Sign in to follow this  
fandandy

Black Reporters Excluded from Georgia Mayoral Event for White Politicians

Sike.  That'd be super racist and it would be all over the news.

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/436433-white-reporters-barred-from-mayoral-election-event-in-georgia

Only African-American members of the press were allowed to enter a meeting to discuss an upcoming mayoral race in Georgia, according to a report this week. 

"No media (T.V. Radio, etc.) Black Press Only!" read a sign posted on the door of Bolton Street Baptist Church, the Savannah Morning News reported.

White reporters were denied entry while black reporters for at least two television stations and the publisher of the black-owned Savannah Tribune newspaper were allowed into the meeting. 

The community event was advertised by the Trigon Group, a consulting firm, as an opportunity to hear from black candidates for mayor.

The Rev. Clarence Teddy Williams, the organizer of the event, declined to comment to the Savannah Morning News on the entry policy.

Reporters who got inside were prohibited from taking photos, video or audio recording, according to Stephen Moody, an African-American reporter with WJCL who attended the event.

There are three black mayoral candidates who have so far announced campaigns against incumbent Mayor Eddie Deloach, who was the first white mayor of Savannah in 20 years following his 2015 election, The Associated Press noted.

Savannah Alderman Van Johnson, who spoke at the meeting about his campaign for mayor, said groups have the right to determine how they assemble.

“It’s not my meeting,” Johnson said when asked of the discriminatory policy a the door. “I was asked to come and give a statement, so I came and I gave a statement. What I said in there, I’ll say out here.”

I'm all for it. It's such a good idea we should expand  on it into other areas of society. Let's get er done

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I'm all for it. It's such a good idea we should expand  on it into other areas of society. Let's get er done

It's a slippery slope though.  Next thing you know they'll want their own drinking fountains.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, fandandy said:

It's a slippery slope though.  Next thing you know they'll want their own drinking fountains.

Water fountains that have grape flavor

10 minutes ago, SenatorRock said:

Let's face it, liberals are the most racist people on the planet right now.

Yes. By a large margin no less.

Did anybody see the beginning of braveheart? or that scene in The Patriot? I think it's great that they want to lock themselves in a large wooden structure. Now, does any place still sell torches?

... Punches first guy who grabs for a flashlight.

6 hours ago, riversco said:

damn i dont know how to post images on this forum.

FB_IMG_1552784328606.jpg.50ce74f3e04b54555220e9b33f84c02d.jpg

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, NorthernVike said:

FB_IMG_1552784328606.jpg.50ce74f3e04b54555220e9b33f84c02d.jpg

Not only are you a sh*tbag for dishonoring Bob, but you're a also pr*ck for not telling us where dad hides the booze.

1 hour ago, Voltaire said:

Not only are you a sh*tbag for dishonoring Bob, but you're a also pr*ck for not telling us where dad hides the booze.

You never asked.  :dunno:

the-shambles-6%25255B2%25255D.jpg?imgmax

On 3/29/2019 at 10:06 PM, SenatorRock said:

Let's face it, liberals are the most racist people on the planet right now.

Hands down.....  👍

1 hour ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

So everyone else got black balled? Dogfart productions.............

:Mr-T: