Sign in to follow this  
SenatorRock

Mueller Time is officially over. Predictions?

I'm trying to pick out my new "No Collusion" T-shirt.  I'm leaning towards this one. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-T-shirt-No-Collusion-Trump-2020-Russiagate-Liberals-Cry-NPC-SJW-Gift/352627276883?hash=item521a393c53:m:mYidg0L4sP39jmauhTa_1fA

I especially like the "Make Liberals Cry Again" line.  😂

🇺🇸 

10 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

I'm trying to pick out my new "No Collusion" T-shirt.  I'm leaning towards this one. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-T-shirt-No-Collusion-Trump-2020-Russiagate-Liberals-Cry-NPC-SJW-Gift/352627276883?hash=item521a393c53:m:mYidg0L4sP39jmauhTa_1fA

🇺🇸 

:banana:

11 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

🇺🇸 

I'll admit...it's a funny shirt.:thumbsup:

Pretty good read about former Trump attorney Dowd and Mueller showdown concerning a possible interview with POTUS.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/columnists/byron-york-in-subpoena-fight-trump-lawyer-told-mueller-you-want-to-do-it-youve-got-yourself-a-war?platform=hootsuite

Dowd, who was Trump's lawyer from June 2017 to March 2018, said Mueller was hampered by two daunting problems. The first was that Mueller could not establish that a crime had occurred — that there had been conspiracy or coordination between the Trump campaign and Russia to fix the 2016 election. Indeed, the Mueller report, as quoted in Attorney General William Barr's summary of its findings, said "the investigation did not establish that members of the Trump campaign conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in its election interference activities" and "the evidence does not establish that the President was involved in an underlying crime related to Russian election interference."

Mueller's second problem, as Dowd and the Trump team saw it, was that precedent from a Clinton-era independent counsel investigation, the Mike Espy case, held that to overcome a presidential claim of privilege, a prosecutor had to show that the president's testimony would provide evidence that was directly relevant to a criminal matter, and that that evidence was not available from any other source. Dowd argued that the White House had cooperated so extensively with Mueller, had provided him so much material that helped explain the president's actions, including contemporaneous accounts of what Trump said in private conversations, that Mueller could not effectively claim that he had no other source of information.

Mueller and the president's team went back and forth on the question of a presidential interview for quite a while. "[Mueller] said, 'Well, John, I need to know what was in the president's head,'" Dowd recalled. "I said you already do, you know in real time."

The conflict dominated a difficult March 5, 2018, meeting. "I asked, what's the president's status?" Dowd said. "[Mueller said] he's a witness-slash-subject. And I said, you mean he has no exposure? He said that's right. So I knew then for sure, by inference, that [Mueller] had nothing to proceed on in the collusion and conspiracy area."

Still, Mueller said he needed to interview Trump, and that he might subpoena the president.

"He dropped that on the table, and I reacted very strongly," Dowd recalled. "I said go ahead, you're threatening this president with a subpoena. It's doubtful whether the [Justice Department] Office of Legal Counsel would have approved such a thing. ... But beside that, I said, well go ahead. I want to hear what you tell the court is your basis to do it when you don't have a crime, you've just told me [Trump] doesn't have any exposure, so what are you going to tell a U.S. district judge? Because we're going to move to quash this thing. And Jay Sekulow and his team were ready to do it ... We're ready to do it if you want to do it."

"Then he backed off, he said don't get upset," Dowd continued.

"I said, look, what basis do you have to do it? We're not afraid of a grand jury subpoena. You want to do it, you've got yourself a war and you're going to lose it. There's no way [Mueller] could win that. I think he concluded that, even with all the firepower he had on his side, I think they knew they couldn't do it. I think they thought they might scare us into it, but we were not going to go there."

The subpoena never came.

4 hours ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

Pretty good read about former Trump attorney Dowd and Mueller showdown concerning a possible interview with POTUS.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/columnists/byron-york-in-subpoena-fight-trump-lawyer-told-mueller-you-want-to-do-it-youve-got-yourself-a-war?platform=hootsuite

Very interesting.

It shows that despite the surface appearance of chaos, behind the scenes Trump had a smart team of lawyers holding Mueller's nuts to the fire.

