Sign in to follow this  
Strike

Baltimore mayor taking "leave of absence"

11 minutes ago, Kanil said:

Why are we arguing?

That is what you are supposed to do in politics...

6 minutes ago, posty said:

That is what you are supposed to do in politics...

Oh... well then... fock off, that's NOT what you're supposed to do in politics.

Did I do that right?

Just now, Kanil said:

Oh... well then... fock off, that's NOT what you're supposed to do in politics.

Did I do that right?

Yup, pretty much...

:cheers:

I would like to see a republican get a shot in Baltimore. It's where my gf is from, so it's always going to be a part of my life. I love it when frauds who claim to be champions of the poor are exposed

21 hours ago, MDC said:

Not easy to do since Republicans only run like 8 of the Top 50 cities.

The only truly big city with a GOP mayor is San Diego, which has one of the highest homeless populations in the US. Jacksonville, El Paso, Fort Worth and Mesa all have high crime rates and poverty. 

Clearly voters have seen how the GOP has mismanaged burgs like Tulsa SNF they’re in no hurry to give a Republican a try with a big boy city.

I thought the discussion was about decades long Democratic control. San Diego was had 4 Democratic and 2 Republican Mayors since 2005. That is hardly the same.

17 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

I thought the discussion was about decades long Democratic control. San Diego was had 4 Democratic and 2 Republican Mayors since 2005. That is hardly the same.

Great point. Destroys that other, shallow, thoughtless point. 

2 hours ago, Baker Boy said:

The discussion was about whether there are GOP run shiitholes. The answer is “yes.” HTH!

On 11/22/2019 at 10:36 AM, MDC said:

Not easy to do since Republicans only run like 8 of the Top 50 cities.

The only truly big city with a GOP mayor is San Diego, which has one of the highest homeless populations in the US. Jacksonville, El Paso, Fort Worth and Mesa all have high crime rates and poverty. 

Clearly voters have seen how the GOP has mismanaged burgs like Tulsa SNF they’re in no hurry to give a Republican a try with a big boy city.

Mesa has high crime rate and poverty?  By what data?  I mean, it's not Paradise Valley or Scottsdale, but it's not the hood either.  :dunno:

Buddy of mine from HS is all about Baltimore. I don’t know if he lived there when he was younger, has family from there, or what. But he’s all about Baltimore. Loves ravens. Hates trump. Black guy. Served in the army. Got pissed when trump said the city was rat infested. Stayed home from classes to watch the impeachment (or lack of). He’s trying to shift blame to trump saying he does worse things and hasn’t been charged. Also is pissed how they are “going after the black woman” when she isn’t even in office anymore 🙄

I like the guy but completely disagree with him and think he’s an idiot for this 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, MDC said:

The discussion was about whether there are GOP run shiitholes. The answer is “yes.” HTH!

Close, but no.  The discussion was, have Republican's run towns into shiitholes, and still stay in power despite the fact that they caused the problem.  The answer there, is no.  HTH.

• San Diego has had alternating parties at the mayor level.  Currently, their city council is 6 Dems, 2 Reps, and 1 Ind.
  • Jacksonville, since 1968 have had 4.5 Dems and 3.5 Reps as Mayors (one Dem won the election and switched to a Rep).  Since that switch in the early/mid 90's, the Reps have had 3 mayors and 1 Dem.  So, not really continuous decades of Republican control.  Though, from 1888 to 1991, there has been a Democrat Mayor.  At the Council level, there are 9 Reps and 5 Dems.  Without knowing the true history of the city, I don't think you can say that the Reps have had a hold in Jacksonville that compare to those like Chicago, Baltimore, or Detroit.
  • El Paso. the current mayor is Republican - though on El Paso's website, he's listed as "Nonpartisan", the previous 2 were Dems.  Prior to 2001, they all seem to be "Nonpartisan".
  • Fort Worth also has a Republican, currently, but since 1977, there's been 3 Democrats and 4 Republicans holding that office.  According to this website, violent crime rate in the Dallas-Fort Worth area has been steadily trending down since 2005.
  • Mesa doesn't have a lot of info, but the last two mayors are Reps, the prior one was a Libertarian.  I couldn't find anything further back.  That said, according to this website, the violent crime rate is a lot lower today than in 2004 and apparently has been trending down since 1999.

Interestingly enough... this website shows San Diego, El Paso, and Mesa as some of the safest Metro Cities in America.

Care to try again on finding cities with 30 or 40 years of complete dominance by Republican's, where the cities suck?

3 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Close, but no.  The discussion was, have Republican's run towns into shiitholes, and still stay in power despite the fact that they caused the problem.  The answer there, is no.  HTH.

