Sign in to follow this  
listen2me 23

++ Update: Tyreek in trouble - No Suspension ++

On 3/18/2019 at 11:32 AM, JohnD. said:

AP 2.0

WTF?!  Dude - you need to research what T. Hill did to his pregnant GF while in college.  He BEAT HER, hoping to cause a miscarriage..

N-O-T even close to what AP did..  👎

20 hours ago, Bills04 said:

WTF?!  Dude - you need to research what T. Hill did to his pregnant GF while in college.  He BEAT HER, hoping to cause a miscarriage..

N-O-T even close to what AP did..  👎

Was talking about the most recent.... you know against a kid... V-E-R-Y close to what AP did.

1 hour ago, JohnD. said:

Was talking about the most recent.... you know against a kid... V-E-R-Y close to what AP did.

it feels more serious to me.   maybe it's the recency bias.   hard to say....

3 hours ago, JohnD. said:

There were a few people who are in favor of using a switch on a child, aka child abuse

Not to make light of a serious subject...

Dynasty league, full PPR, 30 man rosters, start 1 QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, TE, double TE/WR/RB flex, superflex.

Traded Tyreek Hill, 2019 2nd (20th overall), 2019 3rd (30th overall),  2020 5th rder

Received Tyler Boyd, 2019 1st (8th overall), 2020 1st rounder (likely 6-10 overall range), 2019 5th rder (48th overall)

Edit: I feel like I got about 70 cents on the dollar for Hill. I actually just acquired him last year for Chris Godwin, Marlon Mack, 2019 10th overall, 2019 3rd rounder.  Based on that I don't hate cashing him back in.

I live in St. Louis, but KC is more of our adopted team since the Rams left.  I can tell you, the people in Kansas City are NOT happy with this situation.  The radio shows are saying they need to release him as they did with Hunt.  People calling in to the shows (local fans) are saying they need to wait and let the investigation run its course.  The kicker is the Chiefs traded Ford, let go of Berry and released the other LB, partly, to make room for Hill's new massive contract extension.  If they are forced to release him, it will literally set the franchise back a year or two.  They have no one else on the roster who remotely compares to him.  Andy Reid had an offensive juggernaut 6 months ago.  He may be left with a team in shambles soon. 

Hill has been available in my two bigger dynasty leagues since the news first broke.  No one has traded for him yet.  I don't know if the owner is still holding out for a huge return or if people just aren't willing to make a move for him now.

Roto reporting his son has been removed from the home.  If Dept Child Svcs found cause to revoke custody I can't imagine it will be good for his football prospects this year.

Maybe he can keep it tied up in court, but he would probably be put on the mish exempt list.  Of course if he actually broke his son's arm he should be in jail.

On 4/19/2019 at 8:57 AM, ralphster said:

Roto reporting his son has been removed from the home.  If Dept Child Svcs found cause to revoke custody I can't imagine it will be good for his football prospects this year.

Maybe he can keep it tied up in court, but he would probably be put on the mish exempt list.  Of course if he actually broke his son's arm he should be in jail.

Yikes! I've never heard of "child in need of care" cases. I guess this is the procedure he is going through now.

"In cases where criminal conduct is alleged (such as abuse), law enforcement will also be asked to help investigate and criminal action may be the result. If the allegations are such that the child could be "harmed", law enforcement has the authority to take the child into custody. In such cases, the court must hear the case within 72 hours to decide whether the child should remain in custody or go home while the CINC case is pending. In the great majority of cases, DCF works with the family without any court filing or intervention".

• Like 1

Johnson county DA announces no criminal charges will be filed, however the DA believes a crime occurred, they just can't prove anything. The child protective services case is ongoing.

45 minutes ago, Mike FF Today said:

Johnson county DA announces no criminal charges will be filed, however the DA believes a crime occurred, they just can't prove anything. The child protective services case is ongoing.

I guess no one is twisting their arm to file charges..........

