joneo

Trump Won't Be Impeached Anytime Soon

3 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

"Gay Cake", as he called it.

I suggested you get a Sho shaped one since you followed him over here and like to talk about dong stuff so much. :dunno:

1 minute ago, Reality said:

You constantly bring it up, so it's implied.

The fact that you don't see it or realize you do it, that's a you problem.

When someone makes a racist or bigoted post, I bring it up if I see it. When I notice a trend of many posts in which I perceive bigotry, I bring it up. 

But you are simply misremembering if you believe I bring racism/bigotry up because someone disagrees with me. One, I don’t think that way. And two, it’s a touchy topic and I account for that and think twice before I bring it up. 

2 hours ago, MDC said:

Sticking with a system that costs more than any other nation on earth and leaves millions uninsured is crazy. Especially when almost nobody can afford health insurance on the free market and costs are going up 10% every year.

I was self employed for 8 years, through 2012, and found the individual market more than affordable.  The ACA killed it.

28 minutes ago, Strike said:

I was self employed for 8 years, through 2012, and found the individual market more than affordable.  The ACA killed it.

Obummer should have gone for single payer. The ACA didn’t do anything to limit out of control cost escalation. 

13 minutes ago, MDC said:

Obummer should have gone for single payer. The ACA didn’t do anything to limit out of control cost escalation. 

Lol.  I was in that market for 8 years.  I certainly think we could have done things to make it more affordable, but the cost escalation was not out of control.  And the ACA made it worse.  I would not like to be in that market now.  

10 minutes ago, Strike said:

Lol.  I was in that market for 8 years.  I certainly think we could have done things to make it more affordable, but the cost escalation was not out of control.  And the ACA made it worse.  I would not like to be in that market now.  

HC costs were increasing by 10% or more for decades before the ACA. When Trump replaces the ACA with something wonderful do you think costs are going to go down? 

4 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

Calling the Dems favorites is delusional. History shows incumbents almost always win. outside of rare aberrations like 3rd party influence or charismatic opponent. Neither is in play here.

Second delusional thought is that the democrats are united in confidence. The unofficial leader is Bernie and his platform is nothing like any of the others. He really is a 3rd party candidate masquerading as a Democrat. 

I'll add:  What exactly is holding you back from being sure about impeachment?

3 hours ago, MDC said:

Can you name a crazy fat left idea I support? I haven’t decided who I am going to vote for in 2020 yet. 

I'll add:  you support every minimum wage increase and refuse to consider the basic economics of the negative impacts of it?

19 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I'll add:  What exactly is holding you back from being sure about impeachment?

I'll add:  you support every minimum wage increase and refuse to consider the basic economics of the negative impacts of it?

I’m sort of indifferent to the min wage. I think raising it is well meaning but sort of useless. I don’t think it leads to higher unemployment though.

Polls show 55% of Americans support raising the min wage to $15/hour. You guys cast an awfully wide net when it comes to fringe liberal beliefs! 

11 minutes ago, MDC said:

Polls show 55% of Americans support raising the min wage to $15/hour. You guys cast an awfully wide net when it comes to fringe liberal beliefs! 

Link?

2 hours ago, Baker Boy said:

The last time the unemployment rate was this low, most Americans had not been born.

Could this have anything to do with people dropping out of the workforce?  i.e. no longer looking for job? 

• Haha 1

I’m sort of indifferent to the min wage. I think raising it is well meaning but sort of useless. I don’t think it leads to higher unemployment though.

A few comments:

1. It would not surprise me if a majority of people support getting paid more money.

2. I admit to being liberal (pardon the pun) with my definition of "fringe" but...

3. I think you are being disingenuous with "indifference."  You and I have e-battled on this topic multiple times.  You consistently, including above, don't see how higher wages might negatively influence employment.

Anyway, carry on.  :cheers:

2 minutes ago, BufordT said:

Could this have anything to do with people dropping out of the workforce?  i.e. no longer looking for job? 

I had this complaint during Obama so I'm open to it now.  Administrations seem to play around with the U-whatever numbers to make them look good.  With that caveat, find supporting data.  :thumbsup:  

Personally, my pulse of the job market is that it is in general much better than say 2009-10.  But that's just my observation.

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

A few comments:

1. It would not surprise me if a majority of people support getting paid more money.

2. I admit to being liberal (pardon the pun) with my definition of "fringe" but...

3. I think you are being disingenuous with "indifference."  You and I have e-battled on this topic multiple times.  You consistently, including above, don't see how higher wages might negatively influence employment.

Anyway, carry on.  :cheers:

You said that support for an increased minimum wage is a fringe liberal belief of mine. A position that a majority of people support isn’t “fringe.” 

We argued about whether a hike in minimum wages would lead to higher unemployment. My position was always that businesses already hire as few low wage workers and automate as much of their businesses as possible. 

Thats not really support for a min wage hike. I don’t think the difference between say $10-$12 an hour is going to make much difference for workers with no PTO or benefits. I also don’t think minimum wage jobs are supposed to provide a “living way.” Although sadly a lot more adults seem to be working jobs that used to be for kids.

