Sign in to follow this  
tanatastic

OBJ traded to the Browns!

yea count me in on the giants side of this trade. peppers and a first rounder. fock beckham. 

• Like 1

Wonder if NY is looking to move up in the draft with this added ammo

34 minutes ago, SUXBNME said:

Yet you lack RB depth in that league and Kat Fancy lacks WR talent (sorta)
Trades? hmmm :music_guitarred:

I’ve offered you trades along these lines this offseason and you never responded. 

36 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

Odell to the Browns and Antonio Brown to the Raiders..... morons.  They'll both regret it.

When's the last time a big time WR made a difference on a FA signing? ( Cowboy fans will be here shortly to amari me with potential )  I believe they will regret it

7 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

When's the last time a big time WR made a difference on a FA signing? ( Cowboy fans will be here shortly to amari me with potential )  I believe they will regret it

Neither Brown nor Beckham were free agent signings. Both were trades. 

24 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

Neither Brown nor Beckham were free agent signings. Both were trades. 

That's semantics and you know it . 

22 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

That's semantics and you know it . 

Ok. I’d say Brown and Beckham are transcendent current top 5 WRs of the era. Thinking back 15 years or so, how many times has a top 5 guy changed teams? Off the top of my head, I only came up with 3. Moss, Owens, and Brandon Marshall. 

Moss broke records in NE. Owens dominated both in Phi and Dallas. Marshall had 1,500 yard seasons for the Bears and Jets. 

I’m surely missing someone, but I can’t think of any other transcendent top 5 WRs that moved in their primes. 

What Falcon said. This was a great move for both teams to move and get Obj who is a top 3 guy in his prime. When guys like that have changed teams? Big impact. The browns are now one of the hottest teams in the league on offense and youngest. Giants get pieces to rebuild around Barkley. 

Landry is at his best as the no.2 guy. He can feast on catches and will be a great compliment. They are also great friends,  they not only played together in college but HS too! it couldn’t be a better fit. 

1 hour ago, cbfalcon said:

Ok. I’d say Brown and Beckham are transcendent current top 5 WRs of the era. Thinking back 15 years or so, how many times has a top 5 guy changed teams? Off the top of my head, I only came up with 3. Moss, Owens, and Brandon Marshall. 

Moss broke records in NE. Owens dominated both in Phi and Dallas. Marshall had 1,500 yard seasons for the Bears and Jets. 

I’m surely missing someone, but I can’t think of any other transcendent top 5 WRs that moved in their primes. 

I'm sorry, didn't Marshall first go to MIA from DEN?

11 hours ago, tanatastic said:

Odell at WR and they added Kareem Hunt earlier remember. This is a scary offense now?

If true, yes, it is a scary offense....

9 hours ago, shorepatrol said:

The front office may be great with that but the fans won't be when this implodes with 2 diva WR's

If the Browns win a playoff game next year and end up having to ship Landry because of this move I doubt they’ll care. This is a franchise with 1 appearance and no playoff victories in their 20-year history. 

9 hours ago, Cruzer said:

Phenomenal deal for the Giants. To dump that clown, dump that salary and get a 1st and 3rd? Home run.  

Yep

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

And peppers. It was basically two firsts and a third.

I like the Giants side of this trade. 

Zactly. 

10 hours ago, tanatastic said:

They paid the equivalent of peanuts to get a top 3 wr in his prime. 

A 1st, a 3rd and a former first rounder ain’t peanuts. 

• Thanks 1

Good move for both.  They paid a lot and perhaps got a lot.  Mayfield proved to be a winner without targets, now he has them.

7 hours ago, wiffleball said:

I'm sorry, didn't Marshall first go to MIA from DEN?

And Moss went to the Raiders. But the Raiders were so bad that the entire team has only 7 passing TDs one of those years. 

So I’d argue that the WRs were still capable of making big impacts, so long as they weren’t in all time historic bad situations. Brown and Beckham are transcendent. Sure, maybe their stats take a small hit, but Shorepatrol implied they wouldn’t even “make a difference”. That is ridiculous in my mind when talking about first ballot HOF type talents. 

I wonder if that Rumoured OBJ / Jussie sex tape had anything  to do with it.

I mean, did wonders for Kim K...

14 hours ago, NorthernVike said:

You just know it's killing HT not being able to respond to this thread.  :lol:

:lol:

Baker Mayfield #1 over all next year :o

14 hours ago, NorthernVike said:

You just know it's killing HT not being able to respond to this thread.  :lol:

I missed it - is he on timeout or something? :unsure:

2 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Lost a bet

I wonder which OBJ they traded for? 😇

Clearly Lebron has checked out from the NBA. Maybe he could go back to Cleveland and help them win an NFL title. He'd be the hero of all heroes 

18 hours ago, kutulu said:

Wonder if NY is looking to move up in the draft with this added ammo

For what?  I guess if they like Murray and Arizona doesnt take him.  But they seem to be taking him.  So no real point in moving up.  I suppose they could be scared Raiders or a team moving up take Haskins. 

Stay put and build a team.  Is what they should and will probably do.

5 hours ago, edjr said:

Clearly Lebron has checked out from the NBA. Maybe he could go back to Cleveland and help them win an NFL title. He'd be the hero of all heroes 

i bet he makes a sidelines cameo this season. 

8 hours ago, Cruzer said:

8 hours ago, kutulu said:

Lost a bet

what was the bet?

8 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

what was the bet?

better record Giants VS Bears

• Like 1

is ht going double or nothing next year giants vs browns?

7 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Does Cleveland have no salary cap and a money tree at their disposal?  :dunno:

Everybody worth a crap on their roster are on rookie deals. That's the benefit of being horrible for so long... You don't have anyone you need to resign.

They will be in trouble cap wise in 2-3 years. Better win now.

That seems to be the recepie now in the NFL. Get a good rookie QB, and load up on FA while still on a rookie deal. 

8 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Everybody worth a crap on their roster are on rookie deals. That's the benefit of being horrible for so long... You don't have anyone you need to resign.

That seems to be the recepie now in the NFL. Get a good rookie QB, and load up on FA while still on a rookie deal. 

It's either that or cheat.  :o

5 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

That and hitting on other non qb picks.  Ward and Garrett both very good quick.  

Maybe it is just the perfect storm.  It is Cleveland and they are getting all these guys.  Yet I could never imagine Buffalo landing a bunch of big FAs without wildly over paying.   No one especially stars want to be in Buffalo.  They have to draft well and maybe sign offensive line.   

13 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

That and hitting on other non qb picks.  Ward and Garrett both very good quick.  

Maybe it is just the perfect storm.  It is Cleveland and they are getting all these guys.  Yet I could never imagine Buffalo landing a bunch of big FAs without wildly over paying.   No one especially stars want to be in Buffalo.  They have to draft well and maybe sign offensive line.   

As a Titans fan, I feel your pain. At least we have no income tax and it isn't a frigid wasteland though.

Most big FA are all about the money. And most then want to go to the Marquee teams it seems.