On 3/16/2019 at 12:36 PM, lesjroza said:

https://www.kansascity.com/opinion/editorials/article228014084.html

KC Star calling for Hill to be cut if he was was violent

The thing is there is likely NO video (and on the small chance there is, an even smaller chance it will be seen) of this incident, as far as we know just a 3yr old and 2 adults with vested interests.

In several of the recent cases involving domestic violence accusations of NFL players the victim has recanted prior to a court case, possibly as the ramifications become clear. Suspect the same happens here eventually.

The mom of the 3yr old is reportedly pregnant and likely relies on Hill for financial support so what hurts Hill hurts the rest of her family, conceivably.

I'm a bit skeptical Hill gets what is coming to him, if in fact any punishment is even deserved in this case. It almost seems like its just a matter of time though until he is caught being who he has been previously.

Reading between the lines I suspect it is playing out this way with neither adult talking.

Interesting though, in this case can they ever get the kid back if Child Services can't determine who did it and whether the child is safe even with one who didn't?

What about the kids she is pregnant with, would they also now be in the sights of CPS?

Suspect absent  a release we are back to the waiting game for an NFL investigation to complete which will likely take a long time to determine if Hill will be punished under the conduct code 

CPS is all about reunification, it’s their number one job. 

And sometimes it isn’t always right, many a case worker will tell you about cases that they have been on and wanted to remove the child, but they can’t do so, the birth parents have the rights.  

It’s a tough tough situation for everyone involved, but sadly it’s the child or children that end up losing the most. 

uh oh...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thebiglead.com/2019/04/25/tyreek-hill-recording-released-and-details-are-disturbing/amp/

Tyreek Hill Recording Released And Details Are Disturbing

KCTV said the recording of Tyreek Hill and Crystal Espinal was 11 minutes long and the Johnson County DA has the audio now.

Crystal: “He’s terrified of you”

Hill: “He's terrified of me, you should be terrified of me too b****”

Crystal: “He says daddy did it”

On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 9:27 PM, lod001 said:

627695512.jpg?w=560&h=316&crop=1

Look at my grill.  You all are terrified of me grrr....grrrr....grrr.

Chiefs GM Brett Veach: "Tyreek Hill will not take part in any team activities." Says they will gather more info. "We will make the right decision regarding Tyreek Hill."

Wow very very sad situation. 

On 4/25/2019 at 4:54 PM, cmh6476 said:

Well fock

NFL sure had "lucky" timing to dilute the Tyreek news with all the hoopla surrounding the draft

P.F.T. with an article positing the Chiefs should not cut Hill............out of respect for the safety of his girlfriend

What a world

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/04/28/chiefs-nfl-likely-to-take-action-on-tyreek-hill-this-week/

7 hours ago, lesjroza said:

NFL sure had "lucky" timing to dilute the Tyreek news with all the hoopla surrounding the draft

P.F.T. with an article positing the Chiefs should not cut Hill............out of respect for the safety of his girlfriend

What a world

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/04/28/chiefs-nfl-likely-to-take-action-on-tyreek-hill-this-week/

If ever a team needs to cut someone, how is it not this? Well, Hernandez, but seriously? They cut Hunt  for a slap fight that I've seen worse happen on this site, and Hill is a 'wait and see'? If they didn't cut Hunt, I would hold my tongue on this, but jeez, what are they doing?

• Like 1

Tyreek 🖐️ Thanks for the high lights. Not looking good.

Mr Hill, now that you are about to get $50 million in guaranteed money, I think even you can admit that your domestic violence act against the mother of your baby was your greatest mistake in life. 

Tyreek Hill... "hold my beer."

16 hours ago, sderk said:

If ever a team needs to cut someone, how is it not this? Well, Hernandez, but seriously? They cut Hunt  for a slap fight that I've seen worse happen on this site, and Hill is a 'wait and see'? If they didn't cut Hunt, I would hold my tongue on this, but jeez, what are they doing?

for the record, the reason they dumped hunt was not because of what happened.    Apparently it was because they questioned him about it and he lied to the team.

the reality is, it was probably because of both.

Hunt lied about what happen, so he was released because of what happen. 

