JustinCharge

Fears of a second civil war grow among democrat & republican pundits

On 9/8/2021 at 7:59 AM, RLLD said:

As society continues to encourage the "woke" banning of people, and states follow suit, it is not a stretch to imagine some kind of grass-roots "conflict" in isolated areas. Hard to see it grow too large.

🕵️‍♂️

The Quartering looked at actress Sarah Silverman calling for the nation to split into 2 nations.  There seems to be some disagreement on Tim Pool.  Some say he wants civil war.  Others say he does not.  Sounds a lot like what I deal with lol.  Also, lots of interesting chatter in the comments section of the video.  Also 6 pages of discussion on an LSU tiger forum?  https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/politics/sarah-silverman-calls-for-a-national-divorce/98375893/

https://nationalfile.com/why-dont-we-break-up-comedian-sarah-silverman-says-america-should-divide-up-into-like-two-or-three-countries/

In an excerpt of the podcast posted to Twitter, Silverman said, “I mean, this may be a negative thought, or a positive one I don’t know, but if people aren’t getting along, like in a relationship, they break up. You know? So why don’t we just, finally just realize that this, these states aren’t working, and like divide up into like two or three countries?”  She added, “Like USA 1 and USA 2? And they can be USA 1, like the conservatives can be USA 1 because they love being number one and it means something to them, and I’d love to have that be theirs, they can be USA 1, we’ll be USA 2, and we’ll be allies.”

Noting that vaccine requirements would likely be a defining issue between the two countries, with hypothetical USA 2 requiring a seemingly endless series of COVID-19 booster shots, she then added, “And you’ll come over here, and we’ll go over there, and you know when you come to certain, many times when you to a different country you have to get a vaccine. That’s that.”

Author Ryan Girdusky noted, “Pat Buchanan was fired for writing ‘Will America Survive Till 2025’ just a few years ago… now breaking up the US is being openly floated and will probably become an increasingly common opinion in the future.”

Girdusky refers to paleoconservative icon and former presidential candidate Pat Buchanan’s 2011 book, “Suicide of a Superpower: Will America Survive to 2025?” The book, released in 2011, apparently led to Buchanan being fired as a paid commentator for MSNBC, before the cable network veered extremely far to the left, as Brian Stelter, now a show host for CNN but then a writer for the New York Times noted in 2012 with an article titled “With Book, Buchanan Set His Fate”.

This will be the same thing as everything else.  When republicans talk about civil war (wether they want it or not) they will be branded as loons.  Once democrats talk about it, it will be considered rational discussion.  You can hard quote this post to the skies.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Tim Hack would be trying to tell you there’s no war going on while you’re actively fighting in it :lol: 

21 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Tim Hack would be trying to tell you there’s no war going on while you’re actively fighting in it :lol: 

Digby would tell you that North Carolina was part of the Union during the first civil war

I see I have a stalker :lol: pathetic it’s Mr Hack himself. We all know he’s pathetic already 

2 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

I see I have a stalker :lol: pathetic it’s Mr Hack himself. We all know he’s pathetic already 

Says the guy bringing me up in a thread I didn’t even post in (the J6 one)

The Atlantic, a major liberal MSM publication, has come out with a big new article that basically agrees with the premise presented in this thread, that the US is on course for a civil war or something similar to that.  (I don't know how you can be "similar" to a civil war and not be a civil war but that's the sort of crazy mental gymnastics the left performs lol).  

https://www.theatlantic.com/notes/2021/08/will-us-pass-point-no-return/619739/

And there is indeed an event looming—probably before the end of this year— that poses almost precisely the same situation as what provoked Caesar’s crossing of the Rubicon: the possible indictment of former president Donald J. Trump.

Now the month prophesied in Trumpian circles for his restoration to the White House has arrived—and with it, the intelligence services are reporting increased online traffic on the subject, including calls for violence, not unlike the uptick in advance of January 6th. It is no coincidence that insurrectionists that day carried banners urging Trump to “Cross the Rubicon” and declaring “The Die Is Cast”— Caesar’s words upon alighting on the Italian side of the river—or that they will be with him to storm the forces of the Republic and ignite a civil war over Trump’s potential indictment: Avoiding criminal prosecution is precisely why Caesar crossed the Rubicon with his army and ignited a civil war 21 centuries ago.

