Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Ashley McBryde

Did a thread snout her a while back. Damn this search feature.

Already won an ACM for the year. Up for another.

Lately, it's been some cute young thing from American Idol or some stubble faced model fairy who's won Best New artist. She's 35 years old and sure as hell paid her dues. Congratulations.

Pretty great vid:

... and this is why we get Malibu Barbie at the top of the charts. Guys like you. Janis Joplin wouldn't stand a chance these days.

1 hour ago, wiffleball said:

... and this is why we get Malibu Barbie at the top of the charts. Guys like you. Janis Joplin wouldn't stand a chance these days.

Janis could belt out some rock. This is chick singing country. Never been a fan

35 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Janis could belt out some rock. This is chick singing country. Never been a fan

I'd say Bobby McGee is a toss up. But whatever. I'm just glad to see somebody who paid their dues actually getting an award like this.

You linked her earlier as you said.  I liked that other song better.  I like this version of country.  Reminds me of songs from the 90's.  Also, LOL at lickin starfish.  A tatooed Melissa Mccarthy.  :lol:

Wish people would separate looks from music. We have been subjected to lots and lots of horrible music in the last 35 years simply because an artist was attractive. There's no telling what the world has missed out on musically as a result. 

• Thanks 1

Here's the song she performed. It's at the Grand ole opry and not the ACM footage. 

Note the complete absence of backing tracks and backup singers and electronica and yada yada yada.

Not bad for a girl going nowhere.

For some reason, maybe it's just her genuineness and her heart, reminds me of Bonnie raitt.