ZeroTolerance

More good times at Dodger Stadium

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/26405189/man-severely-hurt-incident-dodgers-game?platform=amp

A man was severely injured in an altercation at Dodger Stadium on Friday, and the Los Angeles Dodgers said they are cooperating with the police investigation into the incident.

"Last night, an altercation occurred suddenly between two men who were leaving the stadium," the Dodgers said in a statement Saturday. "One of the men was injured as a result of the altercation. A witness immediately reported the incident to stadium personnel, and emergency medical technicians were promptly dispatched to provide medical assistance at the scene. The matter is now being investigated by the Los Angeles Police Department, and the Dodgers are cooperating fully with the investigation."

The man, identified as Rafael Reyna by his wife, Christel, is in the hospital and on life support after he suffered a fractured skull among other head injuries. Christel Reyna told KABC that she didn't see what started the altercation as they left Friday's Diamondbacks-Dodgers game but that she heard Rafael Reyna arguing with someone and then a loud cracking sound.

Does Sabermetrics account for skull fracture rate in their 'park factors' calculation? 

Sometimes you need to fracture someone's skull to let him know that your group of guys is better than his group of guys at hitting a ball with a stick and running around a track. Stand up for the important issues in the world.

Interesting... That was a 13 inning game (I watched but gave up in the 12th).  Figure they stop serving in the 7th, so they couldn't have been that drunk.  But, the DBacks won, and Chevez Ravine never struck me as a safe stadium for visiting fans.  I go to LA on business all of the time (more near LAX than downtown tho) and I've thought about going to a game when the DBacks are in town.  But then I think about getting my skull fractured by some POS Dodger fan and decide not to.  

LA, the city of Angels.  :mellow:

28 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Interesting... That was a 13 inning game (I watched but gave up in the 12th).  Figure they stop serving in the 7th, so they couldn't have been that drunk.  But, the DBacks won, and Chevez Ravine never struck me as a safe stadium for visiting fans.  I go to LA on business all of the time (more near LAX than downtown tho) and I've thought about going to a game when the DBacks are in town.  But then I think about getting my skull fractured by some POS Dodger fan and decide not to.  

LA, the city of Angels.  :mellow:

If you go without wearing any gears fans won’t know. I’ve never had problems in opposing stadiums even wearing Philly stuff but you can’t take the bait.

27 minutes ago, MDC said:

If you go without wearing any gears fans won’t know. I’ve never had problems in opposing stadiums even wearing Philly stuff but you can’t take the bait.

True, but Dodger fans are insufferable in our stadium.  Much like the Cowboys, the Dodgers were "the" team here (and in the hispanic community in general) before we got the DBacks.  Add to that we have a lot of LA transplants because they focked the shiot out of that city so they've moved here.  So they roll in with their gear and their chants... I guess I should feel good that my city typically tends not to skull fracture such people?  :dunno:

Back in the 90s with the Cowboys though... Sun Devil stadium, 110 degrees in September, everyone using beer for hydration... those games were like Bloodsport meets Thunderdome.  We had season tickets but we stopped going to those games -- I was getting older and wiser and had a wife and family, not a good time for a skull fracture.

2 hours ago, MDC said:

Lol. Clown. 

2 hours ago, jerryskids said:

True, but Dodger fans are insufferable in our stadium.  Much like the Cowboys, the Dodgers were "the" team here (and in the hispanic community in general) before we got the DBacks.  Add to that we have a lot of LA transplants because they focked the shiot out of that city so they've moved here.  So they roll in with their gear and their chants... I guess I should feel good that my city typically tends not to skull fracture such people?  :dunno:

Back in the 90s with the Cowboys though... Sun Devil stadium, 110 degrees in September, everyone using beer for hydration... those games were like Bloodsport meets Thunderdome.  We had season tickets but we stopped going to those games -- I was getting older and wiser and had a wife and family, not a good time for a skull fracture.

I’m surprised to hear that - I had no problems at AT&T other than some more or less good natured trash talk.

1 hour ago, MDC said:

I’m surprised to hear that - I had no problems at AT&T other than some more or less good natured trash talk.

FaceTime or just regular call? 

The only time I have been personally afraid at a game was leaving the old Giants Stadium in Eagles jersey and cap after this game:

Guy I was with was a Giants fan - you could see him die inside. The vibe in the parking lot afterward was Ugly. I got out of there fast.

Worst fights I ever saw were in Washington Nationals Park on a bus trip in  I believe 2009. There were nearly as many Phillies fans there as Nats. Whole sections were brawling by the late innings. Brad Lidge let up a 3-run HR to lose it in the bottom of the 9th. :wall:

There's trying hard, then there's this. MDC= sad person 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MDC said:

The only time I have been personally afraid at a game was leaving the old Giants Stadium in Eagles jersey and cap after this game:

Guy I was with was a Giants fan - you could see him die inside. The vibe in the parking lot afterward was Ugly. I got out of there fast.

The Giants sucked in 03 on their way to a 4-12 record. I doubt anyone was getting too worked up that year. Nice effort though. Yeah, that's the ticket! 

Can we just get right to the heart of it please? The dodgers have been completely infested with Mexicans. That's why it's so dangerous and violent  at their stadium.

Remember that paramedic from a few years ago? The rumor is that the real offenders just skipped on back to Mexico for a little while.

They can't even pronounce dodgers correctly. It comes out like ChaCha's or something. Completely in decipherable. here's a thought Pedro, if you can't pronounce the team, don't go to the game.

Seriously, if Trump spent a single inning in that s*** hole stadium he'd spend the rest of his life saying see? I told you so!

But hey, we can't talk about that. Or the utterly horrific chants that were insanely homophobic and vile in Mexico City stadium for the NFL games.

But hey, catch a Boston fan saying a tenth of that? BETSPN and PCNN would lose their gourds.

6 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Wiff blames Mexicans then runs and votes for democrats 

I did? When?

The New York Football Giants were 2-3 and coming off a 10-6 season when BWest took that punt to the house. Lot of biichface in the stadium that day.

The Times Square of punt returns. :first:

MDC was at the game

42 minutes ago, MDC said:

The New York Football Giants were 2-3 and coming off a 10-6 season when BWest took that punt to the house. Lot of biichface in the stadium that day.

The Times Square of punt returns. :first:

It’s not a lie if you believe it. 

11 minutes ago, 12th Man said:

It’s not a lie if you believe it. 

😂 

58 minutes ago, edjr said:

MDC was at the game

BWest tore a massive gash in the coverage unit and left them groping like retards. Giants fans left the game unsatisfied. :thumbsup:

On 3/31/2019 at 9:25 AM, MDC said:

You can wear your gear you just can't be an asshoIe.

I've been to Cowboys/Raiders games at the colosseum and never had any problems. You're going to hear a lot of sh!t talking but so what? You just have to know who to ignore. You can return fire as long as you aren't trying to be a tough guy. 

I knew full well that I was going to hear "take that sh!t off! You can't wear that sh!t in this house!" So I would wear a Cowboys t-shirt under my Cowboys t-shirt. When somebody inevitably yelled "take that off..." I would take off the top shirt and show them the under shirt. Most would laugh and raise a beer. Some didn't think it was funny at all but like I said, you just have to ignore them.

You can't take on an entire stadium so don't act like you can and you should be fine.