Sign in to follow this  
the lone star

Breakout Candidates For 2019

Wr J Washington Steelers. 

Rb Penny Seahawks. 

Te Herndon Jets. 

B Permian of the Browns. 

If he can stay on the field, he could be a very good target for mr Mayfield. 

• Like 1

Funny you mention Perriman as I actually mentioned him in the other breakout thread (role players). First round pedigree and a blazer who couldn't stay on the field in Baltimore. Gamble that could be had for nothing. 

20 hours ago, weepaws said:

B Permian of the Browns. 

If he can stay on the field, he could be a very good target for mr Mayfield. 

The Browns want him back for a one year "prove it" deal. Understandably, Perriman and his agent want to see what they can get on the open market. The cupboard is extremely bare for outside WR this year in FA. There is a good chance he winds up with a team other than the Browns in 2019. 

I think Bears wr A Miller could be a good candidate going into his second season, he could lead the Bears in rec this coming season. 

Depending on the health of G Olsen, I think I Thomas could be a very good late round te pickup. 

Sanders being injured and with Flacco at Qb, Sutton might repeat last season also. 

Hes a tough one to value right now for me. 

I would like Sutton more with Sanders on the field. 

Perriman did indeed return, and I think it’s a very good move for both the team and Perriman. 

I think he’s found his nfl home, and will have a very talented Qb that can and will go deep. 

Hes going to be a big late round target of mind if he shows up this preseason.  

Of course if he shows up to big, he won’t do very late  

That didn’t take long on my soul   

Now Perriman will suffer with the Bucs and Winston  

But can’t blame him, Beckham and Landry he can’t complete with that  

Hoping Derrick Henry finally figured it out and the last quarter of last season was the prelude to his coming out party.

I would say I hope for Mariota, but I'm tired of saying that every year.

Two that I just traded for are in my breakout camp. Keelan Cole and Tyrell Williams. Now it all depends on where Williams ends up, but I can see him having more importance than he has in LA.

Cole now gets a legit qb to throw to him. Plus, DJ Chark was a pretty good prospect that should develop to make sure all of the coverage isn't on Cole.

Saw that the Colts picked up D Funchess, he now get a real passing Qb with Luck. 

I think he could mature into a very goodd low wr2 with Luck at Qb. 

2 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Two that I just traded for are in my breakout camp. Keelan Cole and Tyrell Williams. Now it all depends on where Williams ends up, but I can see him having more importance than he has in LA.

Cole now gets a legit qb to throw to him. Plus, DJ Chark was a pretty good prospect that should develop to make sure all of the coverage isn't on Cole.

Raiders just signed Tyrell, hello Derek Carr and his  sneaky good fantasy value

He was with the Browns. Not so much with Winston. 

Mayfield would have been a good matchup.  

Evans and Godwin will eat up the targets, I don’t like it m

If I was a T Willams buyer I wouldn’t be happy about him landing with the Raiders, I wanted to see him land with the Colts.  

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

He was with the Browns. Not so much with Winston. 

Mayfield would have been a good matchup.  

Evans and Godwin will eat up the targets, I don’t like it m

If I was a T Willams buyer I wouldn’t be happy about him landing with the Raiders, I wanted to see him land with the Colts.  

Yeah that's what I was hoping. Carr played better down the stretch last year. We will see how the relationship develops. Williams has height, like Crabtree. Idk if Carr will thrive more with a technician in Brown, or a larger target like Williams. Well I don't expect Williams to out produce Brown, but it could be closer than one may think

Perhaps WR Michael Gallup of the Cowboys.

He showed a decent rapport with Dak Prescott on deep passes and has knack for going up and getting the ball, kind of like Dez once did.

I'm not saying he's going to put up number like Dez in his prime but he could do okay in his 2nd season.

I think he's capable of putting up good flex numbers this coming season.

Good news for holders of T Williams stock, J Nelson was let go. 

Now that does make it a better move for T Williams. 

His stock in my own rankings will rise. 

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

Good news for holders of T Williams stock, J Nelson was let go. 

Now that does make it a better move for T Williams. 

His stock in my own rankings will rise. 

I really think the Raiders were one of the better landing spots for him. The numbers for Carr improved in the second half of the season. Their defense isn't going to be any good, so they will be needing to throw a lot. 

With A Brown who’s a target hog and also J Nelson on the team I thought it was a ok move. 

Now with the release of Nelson it’s a good move, Brown is still going to hog the targets, but T Williams can get deep, and without Nelson’s targets diffently a good situation. 

I just dont buy Carr.  I think the Raiders would like to move on.  Gruden signed a 10 year deal and spent years devising how he would attack the NFL in a come back.  Im sure he would like his own guy. 

Murray will go 1st.  But I bet Gruden wishes he was there at 4.  Just a hunch.