Sign in to follow this  
listen2me 23

++ Update: Tyreek in trouble - No Suspension ++

11 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

worth noting here,  to be convicted criminally, you need to be proven guilty beyond reasonable doubt.

to be suspended or sued in civil court, I think the odds are more based on a balance of probabilities.

He will be suspended still, as he should be. It's probably only for what he said about Espinal being afraid of him.

I took him at 5.04 in a startup yesterday when a blurb broke about him playing in 2019.

Wait they can now suspend players for what they say, oh it’s getting tougher. 

What he said is wrong, but did he do anything wrong, if not you can’t suspend him for what he said, I mean can they really, just for saying she should fear him.  

I think him saying what he said is wrong, but suspension, I wou,d disagree. 

17 hours ago, weepaws said:

Wait they can now suspend players for what they say, oh it’s getting tougher. 

What he said is wrong, but did he do anything wrong, if not you can’t suspend him for what he said, I mean can they really, just for saying she should fear him.  

I think him saying what he said is wrong, but suspension, I wou,d disagree. 

I think it will be good for him to receive a suspension for saying that. I hope it gets to him and he realizes that he needs to shape the F up. I also hope that he and his fiance get counseling on how to handle their children. Belting a 3 year old is disgusting behavior imo. My daughter just turned 4, and I couldn't imagine belting her. She is extremely well behaved and never even been spanked one time. I know my son will be the same way.

I also believe that a lot of people will lose their minds if the NFL doesn't suspend him for at least a few games. If they suspend him 6 games, then that should pacify most people and allow for this all to pass over. People love getting angry about things, until enough time passes, and then they don't care, for the most part. Hunt is the perfect example. The Chiefs were applauded for cutting him, and the Browns are now the savvy team for adding him right away.

On 6/7/2019 at 3:57 PM, Frozenbeernuts said:

He will be suspended still, as he should be. It's probably only for what he said about Espinal being afraid of him.

I took him at 5.04 in a startup yesterday when a blurb broke about him playing in 2019.

It appears the guy is a piece of garbage. But he is not charged with anything. How can the league suspend him other than for him saying "you should be afraid of me". That sets a messed up precedence. Honestly, I don't care at all if that dude ever plays again in the league, but what has been found out that he has done wrong? Saying, " you should be afraid of me"? 

It's a strange situation. That dude is easy to dislike, but, no legal action against, and simply an argument with his wife is all that is proved. And honestly, I would not miss the guy if he was gone tomorrow. 

I would agree, I don’t see how they can your would suspend on a verbal conversation with the wife.  

I also agree, he’s not a good guy, and I do disagree with what he said to his wife, but I don’t see a suspension from it. 

I guess the closest comp could be to Riley Cooper. He was never suspended for using a racial slur. 

Goodell can do whatever he wants as far as the suspension. Hill has a past criminal incident with his fiance, which Goodell will take into account. If Hill receives zero suspension time, people will lose their mind, and the NFL may find itself with another boycott moment. 

There are quite a few voices calling for all out banishment, which is absolutely ridiculous. It would make the children's lives even worse if their dad cant make money doing the one thing he is good at, on top of not having the NFL's rehabilitation/counseling connections to fall back on. 

so, aside from no criiminal charges,  can someone tell us how the investigation of his child's broken arm concluded?  What were the findings?  How, exactly, did the broken arm occur?

WHB EXCLUSIVE: TYREEK HILL DID NOT BREAK SON’S ARM
By Kevin Kietzman

Chiefs wide receiver Tyreek Hill did not break his three-year-old son’s arm last January, and neither did his fiancée, Crystal Espinal. According to multiple sources close to the investigation, Hill and Espinal were cleared of any role in the broken bone injury almost immediately after the investigation began in March.

Investigators quickly agreed with the medical staff that the broken bone was the result of typical accident involving a rambunctious toddler, consistent with reaching out to brace for a fall.

The investigation into Hill and Espinal began weeks after the broken bone was first treated, when Espinal, according to sources, asked a third party to call authorities and tell them that Hill was responsible for the boy’s injury. Espinal has admitted she was trying to shame Hill because in her mind, he had become too controlling and abusive again in their long and stormy relationship.

Hill and Espinal are currently separated and neither has custody of the boy at this time.

The investigation into the couple’s parenting accelerated when Overland Park police checked on the boy in March and found bruises and welts on his body. Both Hill and Espinal have admitted to investigators that they spanked the 3 year old with their hands and a belt, but prosecutors can’t determine for sure which parent, or if both, went too far.

In April Johnson County District Attorney Steve Howe held a press conference to announce criminal charges wouldn’t be brought against Hill or Espinal but stated he believed a crime was committed against the boy and it was believed the crime was about the broken arm. It was not. Howe’s team has halted working on the case as they still can’t bring charges for bruising and harming the boy.

