Sign in to follow this  
Voltaire

'Woke' People are the Real Racists

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/29/style/modern-love-race-i-broke-up-with-her-because-shes-white.html

Look at this 30 y/o Hispanic guy given a column in the mainstream New York Times. "She a great girl and there's nothing wrong with her but I broke up with her because she's white. Understand me. Have sympathy for my perspective."

How about ... fock off? How about ... she doesn't deserve you and that's not because you're half Dominican and half Colombian but because you're a racist sh*tbag? 

It's the same thing with 'cultural appropriation' and affirmative action. Who are the real racists here? Who are the people judging others by the color of their skin and not the content of their character? It's these leftists. And they're the ones on their high horses pointing their fingers at others as being racists.

Here I am in this 'den of racists' or whatever the Geek Club is, I've got three half-asian kids, the oldest almost twelve, and in all that time, I've not endured a single insult or putdown for having mixed-race kids. Meanwhile the NYTimes is publishing articles like this.

We're not fully off the hook, sadly I've seen peenie put up with posts that cross the line, but for the most part we're ten times better about being color blind and race-neutral than these woke white liberals with cultural authority and power who lecture us all the time but are full of hypocracy.

• Like 3

Liberals have returned to their racist roots, and hide behind a facade of virtuosity......but any sane person can see past it.

Liberals are still racists, the deplorable conditions of their electorate across the board show this, their words show it as well, their ideology is becoming increasingly perverse.

The way we see the attempted justification of racism is startling...evil....and dangerous.

Their ideology is self-defeating, but they ignore this fact for the immediate self-gratification. 

Some on the white left are so fvcked they are racist against themselves. All of the current white shame crap is a sign of serious mental derangement. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sderk said:

Some on the white left are so fvcked they are racist against themselves. All of the current white shame crap is a sign of serious mental derangement. 

They should pull a Buddhist monk move and set themselves on fire as a way to virtue signal. 

I think the media is in a race to find the people with the furthest views from center.  People do not like to read stories from rational normal people.

NYT realizes that if they publish stories such as this one, that it has a chance of going viral and getting shared throughout the internet. There are very few people that feel like the author, but they still have business reasons to push this story.

Do not consider people like this author to be the majority of even the far left. This is just the media trying to influence people and make money.

• Like 1

Did you guys read the article? I did, thanks Volty for posting it.

It's very difficult, I feel, for you all to understand the other side of the fence.

I appreciate the author thinking about the decisions he is making. Hopefully, he'll come back full circle and date whichever woman makes him happy.

For me, whenever I see a black man with a white woman and if I ever feel any negative way about it, I always remember Emmett Till in his coffin. I should not feel any other way but glad they found each other and that the this country is no longer against interracial relationships.

Any time someone brings up cultural appropriation I like to point out the use of cars, banks, electricity, social media, etc. Stuff created by white people and used primarily by white people to begin with. Part of white peoples culture but they tend to find some excuse to justify the usage of them. Personally, IDGAF what people do or wear. But to only allow exclusive access to certain things based on race is racist. There’s no way around that. Call it “cultural appropriation” all you want but level headed people call it what it is: racism. 

I don't think the article discussed cultural appropriation or that he was racist against whites. I think he was simply tired of feeling bad about dating a white girl because of the negative stares he got from people. He was then recalling that his family was also against him dating black women that were dark. He knew that his father made efforts to look less ethnic so that he was chosen by whiter Latinas. He is struggling with knowing if he truly liked his white girlfriend for her or if it's because she's white and does she like him for him or because he's Latino. He decided he didn't want to worry about race at all so he broke up with her. He was also aware that perhaps the feelings he was having was more self inflicted than from others.

I think it's hard for you to understand because you guys are the most desired group.

2 minutes ago, peenie said:

I don't think the article discussed cultural appropriation or that he was racist against whites. I think he was simply tired of feeling bad about dating a white girl because of the negative stares he got from people. He was then recalling that his family was also against him dating black women that were dark. He knew that his father made efforts to look less ethnic so that he was chosen by whiter Latinas. He is struggling with knowing if he truly liked his white girlfriend for her or if it's because she's white and does she like him for him or because he's Latino. He decided he didn't want to worry about race at all so he broke up with her. He was also aware that perhaps the feelings he was having was more self inflicted than from others.

I think it's hard for you to understand because you guys are the most desired group.

That is called racist. 

37 minutes ago, DonS said:

They should pull a Buddhist monk move and set themselves on fire as a way to virtue signal. 

Wouldn't bother me. Just as long as they don't try to take out others with them. Like blowing themselves up at gas station or something. Because that is how the left is these days. They will shame themselves but condemn others at the same time. 

6 minutes ago, sderk said:

That is called racist. 

I disagree. People of different religions break up with one another despite being in love. People from "old money" often won't marry people who aren't from a similar background. Heck, there are gay men married to women because they don't want to deal with the scrutiny.

My favorite example of the Walk bulshit double standard is when Trevor Noah said that the kid from the Catholic school had the most punchable face.

no, just for a minute but set aside the fact that it was a bunch of hardcore negroes shouting words that I can even write in this thread using the worst possible names for homosexuals and whatnot that suddenly all the blacks and liberals decided not to cover or be offended by.

but if I said any of these negroes with their little braids in their hair and their gold teeth and all the other stupid s*** that makes them look stupid have the most punchable faces, I'd be dragged down for saying and encouraging violence against negroes.

