Sign in to follow this  
tanatastic

The hottest new trend among kids. Killing yourself if you survived a mass shooting. You ain’t kewl til you kill yo self yo.

11 hours ago, tanatastic said:

Screw that, It’s warranted. These kids families found out their child was spared in a horrible tragedy. Biggest blessing of their lives, then the kid commits suicide. That’s incredibly selfish and stupid, think of the parents joy after the tragedy then now this happens. So all of you condemning me can fock off, these kids deserve to be heckled. It’s the most senseless and selfish BS I’ve seen. You were given a chance to appreciate life instead you end it yourself. 

“Survivors guilt” is the dumbest thing I’ve heard. Your friends who got wasted would have loved to be alive like the survivors were. 

That's one way of looking at it.  Another way?  You're so full of anguish and despair that you convince yourself the only way out of it is death.  The only way to stop another day of incredible suffering is to end it all.  

I'm positive these kids get a lot of professional help; are reminded of the positive things in life; showered with love and adoration from family and friends and despite all of that there still is immense pain and helplessness.  It's a straight up tragedy and if you have any sense of humanity you'd at least attempt to understand what these kids and their families have had to endure.  But you probably get more choked up about Thanos snuffing out Starlord.   :rolleyes:

I think to truly appreciate the sweet, you gotta have tasted a bit of the sour.  Having never experienced anything close to what these kids and families have I can't judge them but try to empathize with them.  Their pain somehow informs a gratitude for what I have.  Think it's pretty heartless to show disdain for that kind of suffering. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, funngun said:

This place have truly turned into a dump. 

Thanks for joining.

1 hour ago, FeelingMN said:

That's one way of looking at it.  Another way?  You're so full of anguish and despair that you convince yourself the only way out of it is death.  The only way to stop another day of incredible suffering is to end it all.  

I'm positive these kids get a lot of professional help; are reminded of the positive things in life; showered with love and adoration from family and friends and despite all of that there still is immense pain and helplessness.  It's a straight up tragedy and if you have any sense of humanity you'd at least attempt to understand what these kids and their families have had to endure.  But you probably get more choked up about Thanos snuffing out Starlord.   :rolleyes:

I think to truly appreciate the sweet, you gotta have tasted a bit of the sour.  Having never experienced anything close to what these kids and families have I can't judge them but try to empathize with them.  Their pain somehow informs a gratitude for what I have.  Think it's pretty heartless to show disdain for that kind of suffering. 

I hear what you are saying but... something is wrong if an otherwise normal kid kills himself after such an experience.  My guess is that there were other problems and this event triggered it.  I would say that the system you described needs improvement. 

37 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I hear what you are saying but... something is wrong if an otherwise normal kid kills himself after such an experience.  My guess is that there were other problems and this event triggered it.  I would say that the system you described needs improvement. 

Whatever improvement the system requires, it probably doesn't include blaming the victim.  That type of thinking seldom helps better any wrong.....except at the Geek Club of course.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FeelingMN said:

Whatever improvement the system requires, it probably doesn't include blaming the victim.  That type of thinking seldom helps better any wrong.....except at the Geek Club of course.

When the victim was given the incredible gift of a new lease on life after surviving an event like that just to pee it away by committing suicide, I blame them. I just have the balls to say it. The second one saw the news about the first one and it directly influenced them to do the same. So yea, I blame that first schmuck big time. 

14 minutes ago, kutulu said:

Just saw that one of the Sandy Hook parents killed themselves

So they are all melting down now? Weird. I could go thru many mass shootings and the only one I'm wanting dead is the shooter if he's still alive.

4 hours ago, Ray Lewis's Limo Driver said:

Perhaps.  I cannot recall any protests like these little weasels are doing.  Misusing racism and other labels as weapons to crush people who disagreed with us.  We made fun of millenials and genx'ers and that was funny, there is nothing humorous about the evil of this generation

The reality is that the snowplow and helicopter parents all caused this.  I don't think I can blame the kids as much as I want to punch parents in my generation for allowing this BS to occur.  

umm do we know if the suicide is even related to the school shooting?:dunno: did he say it??  i didn't get that from the link.  arent teen suicide rates up regardless? i wouldn't imagine 2 suicides in a big high school is all that uncommon nowadays.

5 hours ago, Kanil said:

That's exactly what the generation before you said about you.  Stop becoming one of the olds, nerd.

I completely disagree with you. Me and all of my friends were looking for work and taking the jobs at 16. Everyone I knew and didn't know was looking for independence and trying to do things on their own. We were proud to do it. I look at my brothers and sisters kids, and their friends and their friends friends parents kids and they all just want crap to be given to them because they think since they were born they deserve it. They are living at home longer, screwing around with their determination to figure out what they want to do in life, etc. They  complain if they are given a car and have to pay for their own insurance.