During the news conference Howe said several times that he could not comment about any injuries to the boy whose privacy is protected by law.

Howe did not respond to a request for comment and Chiefs President Mark Donovan declined to comment on this story.

KCTV5 obtained audio in which Espinal secretly recorded a conversation between her and Hill discussing their son’s injury. According to KCTV, the recording was an attempt by Espinal to gain leverage in the relationship and assure her that Hill would always financially support her. The sources also told Sports Radio 810 that Espinal shared the audio with a person close to her because she feared for her life.

On the recording, Hill, who was previously convicted of a felony after battering Espinal, can be heard telling her, “You need to be terrified of me too, dumb ,” after she told him their son was terrified of Hill.

Hill is currently employed by the Chiefs but was suspended from team activities after club officials heard the recording.

Shortly after the suspension by the team, Hill’s attorney sent a letter to the NFL offices, the Chiefs and the NFLPA to explain much of what was said on the recording. While the letter attempts to deny many of the things asserted in the audio, it does admit Hill’s comment that Espinal should be “terrified” of him is inexcusable. The attorney explains in the letter that Hill has been attending individual and family counseling to improve his life and become a better parent.

The Kansas Department for Children and Families continues its investigation in the case of the bruising and welts, but since the case involves a minor its documents are sealed.

At the league’s Spring League Meeting in May, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said the league is investigating but they are waiting on the DCF case to resolve before making any decisions regarding Hill’s future in football. There have been many recent cases in which the league hands out discipline even though no one has been charged or found guilty of a crime.

Chiefs mandatory mini-camp is this week in Kansas City, stay tuned to Sports Radio 810 WHB for updates on this developing story.

http://www.810whb.com/2019/06/10/whb-exclusive-tyreek-hill-did-not-break-sons-arm/

15 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

"The investigation into the couple’s parenting accelerated when Overland Park police checked on the boy in March and found bruises and welts on his body. Both Hill and Espinal have admitted to investigators that they spanked the 3 year old with their hands and a belt, but prosecutors can’t determine for sure which parent, or if both, went too far."

So these parents use a belt to discipline a 3 year old to the point of inflicting bruises and welts?  They should both be serving time. And lose their kid permanently.

2 hours ago, sderk said:

"The investigation into the couple’s parenting accelerated when Overland Park police checked on the boy in March and found bruises and welts on his body. Both Hill and Espinal have admitted to investigators that they spanked the 3 year old with their hands and a belt, but prosecutors can’t determine for sure which parent, or if both, went too far."

So these parents use a belt to discipline a 3 year old to the point of inflicting bruises and welts?  They should both be serving time. And lose their kid permanently.

Losing their kids is too extreme at this point. The Foster system is a pretty rough place to be. I would go the counseling and rehab route before that happens

39 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Losing their kids is too extreme at this point. The Foster system is a pretty rough place to be. I would go the counseling and rehab route before that happens

Yeah. I get it. And the kid will be growing up with a parent who has money at least.

But a 3 year old getting beaten to the point of welts? And now the parents are separated and will fight for the next 15 years+. Some people should just never have kids. 

Hill was convicted of felony battery after he choked and beat this woman 3 years ago while she was pregnant with the now 3 year old son.

The woman is currently pregnant with twins.

Hill has no business playing football or doing anything other than seeking help for his issues and atoning for his actions.

25 minutes ago, ralphster said:

Hill was convicted of felony battery after he choked and beat this woman 3 years ago while she was pregnant with the now 3 year old son.

Hill has no business playing football or doing anything other than seeking help for his issues and atoning for his actions.

It's amazing that the Chiefs so quickly cut Hunt for what was basically a college dorm hallway slap fight but are waiting on this to decide about Hill. Especially after the audio came out. 

1 hour ago, ralphster said:

I dont see how it helps the kids to take away Hills income though? I would only imagine the situation would get worse if he didn't have the money to pay for counseling, or the league to provide whatever services he needs. In some cultures its normal to use corporal punishment and beat their kids. I think it's wrong, but if Hill and Espinal have only known violence their whole lives, it's not surprising their son is disciplined this way. 

Their son probably has a much MUCH better shot at being treated appropriately with Hill in the NFL. 

13 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I dont see how it helps the kids to take away Hills income though? I would only imagine the situation would get worse if he didn't have the money to pay for counseling, or the league to provide whatever services he needs. In some cultures its normal to use corporal punishment and beat their kids. I think it's wrong, but if Hill and Espinal have only known violence their whole lives, it's not surprising their son is disciplined this way. 

Their son probably has a much MUCH better shot at being treated appropriately with Hill in the NFL. 

