Sign in to follow this  
vuduchile

New mayor of Chicago checks all the boxes

Meh, she says she wants to stop the corruption.  Sounds good I suppose, until they find her at the bottom of Lake Michigan wearing cement shoes. :(

So she promised the "poor" a bunch of stuff. Unique platform. 

I do like this. Thanks for Chicago continues to be a crap hole, that's one less big excuse the blacks will have.

I hope she comes in and has the peoples interests at the fore.   But I also hope she does not maintain the same Dem/leftist ideology that has shown to be a failure everywhere.

She could either turn the place around, like they did in Providence; or she could let it become west Seattle.....the right policies will make all the difference.

She is more promising than what Chicago has had for a mayor in a while. I'm pretty happy she defeated the lifetime politician that would have just bilked the city out of money for her cronies.

32 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

She is more promising than what Chicago has had for a mayor in a while. I'm pretty happy she defeated the lifetime politician that would have just bilked the city out of money for her cronies.

She's the lesser of two evils. 

Lesser of two evils?

More promising?

She will be a failure just like every other Democrat.

I love this part of the article... "Lightfoot promised to rid City Hall of corruption...".  LOL.  Uh, they're ALL DEMOCRATS!!  Of their 50 member council, there's 48 Dems, 1 Ind, and 1 Republican.  Boy, that 1 Republican must be doing tons of damage.  They haven't had a Republican mayor since 1931.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

the lifetime politician that would have just bilked the city out of money for her cronies.

But that is the Chicago Way!

Just now, Bert said:

But that is the Chicago Way!

This one will be totally different.

16 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

This one will be totally different.

😂

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I love this part of the article... "Lightfoot promised to rid City Hall of corruption...".  LOL.  Uh, they're ALL DEMOCRATS!!  Of their 50 member council, there's 48 Dems, 1 Ind, and 1 Republican.  Boy, that 1 Republican must be doing tons of damage.  They haven't had a Republican mayor since 1931.

It would be nice to get a republican in there. There are way too many democrats that have their hand in every day affairs. The city needs someone who is going to try his best to make sure businesses don't flea as taxes sky rocket. 

Big city mayors have a lot on their plate. I don't know the first thing about her, I presume she's a far left Democrat as most are, but even then they come with various degrees of competence, corruption, and judgement.

The city of Detroit only elects far left Democrats but there's a world of difference between quality mayors like Mike Duggan and Dennis Archer than there is with uber-crooks like Coleman Young and Kwame Kilpatrick. While it's easy for things go to sh*t under Coleman Young and Kwame, but Duggan and Archer can and do make things better.

Hopefully, for Chicago's sake, she's one of the better ones. I wouldn't wish Coleman Young on anyone. No city deserves that.

2 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Not in my view. 

Daley further segregated the city, creating a shiny, safer north side and downtown while leaving the south and west side ghettos to worsen in every way.  He also left the city basically insolvent by misappropriating the city's funds during his tenure.  

Emmanuel was handed that pile of sh!t on a silver platter and never even took a single bite.  Crime is out of control, schools are a mess, corruption is rampant.  By all accounts, he was a colossal failure.  

This chick may be an outsider to the political machine, but I just can't get behind another progressive mayor.  The city doesn't need to be more progressive.  It needs to be tougher on violent criminals, fix the school system and revamp it's outdated model of governance.  The mayor has too much power and there are twice as many alderman than what is necessary to run the city.  

1 hour ago, vuduchile said:

Not in my view. 

Daley further segregated the city, creating a shiny, safer north side and downtown while leaving the south and west side ghettos to worsen in every way.  He also left the city basically insolvent by misappropriating the city's funds during his tenure.  

Emmanuel was handed that pile of sh!t on a silver platter and never even took a single bite.  Crime is out of control, schools are a mess, corruption is rampant.  By all accounts, he was a colossal failure.  

This chick may be an outsider to the political machine, but I just can't get behind another progressive mayor.  The city doesn't need to be more progressive.  It needs to be tougher on violent criminals, fix the school system and revamp it's outdated model of governance.  The mayor has too much power and there are twice as many alderman than what is necessary to run the city.  

Idk whats not in your view. All I said was she's more promising than the lifetime Chicago politician who was also on the ballot. That seems like a no brainer to me. It doesn't mean I think she is going to be great because I have no clue. I don't think that being ultra left will fix anything in the city

24 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Idk whats not in your view. All I said was she's more promising than the lifetime Chicago politician who was also on the ballot. That seems like a no brainer to me. It doesn't mean I think she is going to be great because I have no clue. I don't think that being ultra left will fix anything in the city

I agree with that. There is so much corruption there.

I'll bet she checks all the boxes she can.  :ninja:

3 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

It would be nice to get a republican in there.

Like say, Charle Baker in MA? 😐

10 minutes ago, Mookz said:

I'll bet she checks all the boxes she can.  :ninja:

🖖  <---- shocker

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I understand she might be better than Rahm, but that’s a really low bar.  

She might help stifle corruption, but I can’t see a progressive platform being an answer to this city’s woes.  

I also believe there are certain individuals who identify as lesbo and are that first and foremost, above all else.  Those types of people tend to see issues primarily from that perspective.  

She strikes me as that type of person.  We’ll find out soon enough. 

5 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

It would be nice to get a republican in there. There are way too many democrats that have their hand in every day affairs. The city needs someone who is going to try his best to make sure businesses don't flea as taxes sky rocket. 

No one side should ever dominate a city/region.  One can continually have a majority, but to have a total monopoly on either side is never a good thing.

2 minutes ago, frank said:

Really? No one’s going to make a boxes joke? 

Squares :mad:

9 minutes ago, kutulu said:

Squares :mad:

I know. I thought they were cool too. 

Maybe Obama can return to Chicago and coach her how to rid that city of corruption, crime and racism like he did back in the day.....or.....not. I guess he would have had to have proven that he could do something like that at least once before in his life. :dunno:

I don't know or care about Chicago politics but since Rahm seemed to be on the side of the cops, he can't have been all that bad.