Sign in to follow this  
dain11279

Interesting scenario on one of the golf podcasts I was listening to this morning..

Let's say you're presented with this "opportunity":

I give you the chance to putt 5 putts from 5 feet. For every one that you make I give you $10 million, for every one that you miss you spend a year in jail (not max-pound you in the ass prison). You either have to putt all 5 putts or not accept the challenge at all. A few rules:

1. If you miss any, you're hauled off to jail right then and there when you complete the 5.

2. Any money you win is stored away for you and available as soon as you get out.

3. It's not a super difficult putt. Mostly straight.

For the sake of argument all married guys pretend you're single. Most of the guys on the podcast said they would do it. I probably would. The main thing would be what kind of prison it would be. I could lose a few years of my life for 10 or 20 million. But there's also the possibility you miss all 5 and you're in the clink for 5 years with no cash. What say you?

Golf podcast? you make Posty look exciting

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dain11279 said:

Let's say you're presented with this "opportunity":

I give you the chance to putt 5 putts from 5 feet. For every one that you make I give you $10 million, for every one that you miss you spend a year in jail (not max-pound you in the ass prison). You either have to putt all 5 putts or not accept the challenge at all. A few rules:

1. If you miss any, you're hauled off to jail right then and there when you complete the 5.

2. Any money you win is stored away for you and available as soon as you get out.

3. It's not a super difficult putt. Mostly straight.

For the sake of argument all married guys pretend you're single. Most of the guys on the podcast said they would do it. I probably would. The main thing would be what kind of prison it would be. I could lose a few years of my life for 10 or 20 million. But there's also the possibility you miss all 5 and you're in the clink for 5 years with no cash. What say you?

I generally suck when it comes to big time pressure putts, and never have been a great putter as a rule. I think I'd make 2 out of 5.

So 20 million in a bank account waiting for me at retirement.   Yeah I think I'd take that bet.   As long as, as you mentioned, it ain't Alcatraz or nothing

I'd make all 5, but no I wouldn't take the bet.  Just on the off chance a frog popped out of the hole. Not spending 1 day in jail.

1 minute ago, edjr said:

I'd make all 5, but no I wouldn't take the bet.  Just on the off chance a frog popped out of the hole. Not spending 1 day in jail.

Bull

Just now, supermike80 said:

Bull

from 5 feet :lol:

Stop it.

Just now, edjr said:

Stop it.

All 5 with that pressure......Pish posh...Amateurs miss more 2 footers than that

Just now, supermike80 said:

All 5 with that pressure......Pish posh...Amateurs miss more 2 footers than that

I guess you're right with the pressure. But it's not like I'd be playing for a $5 skin or anything. 

better question is would you spend 2 years in jail for 30 million :lol:

Just now, edjr said:

I guess you're right with the pressure. But it's not like I'd be playing for a $5 skin or anything. 

I don't know if I could make 5 5 footers in a row.  Even on the practice green.  3 is solid, 4 would be great...but 5 of 5?   I don't think so.

5 minutes ago, edjr said:

Stop it.

I’d be thrilled if I made 3 out of 5, and still terrified to spend 2 years in jail. 

16 minutes ago, edjr said:

Golf podcast? you make Posty look exciting

:mad:

Posty has never heard of a podcast, I’m way cooler then him

Just now, dain11279 said:

I’d be thrilled if I made 3 out of 5, and still terrified to spend 2 years in jail. 

Would be like the scene from Breakfast club when Bender keeps egging on D1ck Vernon and keeps getting another week of Saturday detention 

I've been looking for a way to spend some time in jail without committing a crime, so yes.  :thumbsup:

Just now, Mookz said:

I've been looking for a way to spend some time in jail without committing a crime, so yes.  :thumbsup:

Do you even golf bro? Missing a 5 footer is a crime

Fvck no. I would go insane in jail. I can't stand just sitting there with nothing to do. I would lose it just from sitting around. I also would never feel that confident in a 5 foot put