It also shows that Mueller was willing to do almost anything to take Trump down. Forcing him to testify with no underlying crime has to be one of the more unethical things a prosecutor can do.

Given his history though, I suppose it fits.

At least Mueller drew the line at lying to a judge to get the subpoena. That is more than we can say for Comey and friends.

• Like 1

So the dude that bought the Russian collusion narrative hook line and sinker, outright rooted for impeachment, is preaching to others about turning the other cheek and moving on.

This place is hilarious.

:doh:

2 minutes ago, Reality said:

So the dude that bought the Russian collusion narrative hook line and sinker, outright rooted for impeachment, is preaching to others about turning the other cheek and moving on.

This place is hilarious.

:doh:

It's why the libtards ran out of here. Their thoughts are stupid and they get told so. Notice that libtards run from here and right wingers get banned at FBG? Sums up how they operate. 

15 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It's why the libtards ran out of here. Their thoughts are stupid and they get told so. Notice that libtards run from here and right wingers get banned at FBG? Sums up how they operate. 

So absurd, basically the Twilight Zone.

Geez, now that the pressure is on for the full memo, Barrs getting nervous that everyone else is saying "Well Bill Barr says the memo says... " He came out today and wrote that his 4 page summary was indeed NOT a summary of the several hundred page report.

What? Did you think nobody would ever read the f****** thing? I guess that's what he hoped for.

So much for 'total exoneration'.

15 hours ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

So why didn't Trump testify voluntarily wo a subpoena?

That's all I'm taking from those words. Honest men want to testify.

"Yay! My lawyer weaseled me out of having to testify!"

Congrats. You're Just Like Jesse Smollett.

5 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Are you sure you get what it means to be an American, why we are still, despite half of the population being doped up on meds (wink), the best country in history? Here in this country, you don't have to prove your innocence. The burden of proof is on the Government. Did you skip that class at community college? 

• Like 3

On 3/30/2019 at 6:12 AM, wiffleball said:

To what should he have testified? Reread the article.

There was no crime to predicate an investigation so there's no reason to question the President.

Also, there can't be obstruction if the President can fire any employee at any time for any reason. Comey testified he told Trump 3 different times he wasn't under investigation. Dowd's statement indicates Mueller told him basically the same thing; zero exposure. What Mueller didn't say was zero exposure UNLESS Trump sits down to testify i.e. a perjury trap. And no matter what, if Trump did testify you libs wouldn't believe him anyway.

You and the left are just p!ssed Trump didn't fall for the trap or take the bait to fire Mueller. He showed incredible patience and restraint and has now been cleared. 

Trump just needs to self identify as a woman, because we've been told to #believeallwomen.  At the very least we would have to believe "her truth" . That's how this works in unicorn and rainbow land, right? 

11 minutes ago, DonS said:

Trump just needs to self identify as a woman, because we've been told to #believeallwomen.  At the very least we would have to believe "her truth" . That's how this works in unicorn and rainbow land, right? 

Women ARE to be believed UNLESS they accuse Democrats. Lt. Gov of Virginia, Biden, etc............... :nono:

On 3/30/2019 at 2:12 AM, wiffleball said:

He is too smart for that.

This is a common thread in many lectures explaining that police/prosecutors/lawyers are not there to help you in this situations. "anything you say can and will be used", THAT is a very simple way to show why you do NOT allow yourself to be interviewed and any lawyer worth their salt will energetically urge you to not say a word, testify, nothing....

Team trump thoroughly kicked the ass of the special counsel and all the focking imbeciles who ignored the blatant evidence this whole investigation was a sham from the get go. 

Destroyed them, and now their heads are spinning from this devastating reality ...desperately trying to cling to some sort of hope that the goal to illegally remove him is still alive. 

Its wonderful 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drobeski said:

Team trump thoroughly kicked the ass of the special counsel and all the focking imbeciles who ignored the blatant evidence this whole investigation was a sham from the get go. 

Destroyed them, and now their heads are spinning from this devastating reality ...desperately trying to cling to some sort of hope that the goal to illegally remove him is still alive. 

Its wonderful 

The realistic ones are saying 'Can't we just move on' or 'perhaps we were given bad info'. They know what's coming and are panicking.

