Sign in to follow this  
NorthernVike

Rand Paul: 'Time for Congress to investigate' Obama

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) said Wednesday that lawmakers should investigate President Obama, suggesting that he could have played a role in the years-long Russia investigation that concluded over the weekend.

In a tweet, the senator suggested that Congress should probe the origins of the now-shuttered special counsel investigation into Russian election interference and the Trump campaign, seemingly suggesting that Obama was involved in the FBI probe that predated it.

"I agree with @kimguilfoyle Time for Congress to investigate. What did President Obama know and when? How did this hoax go on for so long unabated?" Paul asked.

Obama reportedly was informed by the FBI in 2016 that it was investigating Russia attempts to interfere in the 2016 election, but according to multiple news reports was warned against going public with the investigation by Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.), who warned that Republicans would see it as a partisan move aimed at helping Hillary Clinton.

There's no evidence that the former president ever ordered an investigation into the Trump campaign itself, as the FBI's probe of the campaign began following comments George Papadopoulos reportedly made to Australian diplomats about Russia's theft of emails from the Democratic National Committee (DNC) in May of 2016.

The New York Times reported in 2018 that Papadopolous' comments lead directly to the formation of the FBI's Russia investigation, which evolved into the special counsel probe after President Trump fired then-FBI Director James Comey in 2017.

Trump and his allies have repeatedly attacked the Mueller investigation as a corrupt effort to delegitimize his presidency.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/rand-paul-time-for-congress-to-investigate-obama/ar-BBVj8lt?li=BBnb7Kz

I can't wait.  🍿🍿🍿

wiff will be along shortly to tell me that this could have gone in a number of other threads.  :lol:

• Like 1

My favorite family. The Paul's

Ron, Rand and Ru

53 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

There's no evidence that the former president ever ordered an investigation into the Trump campaign itself

Oh but we know there is evidence thanks to Bruce Ohr, Lisa Page and James Baker singing like canaries.

Also, the UK and AUS help to spy on Trump wouldn't have come from Comey/McCabe/Brennan/Clapper......They would only do that at the request of the POTUS at the time.

:cheers:

Hussein better lawyer up. 

They ain't gonna find anything on anyone...Democrats or Republicans. 

Why can't these people call a truce and get on with governing this country?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BufordT said:

They ain't gonna find anything on anyone...Democrats or Republicans. 

Why can't these people call a truce and get on with governing this country?

In war you don't get to call 'Sike' or 'Time out' when you're out of ammo. The Dems launched everything they had for 3 plus years now........time for PAIN.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm all for it......but to me this screams of Rand trying to gain back some popularity that he lost recently.

They should investigate Obama's role in the Spygate Scandal, and branch it out into all of his financial dealings, finances of his relatives, everyone he has spoken to, his tax returns, and so forth. Equal treatment.

21 minutes ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

In war you don't get to call 'Sike' or 'Time out' when you're out of ammo. The Dems launched everything they had for 3 plus years now........time for PAIN.

Benghazi, no charges....waste of time and money.

Emails, no charges....waste of time and money.

Mueller, no charges (despite what Dems think)....waste of time and money.

Anything else was and will be a waste of time and money.

• Thanks 1

Maybe it would be best to ensure the Mueller report is never released, that Mueller can’t ever talk about his findings, and that the grand juries that are working on the still active Trump-Russia cases are all buried.....before opening investigations into what Obama was told about Trump and Russia. 

Cart before horse, take a mile instead of an inch,  fat lady singing, and other popular phrases that would serve y’all well. 

4 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

Maybe it would be best to ensure the Mueller report is never released, that Mueller can’t ever talk about his findings, and that the grand juries that are working on the still active Trump-Russia cases are all buried.....before opening investigations into what Obama was told about Trump and Russia. 

Cart before horse, take a mile instead of an inch,  fat lady singing, and other popular phrases that would serve y’all well. 

Or drop it all and move onto health insurance 

45 minutes ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

Hitem' hard and often.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, drobeski said:

Or drop it all and move onto health insurance 

I noticed that.  Pelosi comes out and says that everyone should really be talking about Healthcare because that is what they have been focused on all this time...   :huh:

Dutifully, CNN and the other propaganda arms for the Dem party went right to that, I was really surprised they pivoted so hard at her direction, so transparently at her direction  :wacko:

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, BufordT said:

What do those three things have in common? Hillary was the root cause of them all.

Let's get the real criminal under REAL investigation.

1 minute ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

What do those three things have in common? Hillary was the root cause of them all.

Fine. Lock her up then let's move on.  Don't really care.  These investigations (and lack of results) are getting pathetic.

Just now, BufordT said:

Fine. Lock her up then let's move on.  Don't really care.  These investigations (and lack of results) are getting pathetic.

