Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Not a Good Look for the GOP

WASHINGTON ― The House passed legislation Thursday to reauthorize the Violence Against Women Act, despite the vast majority of Republicans opposing it amid pressure from the National Rifle Association.

The bill, which reauthorizes the landmark 1994 domestic violence law for another five years, easily passed. But 157 Republicans voted against it, along with one Democrat, Rep. Collin Peterson (Minn.). For many of them, it was because the NRA was pushing them to oppose it over its gun safety provisions and warning that a vote in favor of the bill would be reflected in their NRA rating. 

--------------------

Oof. Read the room fellas...

without reading the law, I am sure I can find both sides of the argument compelling

any law that takes away gun rights, I oppose, and so does most of the GOP, and that doesn't have anything to do with the NRA

any argument that says republicans vote for gun stuff cause the NRA is stupid, since republicans all support the 2nd

10 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

without reading the law, I am sure I can find both sides of the argument compelling

any law that takes away gun rights, I oppose, and so does most of the GOP, and that doesn't have anything to do with the NRA

any argument that says republicans vote for gun stuff cause the NRA is stupid, since republicans all support the 2nd

The $11m they gave the Trump campaign and the many millions more to Congressional Republicans is incidental. :thumbsup:

Hmmm....let's compare. 

The GOP doesn't vote for a bill with slightly veiled gun control versus the Dems don't vote for bill protecting a baby ALREADY born from being aborted.

Swing and a wiff.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

Hmmm....let's compare. 

The GOP doesn't vote for a bill with slightly veiled gun control versus the Dems don't vote for bill protecting a baby ALREADY born from being aborted.

Swing and a wiff.

1 hour ago, MDC said:

The $11m they gave the Trump campaign and the many millions more to Congressional Republicans is incidental. :thumbsup:

Again doesn’t matter I’m pro guns pro 2nd of course I accept their money. All republicans are pro nra they aren’t bought by the nra they are like minded. Always hated them smearing Rubio for taking NRA money of course he’s a 2nd amendment guy

i don’t think dems are paid off by planned parenthood just cause they have same donors they just all agree killing babies is a good thing

7 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Again doesn’t matter I’m pro guns pro 2nd of course I accept their money. All republicans are pro nra they aren’t bought by the nra they are like minded. Always hated them smearing Rubio for taking NRA money of course he’s a 2nd amendment guy

i don’t think dems are paid off by planned parenthood just cause they have same donors they just all agree killing babies is a good thing

By that standard why ever criticize any politician for taking lobbyist $? “They’re not bought by the lobbying group - they just share beliefs and gladly accept their money!” 

2 minutes ago, MDC said:

By that standard why ever criticize any politician for taking lobbyist $? “They’re not bought by the lobbying group - they just share beliefs and gladly accept their money!” 

I don’t there should be a max contribution though

1 minute ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

So when you introduce the liberals here to the truth, they label it 'straw-man'?    🤣

hE oWnEd YoU 

4 minutes ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

So when you introduce the liberals here to the truth, they label it 'straw-man'?    🤣

C'mon man, he really thought he got you good this time.

31 minutes ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

Dude he totally owned you

Poor Wifflenuts :(

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

Poor Honcho :(

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MDC said:

Good thing Democrats don't accept money from special interest groups.  If they did, then your post would certainly be hypocritical.

7 hours ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

#HonchoBurn

I believe he might have also called you a "poopy-head" too.  So take that!

1 hour ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Good thing Democrats don't accept money from special interest groups.  If they did, then your post would certainly be hypocritical.

I’m not a democrat, or stupid enough to think that campaign contributions don’t affect politicians votes. :thumbsup:

19 minutes ago, MDC said:

I’m not a democrat, or stupid enough to think that campaign contributions don’t affect politicians votes. :thumbsup:

Your posts look like they could have been ripped directly from the DNC website itself.

You consistently support the Democrat position in every argument. 

You defend Democrat candidates and individuals. 

You rip on the GOP every chance you get, never saying a good word ever.

SURE you're not a Democrat. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Your posts look like they could have been ripped directly from the DNC website itself.

You consistently support the Democrat position in every argument. 

You defend Democrat candidates and individuals. 

You rip on the GOP every chance you get, never saying a good word ever.

SURE you're not a Democrat. :thumbsup:

LINK???

30 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

He's ashamed to admit that he's a Democrat.

They all are. Worst here is the thread starter posting Huffpost content regularly without links.

Poor MDC. Sho claimed he wasn’t a democrat before he went off the rails too. :( 

4 hours ago, 12th Man said:

Poor MDC. Sho claimed he wasn’t a democrat before he went off the rails too. :( 

It’s not surprising. They keep on losing, keep on being hypocrites and are unhinged.

This will be the end of Drumph