The delusional ones are the ones still thinking they can get Trump. Schiff, Nadler, wiff............... :wacko:

5 hours ago, Ray Lewis's Limo Driver said:

He is too smart for that.

This is a common thread in many lectures explaining that police/prosecutors/lawyers are not there to help you in this situations. "anything you say can and will be used", THAT is a very simple way to show why you do NOT allow yourself to be interviewed and any lawyer worth their salt will energetically urge you to not say a word, testify, nothing....

I was going to post similar, so I'll just pile on to wiff that his post was remarkably ignorant regarding how our legal system works.  I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he was doing some combo of drinking and trolling.  :cheers:

Is Israel involved deeply too? Wikistrat devised a strategy of election influence and ran simulations the results of which are eerily simliar to the outcome of the Russian Collusion hoax. The use of trolls on social media, etc.........and now have closed up shop.

The company was trying to sell the plan to the Trump campaign (Gates and Don Jr.) with no success apparently. Did someone else already have this strategy in play to hurt the Trump campaign and the sell to Team Trump was cover?

It explains why Mueller indicted the Russian trolls and some of the other confusing actions of SC.

23 minutes ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

Is Israel involved deeply too? Wikistrat devised a strategy of election influence and ran simulations the results of which are eerily simliar to the outcome of the Russian Collusion hoax. The use of trolls on social media, etc.........and now have closed up shop.

The company was trying to sell the plan to the Trump campaign (Gates and Don Jr.) with no success apparently. Did someone else already have this strategy in play to hurt the Trump campaign and the sell to Team Trump was cover?

It explains why Mueller indicted the Russian trolls and some of the other confusing actions of SC.

I doubt that.  Isreal wants (R)s in office.  The Dems are generally pro-Palestine and would have Isreal wiped off the map if they had their way.

On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 10:00 AM, NorthernVike said:

This is good.  Of course when some dummy puts in on a bill that doesn't show the White House, it'll be even more funny.

6 minutes ago, Kanil said:

This is good.  Of course when some dummy puts in on a bill that doesn't show the White House, it'll be even more funny.

They came in today.  I had six 20's in my wallet.  Game on!  :lol:

1 minute ago, NorthernVike said:

They came in today.  I had six 20's in my wallet.  Game on!  :lol:

The only problem is I rarely carry cash.  It would be wasted for me.

14 hours ago, Kanil said:

I doubt that.  Isreal wants (R)s in office.  The Dems are generally pro-Palestine and would have Isreal wiped off the map if they had their way.

That company apparently is 'for hire' or was. Perhaps not Israel the nation but Israelis appear to have played a role if that article is accurate.

At this point, given how broad and inclusive the group consisted of (across party lines) few things are beyond the pale of belief. McCain, P. Ryan (Gowdy?)........................the right had a few highly placed people involved.

Judging by colleges the last few years, Israel can expect to be on its own in a few years. Obama only played nice with them because American Jews paid his way.  

3 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Judging by colleges the last few years, Israel can expect to be on its own in a few years. Obama only played nice with them because American Jews paid his way.  

Nah.  Isreal is in no danger of losing US support.  Colleges have been Pro-Palestine since I was in high school (a long assed time ago) and there are so many rich Jewish donors, no high level politician would be elected without them.

Back to the Opie. One thing I will say completely non-partisan, I can see where the network news ratings have gone up for all three of the major news Nets. But that's already starting to wear thin and wear off.

No matter what we're talking about, it seems like there is some so-called breaking news right around 5 p.m. mountain 7 p.m. Eastern. Just enough to constantly get the night time shows to have various journalist from print media on their show that night.

Then the next morning? All the media is talking about is the so-called breaking news from last night plus whatever idiot crap Trump has tweeted overnight. And then, about 3 or 4 p.m. the cycle starts all over again.

Jesus, how many stories and days till we have right around prime time the breaking news! Bob Mueller took a dump! How should we interpret that? And then the motor report was supposed to be the final word. And now it's not. And then the redacted version and then the slightly less redacted version and then and then and then...

So much 'non news' news these days.

37 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Back to the Opie. One thing I will say completely non-partisan, I can see where the network news ratings have gone up for all three of the major news Nets. But that's already starting to wear thin and wear off.

No matter what we're talking about, it seems like there is some so-called breaking news right around 5 p.m. mountain 7 p.m. Eastern. Just enough to constantly get the night time shows to have various journalist from print media on their show that night.

Then the next morning? All the media is talking about is the so-called breaking news from last night plus whatever idiot crap Trump has tweeted overnight. And then, about 3 or 4 p.m. the cycle starts all over again.

Jesus, how many stories and days till we have right around prime time the breaking news! Bob Mueller took a dump! How should we interpret that? And then the motor report was supposed to be the final word. And now it's not. And then the redacted version and then the slightly less redacted version and then and then and then...

So much 'non news' news these days.

I'm sure the Democrats are readying subpoenas for Barr's bowel movement as we speak.

On 3/26/2019 at 8:36 AM, cbfalcon said:

You guys should step back and listen to yourselves.

Simplified.............Trump and his campaign had a lot of contacts and dealings with Russia. They lied about them repeatedly. There is/was a ton of circumstantial evidence that needed to be fleshed out. The government investigated. Trump and his campaign were cleared of colluding with the Russians to influence the 2016 election. That's what happened.................As far as the politics of it go, of course it was weaponized and used politically. That is what both sides do 100% of the time that they have such an opportunity. Its pretty similar to what was done to Hillary in recent years (Benghazi and emails) and leading up to the 2016 election. It will continue to be done to Trump in terms of money laundering, fraud, and more I am sure.

But instead of realizing that this is the current game played by both sides, you all are calling for revenge investigations into Obama, anyone involved to be sent to Gitmo, people to have their necks stretched, others just sentenced to death for treason, etc. 🙄

Jesus Christ you are a focking idiot.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SenatorRock said:

Jesus Christ you are a focking idiot.

Yes he is. 

On 3/30/2019 at 8:08 AM, Hardcore troubadour said:

It's focking sad is what it is. It's just everyone retreating to their echo Chambers.

The libs did not get banned from here (except for newbie, for unrelated reasons), but I can see why they left. If you post something even slightly liberal here, you are immediately set upon by a host of posters name calling (libtard, stupid, commie, etc.) And posting the same tired quotes and made up lists of stuff over and over. What's the point? There is no real discussion here any more than there is at FBG.

Both sites are just pep rally circle jerks.

I loathe the fringe of both parties. And can find common ground with the centers of both parties. But these boreds are a microcosm of the greater american polity... The middle has just quit participating in the discussion. It's purely fringe vs. Fringe at this point.

21 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

It's focking sad is what it is. It's just everyone retreating to their echo Chambers.

The libs did not get banned from here (except for newbie, for unrelated reasons), but I can see why they left. If you post something even slightly liberal here, you are immediately set upon by a host of posters name calling (libtard, stupid, commie, etc.) And posting the same tired quotes and made up lists of stuff over and over. What's the point? There is no real discussion here any more than there is at FBG.

Both sites are just pep rally circle jerks.

I loathe the fringe of both parties. And can find common ground with the centers of both parties. But these boreds are a microcosm of the greater american polity... The middle has just quit participating in the discussion. It's purely fringe vs. Fringe at this point.

The point is they ban you for a different viewpoint at FBG, nothing more. Not vulgarity, threats, or innapropriate content. Just disagreeing gets you the boot there. They don't here, and it's indicative of how the two sides operate in today's political climate. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The point is they ban you for a different viewpoint at FBG, nothing more. Not vulgarity, threats, or innapropriate content. Just disagreeing gets you the boot there. They don't here, and it's indicative of how the two sides operate in today's political climate. 

Oh I agree. And I have said many times that I am disgusted by the current left.

But just because there is a dead hooker in your neighbor's house doesn't mean the dead dog in your house is no problem. 

I have to wonder if the Democrats will accept an investigation into their actions, which mirror their accusations of Trump, and also accept an outcome that might tend to point out THEIR behaviors?

I think they should call it a witch hunt of course, and all that jazz.

But what if....what if Barr finds actual evidence that points to malfeasance on THEIR part....will they have the balls to pretend it away/ Explain it away? All the while bashing the hell out of Trump for the same sh!t?

I am going to say yes.  In fact, i bet they call THEIR actions just and right, and pretend they are the good guys so they can do illegal things without accountability....watch, i bet the do it....