If it were just her, it'd be simple. This has so many layers entwined and embedded throughout the world...............by design. Hard to completely remove the cancer without killing the host.

3 minutes ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

If it were just her, it'd be simple. This has so many layers entwined and embedded throughout the world...............by design. Hard to completely remove the cancer without killing the host.

Wiff?  Is that you?

1 hour ago, BufordT said:

All of those were corrupt, that's why there was no justice / victory

Let's first agree that all politicians will have varying levels of corruption, some are worse than others, and we can never really be sure who truly is the worst....

There is the same amount of "evidence" available to us to suspect  Hillary Clinton was dirty and violated the law as there is for Trump, perhaps more....

I am pretty sure that an honest investigation would arrive at the conclusion that Clinton did enough to warrant jail time, I doubt it would be possible to say the same for Obama. But given the wire tapping of the Trump campaign and other elements of the Russian hoax, perhaps there is more there for him.

I care about Benghazi, but I think she is only really guilty of incompetence.....i think Obama and Clinton likely took actions to undermine the election, and i would like that looked at.

The left.  Move on.  What else are they going to say?  They are the dirty ones, they know it, and now we the people deserve to know the full extent of their shenanigans crimes! 

9 minutes ago, Ray Lewis's Limo Driver said:

Let's first agree that all politicians will have varying levels of corruption, some are worse than others, and we can never really be sure who truly is the worst....

There is the same amount of "evidence" available to us to suspect  Hillary Clinton was dirty and violated the law as there is for Trump, perhaps more....

I am pretty sure that an honest investigation would arrive at the conclusion that Clinton did enough to warrant jail time, I doubt it would be possible to say the same for Obama. But given the wire tapping of the Trump campaign and other elements of the Russian hoax, perhaps there is more there for him.

I care about Benghazi, but I think she is only really guilty of incompetence.....i think Obama and Clinton likely took actions to undermine the election, and i would like that looked at.

Stinger missiles............Benghazi.............she owns that.

19 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

The left.  Move on.  What else are they going to say?  They are the dirty ones, they know it, and now we the people deserve to know the full extent of their shenanigans crimes! 

As far I can tell, the left is doing everything but moving on. hth

5 hours ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

But all 3 investigations that came up empty were into her already.  :dunno:

7 hours ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

They deserve to have their necks snapped on live TV.

The Fake News same thing.

The retards online (Twitter, CommieGuys, etc) they just deserve to be mocked for the rest of their lives.

But the media, politicians, and members of Obama administration (Brennan, Clapper, Comey, Lynch, etc) who pushed this hoax in an attempt to steal and overturn an election deserve the death penalty.

• Like 1

Just now, SenatorRock said:

They deserve to have their necks snapped on live TV.

The Fake News same thing.

The retards online (Twitter, CommieGuys, etc) they just deserve to be mocked for the rest of their lives.

But the media, politicians, and members of Obama administration (Brennan, Clapper, Comey, Lynch, etc) who pushed this hoax in an attempt to steal and overturn an election deserve the death penalty.

I'm on bored.  

9 hours ago, cbfalcon said:

But all 3 investigations that came up empty were into her already.  :dunno:

Sorry but those weren't true investigations as we've now learned. Lisa Page and James Baker's testimony revealed the DOJ torpedoed her email investigation. No reason to believe Benghazi and Uranium One were no different. Facts matter............  

The media did to Trump similar things that the GOP Congress did to Hillary. The media has the biggest megaphone but the Congress more power and authority.

I hope and expect Trump to bash the media for this, they deserve it but Obama doesn’t. Obama held his fire rather than make a  partisan political dumpster fire of the thing and it turned out to be the right decision now that we know it is either false or at worst, unprovable.

Seems to me Obama made the right call.

6 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

The media did to Trump similar things that the GOP Congress did to Hillary. The media has the biggest megaphone but the Congress more power and authority.

I hope and expect Trump to bash the media for this, they deserve it but Obama doesn’t. Obama held his fire rather than make a  partisan political dumpster fire of the thing and it turned out to be the right decision now that we know it is either false or at worst, unprovable.

Seems to me Obama made the right call.

Dude, you've got to be on drugs if you think this Russian Collusion story doesn't have a very large chapter with Obama as the main character in it. He's only remained somewhat reserved because he's less exposed than Brennan, Comey, McCabe, etc... The PDBs (Presidential Daily Briefs) were Obama's updates on this coup and he's fair game just like the rest of them.

17 hours ago, cbfalcon said:

Maybe it wouldn’t be best....

At 13:35 mark (qued up at that mark) Brennan talks about briefing the Gang of Eight members individually. He states that 'again with consultation with the White House' i.e. Obama.