Will the Trumpist party similarly ultimately prevail once they cross the Rubicon? I have been predicting for years that something resembling a civil war will arise and something like Trumpists likely will carry the day in the short-term. But a reactionary philosophy that rejects fact in favor of fantasy, is economically retrograde and socially repugnant to the majority of Americans, can impose its rule for only so long.

• Haha 1

tim pool looks at what he sees as growing secession movements across the nation, with focus on texas and new hmpshire.  apparently 5 state legislators openly support secession in new hampshire, which is a tiny amount but can grow fast.  the big idea in the video is if texas or new hampshire seceeded, there is no action the federal government could take that would not be a pr disaster for the feds.

On 9/17/2021 at 10:55 PM, Kopy said:

Thanks for the picture of her b00bs

:thumbsup:

She is utterly delicious 

21 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Civil War still happening?

Apparently it's already happening.  I don't really know.

34 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Has CNN told us what to think yet?

Just now, RLLD said:

Has CNN told us what to think yet?

No idea.  I don't watch any news channels or visit their websites.

48 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Support for secession is growing.  Support for secession grew from 1850 until the first civil war.  

1 minute ago, JustinCharge said:

Support for secession is growing.  Support for secession grew from 1850 until the first civil war.  

People who want to secede are morons.  We, as a nation, are more spoiled than ever.  Get rid of this two party crap and it will go a long way with the division we have.

The Left are just the tools in the way of the real enemies

43 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

No idea.  I don't watch any news channels or visit their websites.

Sadly, I tend to mostly watch local news only now.  Prior to Trump I mainly watched CNN, then I saw them become a propaganda tool and have just had to abandon national/cable news....

Just now, RLLD said:

Sadly, I tend to mostly watch local news only now.  Prior to Trump I mainly watched CNN, then I saw them become a propaganda tool and have just had to abandon national/cable news....

They all drive me crazy.  All biased and pushing propaganda.  They've turned into talk shows and everyone on them talks over each other.  It's annoying.

33 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

So a bunch of rednecks make noise in the alt-righty news sources and on social media, and this is somehow comparable to what led to the Civil War. 🤣

4 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

They all drive me crazy.  All biased and pushing propaganda.  They've turned into talk shows and everyone on them talks over each other.  It's annoying.

Yep, and it all goes back to Rush Limbaugh and FOX News. Sources had to become biased in order to secure an audience, because balanced news meant alienating almost everybody. 

On 9/17/2021 at 9:00 PM, JustinCharge said:

This will be the same thing as everything else.  When republicans talk about civil war (wether they want it or not) they will be branded as loons.  Once democrats talk about it, it will be considered rational discussion.  You can hard quote this post to the skies.

not to worry, this thread and posts will be tied to you for all your days here

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Yep, and it all goes back to Rush Limbaugh and FOX News. Sources had to become biased in order to secure an audience, because balanced news meant alienating almost everybody. 

Lol news has been biased as long as news has existed.  

28 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

not to worry, this thread and posts will be tied to you for all your days here

I guess it's nice that trying to encourage people to stop a civil war is something I'd be remembered for.  I'd rather it just not happen at all tho

3 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

I guess it's nice that trying to encourage people to stop a civil war is something I'd be remembered for.  I'd rather it just not happen at all tho

I don't think it has ever come off that you're trying to stop a civil war.  If anything, it seems like a civil war is what you are expecting and almost cheering for.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I don't think it has ever come off that you're trying to stop a civil war.  If anything, it seems like a civil war is what you are expecting and almost cheering for.

He is, while saying its not me, its you

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

you are a whackjob so it doesnt concern me that you have the wrong impression of me.   you are just here to stir up trouble.

This is untenable.  51% of Trump voters want secession.  42% of Biden voters want secession.  We can't continue for very much longer like this.  Personally, I'm shocked we got past the 2020 election.  But can this thing make it to the 2022 midterms even?  What is the solution because armed conflict is not it.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/majority-trump-voters-believe-time-160443147.html

Majority of Trump voters believe it's 'time to split the country' in two, new poll finds
Madison Hall,Bryan Metzger
Fri, October 1, 2021, 9:04 AM·3 min read

A new poll has found that 52% of Trump voters want red states to secede.