You are completely wrong on this one dude.

1 minute ago, sderk said:

I completely disagree with you. Me and all of my friends were looking for work and taking the jobs at 16. Everyone I knew and didn't know was looking for independence and trying to do things on their own. We were proud to do it. I look at my brothers and sisters kids, and their friends and their friends friends parents kids and they all just want crap to be given to them because they think since they were born they deserve it. They are living at home longer, screwing around with their determination to figure out what they want to do in life, etc. They  complain if they are given a car and have to pay for their own insurance.

You are completely wrong on this one dude.

Every single generation says the next generation are lazy and not as good their own generation.  It's been going on forever.  The statistics show that the opposite is true.  The generation today is more educated and work more hours on average than we did when we were their age.

• Like 1

Just now, funngun said:

You joined in 2018, I have been here since 2002

I was more referencing you comment on your "This place have truly turned into a dump." Not how long you have been here.

Thanks for joining.

3 minutes ago, Kanil said:

Every single generation says the next generation are lazy and not as good their own generation.  It's been going on forever.  The statistics show that the opposite is true.  The generation today is more educated and work more hours on average than we did when we were their age.

It's not what  I see going on. And my parents never said those things. Ever.

4 minutes ago, sderk said:

It's not what  I see going on. And my parents never said those things. Ever.

Then your experiences are either outliers or a result of something like confirmation bias.  The are factual statistics out there showing it.

• Like 1

Just now, Kanil said:

Then your experiences are either outliers or a result of something like confirmation bias.  The are factual statistics out there showing it.

Maybe you were just used to what your parents were saying about you and your family as far as not working as hard as them but I haven't seen any evidence of what you are saying these days or in my younger days. Where do you find the factual statistics of what parents say to their kids at home?

Millennials do typically work longer hours than the previous generation AND for less money. While most of you were in mid level jobs at this time, there are a lot of millennials stuck in entry level positions because the old folks won’t retire (I guess they can’t, since they crashed the economy in 2009). Oh not to mention all the other expenses we have. You all didn’t have an internet bill, a cell phone bill, a million different cable package deals, expensive healthcare, a billion different electronics, WAY more activities and pressure to spend money,  etc... the millennials you all hate are the ones that CNN put a microphone in front of and believe it or not most millennials aren’t like that. At least anyone I know. We make less and are forced to spend more it’s not an opinion it’s a fact. We’re also more responsible with credit cards and loans we take out. 

Just now, sderk said:

Maybe you were just used to what your parents were saying about you and your family as far as not working as hard as them but I haven't seen any evidence of what you are saying these days or in my younger days. Where do you find the factual statistics of what parents say to their kids at home?

Sorry for the confusion, I was bringing up statistics around the amount of years of education and hours worked.  The "In my day, kids XYZ", arguments have been around forever though and you're either completely lost or full of it if you're saying it hasn't been that way.

For the record, I've worked since my 14th birthday, excluding 1 year after getting out of the military where I went to finish out my degree.

2 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Millennials do typically work longer hours than the previous generation AND for less money. While most of you were in mid level jobs at this time, there are a lot of millennials stuck in entry level positions because the old folks won’t retire (I guess they can’t, since they crashed the economy in 2009). Oh not to mention all the other expenses we have. You all didn’t have an internet bill, a cell phone bill, a million different cable package deals, expensive healthcare, a billion different electronics, WAY a more measure activities and pressure to spend money,  etc... the millennials you all hate are the ones that CNN put a microphone in front of and believe it or not most millennials aren’t like that. At least anyone I know. 

It's not often I agree with 90s, but he's right here.  The generations in the past mortgaged the future to live the lives they had and it's the current generation that's paying for it.  If I had to rate generations, baby-boomers would be at the very bottom with a very large gap between them and the next worst.

5 minutes ago, Kanil said:

It's not often I agree with 90s, but he's right here.  The generations in the past mortgaged the future to live the lives they had and it's the current generation that's paying for it.  If I had to rate generations, baby-boomers would be at the very bottom with a very large gap between them and the next worst.

I also want to add that millennials are the biggest working class in the country right now, so this amazing econony we are having is in large part thanks to us. 

13 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

I also want to add that millennials are the biggest working class in the country right now, so this amazing econony we are having is in large part thanks to us. 

I don't know. I only see the job thing as there are people who want or need and are willing to work, and those that don't. Everyone old and young can all slap themselves on the back for having a job if they want, but I don't see the 17-21 year olds working these days as much as they had in the past. And the groups of people who don't want to pull themselves up in life and get a job instead of looking for handouts has always been there, and will always be there. 

As far as needing all the electronics and other stuff, sure, you probably need a computer and a connection. And a cheap phone. A cheap car, insurance and a place to live. There have been added a couple more expenses but it's easier to be healthy today than it was long ago. And healthy food is cheap. 

