Sign in to follow this  
the lone star

Players That Are "Being Held Back."

well, Duke Johnson is one of those players who has had multiple concussions.  I"m actually surprised hes still in the league.

I'd say if hes being held back it is to preserve his health.

While he has the talent to do more, I think his current role is the best role in terms of preserving the health of the player.  

I think that Carlos Hyde has been held back much of his career.

KC will be the best offense he's ever played in, and I wouldn't be surprised if has the best year of his career.

6 hours ago, Smileseers said:

I think that Carlos Hyde has been held back much of his career.

KC will be the best offense he's ever played in, and I wouldn't be surprised if has the best year of his career.

Depends on if they draft somebody else. Hyde has had some bad situations, but he also got outplayed by other guys or fell out of favor in those stops.

I do think if Hyde goes into this year as the starter in KC he will have the best year of his career.

1 hour ago, Ray_T said:

I do think if Hyde goes into this year as the starter in KC he will have the best year of his career.

for sure, but I don't think he'll be the starter.

I think Hyde can beat out D Williams for the starting job. 

2 minutes ago, weepaws said:

I think Hyde can beat out D Williams for the starting job. 

I think the Chiefs will draft a RB. Well, they should. But let's see. Sometimes rookies don't start right away. Like Hyde was behind Gore, and Chubb was behind Hyde.

Kenyan Drake.  He was a monster during a stretch two years ago.  Apparently the staff didn't think he could be the man.

Jon Ross.   I don't think he is a super star but Dalton is not the guy to pair with his abilities. 

Corey Davis.  I think he could be great with a QB that throws ducks after about 10 yards.

• Thanks 1

Mmm I’m not so sure I see KC going after a rb to start anyway. 

But one never knows. 

This is the season for C Davis to step it up. 

3 hours ago, BobSanders_33 said:

Kenyan Drake.  He was a monster during a stretch two years ago.  Apparently the staff didn't think he could be the man.

This one was a head-scratcher for me last season.  It seemed that he would make big plays whenever they put the ball in his hands.  Not sure why the Dolphins refused to give him more than 5-10 touches per game.  The old coaching staff didn't seem to like big plays.:dunno:

On 3/12/2019 at 11:56 AM, the lone star said:

I think the Chiefs will draft a RB. Well, they should. But let's see. Sometimes rookies don't start right away. Like Hyde was behind Gore, and Chubb was behind Hyde.

I think they need to anyways.   Hyde, when healthy has been excellent, but he does get hurt a lot, so a decent backup is necessary if Hyde is the starter. 

for me the question is whether they sign someone else, or draft someone.

Crowell anyone?

Crowell would be a good back up pick up. 

He wont challenge Hyde or D Williams at this point for the rb1 spot on KC. 

On 3/12/2019 at 2:28 PM, BobSanders_33 said:

Jon Ross.   I don't think he is a super star but Dalton is not the guy to pair with his abilities. 

Corey Davis.  I think he could be great with a QB that throws ducks after about 10 yards.

Drake is a good one. I don't get how the coaching staff underutilized him so badly. How is the NFL so fooled to think Gase is great because he was somewhere in the vicinity of Peyton Mannings SB

RB TEVIN COLEMAN. He split time and carries with Freeman in Atlanta. Now he's one of my 49ers and I think it was a good move for him. We haven't seen McKinnon play yet for the niners and I'm not totally sold on him being the lead back even if he is making more than Coleman.  Some will or may think Coleman's production would be best if he played the same role he did in Atlanta. Shanahan did coach him there and he may try to use him the same way in San Fran.  Personally I think he's gonna take advantage of coming to the Niners and ends up being the best rb for the Niners this year. I say he's the rb to have in fantasy from the 49ers as I think he'll be a good RB2?

Biggest problem with Coleman isn’t his ability, it’s him staying on the field. 

He’s a player that seems to have a hard time playing with little nagging injuries.  

If Mckinnon is ready to return I se a true RBBC, neither of them can stay healthy long enough to be a true rb2.  

