6 attack by Trump supporters on Congress could embolden extremists "to target elected officials and government facilities."

More than 150 people, including members of armed extremist groups, have been arrested since the attack, which has been branded as an insurrection.

The department urged the public to report suspicious activity and threats of violence.

Well, there was that little deadly insurrection dustup at the Capitol to underscore that the threat is real. 

15 minutes ago, OldMaid said:

And... he still thinks it’s gonna happen. :lol: 

The BDS has turned his brain into a luke-warm bowl of scrambled eggs. Sad.

1 minute ago, Rusty Syringes said:

The BDS has turned his brain into a luke-warm bowl of scrambled eggs. Sad.

This all predates Biden. I know you like saying BDS but at least make it fit. Clown 

Watching this week’s Frontline about Trump. My God it is so dishonest.  The Liberal media and Big Tech have become way too biased and way too powerful. 

2 minutes ago, Patented Phil said:

Watching this week’s Frontline about Trump. My God it is so dishonest.  The Liberal media and Big Tech have become way too biased and way too powerful. 

I used to love frontline. Haven’t watched anything new in a long time. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I used to love frontline. Haven’t watched anything new in a long time. 

It’s unbelievable. As usual they selectively edit the “very fine people on both sides”. They actually say that he refused to denounce the Nazis. He literally did that a few sentences later and several times after that. It’s like Pravda in the 1970’s. 

3 minutes ago, Patented Phil said:

It’s unbelievable. As usual they selectively edit the “very fine people on both sides”. They actually say that he refused to denounce the Nazis. He literally did that a few sentences later and several times after that. It’s like Pravda in the 1970’s. 

I’d love to ask them why they continue to tell that lie. If Trump was so racist why do you have to make things up? 

18 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I’d love to ask them why they continue to tell that lie. If Trump was so racist why do you have to make things up? 

I’m about 45 minutes in and I can’t believe what I’m seeing. I know these productions are all slanted to tell a certain narrative. I get that. I used to be in the business.  But this is off the charts.  So much is being misrepresented. It’s scary.  The Left is no longer even pretending.  Truly Orwellian, and it won’t end well.

6 minutes ago, Patented Phil said:

I’m about 45 minutes in and I can’t believe what I’m seeing. I know these productions are all slanted to tell a certain narrative. I get that. I used to be in the business.  But this is off the charts.  So much is being misrepresented. It’s scary.  The Left is no longer even pretending.  Truly Orwellian, and it won’t end well.

They want the records left behind to say what they want them to say. The next generation will be convinced America was a racist hellhole for four years, and it started the day he took office. They will never say how good the country was doing before the chinavirus. And the racism never ended because of what he did. It will be a perpetual talking point and political weapon. But don’t ask what he did. 

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

This all predates Biden. I know you like saying BDS but at least make it fit. Clown 

I'll make it fit up your Hardcore troubadour buttocks. 😍

15 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

They want the records left behind to say what they want them to say. The next generation will be convinced America was a racist hellhole for four years, and it started the day he took office. They will never say how good the country was doing before the chinavirus. And the racism never ended because of what he did. It will be a perpetual talking point and political weapon. But don’t ask what he did. 

Look what the left did to Herbert Hoover.  

Before Hoover was president, he was a global superstar.  He organized a private charity to help soldiers in World War I.  Hoover channeled 34 million tons of food, clothing and supplies to refugees in europe in WWI.  But he ran as a republican.  The left completely destroyed him.  Then FDR took over and destroyed the nation.  FDR literally levied massive taxes on businesses when he got in and destroyed what should have been a quick rebound.  FDR literally created the great depression with oppressive taxes that drove the economy crisis on for another 6-8 years.  But you aren't allowed to even discuss it.  

the left feels free to lie and destroy trump and all of its other enemies because the public bought the lies they told about hoover and fdr. 

The Great Depression began before FDR took office. You can say he made it worse, but he didn’t start it. 

Mattis' Bloodlust Will Consume You All

Mattis pretty much stopped just short of calling Trump a traitor and warned of possible internal right wing unrest in the future.  GLARINGLY absent in his remarks is commentary on the CURRENT insurrection and unrest in places like Washington state and Oregon, where left-wing activists attack burn and destroy property and levy death threats on Biden.  Mattis refuses to call them out by name, only right-wing threats.  Mattis is making it perfectly clear it is the right wing that he wants to devour and destroy.

https://news.yahoo.com/mattis-trump-fomented-jan-6-capitol-assault-013320418.html

Former Defense Secretary James Mattis said Thursday the Jan. 6 assault on the Capitol was “fomented” by former President Donald Trump, and exemplified the “internal threats” faced by the U.S. that should be viewed “with every bit as much gravity as the external problems, and perhaps more so.”