Biggest problem people of all ages have these days is they don't know the difference between needs and wants.

10 minutes ago, sderk said:

I don't know. I only see the job thing as there are people who want or need and are willing to work, and those that don't. Everyone old and young can all slap themselves on the back for having a job if they want, but I don't see the 17-21 year olds working these days as much as they had in the past. And the groups of people who don't want to pull themselves up in life and get a job instead of looking for handouts has always been there, and will always be there. 

As far as needing all the electronics and other stuff, sure, you probably need a computer and a connection. And a cheap phone. A cheap car, insurance and a place to live. There have been added a couple more expenses but it's easier to be healthy today than it was long ago. And healthy food is cheap. 

Biggest problem people of all ages have these days is they don't know the difference between needs and wants.

17-21 year olds in 2019 aren’t Millennials though, they are Gen Z. Millennials can be up to like 40 years old or something right now. 

And keep in mind... if the kids today are so sh!tty… we're their parents.  I personally fail if my kid turns out to be a lazy dumbsh!t.

1 minute ago, Kanil said:

And keep in mind... if the kids today are so sh!tty… we're their parents.  I personally fail if my kid turns out to be a lazy dumbsh!t.

Good point. If Gen Z/Millennials are in fact the sh!ttiest generation in the country, that is the direct result of the worst parenting in this countries history. 

13 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

17-21 year olds in 2019 aren’t Millennials though, they are Gen Z. Millennials can be up to like 40 years old or something right now. 

Yeah. I guess I don't pay too much attention to the groups. My GF knows all the different age ranges, I don't really follow although I see why they use them for stats and stuff.

3 minutes ago, sderk said:

Yeah. I guess I don't pay too much attention to the groups. My GF knows all the different age ranges, I don't really follow although I see why they use them for stats and stuff.

Me neither. And I don’t really care, I’m a millennial but I could give two sh!ts about it. It just seems like a cheap way for older people to take shots at the young people in the work place without saying it directly to them. Everyone was young at one point and we all get old who gives af.

5 minutes ago, Kanil said:

I just took care of my own kid. Nobody elses. I'm proud of her. She's 24. Been living and working and on her own for a few years now. All she asked for when she went an got an apartment was help on the health insurance. (She got her own car, car insurance, etc.) So I gladly kept her on my policy. Last year she came to me and said her job is offering her insurance, and that was that. We are really close and it was interesting to see how much she was like me on really wanting to just get on her own. My parents were awesome, but I wanted to be out in the world. She's kind of like that too. 

3 minutes ago, sderk said:

I just took care of my own kid. Nobody elses. I'm proud of her. She's 24. Been living and working and on her own for a few years now. All she asked for when she went an got an apartment was help on the health insurance. (She got her own car, car insurance, etc.) So I gladly kept her on my policy. Last year she came to me and said her job is offering her insurance, and that was that. We are really close and it was interesting to see how much she was like me on really wanting to just get on her own. My parents were awesome, but I wanted to be out in the world. She's kind of like that too. 

Sounds like a good kid.  Mine is only 8 but so far he's got a good work ethic and great moral compass.  Of course, he's not a teenager yet!

I kinda have to agree with tanatastic here. If you survive a mass shooting (and by "survive" I mean you were in a room that got shot up, maybe you got hit but didn't die, etc. Not, you were on the other side of the school or in the parking lot when a classroom got shot up) you should consider yourself extremely lucky. You should appreciate every day from that day forward and do your best to be the best that you can be. Maybe start a foundation to help victims of such attacks. Buy a focking lottery ticket. Anything but commit suicide. 

I understand the concept of survivors guilt and I can see how a soldier who witnessed his comrades being horrifically killed in war can suffer from such an extended traumatic experience and carry some measure of guilt upon returning home. I think that is a lot different than being on a campus where other people got killed and you didn't. 

In either scenario I think you owe it to those who were killed to do something positive with the rest of your life. 

1 hour ago, iam90sbaby said:

Good point. If Gen Z/Millennials are in fact the sh!ttiest generation in the country, that is the direct result of the worst parenting in this countries history. 

It is. A lot of retards are producing retards that they cannot train. That's why the latest generation is the dumbest. The good news for them is that they will produce an even dumber generation to take their crown away. Now, it's not everyone in any generation that is an idiot but there are more morons in every generation than the previous generation.

3 hours ago, Kanil said:

Sounds like a good kid.  Mine is only 8 but so far he's got a good work ethic and great moral compass.  Of course, he's not a teenager yet!

Those teen years scared me a bit. I think I got lucky. My kid wasn't perfect (no kid is), but holy cow, from some of the nightmares I heard from some others out there, I feel blessed. All you can do is what you seem to already be doing. 

