JustinCharge

Fears of a second civil war grow among democrat & republican pundits

13 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

there is now some pretty consistent polling suggesting America wants to split.

I would be ok with getting putting white liberals in their own space.  Give them the Pacific Coast and North East.  The rest of us can live is peace.

This thread might very well end up as an interesting piece of human history if civil war happens.  It details the average person and his thought process from well before civil war was even an accepted possibility.  I do think if fighting breaks out in the next few years, people will still post here saying civil war wont happen.  This thread even predates civil unrest by over one full year, so its interesting to browse the thread up until that happened in summer 2020. 

I had an even older thread at FBGs but they purged it.  Too bad.  Lost to history.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I would be ok with getting putting white liberals in their own space.  Give them the Pacific Coast and North East.  The rest of us can live is peace.

The question is if the power brokers are willing to split.  I think public will is there, but not so among the elites.  The elites seem to think they can convert everyone to woke ideology.

21 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

They'd be bankrupt and crying 'Not fair" within 3 years. 

• Like 1

I wrote before that one POSSIBLE outcome of police defunding is that citizens start hiring the mafia for protection.

On 4/30/2021 at 10:53 AM, JustinCharge said:

As I say, if they aren't protected by cops, citizens will eventually start paying the mafia to protect them and hunt these people down.

On 4/19/2021 at 9:15 AM, JustinCharge said:

and this actually happened before in the US.  in the 1930s, there was a kidnapping spree.  police and government didn't do much to stop it.  eventually, citizens start hiring the mob to hunt down the kill kidnappers.  when the police and government saw that trend start, they actually started doing their job.

But that's how life is.  the mob is a second-level of government.  if the government fails to provide services, people naturally turn to the mob to get it instead.  its always been that way.  currently, there is a big need to stop protestors from rioting, burning, looting and attacking.  the government isn't filling that need.  its just a matter of time before gangsters step up imo.

Maybe we aren't there YET, but this scenario might be a lot closer as private citizens are hiring private security firms to protect them more and more in San Francisco.  Some are hiring legal private security, but maybe others are hiring gangsters.  The private security guard in this video had his clientele double from 75 to 150 and charges them $65 per month to patrol from 8PM to 5AM.  So he making $10k per month to drive around.

5 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

I wrote before that one POSSIBLE outcome of police defunding is that citizens start hiring the mafia for protection.

Maybe we aren't there YET, but this scenario might be a lot closer as private citizens are hiring private security firms to protect them more and more in San Francisco.  Some are hiring legal private security, but maybe others are hiring gangsters.  The private security guard in this video had his clientele double from 75 to 150 and charges them $65 per month to patrol from 8PM to 5AM.  So he making $10k per month to drive around.

You get what you vote for.

On 10/12/2021 at 8:32 AM, TBayXXXVII said:

Who will get the debt?

11 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

You get what you vote for.

I think if the private security actually does something, the city will sue them.  that will FORCE citizens to hire the mafia.

Why would we give them anything or split up resources? At the conclusion of the war, registered Democrats or anyone that has ever voted for one is either executed or enslaved. I would prefer having slaves but would be open to execution. 

On 10/12/2021 at 11:44 AM, JustinCharge said:

This thread might very well end up as an interesting piece of human history if civil war happens.  It details the average person and his thought process from well before civil war was even an accepted possibility.  I do think if fighting breaks out in the next few years, people will still post here saying civil war wont happen.  This thread even predates civil unrest by over one full year, so its interesting to browse the thread up until that happened in summer 2020. 

I had an even older thread at FBGs but they purged it.  Too bad.  Lost to history.

Or it will remain the growing, lingering joke that it always has been. 🤣

• Sad 1

On 10/12/2021 at 10:32 AM, TBayXXXVII said:

That didn't work out so well in the 1860s. 😅

• Sad 1

It is wise to learn from history.   There were instances in the past where people thought that it could not happen, and yet it did.

We should remain vigilant against that which the radical left represents.

13 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

That didn't work out so well in the 1860s. 😅

Yeah, you're right.  White liberals screwed things up and we gave them a second chance.  Well, they screwed up again.  I think we need to cut bait and kick them out of the country.

11 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Yeah, you're right.  White liberals screwed things up and we gave them a second chance.  Well, they screwed up again.  I think we need to cut bait and kick them out of the country.