• San Diego has had alternating parties at the mayor level.  Currently, their city council is 6 Dems, 2 Reps, and 1 Ind.
  • Jacksonville, since 1968 have had 4.5 Dems and 3.5 Reps as Mayors (one Dem won the election and switched to a Rep).  Since that switch in the early/mid 90's, the Reps have had 3 mayors and 1 Dem.  So, not really continuous decades of Republican control.  Though, from 1888 to 1991, there has been a Democrat Mayor.  At the Council level, there are 9 Reps and 5 Dems.  Without knowing the true history of the city, I don't think you can say that the Reps have had a hold in Jacksonville that compare to those like Chicago, Baltimore, or Detroit.
  • El Paso. the current mayor is Republican - though on El Paso's website, he's listed as "Nonpartisan", the previous 2 were Dems.  Prior to 2001, they all seem to be "Nonpartisan".
  • Fort Worth also has a Republican, currently, but since 1977, there's been 3 Democrats and 4 Republicans holding that office.
  • Mesa doesn't have a lot of info, but the last two mayors are Reps, the prior one was a Libertarian.  I couldn't find anything further back.  That said, according to this website, the violent crime rate is a lot lower today than in 2004 and apparently has been trending down since 1999.

Care to try again on finding cities with 30 or 40 years of complete dominance by Republican's?

There are none. Republicans can barely run small “cities” like El Paso and Mobile. Why would you trust them to run a big boy city? :wacko: 

1 minute ago, MDC said:

There are none. Republicans can barely run small “cities” like El Paso and Mobile. Why would you trust them to run a big boy city? :wacko: 

It's because the major cities are filled with minorities and people who fall for the faux acceptance, not because the Republican's can't be trusted.  The overall problem is that the Democrats are a huge virus that this country needs to find a vaccination for.

On 11/23/2019 at 4:22 PM, TBayXXXVII said:

It's because the major cities are filled with minorities and people who fall for the faux acceptance, not because the Republican's can't be trusted.  The overall problem is that the Democrats are a huge virus that this country needs to find a vaccination for.

Minorities continue to vote for liberals because they want everyone in the country to suffer instead of just like their own underachieving selves. They know that democratic politicians will ##### up this whole country and that is what the majority of the minorities want. They don't want to look at folks every day who work for a living and build good lives for themselves. 

Someone needs to let the troll know that Gulliani and Bloomberg, the guy that saved NYC and the other guy that kept it going in the right direction were republicans. I think NYC qualifies as a big boy city. And under any measurement under ultra liberal Diblasio NYC is slipping back. You would think that Troll would know this. 

Yeah, crickets. The troll slimed away as usual when defeated. Lightweight. 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Big deal. $4,000 check and it’s over.

Doesn't make her trustworthy. 

38 minutes ago, Strike said:

Another upstanding Baltimore city employee:

https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/crime/bs-md-ci-cr-mosby-indicted-20220113-ue7ca7pjujek5bf2eoinrssf54-story.html

And these cities wonder why they continue to be sh*tholes.

:doh:

If you put a competent leader anywhere in that city you will hear screams of racism.

Competency and the AA community do not mix well.

1 minute ago, RLLD said:

If you put a competent leader anywhere in that city you will hear screams of racism.

Competency and the AA community do not mix well.

I don't know her.  She might be completely competent.  But she's definitely corrupt as hell.

1 hour ago, Strike said:

https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/crime/bs-md-ci-cr-mosby-indicted-20220113-ue7ca7pjujek5bf2eoinrssf54-story.html

I knew she was crooked with her "I'm a black woman, hear me roar" shtick during the Freddie Gray case.

13 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

I knew she was crooked with her "I'm a black woman, hear me roar" shtick during the Freddie Gray case.

She’s half black. And full on corrupt. 

On 11/22/2019 at 4:03 PM, Filthy Fernadez said:

I blame MDC's mom.

:( 

47 minutes ago, Strike said:

I don't know her.  She might be completely competent.  But she's definitely corrupt as hell.

Oh, I know her and I can assure you she isn’t competent. She had both hands wrapped up in the Freddie Gray debacle and subsequent riots which the city still hasn’t recovered from…and likely never will. 

1 minute ago, avoiding injuries said:

Oh, I know her and I can assure you she isn’t competent. She had both hands wrapped up in the Freddie Gray debacle and subsequent riots which the city still hasn’t recovered from…and likely never will. 

When I lived in Baltimore and later Annapolis in the 90s, Baltimore was having serious problems with firefighters being ambushed/attacked when responding to fires. 

I was in some of the deep inner city schools and they were simply a mess. Black teachers screaming at black kids trying to keep control of them. 

One of my friend's wife taught hearing impaired kids in one of the schools there, who often times had other disabilities, and she told me once that the school required the teachers to ration out toilet paper as needed when kids asked to go to the bathroom. 

That place has been focked up for a long time.

Mosby saw an opening with the Freddie Gray case, as did other exploiters, and jumped on it.  Likely thinking it would propel her to be mayor.....

She is a filthy POS, sought to fracture the community through the Gray case for her personal benefit.  Just a piece of absolute TRASH. So glad she got caught. 

13 hours ago, Strike said:

Unfortunately, our website is currently unavailable in your country. We are engaged on the issue and committed to looking at options that support our full range of digital offerings to your market. We continue to identify technical compliance solutions that will provide all readers with our award-winning journalism.

----

19 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Unfortunately, our website is currently unavailable in your country. We are engaged on the issue and committed to looking at options that support our full range of digital offerings to your market. We continue to identify technical compliance solutions that will provide all readers with our award-winning journalism.

----

You’re not missing anything. Especially not “award winning journalism”.