Sign in to follow this  
gitrdun

Ingram

Mark Ingram to the Ravens. I really think this might be the best place for him. Any thoughts on his production in 2019?

Here's what I wrote in the FFToday news blurb...

The Ravens run-heavy scheme with Lamar Jackson at quarterback should allow plenty of opportunities for Ingram to be valued as an RB2 heading into the 2019 season. The Ravens led the league last season with 547 rushing attempts.

Colby is doing a bigger writeup on the fantasy impact of Ingram to Baltimore which should be posted at the site in the morning but I think this is a good landing spot for Ingram. He's got a chance to be the lead back on a run-heavy team and has decent pass catching skills for all the dump-offs from Lamar. 

I think it’s a fantastic landing spot for him. 

Hes going to be the rb1 without question, and he’s going to play with a Qb that can’t throw a down field pass. 

when you think of the ravens and their style of running ingram is perfect and for a good price, he can easily take on 3 down work he improved in the passing game 

If you watched the Ravens play once Lamar Jackson took over they were consistently moving 3 different running backs in and out of the lineup. Of course they were running the ball 3 out of 4 plays so there could be plenty of carries to go around. They do however, like the Gus Bus and I will not be surprised if he still gets 10-12 carries a game. Ingram definitely has value, but I doubt he is a 3 down bell cow next year, not the Ravens style.

Disagree. 

The reason why they kept rotating there Rbs was that they didn’t have one that was worthy of being the true rb1. 

Now Ingram will be that rb1.  

And if Dixon stays clean and healthy I think Edwards will become their rb3. 

3 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Disagree. 

The reason why they kept rotating there Rbs was that they didn’t have one that was worthy of being the true rb1. 

Now Ingram will be that rb1.  

And if Dixon stays clean and healthy I think Edwards will become their rb3. 

Ravens coach John Harbaugh said Gus Edwards is "our No. 1 running back" going into the offseason.

This doesn't come as a surprise, though Harbaugh added the Ravens plan to bring in "some competition." Edwards had a strong finish to his rookie year but lacks the skill-set of a true lead back. Baltimore may look to sign a veteran to pair with Edwards this offseason.

That is the Rotoworld blurb from feb 27th. Hardly a reason to ignore Ingram, he will be the lead back, but if you think he's getting 20-25 carries you are deluding yourself. If you want to spend a 2nd or 3rd rounder on him be my guest, I wouldn't touch him at that price. Now if he is there in the 5th, yeah would be a fine pick there...

Ingram is a complete back.  he can catch passes, and he can run and block.

He will play.   for me the only question is whether he is a pure bellcow, or whether he will share significant carries. 

He will thrive in either situation.  Hes a solid starter.

In a 14 team league non ppr he’s going to be worthy of a third round pick. 

Glad to see coach Harbaugh make a statement about his player back in feb before they pickup Ingram, coaches speak in feb means so little come September. 

No I don’t see Ingram getting 20 plus att per game, but he will get that many and more in some games. 

Gus will get his 10-12 carries in some games and in some more. If you actually watched the Ravens play last year instead of the occasional You Tube Clip you might feel differently... Thanks for the response.

Last years Ravens and how thy will use Edwards, doesn’t have anything at all do it with how they use him this season. 

Ingram wasn’t on the team, and wasn’t Edwards a non factor until Collins was hurt and Dixon was still trying to figure out his life. 

Now the Ravens rb1 this season will be Ingram. 

And thank you for your reply and debate, appreciate it. 

Of Edwards can hold unto being the Ravens rb2 I’m sure he will get 10 plus att per game. 

Ravens wont be passing much, they can’t. So if he can beat out Dixon and I don’t think he will, but we shall see. 

Its more about how the team played once Lamar Jackson took over in the last quarter of the season that I am referencing. The Coach and QB are the same. The Philosophy is the same. I have no illusions that Ingram won't be the lead back, he will and I have said that repeatedly. He just won't be a bell-cow, 3 down back. Harbaugh will be rotating guys, unless Jackson morphs into a pocket passer, then you would have a better chance of being correct. Always fun to debate, hopefully you break your traditions and actually watch football games... 

How the team played after Jackson took over was to run run run. 

Ingram should me in line for a lot of work as the Ravens rb1.  Ingram will be the bell cow , no question about it, that’s why they picked him up  

Personally think the Ravens will regret going all in with Jackson this season as their starting Qb. 

I do watch football games, I just don’t waist ten hours a week doing so.  

Just watching. The highlites gives me just as much luck as anyone. 

Hey thanks for the great reply, this is fun. 

Ok your up? 

I guess our core disagreement is what we consider to be the definition of "Bell Cow". Definitely not worth any further debate, but yes super fun... 🙄

You said to think that Ingram could avg 20-25 atts I would be deluding myself. 

Why does he need to avg 20-25 atts. 

Only The Zeke avg 20 att per game of the top ten yard gainers last season, and the Zeke avg 20 per game. 

Number two Barkely avg 16 att per game. 

Number six was Mccaffery, and he only avg 13 att per game. 

If you add up the att for the top ten Rbs for yards gain in the rushing game they avg 15 plus att per game. 

So if Edwards as the rb2 on the Ravens if he is, was to get those 10-12 plus att I would think Ingram being the Ravens rb1 in which you agree with that Ingram will be would get more, maybe 15 plus att per game that indeed would classify him as a bell cow then on my rankings. And again I would probably draft him earlier then most that post on this board, because it’s a 14 non ppr league. 

I have to think Ingram will get a higher percentage of the touches than he got in New Orleans the last couple years.

I suspect  Ingram will get 14-18 carries a game.  but he will also catch 2-5 passes per game.   in the end that will work out to 16-23 total touches per game with the average being around 19.

This is more than enough for him to be productive.

he should be a mid to high end RB2 with upside.  his value likely tops out as a low end RB1

If you can get him as a mid range RB2 I dont think hes super risky at that point in the draft.  

At Ingram's likely draft day value I will likely pass on him.  Somebody else will take him before I will.

Lamar Jackson rarely passes to the RB, the most I saw was to Dixon three times in one game.  Touch and accuracy simply is not Lamar's game and not part of the Raven's gameplan.

18 hours ago, Smileseers said:

At Ingram's likely draft day value I will likely pass on him.  Somebody else will take him before I will.

Lamar Jackson rarely passes to the RB, the most I saw was to Dixon three times in one game.  Touch and accuracy simply is not Lamar's game and not part of the Raven's gameplan.

No offense, but Dixon may not be the best indicator... dude only played 13% of the offensive snaps.  I'd suggest Dixon's lack of catches is likely because he didnt play enough.  not because of any gameplan the team had in place.

so in my opinion, this stat does not tell us anything.

I'd expect Ingram will be playing upward of 60% of the teams offensive snaps,  and so we are looking at a completely different comparison

Ingram can catch, and is good in the passing game. 

Dixon not so much.