Sign in to follow this  
Frozenbeernuts

Woman mistakes car for her Uber

Political Science major.  😵

Does it make me a bad person if I say there's now 1 less dumb@ss in the world

7 minutes ago, Kopy said:

Does it make me a bad person if I say there's now 1 less dumb@ss in the world

Yes.

And, fair or not, Uber and Lyft are going to have to try to find a way to combat this kind of thing.

I did this once, here in china. Just got in a random car and buckled up. The Didi (Chinky Uber) guys drive a very common make of car. Eventually I figured out I'm a dumbass and got out. 

This is the problem with PC culture. Take a look at that guy. Why would anyone get in a car with him? I don't care if he has credentials or not. Fock being polite when it's dark out. Guy looks like a creep or a thug, probably is. She most likely thought this guy was shady, but didn't want to offend.  Fock that. Don't want to be judged negatively? Shave and comb your hair for starters. And maybe do something about those flaring nostrils. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wiffleball said:

Yes.

And, fair or not, Uber and Lyft are going to have to try to find a way to combat this kind of thing.

Doesn't uber and lyft already combat it by saying compare with the license plate provided before getting into a car?

21 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

This is the problem with PC culture. Take a look at that guy. Why would anyone get in a car with him? I don't care if he has credentials or not. Fock being polite when it's dark out. Guy looks like a creep or a thug, probably is. She most likely thought this guy was shady, but didn't want to offend.  Fock that. Don't want to be judged negatively? Shave and comb your hair for starters. And maybe do something about those flaring nostrils. 

Agreed. I find most crazy people to be kinda dirty to. Is there some sort of unwritten rule that says you're not supposed to shower If you're crazy or sketchy looking?

46 minutes ago, sderk said:

Doesn't uber and lyft already combat it by saying compare with the license plate provided before getting into a car?

Exactly.  They have a make, model, license number and a picture of your driver.  You are supposed to check that first.  My  guess is that she might have been a little intoxicated.

• Thanks 1

At first i was pretty horrified, but what i say it was in SC I knew it could not possibly be emily grace...

Link

Whew....

23 hours ago, lickin_starfish said:

No focking way would I get in an Uber if the driver looked like that. Not even if I was carrying.

Same. I cancel and rerequest if they assign a minority driver to me. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

If that were the case, then you will never get a ride.  

3 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

If that were the case, then you will never get a ride.  

Cincinnati has lots of white people and uber drivers. 

2 hours ago, Ray Lewis's Limo Driver said:

At first i was pretty horrified, but what i say it was in SC I knew it could not possibly be emily grace...

Link

Whew....

Serious note, as much as I'm pissed off the double standard the women constantly enjoy. And as stupid as I think 99% of me to is. And how nobody talks about female privilege? Jesus Christ, do they skate through life or what? Especially if they're good looking. F***, they will never not find work and or money.

But having said all that, the fact that literally every week some woman doing nothing but jogging or standing or walking or whatever just gets snatched up raped and murdered. That's something guys just never have to think about.

Makes me think sometimes that maybe those two paragraphs above are some kind of trade-off. But sure as hell,not a bargain.

44 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

I'm not saying every minority driver, just ones who look like gangbangers. I'm sure there are white drivers who are equally scummy.

If you're a woman, and alone, at 2 o'clock in the morning using an Uber type service - and don't have any better sense than to verify who they are...............................well. :dunno:

With the advances we're making with driverless technology, got to think Uber and Lyft are one of them there transitional industries.

3 hours ago, wiffleball said:

With the advances we're making with driverless technology, got to think Uber and Lyft are one of them there transitional industries.

I believe that Uber and Lyft will be making more investments in driverless cars.  Their industry is not transitional.  Their drivers, much like taxi drivers, are going to be phased out eventually.

13 hours ago, wiffleball said:

Uber can't wait for driverless cars. They will make a fortune on it. 

Saw the Lyft IPO thing today on TV. They had a bunch of lyft (non-driver) employees standing behind a banner. Waaaaaaay too diverse. Pass. 

horrible horrible story. family lives not too far from me in nj. video just released of her getting in car. feet away from crowd standing outside bar.

focking animal in custody.

I'm guessing she was a little too drunk to think straight. So by the time she figured out she was fvcked, the doors were locked. I'm really surprised it took this long for this to happen. Tons of sexual assaults but this is the first POS that actually attacked & killed the passenger.

Twenty-five years from now this guy might actually be put to death unless of course some wackadoodle liberal judge deems his death penalty cruel and unusual punishment.

On 3/30/2019 at 9:47 PM, wiffleball said:

Black Rides Matter.

Big glorious titties matter

It sucks.  But at the end of the day, you have to be responsible for yourself.

There's a reason why it's hardwired in our brains to judge others solely based on appearances.  PC tries hard to admonish it, but you can't change reality.