That's some large-scale cancel culture right there. 🤣

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Pimpadeaux said:

That's some large-scale cancel culture right there. 🤣

They started it, we'll finish it.  Don't start no sh!t, there won't be no sh!t. :dunno:

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

They started it, we'll finish it.  Don't start no sh!t, there won't be no sh!t. :dunno:

Isn't it revealing that cancelling is OK so long as your ideology meets the accepted standard.

Do unto others......if you dont like it, dont do it to others....simple really....

1 minute ago, RLLD said:

Isn't it revealing that cancelling is OK so long as your ideology meets the accepted standard.

Do unto others......if you dont like it, dont do it to others....simple really....

Exactly.

2 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

This is why we have a voting system. You have the power to vote out or vote for candidates, and if your candidate loses, there is no need in 😭 about it. 

Suck it up, move on and do what you can to make this country a better place.

🇺🇸

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

This is why we have a voting system. You have the power to vote out or vote for candidates, and if your candidate loses, there is no need in 😭 about it. 

Suck it up, move on and do what you can to make this country a better place.

🇺🇸

That's what I'm trying to do by removing the white liberal.  We get rid of them, the biggest problems of this country go away.

That's what I'm trying to do by removing the white liberal.  We get rid of them, the biggest problems of this country go away.

Getting rid of white liberals will not rid this country of its biggest problem: uncompromising, violent, deluded and ignorant alt-right extremism, like what you're "trying to do" but never will because there aren't nearly enough of you and you'll just wind up in jail or dead, like those poo-flinging Trumpanzees who tried to take over our Capitol and overthrow our government back in January.

But by all means give it your best effort!

5 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Or it will remain the growing, lingering joke that it always has been. 🤣

When this thread began, i would be mocked for saying we are in danger of civil unrest and or civil war.  Now people like you just move the goalpost because weve seen civil unrest.  You are the only joke here.  

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Getting rid of white liberals will not rid this country of its biggest problem: uncompromising, violent, deluded and ignorant alt-right extremism, like what you're "trying to do" but never will because there aren't nearly enough of you and you'll just wind up in jail or dead, like those poo-flinging Trumpanzees who tried to take over our Capitol and overthrow our government back in January.

Right, the 500 people in DC over an 8 hour period are the problem, not the THOUSANDS of people over MONTHS in liberal cities that were allowed to run amok, they're the hope.

Ignorance is bliss on the Left.

45 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Hopefully in upcoming civil war Sam Hyde decapitates you.

46 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

YOU ARE A FOCKING MORON. HTH

50 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Tardboy has spoken. :lol: 🤡

Hmm....What happened again last summer? 🤔

Oh, yeah. Peaceful protests by the peaceful liberals such as tardboy's own self. Let's see if we can recall what happened last year.

George Floyd Riots Caused Record-Setting $2 Billion in Damage, New Report Says. Here’s Why the True Cost Is Even Higher 

https://fee.org/articles/george-floyd-riots-caused-record-setting-2-billion-in-damage-new-report-says-here-s-why-the-true-cost-is-even-higher/

Even beyond face-value insurance costs, riots leave a lasting shadow on a city that haunts its economy for decades.

When George Floyd died while in police custody in late May, most agreed his premature death was a tragedy. Yet the discussion on criminal justice reform that emerged in the weeks after Floyd’s passing was quickly overshadowed by the rioting, looting, and violence that broke out in major cities such as Minneapolis, Seattle, and New York.

Dozens of people were killed or injured in the violent unrest, and thousands of businesses and properties, many minority-owned, were looted, torched, or otherwise vandalized. Only now are we beginning to realize the full cost of the destruction. New reporting from Axios reveals that the total insured property losses incurred during the George Floyd riots will come in at $1 billion to $2 billion.

The US has experienced rioting over racial tensions before, but this report shows that the damage from the latest unrest will far exceed any historical precedent.

“The arson, vandalism and looting... will result in at least $1 billion to $2 billion of paid insurance claims,” Axios reports. “[This will] eclips[e] the record set in Los Angeles in 1992 after the acquittal of the police officers who brutalized Rodney King.”

This @axios graphic shows that the damage incurred during the post-George-Floyd riots will exceed that of any other period of rioting & unrest in American history.

However, there are many reasons that this figure vastly underestimates the true damage wrought by the looting and violence that has broken out in recent months.

For one, the Axios report only measures insured losses. The obvious problem here is that not all the damages were insured.

As I have previously explained, insurance is no panacea for the societal ills imposed by rioting. Indeed, 75 percent of US businesses are under-insured and about 40 percent of small businesses have no insurance at all. Their untold millions in losses don’t show up in the $2 billion figure.

So, too, insurance doesn’t account for the personal pain and suffering caused by rioting. For example, what about the more than 15 people who died during the unrest? Their lives and their families’ pain don’t get counted in any insurance company’s budgetary analysis. Nor does the pain of those such as an elderly businessman punched in the face while his store was ransacked in Kenosha, Wisconsin manifest itself in total reports on insurance compensation.

Moreover, looking at mere insurance totals fails to factor in the lost sales revenue and unpaid labor that businesses victimized by rioters face.

And that’s all without even considering the long-term economic impact rioting has on a community. We must also remember that riots leave a lasting shadow on a city that haunts its economy for decades. The afflicted areas face higher insurance rates, lower property values, higher prices, reduced tax revenue, and decreased economic opportunity.

As I’ve previously summarized, ample research confirms this:

One study of the 1992 Los Angeles riots concluded that not only did the destruction cause $1 billion in initial property damage, over time it led to an economic decline of $3.8 billion in sales activity and at least $125 million in tax revenue.

Moreover, a 2005 study examining similar riots in the 1960s found ‘negative, persistent, and economically significant effects of riots on the value of black-owned housing’ to the degree of ‘a 10 percent decline in the total value of black-owned property in cities.’

And seeing as the new reporting shows that the George Floyd riots were more destructive than the riots in either of the above periods, we can reasonably expect that the long-term economic consequences will be more severe as well.

This important reality shouldn’t be overlooked.

51 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

While I will allow that righty extremists do exist, they are by no means a problem, hell....the far left radicals are the real nuisance of late.

Moreover, unemployment, illegal immigration, inner city povery/crime are far bigger problems and far more worthy of our collective attention.

Not sure where this nonsense of right wing extremism started, but the main example (Janiary 6th) is less of a movement thing so much as a copy cat thing, mimicking that which the left did widely in places like Minneapolis and Portland.

We should all detest both the right wing criminals AND the left wing criminals in much the same way.

1 hour ago, RLLD said:

While I will allow that righty extremists do exist, they are by no means a problem, hell....the far left radicals are the real nuisance of late.

Moreover, unemployment, illegal immigration, inner city povery/crime are far bigger problems and far more worthy of our collective attention.

Not sure where this nonsense of right wing extremism started, but the main example (Janiary 6th) is less of a movement thing so much as a copy cat thing, mimicking that which the left did widely in places like Minneapolis and Portland.

We should all detest both the right wing criminals AND the left wing criminals in much the same way.

I totally agree with the last sentence, which is why it's baffling to me why so many on this board minimize, deflect or defend what happened Jan. 6, unable to accept that two wrongs don't make a right. 

I've been to liberal cities such as San Francisco and Portland, and I don't believe anyone could pay me enough to live in those atrocious cities. 

Right, the 500 people in DC over an 8 hour period are the problem, not the THOUSANDS of people over MONTHS in liberal cities that were allowed to run amok, they're the hope.

Ignorance is bliss on the Left.

500 unarmed people taking selfies and they almost overthrew the government. 😄

The capital selfie fest was like someone calling another person a dumb-head.

The riots last summer were literally destroying people's lives across multiple cities. Over $2B dollars in insurance payouts ALONE.

The deaths and business and other damages to people's livelihoods is something that many many people will never overcome or at the very least need to start completely over from scratch. 

Liberals are so whacked out with TDS that can't even see these facts. You all probably have even seen uneducated blinded liberals on this very site playing the fool on this topic. 

36 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

500 unarmed people taking selfies and they almost overthrew the government. 😄

Thanks for proving my point, and keep minimizing and deflecting. Never mind they wanted to hang the vice president because he wouldn't do what Capt. Crazysauce wanted and get all unconstitutional. 🤣

Trumpanzees never cease to amaze me.

OOOGA! OOOGA!

50 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

I totally agree with the last sentence, which is why it's baffling to me why so many on this board minimize, deflect or defend what happened Jan. 6, unable to accept that two wrongs don't make a right. 