HTH sir :cheers:

10 minutes ago, MDC said:

https://thehill.com/hilltv/what-americas-thinking/425422-a-majority-of-americans-support-raising-the-top-tax-rate-to-70

Another one of their polls....................59% support raising the top tax rate to 70%.  :lol: 

Are they only calling AOC's district or what?!   :doh:

12 minutes ago, MDC said:

And this is why we ask for links:

1)  You said "polls".  Not one.  Where are the rest?

2)  Did you even read your own link?  While 55% support going to $15/hour, the MAJORITY answered that they want to get there "gradually."  WTF does that mean?  I'll tell you right now.  I support gradually increasing the minimum wage to $15 over the next 50 years.  And I'm a conservative. 

5 minutes ago, Strike said:

2)  Did you even read your own link?  While 55% support going to $15/hour, the MAJORITY answered that they want to get there "gradually."  WTF does that mean?  I'll tell you right now.  I support gradually increasing the minimum wage to $15 over the next 50 years.  And I'm a conservative. 

That site is a focking left leaning one to begin with. NFW do the majority of AMERICANS (across the country) support raising the min wage quickly to $15/hour or EVER raising the tax rate to 70%.

57 minutes ago, Strike said:

Take your own advice and Google it fockchop.

7 minutes ago, MDC said:

He doesn't need to; I did hence the exposure of the asinine left wing polling site you posted. 59% support top tax rate of 70%   JFC........... :wave:

How about addressing my 2nd point then.  You're such a focking troll.

1 hour ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

That site is a focking left leaning one to begin with. NFW do the majority of AMERICANS (across the country) support raising the min wage quickly to $15/hour or EVER raising the tax rate to 70%.

49% of people think raising the min wage will help the economy vs 34% who think it will hurt:

http://m.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/business/jobs_employment/august_2018/do_americans_like_the_idea_of_raising_minimum_wage

Lot of crazy fringers out there. :thumbsup:

Just now, Strike said:

How about addressing my 2nd point then.  You're such a focking troll.

Opinions you don’t agree with are fringe and polls you don’t like are biased. We’ve seen your act, we get it Strike. 

Just now, MDC said:

49% of people think raising the min wage will help the economy vs 34% who think it will hurt:

http://m.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/business/jobs_employment/august_2018/do_americans_like_the_idea_of_raising_minimum_wage

Lot of crazy fringers out there. :thumbsup:

I saw that as well. I agree raising the minimum wage will help the economy but that poll doesn't say $15/hour. Could be 25¢ or $1 

And since you seem to agree that giving American's more earned money helps the economy, Trump's tax cuts are supported by you as well. You're shaping up a bit I guess.

So, MDC has abandoned his $15 an hour number and moved on to simply increasing minimum wage.

Bro, you do understand why everybody here thinks you are a focking clown right?

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, iam90sbaby said:

Let’s face it, the Trump haters are never going to change the way they think or admit they were wrong. That actually requires integrity and any left leaning person with integrity has already left that joke of a party. 

Agree. Anyone still hanging around with the dems, especially a straight white male, is a cuck and likes being flogged. 

55 minutes ago, MDC said:

Opinions you don’t agree with are fringe and polls you don’t like are biased. We’ve seen your act, we get it Strike. 

WTF are you talking about?  I pulled data from YOUR poll.   Nothing is opinion based, and I never said the poll was biased.  I asked you to defend your statement in light of the actual data from your own link/poll.  As I said, you're just a focking troll.

• Thanks 1

Unemployment lowest since 69

Like 3% 

Basically the only people that wont wanna vote for this guy are the lazy deadbeat losers who dont want to work. 

14 hours ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

He doesn't need to; I did hence the exposure of the asinine left wing polling site you posted. 59% support top tax rate of 70%   JFC........... :wave:

You do realize that is a marginal tax rate, right?

13 hours ago, Strike said:

WTF are you talking about?  I pulled data from YOUR poll.   Nothing is opinion based, and I never said the poll was biased.  I asked you to defend your statement in light of the actual data from your own link/poll.  As I said, you're just a focking troll.

Polls consistently show a level of support for min wage hikes that is far greater than “fringe” numbers - I posted two in this thread. And I have never been banging the drum for MW increases anyway.

HTH?

MDCuck getting hammered again. Poor bastard. :(

Triggered a lot of Trumpers and their pet retard 12th Doosh. 

2 hours ago, mayhem39 said:

We haven't had anything close to that since the 70s for a reason. :wave:

1 hour ago, MDC said:

Triggered a lot of Trumpers and their pet retard 12th Doosh. 

Us coming forth to curb stomp a retard and debunk his assertion of a poll is triggering?   :lol:

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

Us coming forth to curb stomp a retard and debunk his assertion of a poll is triggering?   :lol:

You guys said single payer healthcare and minimum wage hikes are fringe and polls that show broad support for both make you mad cause they’re fake and mean. 

Cant argue with that! :lol:

Just now, MDC said:

You guys said single payer healthcare and minimum wage hikes are fringe and polls that show broad support for both make you mad cause they’re fake and mean. 

Link to either 'you guys' (who is that) saying those things OR you showing valid polls showing what you claimed....

Meanwhile, I'll be................. :sleep:

3 hours ago, mayhem39 said:

You do realize we have a marginal tax rate now, right? But thanks anyway professor