Still pisses me off that nobody and I mean nobody has gone after those n words that were shouting all that crap at little high school white kids. And apparently that's their whole stick. Just baiting people into a response and then they whip out their government cell phones. And not a single black person said anything about them? Not a single liberal? gee, where is Don Lemon gay outrage when you need it? He should have been doubly offended.

Welp, it looks like any reason to btch and complain about liberals is what is going on this site currently. Disregard the actual topic, just bring up anything that is stuck in your craw.

I'm out...

I feel bad for this guy in the article, he is allowing ideology and the perceptions of others to dictate his happiness.

So what if racist retards look at you, so what if your idiot family does not like it; anyone who is not happy for you being happy can seriously go fock themselves. 

1 minute ago, Ray Lewis's Limo Driver said:

I feel bad for this guy in the article, he is allowing ideology and the perceptions of others to dictate his happiness.

So what if racist retards look at you, so what if your idiot family does not like it; anyone who is not happy for you being happy can seriously go fock themselves. 

Underscores one of the biggest lies in America. out of all the groups, whites are probably the least racist. Asians? Yeah good luck bringing a black guy home to that family. And vice versa.

Go to Asia and don't be surprised when there are bars and restaurants that literally won't let you in if you're Anglo. And they don't think twice about it. Can you imagine the shitstorm those same Asians would raise if we didn't let them into the local luby's down in Texas?

Oh, and is anybody remember me talking about how there is an entire city in Saudi Arabia where if you get lost with your family and try to take the wrong off ramp? They have special forces with machine guns designed to just blast the hell out of you and your family. Better that than to let non-muslims into the city. meanwhile, the Vatican is letting Syrian refugees sleep in the pews of St Peters and elsewhere.

But yeah, we're the ones who are culturally insensitive.

19 minutes ago, peenie said:

I've told this story a few times and I know you've read it.

In the late 90s into 2000, my last girlfriend was a very dark-toned black girl. Not girlfriend, fiance. She dumped me, I was at the lowest point in my life, in part because of losing her. It was over a year and a half that I was completly depressed, a total Incel (although I didn't know that term at the time) that only got cured by getting off the plane in China.

Anyway, I was with her for nearly two years right at the turn of the millenium, no racism. I'd not been made to feel uncomfortable by anyone except one time, I have one story not so much racism as awkward. This problem was largely cured twenty years ago. I know because I was there in the middle of it.

38 minutes ago, peenie said:

I disagree. People of different religions break up with one another despite being in love. People from "old money" often won't marry people who aren't from a similar background. Heck, there are gay men married to women because they don't want to deal with the scrutiny.

I put religion in a different class though don't you? Sharing the same beliefs as related to child rearing and moral/religious standards is important to people. Color of skin is just that, color of skin. And I don't get down on folks that aren't attracted to another race or possibly don't like the focus that a certain person puts on their social or political activities. It's just that if you are telling me that someone loves someone else, and vice versa, and they are compatible, but one person breaks up with the other for the color of their skin, I think that person is a racist or they are lost in life. Hell, in this country you move up on the social scale if you are in a mixed relationship it seems. This is no longer the 1920s.

I didn’t find the column racist except for the clickbaity title, but it is definitely an example of the liberal predilection for diefying minorities and multiculturalism in all cases. I don’t think the writer owns the column though - it looks like a regular column on dating that is written by a different author each time.

Just now, MDC said:

I didn’t find the column racist except for the clickbaity title, but it is definitely an example of the liberal predilection for diefying minorities and multiculturalism in all cases. I don’t think the writer owns the column though - it looks like a regular column on dating that is written by a different author each time.

Yeah, it's a guest columnist; I know all their regular ones and I'd not seen this man's name before. I cannot speak to the arrangement of how guest columnists are chosen and given the opportunity to publsh something.

45 minutes ago, peenie said:

Welp, it looks like any reason to btch and complain about liberals is what is going on this site currently. Disregard the actual topic, just bring up anything that is stuck in your craw.

I'm out...

yep

See the other side of the issue. Imagine the outcry if a white girl/guy posted that about breaking up with a black person.

I don't give two rat's a$$es who you date/fock and maybe if you quit pointing out your skin color is different than ours, we'll quit noticing.

3 hours ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

Imagine the outcry if a white girl/guy posted that about breaking up with a black person.

The political left along with the MSM would go into seek and destroy mode if that occurred. 

How come black women, damn near all of them, getting their hair straightened out isn't cultural appropriation? They have to get their hair did  once a week to keep it that way. 

4 hours ago, peenie said:

I'm out...

How come you deleted the Brillo pad thread last night. I think me and posty were the only ones that saw it. I was looking forward to reading that today 😕

When I 18-23 in school and after that right around when I first started posting here, I think I was liberal. I would repeat all the rhetoric, I thought Noam Chomsky was the smartest mother focker in the world. I’d watch secular talk pretty much everyday. Then Dems started saying white people needed to apologize and that I was racist even though I had never done anything, I needed to pay reparations even though my family didn’t come here until after WWI. I started actually looking at the numbers and realized what they were saying 99% of the time was complete bullish!t. They can blame themselves for the mass exit from the Democratic Party. I don’t know if that would’ve happened naturally when I grew up and I would’ve gravitated towards conservatism like my entire family or if it was the flat out lies and me doing the proper research. All they do is lie and prey on naive people’s emotions and deep down they all hate white people.