You make fair points but just because a kid may be better off with his dad's money coming in, it doesn't excuse not bringing someone to justice for the horror he has been causing. What kind of behavior is this kid learning is acceptable in society? When he turns 18, will he be beating up his GF because this is what he is being taught is normal everyday stuff? I imagine Tyreek Hill has already made a couple million over his career so far, let him learn through his own methods,  "tough love" in this case, also applies to him. Otherwise, what incentive does he have to stop? He beat his wife, now he's beating his kid. Two more kids on the way did someone say? If he gets away with this, he will only be learning that he gets away with stuff that others go to jail for. Because he is a popular football player.

5 minutes ago, sderk said:

You make fair points but just because a kid may be better off with his dad's money coming in, it doesn't excuse not bringing someone to justice for the horror he has been causing. What kind of behavior is this kid learning is acceptable in society? When he turns 18, will he be beating up his GF because this is what he is being taught is normal everyday stuff? I imagine Tyreek Hill has already made a couple million over his career so far, let him learn through his own methods,  "tough love" in this case, also applies to him. Otherwise, what incentive does he have to stop? He beat his wife, now he's beating his kid. Two more kids on the way did someone say? If he gets away with this, he will only be learning that he gets away with stuff that others go to jail for.

Im only speaking in terms of banishment from the NFL. If he legitimately deserves jail time then he should serve it. If the commissioner decides he should be suspended, then that's fine too. All out banishment though, that would be worse for the kids than anything else

4 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Im only speaking in terms of banishment from the NFL. If he legitimately deserves jail time then he should serve it. If the commissioner decides he should be suspended, then that's fine too. All out banishment though, that would be worse for the kids than anything else

If you look at it like the League itself is the employer, which it is, then instead of using the term banishment, you might just look at it as, that company simply fired him for conduct not becoming of the image they want to portray. I don't have enough knowledge of the situation to determine if the guy has a good heart or not, but in my company, the guy would probably have been canned. Even if he was a very important asset. I don't think the NFL is above the company I work for, as the compamy I work for employess 450,000 people from around the globe. And it's not above companies that even have 5 employees.  

Somehow, the player employees of the NFL seem to get a pass on things more than most employees of other businesses.

32 minutes ago, sderk said:

If you look at it like the League itself is the employer, which it is, then instead of using the term banishment, you might just look at it as, that company simply fired him for conduct not becoming of the image they want to portray. I don't have enough knowledge of the situation to determine if the guy has a good heart or not, but in my company, the guy would probably have been canned. Even if he was a very important asset. I don't think the NFL is above the company I work for, as the compamy I work for employess 450,000 people from around the globe. And it's not above companies that even have 5 employees.  

Somehow, the player employees of the NFL seem to get a pass on things more than most employees of other businesses.

Dante Stallworth killed someonen while driving under the influence and was allowed back in the league. Right or wrong, what Hill did was nowhere near as bad. Stallworth ended up with a one year ban, and then he came back. I know for a fact that even if the Chiefs don't resign Hill while he is an UDFA, someone will. Someone will look past his transgressions and decide his freakish talent is too valuable to keep him on the street. I want to see Hill play again. Why? Because he is so good and brings so much excitement to the game. I want him to get legit counseling and turn himself around. I think the game is worse off without him. He deserves another chance to prove he can change. 

14 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Dante Stallworth killed someonen while driving under the influence and was allowed back in the league. Right or wrong, what Hill did was nowhere near as bad. Stallworth ended up with a one year ban, and then he came back. I know for a fact that even if the Chiefs don't resign Hill while he is an UDFA, someone will. Someone will look past his transgressions and decide his freakish talent is too valuable to keep him on the street. I want to see Hill play again. Why? Because he is so good and brings so much excitement to the game. I want him to get legit counseling and turn himself around. I think the game is worse off without him. He deserves another chance to prove he can change. 

I agree with everything you said, except for if he deserves another chance at his job. That part of it, I don't know if he does or not because I don't know what he is guilty or innocent of other than being the father of a 3 year old kid who has been accused of handing out bruises and welts through beatings of the kid.. 

I'm only saying, if the NFL decides they don't want him, I'm not going to raise a fuss about it. It's their company and their business. I think we all have known someone who has lost a job for way less. And other people's lives are just as important as Hill's life. Even if they aren't entertainers like Hill is.

I only hope the guy and his wife aren't as bad in real life as they look right now. Cause they don't look good. 

• Like 1

Regardless of what happens, i for one am rooting for a blown knee and Achilles.  Or both would be cool.  He’s clearly a piece of trash and a poor excuse for a human being.  

Let’s root for him getting his life right and not a injury. 

18 hours ago, weepaws said:

Let’s root for him getting his life right and not a injury. 

I think him losing everything will put him on the path of salvation. 

I don’t know about that, but seeing someone hope to see another person suffer an injury is a sad sad thing. 

