Sign in to follow this  
the lone star

Should More Teams Opt To Play 4 WRs Instead Of Putting A Tight End On The Field?

No.  Today's TEs are versatile.   It forces the opposing team to keep an extra LB on the field.  They can stay in to block the edge in max protection or seal the edge on a run.

Also, it is rare that a team has 4 solid receivers to get on the field at the same time. 

No I don’t , not so sure most teams have four WRs better then most teams tes. 

Not all but most. 

10 hours ago, BobSanders_33 said:

No.  Today's TEs are versatile.   It forces the opposing team to keep an extra LB on the field.  They can stay in to block the edge in max protection or seal the edge on a run.

Also, it is rare that a team has 4 solid receivers to get on the field at the same time. 

That's fair. As a Cowboys fan, I've always wanted them to try it out since Dak doesn't like throwing to TEs so much, and he instead just goes for quicker receivers like Amari, Cole, Zeke when he is out there, and he kinda liked Deonte Thompson tbh. I'm hoping Gallup can improve his short area quickness next season.

9 hours ago, weepaws said:

No I don’t , not so sure most teams have four WRs better then most teams tes. 

Not all but most. 

I guess. Some teams don't really have TEs though tbh.

13 minutes ago, BiPolarBear said:

Dallas uses a three tight end set at times. That is a pretty clear indication that one TE or less, is the was to go. 🤣

Pretty much. Now you know what inspired this thread.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, the lone star said:

That's fair. As a Cowboys fan, I've always wanted them to try it out since Dak doesn't like throwing to TEs so much, and he instead just goes for quicker receivers like Amari, Cole, Zeke when he is out there, and he kinda liked Deonte Thompson tbh. I'm hoping Gallup can improve his short area quickness next season.

As a Dak & Gallup dynasty owner, I'm hoping Dak can improve his accuracy on the long ball. At least once every Cowboys game I watched, Gallup beat his man for a sure TD, only to have Dak overthrow him.:mad:

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Vikings4ever said:

As a Dak & Gallup dynasty owner, I'm hoping Dak can improve his accuracy on the long ball. At least once every Cowboys game I watched, Gallup beat his man for a sure TD, only to have Dak overthrow him.:mad:

Pretty much. There were times when he didn't overthrow it though.