1 hour ago, Ray_T said:

for the record, the reason they dumped hunt was not because of what happened.    Apparently it was because they questioned him about it and he lied to the team.

the reality is, it was probably because of both.

So Hill was honest?

36 minutes ago, sderk said:

So Hill was honest?

They just don't want to ask him any questions because as dumb as he is, they will see right thru the lies. They are trying to figure out how to get this to go away.

2 hours ago, lod001 said:

They just don't want to ask him any questions because as dumb as he is, they will see right thru the lies. They are trying to figure out how to get this to go away.

So true. Deaf, dumb, blind technique. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lod001 said:

Yeah I think they learned from the Hunt issue. Don't ask so he can't lie

From ESPN...

A response from Hill's attorney basically denying things...

Pettlon addresses that accusation, writing there have been times when Hill has tapped his son on the chest and told him to "man up, buddy" or "don't cry, my man" while denying grabbing his son's arms as part of physical discipline.

"He (Hill) categorically denies he has ever 'punched' his son in the chest or anywhere on his body, or otherwise touched him in the chest in a mean-spirited manner or as a form of discipline," Pettlon wrote.

Pettlon denied Hill played any role in breaking their son's arm. The attorney notes the boy was examined at the hospital and the injury was considered an accident.

Hill also denies Espinal's claim that their son is "terrified" of him, with Pettlon adding that this was a claim he was hearing from Espinal for the first time. Pettlon address Hill's response from the audio, in which the wide receiver tells Espinal "You need to be terrified of me, too, b----," and write that Hill's comment was "inexcusable."

Pettlon also cites text messages between Hill and Espinal, saying Espinal admitted to leaving marks on their son while spanking him.

so its looking like a he said, she said thing?

Hill isn't as guilty as the worst case abuse scenario, and his fiance isn't as innocent as she may have seemed at first. The situation is really bad for their kid, obviously. They need to end the crazy for the kids sake and for their twins sake

37 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Hill isn't as guilty as the worst case abuse scenario, and his fiance isn't as innocent as she may have seemed at first. The situation is really bad for their kid, obviously. They need to end the crazy for the kids sake and for their twins sake

Ok, ff question to you sir, where do you have Foles ranked in your Qb rankings?  

Thanks for your replay. 

11 hours ago, weepaws said:

Ok, ff question to you sir, where do you have Foles ranked in your Qb rankings?  

Thanks for your replay. 

I really am not sure where I would put him. I don't expect huge things being on the Jags, but it was nice to see them grab some offensive line help. At best I would probably put him around 15.

Thanks for the reply.

I know you’ve been in his corner about him him getting a starting job, and so I was looking at rosters at the Qb postion and was wondering  about ranking him.  

And I saw you post so I thought I would get ideal from someone that’s been backing him  as a nfl starter. 

Thanks I appreciate it.  

The situation just gets more clouded, and I feel even worse for the kid. Espinal us obviously not the model citizen herself. She lied to the police originally, and then she basically admits it in a recording. She now either has to officially admit she lied, or she has to go into full defense mode and claim she was fearful for her safety. 

If the abuse is all on Hill, she needs to forget about his NFL pay and get her and the kids away from the situation. Since it sounds like she has a hand in it herself, I just hope both of them receive counseling for the kids sake.

People are insane about this. Demanding the league act now and suspend him. I don't see what the rush is since he has already been barred from team activities. Maybe they suspend him for 6 games, and then more evidence comes out showing he should be suspended even longer. Maybe evidence comes out and shows he wasn't as guilty as people initially thought, and the league decides it only warrants a 4 game suspension. The rush to get this guy suspended before there is a clear understanding of what has happened doesn't make any sense

I agree that the nfl needs to wait for more info to emerge before making a decision.  

But when it comes to ff it would be nice to have a time frame of a suspension.  

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001033074/article/criminal-case-against-tyreek-hill-no-longer-active

Tyreek hill file no longer active.  looks like there is insufficient evidence to convict.

worth noting here,  to be convicted criminally, you need to be proven guilty beyond reasonable doubt.

to be suspended or sued in civil court, I think the odds are more based on a balance of probabilities.