Lets once again hope for him to rebound from these issues and get his life right.  

Not to  suffer a wicked injury.  

Sad thing to see you even say that Kent. 

Come on man let’s dummy up. 

2 hours ago, Kent said:

I think him losing everything will put him on the path of salvation. 

Yep, for some people, they need to be humbled before they see the light. It's looking like this guy won't be humbled until tragedy strikes him personally.

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

I don’t know about that, but seeing someone hope to see another person suffer an injury is a sad sad thing. 

Lets once again hope for him to rebound from these issues and get his life right.  

Not to  suffer a wicked injury.  

Sad thing to see you even say that Kent. 

Come on man let’s dummy up. 

He’s now had multiple cases of being a wicked man.  Bad things need to happen to him.  I’m forgiving of one allegation.  This guy has a pattern of abuse.  So I support a karmic reckoning.   

Some people can’t be killed with kindness. They respond to loss and loss alone. 

5 hours ago, Kent said:

He’s now had multiple cases of being a wicked man.  Bad things need to happen to him.  I’m forgiving of one allegation.  This guy has a pattern of abuse.  So I support a karmic reckoning.   

Some people can’t be killed with kindness. They respond to loss and loss alone

Isn't that like some alcohol or drug problem statement? Gotta hit rock bottom to build your way back up. Now I don't necessarily believe that to be the whole truth all the time, but I think the numbers suggest it in the big picture.

I think drug users struggle with being clean are curable, but violent individuals who want to beat on 3 year olds are borderline psycho. 

Drug/alcohol users who suffer from physical problems have random reactions to life's daily activities, violent or otherwise. But sober, conscious parents beating a 3 year old with a belt to the point of bruises and welts? Nah. He needs to hit bottom to understand. Else his kid may turn out to be the next Ted Bundy if it keeps going on.

1 hour ago, cmh6476 said:

sounds like you are really scraping the bottom of the barrel for Homercentric positive news. Meanwhile back in the real world: 

According to Nate Taylor of The Athletic, the Chiefs believe Tyreek Hill could be suspended by the NFL as soon as next month.

3 hours ago, jrokh said:

sounds like you are really scraping the bottom of the barrel for Homercentric positive news. Meanwhile back in the real world: 

According to Nate Taylor of The Athletic, the Chiefs believe Tyreek Hill could be suspended by the NFL as soon as next month.

All I did was share a link

5 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

If any of this article contains any actual facts, then at the very least it sounds to me like Hill has shown absolutely no control of himself and his life as it pertains to his family. Dude choked his pregnant GF earlier on, then gets in to this situation. I have no doubt that both him and his wife have been terrible selfish parents. It would amaze me if this is the first gross, violent thing that has ever happened behind closed doors for this family. If they let go of the investigation, so be it, but, all this crap goes down, and the Chiefs stand by him while cutting Hunt for getting into a dorm room level slap fight in a hotel hallway where the girl had every chance to get in the elevator and leave. Talk about some nasty chick trying to get punched for a payday. Anyway, I don't care what they do to Hill, cut him or don't cut him, but the hypocrisy is nuts.  

He met with the NFL all day yesterday.  

I expect him to get a suspension from the he NFL and then released by the team. Thats my guess. 

4 hours ago, Kent said:

I expect him to get a suspension from the he NFL and then released by the team. Thats my guess. 

Wow. You really think KC releases him? They cut Hunt right away didn't they? I think with Hill, they are looking at keeping him even if suspended. Their offense is all they have in an attempt to win anything. I don't think their defense all of a sudden turns into a top 10 defense. Why are they hanging onto this guy who has been involved in way worse shady stuff than Hunt? 

5 hours ago, Kent said:

Why would they have held onto him this long? Cut him so that some other team can use him to win? It's not going to happen

From Nate Taylor at Yahoo...

Following the NFL’s eight-hour interview with Hill on Wednesday in Kansas City, sources tell Yahoo Sports the Chiefs are hopeful a ruling on the matter will come before the start of training camp, and if that comes to fruition, expect him to be in attendance for the start of camp on July 26 in St. Joseph, Missouri.

Sources also tell Yahoo Sports there’s optimism from those with knowledge of the situation that the meeting with the NFL was considered a “positive” one for Hill.

Hill, however, could conceivably still face discipline from the NFL due to the menacing nature of the “you ought to be terrified of me, too” comment that he made to Espinal on the tape.

It remains unclear how long Hill would potentially be suspended, if he is suspended at all. But if the NFL does decide to punish Hill, he is expected to fly to New York and meet with commissioner Roger Goodell.

45 minutes ago, TwentyFourSeven said:

If it's a four game suspension, where would you guys take him in redraft?

Probably third round

34 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Probably third round

Agree.  Somewhere in the 30-35 range overall.