I've been to liberal cities such as San Francisco and Portland, and I don't believe anyone could pay me enough to live in those atrocious cities. 

Both Jan 6th and the rioting was wrong. 

However, only one of those instances/situations was addressed by the media as being an issue or a problem and actually charged people who participated. The other? It was ENCOURAGED that people go out and "protest." 

On 10/19/2021 at 11:36 AM, JustinCharge said:

$120k a year for a full time job that could be dangerous working overnights with no benefits doesn’t sound all that great TBH.

4 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

When this thread began, i would be mocked for saying we are in danger of civil unrest and or civil war.  Now people like you just move the goalpost because weve seen civil unrest.  You are the only joke here.  

Nice bet-hedging pivot, but your thread title says civil war, and this thread is full of your baloney on how and when it will happen, which you so badly want to happen so you can have an I-told-you-so celebration, even though you repeatedly have said this thread's purpose is to come up with ways to avert the civil war you desperately need to prove you're not a modern batsh!t-nutty Don Quixote who gets kicked off message boards for being so. You must be a joy to be around at Thanksgiving. 🤣

24 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

Bored liberals: Civil war will never happen

Bored liberals: Our Government was nearly overthrown on January 6

Meanwhile, bored alt-righties cry about rioters looting liquor stores while their peeps attack the Capitol in hopes of killing their party's vice president and other prominent national leaders, dismissing all that because a few people took selfies while people were getting hurt and killed.

Oooga! Oooga!

1 hour ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Meanwhile, bored alt-righties cry about rioters looting liquor stores while their peeps attack the Capitol in hopes of killing their party's vice president and other prominent national leaders, dismissing all that because a few people took selfies while people were getting hurt and killed.

Oooga! Oooga!

Ignorance is bliss.  You are proof.

Putin (-46) has a better net approval rating among republicans than Biden (-68).

Putin has a higher approval rating than Biden among republicans, 18% to 14%.

Putin (10%-79%) has a higher approval rating among DEMOCRATS than Trump (8%-89%).

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/putin-has-better-favorability-ratings-among-republicans-than-biden-new-polls/

For the record, Putin peaked at 50% approval among republicans in the US, in 2017.  Likely to start turning back around soon.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/204191/putin-image-rises-mostly-among-republicans.aspx

Putin now has higher global leadership ratings than either China's Xi or America's Biden.

Putin: 34%
Xi: 30%
Biden: 30%

https://content.gallup.com/origin/gallupinc/GallupSpaces/Production/Cms/POLL/nhrjlnuhtk-hazsumhnpiw.png

https://news.gallup.com/poll/355979/ratings-record-low-trump-exits-rally-biden.aspx

Putin is clearly setting up to support republicans in a potential civil war in the US.  Edited out some editorializing in the article.

https://news.yahoo.com/russia-targets-fox-news-fans-085134454.html

Julia Davis

June 30, 2021·6 min read

Illustration by Elizabeth Brockway/The Daily Beast

Galvanized by the results of recent American polls and the popularity of Russian President Vladimir Putin with Fox News and its audiences, the Kremlin is proceeding with a new charm offensive targeting Western conservatives. the Kremlin intends to attract Western converts with another type of currency, turning Russia into the land of ultimate political incorrectness, the world’s anti-woke capital.

On Monday, Russia’s Foreign Affairs Minister Sergey Lavrov published an op-ed that left many readers scratching their heads. “In a number of Western countries, students learn at school that Jesus Christ was bisexual,” Lavrov claimed. Aside from a single viral post on TikTok featuring the ramblings of a child, there doesn’t seem to be any suggestion—much less any evidence—of such a curriculum actually being taught.

Far from simple non sequitur, Lavrov’s musings seem to be part of a larger agenda. In fact, they appear to fit squarely within the strategy pursued by the Kremlin’s elaborate propaganda ecosystem.

The topic of inappropriate lessons being taught in Western schools surfaced last week on the state TV show The Evening with Vladimir Soloviev. Margarita Simonyan, editor-in-chief of state media outlet RT, claimed to be personally helping multiple foreign families hoping to relocate to Russia. The reason for their desired move, Simonyan claimed, is what the children are being taught in school. Reminding the audience of Simonyan’s status as a prominent Kremlin insider with direct access to the Russian president, host Vladimir Soloviev immediately hinted that Simonyan ought to speak directly to Putin to expedite the process.