I went off to the Gulf War in January 1991, less than two weeks after my nineteenth birthday and getting off the plane in Saudi Arabia was surreal. I was thinking thoughts of Vietnam and thinking things like 'how many of these guys with me here will be dead or screwed up" and "how long are we going to be here."  We were 3rd shop maintenance support for a tanker unit, meaning we were going all the way up front minus a mile or two, just behind the M1A2 Abrahms tanks and Bradleys.

Turns out the answer was none. We all came back unscathed except a friend of mine who'd somehow shot himself in the hip/buttocks while cleaning his rifle. In the end it turned out that it was my good fortune to  be involved in the easiest, most one-sided war in the history of warfare and I took no injuries nor any psychological trauma. Just a few scary moments that turned out to be nothing. That's my company, I've told the story of how our brigade lost a Bradley to a friendly fire Apache helicopter from Ft. Riley and it was the only vehicle in the war that we in 3rd Shop maintenance categorized as Code X - Unrecoverable War Loss.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Voltaire said:

I went off to the Gulf War in January 1991, less than two weeks after my nineteenth birthday and getting off the plane in Saudi Arabia was surreal. I was thinking thoughts of Vietnam and how so many guys got killed or injured or mentally focked up so many people. I was thinking things like 'how many of these guys with me here will be dead or screwed up" and "how long are we going to be here." I was looking around at everybody around me that had gotten off the plane wondering how many would be focked up or dead. We were 3rd shop maintenance support for a tanker unit, meaning we were going all the way up front minus a mile or two, just behind the M1A2 Abrahms tanks and Bradleys.

Turns out the answer was none. We all came back unscathed except a friend of mine who'd somehow shot himself in the hip/buttocks while cleaning his rifle. In the end it turned out that it was my good fortune to  be involved in the easiest, most one-sided war in the history of warfare and I took no injuries nor any psychological trauma. Just a few scary moments that turned out to be nothing. That's my company, I've told the story of how our brigade lost a Bradley to a friendly fire Apache helicopter from Ft. Riley and it was the only vehicle in the war that we in 3rd Shop maintenance categorized as Code X - Unrecoverable War Loss.

Yep, I was there too.  Just got back from boot camp and was home for exactly 3 days before my unit was activated.  Ended up being Security for the 1st Marine Division HQ.  We were also about a mile or two behind the tip, moving up with them as they advanced.

We were lucky.  I thought for sure it was going to get ugly too.  Turns out, it got a bit ugly for the poor bastards that followed us 10 years later.

I thank my lucky stars every day.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Yep, I was there too.  Just got back from boot camp and was home for exactly 3 days before my unit was activated.  Ended up being Security for the 1st Marine Division HQ.  We were also about a mile or two behind the tip, moving up with them as they advanced.

We were lucky.  I thought for sure it was going to get ugly too.  Turns out, it got a bit ugly for the poor bastards that followed us 10 years later.

Oh, urban warfare must be the suck. The house to house searches where you're going through grandma's underwear drawer, the check points, the snipers. They don't want you there, you don't want to be there. I couldn't imagine. I was so p*ssed off they were being asked to do that.

We'd wiped out two Iraqi tank divisions in two battles in a single day and not felt like we'd done anything since we were so technologically advanced that they offered little/no resistance. I remember our battalion commander came around and being thrilled that we'd kept up because the armored vehicles were at 1/8 of a tank when we refulled them at midday and they were back down to 1/8 tank again at the end of the day when we refuelled them a second time ... now I only half cared about this because I was in 3rd shop while the fuel guys were the other platoon but I am glad things worked out well for both them and command as their effort shone well on all of us.

The tankers didn't feel like they'd done much more than shoot fish in a barrell. They were far more challenged during practice drills when their battalion of M1A2a would square off against the other battalion of M1A2s rather than join forces and collectively beat the piss out of massive divisions of leftover WWII era Soviet tanks who were too far out of range to fire on them and were dug in behind easy to spot sand dunes which didn't protect them after our air forces had already been weakening them and scrambling their communications.  

It was only years later, after the internet became a thing and I'd read about it online that I learned that that's what we'd done over there. Oh, so I was at the Battle of 73 Easting and the Battle of Norfolk? I never heard of those battles at the time or thereafter and I hadn't realized until then that they had names. What an asskicking.

18 hours ago, funngun said:

This place have truly turned into a dump. 

Yeah. It used to be a highly entertaining dark cesspit of the internet. Now it's basically a cross between dark humor, fox & friends, and a metamucil commercial. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/24/2019 at 9:34 PM, Voltaire said:

Once upon a time, I posted a link to a kid that drowned in a septic tank.

That was a sh!tty thing to do. 

2 hours ago, Kopy said:

Are these the same kids that eat tide pods?

They come in such yummy colors.