Speaking during an online event, Mattis walked through a list of national security threats such as North Korea, Russia, China and international terrorism, but then turned his attention to the U.S.

“There are also internal threats right now,” he said, citing “the lack of unity on the consensual underpinnings of our democracy, and what we saw on Jan. 6, fomented by a sitting president.”

Invoke a terrifying internal and external enemy.

1. Completed : Conservatives, white people, those who verbally oppose them : Example
  2. Another example above

Link

On 1/28/2021 at 11:04 AM, Hardcore troubadour said:

The Great Depression began before FDR took office. You can say he made it worse, but he didn’t start it. 

if FDR doesnt win, its just a crash and recovery.  FDR turned it into the great depression by absolutely strangling new business growth with oppressive taxes.  the left has lied about that for decades.  anyone who tells the truth is ostracized.

18 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

if FDR doesnt win, its just a crash and recovery.  FDR turned it into the great depression by absolutely strangling new business growth with oppressive taxes.  the left has lied about that for decades.  anyone who tells the truth is ostracized.

The dust bowl was a big part of it too. 

21 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The dust bowl was a big part of it too. 

The Dust Bowl was 20 counties around the borders of CO, KS, NM, TX and OK.  It was a bad event but didn't destroy the economy.  The economic losses were $25 million, which is equivalent to $460 million in today's dollars.  That's not something that would destroy the economy. We see companies fail that do far more economic damage than that all the time.

On 1/27/2021 at 7:42 PM, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yes the democrats are concerned about history and records when everyone should be concerned about rebuilding trust.  And banning Trump from twitter, shutting down parler and going after 1/6 rioters and not blm rioters is NOT rebuilding trust in any way whatsoever.  Its making things worse, not better.  you can definitely expect more protests, riots and attacks going forward with this sort of non-response from the Biden era.  Its quite obvious they have no idea how to fix trust and no desire to.

A new record high for gun sales was set in January 2021.  Analysts expect 2021 will smash the all-time record for gun sales.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/03/business/gun-sales-january/index.html

Gun sales in January set a new record after Capitol Hill insurrection

By Chauncey Alcorn, CNN Business

Updated 3:45 PM ET, Wed February 3, 2021

New York (CNN Business)The Capitol Hill insurrection and the inauguration of a Democratic president who campaigned on strengthening gun control measures helped the firearms industry set a January gun sales record last month, according to data released Monday.

Gun merchants sold more than 2 million firearms in January, a 75% increase over the estimated 1.2 million guns sold in January 2020, according to the National Shooting Sports Federation, a firearms industry trade group.

The FBI said it conducted a record 4.3 million background checks in January. If that pace continues, the bureau will complete more than 50 million gun-related background checks by the end of the year, shattering the current record set in 2020, according to a new report from Bespoke Investment Group.

The NSSF, which cross references reported background checks with actual sales figures to come up with its more-accurate, adjusted gun sales data, said three of the top 10 weeks for FBI instant criminal background checks came last month.

The only three months on record when more FBI gun background checks were conducted were January 2013, when Barack Obama was inaugurated for his second term in the wake of the Sandy Hook Elementary school massacre, and this past June and July following the police killing of George Floyd, according to the FBI.

12 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

A new record high for gun sales was set in January 2021.  Analysts expect 2021 will smash the all-time record for gun sales.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/03/business/gun-sales-january/index.html

Gun sales in January set a new record after Capitol Hill insurrection

By Chauncey Alcorn, CNN Business

Updated 3:45 PM ET, Wed February 3, 2021

New York (CNN Business)The Capitol Hill insurrection and the inauguration of a Democratic president who campaigned on strengthening gun control measures helped the firearms industry set a January gun sales record last month, according to data released Monday.

Gun merchants sold more than 2 million firearms in January, a 75% increase over the estimated 1.2 million guns sold in January 2020, according to the National Shooting Sports Federation, a firearms industry trade group.

The FBI said it conducted a record 4.3 million background checks in January. If that pace continues, the bureau will complete more than 50 million gun-related background checks by the end of the year, shattering the current record set in 2020, according to a new report from Bespoke Investment Group.

The NSSF, which cross references reported background checks with actual sales figures to come up with its more-accurate, adjusted gun sales data, said three of the top 10 weeks for FBI instant criminal background checks came last month.