Back in January, the spokeswoman for Russia’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Maria Zakharova, told Soloviev that she has received a flood of inquiries from American Trump supporters imploring her to provide information about obtaining Russian citizenship. She seemed particularly impressed with communications from a certain blogger, who immigrated to the United States from the USSR and was now interested in going back to Russia, allegedly fearing “repressions.” Zakharova didn’t specify whether she was talking about the Russian YouTuber who posted videos at the Capitol on Jan. 6 and subsequently went on Russian state TV to blame “antifa” for the violence.

The Kremlin has long been toying with the idea of attracting Western supporters—and even potential émigrés—to side with Russia, and even move there. A stream of Steven Seagals would fuel Putin’s claim that Western democracies have lost their credibility and appeal. In 2018, a photograph of Trump supporters donning T-shirts that read, “I’d Rather Be A Russian Than A Democrat” was proudly showcased in Russian state media as evidence of the Kremlin’s growing popularity with American Republicans. A recent opinion poll confirmed that Putin is more popular than President Biden among Republican voters.

Simonyan excitedly claimed: “More and more people see our country—and Putin as its leader—as the embodiment of the place they can run to, like the West used to be for former Soviets.” She boasted that her media outlet receives plenty of support from English-speaking audiences, claiming that it proves the massive disenchantment of average Western denizens with their governments and popular ideologies.

Russia’s approach to courting Trump supporters has proven to be quite simple: to appeal to their belief that so-called “political correctness” threatens their livelihoods and even their future. In coming up with their tactics, pro-Kremlin propagandists rely quite heavily on the material pumped out by Fox News, with clips featuring Tucker Carlson regularly appearing on Russia’s most popular state TV programs.

Without even trying to conceal her glee about divisions in Western countries, Simonyan said: “What’s happening there honestly brings me joy. For the first time in Russia’s history—at least in the last 200 years—it has a unique opportunity to become a patron of its own homegrown ideology, which we couldn’t accomplish with communism.”

The head of RT explained the ongoing goal of state propaganda in detail: “Russia is becoming the last refuge of a normal person.” She specified that a normal, “healthy” individual is someone who does not agree with liberal goals and ideas of Western countries, which she described as “totalitarian liberal fascism.” “It’s all such nonsense,” she moaned, referring to American public discourse on cultural appropriation, systemic racism, and LGBTQ rights. The host mockingly proposed the idea of a “heterosexual pride” event, and Simonyan enthusiastically played along. Disregarding damning statistics and contradicting RT’s own reporting, Simonyan boldly claimed that absolutely no discrimination based on gender, ethnicity, race or sexual orientation exists in Russia. “We’re different. I hope we will continue to be different,” she proclaimed.

Other top propagandists like Dmitry Kiselyov have been drawing absurd parallels between the prosecutions of the Capitol rioters and the suicide of John McAfee, claiming that McAfee killed himself because he was so afraid of the corrupt U.S. justice system. “America forever lost its moral leadership in the world,” he argued on his Sunday program Vesti Nedeli on channel Rossiya-1.

The program alleged that white people in America are being “shamed” and subjected to “mass humiliation.” Vesti Nedeli showcased clips from Fox News featuring Tucker Carlson, who claimed that the critical race theory amounts to racism against white people. Earlier in June, popular tabloid Komsomolskaya Pravda opined that President Joe Biden “declared white Americans to be the main enemies of the United States” and vowed that Russia would not help the U.S. in its fight against the proponents of white supremacy.

Shortly after the Capitol riot, the host of the state TV program 60 Minutes, Olga Skabeeva, described the death of Ashli Babbitt as an example of “the negroes lynching the whites.” In the weeks following the attempted Capitol insurrection, Soloviev complained that unlike George Floyd, Babbitt wasn’t buried in a golden coffin and pondered out loud why there was no movement entitled “White Lives Matter.”

With Russia positioning itself as the anti-woke empire, it is ready to reel in more Western supporters by any means necessary. During Soloviev’s show last Friday, Vitaly Tretyakov, dean of the Moscow State University's School of Television, suggested: “It’s time to move on to more active measures—and I don’t mean sending ships into their territorial waters. I mean sending political vessels. Do you want me to spell it out?”

Simonyan quickly interjected, keeping her fellow propagandist from divulging too much. “No need,” she said.