They will each have their rb2 games, but not enough to trust in ff football. 

Atleast that’s my opinion.  

Thanks. 

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

Biggest problem with Coleman isn’t his ability, it’s him staying on the field. 

He’s a player that seems to have a hard time playing with little nagging injuries.  

If Mckinnon is ready to return I se a true RBBC, neither of them can stay healthy long enough to be a true rb2.  

They will each have their rb2 games, but not enough to trust in ff football. 

Atleast that’s my opinion.  

Thanks. 

Last year Coleman actually did stay on the field, but he just didn't deliver the numbers he should have

He did play in 16 games, but he still had a hard time staying on the field. 

Again he isn’t someone that seems able to handle nagging injuries.  

And he did avg 4.8 yards per rush, that’s pretty good  

He needs to be tougher imo   

I don’t see that changing because he’s on a new team.  

I still see a RBBC with him and McKinnon   

Thanks  

True, being a 49er fan I have to admit it'll probably be.RBBC and neither McKinnon or Coleman will separate as the lead dog. I still think.Coleman is gonna have the better numbers but we all know RBBC is a fantasy killer. I don't wanna forget about BreIda too.  Looking more and more it'll take 3 backs for Shanahan to get the production he wants. Hopefully he can work some magic.

I forget about Brienda also.  

Yeah it’s going to be a tough one to call every week, anyone of them could be that hot hand. 

TJ Yeldon. 

I think he will get more playing time with an aging McCoy on the Bills roster.  I think he will have a chance to take the starting Gig In Buffalo either this year or next.

I feel hes an underrated player who has more to give than has thus far been asked of him in his career.

I don’t think Yeldon will ever be a rb that can carry a team as it’s main rusher   

He will help in the passing game, he’s good in the passing game, but if McCoy is done they still will need a rb1   

Quite possible.  

I agree hes likely more suited to a 1A type RB position.  I'm actually a bit surprised the Falcons didnt bring him in to take Tevin Colemans spot.

Either way, hes a guy who is capable of starting and that makes him a valuable player.   

right now, hes the best insurance policy the Bills could have signed.

Kenny Golladay is being held back by Stafford's total suckage as a QB and the coaching staff because they suck d1ck.

No I think F Gore is the best pick up. 

He might help McCoy get it together. 

11 hours ago, Ray_T said:

TJ Yeldon. 

I think he will get more playing time with an aging McCoy on the Bills roster.  I think he will have a chance to take the starting Gig In Buffalo either this year or next.

I feel hes an underrated player who has more to give than has thus far been asked of him in his career.

They may TRY to trade Mccoy.  You forgot they added Gore as well.  

TJ Yeldon at best is a 3rd down back here.  

He may be of decent value at some point in the season if injury happens.   A lot depends on if they can trade McCoy.  Hard to imagine going into the year with 3 vet RBs on the roster.  Someone sort of has to play SPTs.

15 hours ago, weepaws said:

I find it hard to believe Gore is still playing.  he turns 36 next month.   Based on this alone, I'd be surprised if the guy plays any kind of a significant role.  hes had a great career, and I respect him, but I think he needs to hang em up.

There is no shame in admitting you cannot play like you did when you were in your 20's.  None of us who are older than 30 can.  

156 att last season with the Colts, and he avg 4.6 per att. 

Yeldon haven’t even been close to that with that many atts. 

But I think he Gore was also brought in for his leadership, and they the Bills need that.  

Expecally mr McCoy. 

4 minutes ago, weepaws said:

But I think he Gore was also brought in for his leadership, and they the Bills need that.  

Expecally mr McCoy. 

I cannot disagree with this.

On 4/22/2019 at 9:10 PM, weepaws said:

I think Gore landed in a pretty good spot. Clearly Shady McCoy is declining. Gore's no spring chicken in football years but I believe he could have a decent year fantasy wise. Could be.a good bye week fill-in depending on the matchup. McCoy is the starter but if he struggles or has health issues Gore will benefit.  He's proved he's a warrior and this could be his best year in a while.