Eighty percent or more of both Biden and Trump voters fear the effects of the other party's policies, the poll found.

The UVA survey showcases the extreme divisions between the two major US political parties.

Visit Insider's homepage for more stories.

A majority of people who voted for former President Donald Trump are in favor of breaking up the country, a new poll from the University of Virginia Center for Politics has found.

UVA surveyed 2,012 voters - half of whom voted for Trump, the other half for President Joe Biden - in late July in order to better understand the growing split between the Democratic and Republican Parties.

The results show a country at ideological war with itself: More than half of the surveyed Trump voters - approximately 52% - said the "situation is such that I would favor [Blue/Red] states seceding from the union to form their own separate country." Approximately 41% of Biden-voting respondents answered similarly.

Some Republicans have floated proposals to secede from the union, including former Texas GOP chair Allen West. After the Supreme Court rejected a lawsuit spearheaded by the Texas attorney general aimed at overturning the 2020 presidential election results, West said that "perhaps law-abiding states should bond together and form a Union of states that will abide by the constitution."

The survey shows Republicans and Democrats heavily distrust one another, with 80% or more of respondents from each party saying the opposing side presents "a clear and present danger to American democracy." In addition, 80% or more of survey respondents said they're worried they or someone close to them will experience "personal loss or suffering due to the effects" of the opposing party's policies.

An overwhelming number Trump voters in the survey - about 83% - said that society needs to stop the many "radical" and "immoral people trying to ruin things" in the country, further noting that the US needs a "powerful leader in order to destroy the radical and immoral currents" prevalent in society.

Biden voters were less supportive of the same sentiments. For example, 62% of Biden voters at least somewhat agreed that the country needs a "powerful leader in order to destroy the radical and immoral currents" in the country, compared to 82% of Republicans who said the same.

"The divide between Trump and Biden voters is deep, wide, and dangerous," Larry Sabato, the director of UVA's Center for Politics, wrote. "The scope is unprecedented, and it will not be easily fixed."

Even if they can't agree with each other on policy or the direction of the country, around 80% of voters from each side said they preferred democracy over any other style of government.

While it wasn't captured in the survey, both parties also seem to agree on major priorities like modernizing and improving infrastructure, as evidenced by a bipartisan infrastructure bill that passed the Senate in August with 19 GOP votes.

7 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

This is untenable.  51% of Trump voters want secession.  42% of Biden voters want secession.  We can't continue for very much longer like this.  Personally, I'm shocked we got past the 2020 election.  But can this thing make it to the 2022 midterms even?  What is the solution because armed conflict is not it.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/majority-trump-voters-believe-time-160443147.html

Majority of Trump voters believe it's 'time to split the country' in two, new poll finds
Madison Hall,Bryan Metzger
Fri, October 1, 2021, 9:04 AM·3 min read

A new poll has found that 52% of Trump voters want red states to secede.

Eighty percent or more of both Biden and Trump voters fear the effects of the other party's policies, the poll found.

The UVA survey showcases the extreme divisions between the two major US political parties.

Visit Insider's homepage for more stories.

A majority of people who voted for former President Donald Trump are in favor of breaking up the country, a new poll from the University of Virginia Center for Politics has found.

UVA surveyed 2,012 voters - half of whom voted for Trump, the other half for President Joe Biden - in late July in order to better understand the growing split between the Democratic and Republican Parties.

The results show a country at ideological war with itself: More than half of the surveyed Trump voters - approximately 52% - said the "situation is such that I would favor [Blue/Red] states seceding from the union to form their own separate country." Approximately 41% of Biden-voting respondents answered similarly.

Some Republicans have floated proposals to secede from the union, including former Texas GOP chair Allen West. After the Supreme Court rejected a lawsuit spearheaded by the Texas attorney general aimed at overturning the 2020 presidential election results, West said that "perhaps law-abiding states should bond together and form a Union of states that will abide by the constitution."