The only three months on record when more FBI gun background checks were conducted were January 2013, when Barack Obama was inaugurated for his second term in the wake of the Sandy Hook Elementary school massacre, and this past June and July following the police killing of George Floyd, according to the FBI.

Yes, we are buying them. We're coming. Hide your kids in the corn crib. We're coming.

• Thanks 1

This is a 12 minute audio.

PBS interviewed US San Diego political scientist Barbara F. Walter looks at the storming of the Capitol and how a second civil war may be looming.  She is writing a book on how the US could be heading for a second civil war.  The book is expected to be published in 2021. While the left continues this odd drumbeat that only the far right is talking about civil war, here is yet another discussion from the left about it.  She sees it as a siege of terror. 

https://www.kpbs.org/news/2021/jan/07/political-scientist-warns-second-civil-war-after-c/

• Haha 2

tacticalgear.com did a bunch of infographics on gun sales in 2020.

https://tacticalgear.com/experts/gun-sales-surge-in-2020-a-state-by-state-look

1. gun sales up 60% from 2019.
2. top 5 states for gun sales:  Texas, Florida, California, Pennsylvania and Virginia
3. top 5 states made up 1/3 of total gun sales in the US.
4. the South made up 45% of gun sales at 45 million.  The northeast sold only 2 million guns for 11%.

23 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

tacticalgear.com did a bunch of infographics on gun sales in 2020.

https://tacticalgear.com/experts/gun-sales-surge-in-2020-a-state-by-state-look

1. gun sales up 60% from 2019.
2. top 5 states for gun sales:  Texas, Florida, California, Pennsylvania and Virginia
3. top 5 states made up 1/3 of total gun sales in the US.
4. the South made up 45% of gun sales at 45 million.  The northeast sold only 2 million guns for 11%.

I just got my gun permit approved. Not sure if I’ll buy a handgun right away or not. Ammo is ridiculous right now. 

Gun sales are way up, finding ammo right now is a little challenging.

I dont think this is "organized" other than a large group of people all seems to feel a legit threat is emerging.....

24 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Gun sales are way up, finding ammo right now is a little challenging.

I dont think this is "organized" other than a large group of people all seems to feel a legit threat is emerging.....

some things are self-organizing.  there need be no communication between any of them.  just arm up and be ready. they all see the problems.

• Haha 1

I bought my first gun last year. I bought a home protection shotgun (and was very lucky to come across it at the time). My wife and I are not anti gun by any means, just never felt like I needed one. We have it loaded and placed in a hard to reach place (we have two grandkids that do come and visit). I have been slowly stocking up on shells, both birdshot and buckshot. Have had it for 9 months or so and still have not shot it. I have shot long barrel shotguns before so I am not terribly concerned. We have been contemplating getting a 9mm which I would feel comfortable using and my wife could use the shotgun if things ever went to hell. 

They have their martyrs now.

I can hear the battle cry already, "Remember those guys who got arrested!"

9 hours ago, nobody said:

They have their martyrs now.

I can hear the battle cry already, "Remember those guys who got arrested!"

They're AAA-rated martyrs, by cracky!

10 hours ago, KayJay1971 said:

I bought my first gun last year. I bought a home protection shotgun (and was very lucky to come across it at the time). My wife and I are not anti gun by any means, just never felt like I needed one. We have it loaded and placed in a hard to reach place (we have two grandkids that do come and visit). I have been slowly stocking up on shells, both birdshot and buckshot. Have had it for 9 months or so and still have not shot it. I have shot long barrel shotguns before so I am not terribly concerned. We have been contemplating getting a 9mm which I would feel comfortable using and my wife could use the shotgun if things ever went to hell. 

Heheh. This entire post is the same for us too, except our first gun was a handgun and now we wonder if we should add a 12 gauge. 

9 hours ago, TheNewGirl said:

Heheh. This entire post is the same for us too, except our first gun was a handgun and now we wonder if we should add a 12 gauge. 

If you want home protection, shotgun is the way to go. 

46 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Not a big fan of this, but as with other things... at this point in time, if it pisses liberals off with something, odds are that it's the right decision.  I mean, couldn't these people just reload the form and say they voted for Trump?  Or, do what I would if the tables were turned... not buy from them and go elsewhere.

21 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Not a big fan of this, but as with other things... at this point in time, if it pisses liberals off with something, odds are that it's the right decision.  I mean, couldn't these people just reload the form and say they voted for Trump?  Or, do what I would if the tables were turned... not buy from them and go elsewhere.

Looks like it’s a trolling attempt and it wouldn’t actually prevent people from purchasing, as long as they change their response. I thought it was pretty funny though.