The survey shows Republicans and Democrats heavily distrust one another, with 80% or more of respondents from each party saying the opposing side presents "a clear and present danger to American democracy." In addition, 80% or more of survey respondents said they're worried they or someone close to them will experience "personal loss or suffering due to the effects" of the opposing party's policies.

An overwhelming number Trump voters in the survey - about 83% - said that society needs to stop the many "radical" and "immoral people trying to ruin things" in the country, further noting that the US needs a "powerful leader in order to destroy the radical and immoral currents" prevalent in society.

Biden voters were less supportive of the same sentiments. For example, 62% of Biden voters at least somewhat agreed that the country needs a "powerful leader in order to destroy the radical and immoral currents" in the country, compared to 82% of Republicans who said the same.

"The divide between Trump and Biden voters is deep, wide, and dangerous," Larry Sabato, the director of UVA's Center for Politics, wrote. "The scope is unprecedented, and it will not be easily fixed."

Even if they can't agree with each other on policy or the direction of the country, around 80% of voters from each side said they preferred democracy over any other style of government.

While it wasn't captured in the survey, both parties also seem to agree on major priorities like modernizing and improving infrastructure, as evidenced by a bipartisan infrastructure bill that passed the Senate in August with 19 GOP votes.

wait a minute, the Supreme Court rejected a proposal from Allen West that would overturn the 2020 election results?  maybe you are right, the libs are forcing this.

10 hours ago, Herbivore said:

wait a minute, the Supreme Court rejected a proposal from Allen West that would overturn the 2020 election results?  maybe you are right, the libs are forcing this.

dumb ass. :doh:

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

you are a whackjob so it doesnt concern me that you have the wrong impression of me.   you are just here to stir up trouble.

😂  I'm a whack job?  That's rich, coming from you.

Why don't you give some examples of me being a whack job?

here again we see this effort on the part of the radical left where if someone not on the left talks about civil war, then they must be accused of wanting civil war, while if someone on the left talks about it, they get a pass.  This seems to be a continuing smear / troll tactic from the radical left.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/people-think-rep-marjorie-taylor-071226731.html

People Think Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene Is ‘Calling For Civil War’ With New Twitter Poll

Lee Moran

Tue, October 12, 2021, 12:12 AM

Critics accused Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) of calling for civil war with her latest controversial tweet.

On Monday, the conspiracy theory-endorsing lawmaker polled her 448,300 Twitter followers on whether they thought America should “have a national divorce.” She offered them three answers; “Yes, by R & D states”; “No, stay together;” and “Undecided.”

As of Tuesday morning, more than 50% of 13,892 respondents said the United States should divorce. Around 38% were against the idea and 10% were undecided.

Some commenters said Greene, a Donald Trump loyalist who has a history of pushing racist conspiracies, was inciting violence with her post. Others poured scorn on how the idea of a split, which was widely panned, would work.

5 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

here again we see this effort on the part of the radical left where if someone not on the left talks about civil war, then they must be accused of wanting civil war, while if someone on the left talks about it, they get a pass.  This seems to be a continuing smear / troll tactic from the radical left.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/people-think-rep-marjorie-taylor-071226731.html

People Think Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene Is ‘Calling For Civil War’ With New Twitter Poll

Lee Moran

Tue, October 12, 2021, 12:12 AM

Critics accused Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) of calling for civil war with her latest controversial tweet.

On Monday, the conspiracy theory-endorsing lawmaker polled her 448,300 Twitter followers on whether they thought America should “have a national divorce.” She offered them three answers; “Yes, by R & D states”; “No, stay together;” and “Undecided.”

As of Tuesday morning, more than 50% of 13,892 respondents said the United States should divorce. Around 38% were against the idea and 10% were undecided.

Some commenters said Greene, a Donald Trump loyalist who has a history of pushing racist conspiracies, was inciting violence with her post. Others poured scorn on how the idea of a split, which was widely panned, would work.

so much dumb here.  most of the comments shared are talking about uniting not dividing.  13k MTG followers do not account to much.  and only half of the knuckleheads who responded said split.  

you might have shared this already, but who the left is putting split/civil war talk out there?

1 hour ago, Herbivore said:

you might have shared this already, but who the left is putting split/civil war talk out there?

this thread has tons of links of lefties talking civil war / split.