Sign in to follow this  
Cloaca du jour

America experiencing a "boy crisis"

One thing false about that article, you do not need physics or chemistry in the least to be a well paid welder. They have nothing to do with each other once the process reaches the actual welder. 

5 hours ago, Cloaca du jour said:

I read the article, and it reminds me of the "what is killing white men": thread we had recently. While some may think, things are easy now, for what ever reason, I think they are far more difficult. There are many cost that people have to bear now that did not exist in the recent past. We have a high employment rate, but most of the jobs are shiot. People realize they are not going to have anything, their whole lives and they give up. Some people, like the White fatties in Montana, shot themselves, while more social types, who actually manage to make a connection with a drug dealer, deal with going nowhere with their lives, with dope. 

I noticed the plastic roses for sale at convenience store check-out years before my dumb ass realized what was going on. I kept wondering what female in America would want such a cheap ass rose. Then I found out that the glass tube the rose came in was actually a crack pipe. It dawned on me that the crack ho's that saw the plastic rose coming, knew they were going to get high. The guy that brought the dope and the rose got laid about 100% of the time (weather the lucky girl remained conscious, or not). The return on investment is overwhelmingly in favor of the doper, over a clean and sober FTD customer, for sure. 

The times ain't woke: they're broke. 

1 minute ago, BiPolarBear said:

We have a high employment rate, but most of the jobs are shiot. 

What jobs were you doing at 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 , 20, 21, 22....? 

I was doing bus boy, hotel room service, waitering, bartending, moving furniture, lawn service, until I found something I could work deeper in if I chose to do so. And I did. 

So what's the problem again with today's challenges to our youth? Why are you talking about dopers?

Social change will always have impacts we cannot forecast.

Social change is not necessarily bad, nor is it simply good either. It should happen naturally, in which case negative impacts will be measured and not extreme.

The current mode of social change is forced, violent, nasty, not at all healthy.....not simply because of those factors called out in the article, but also too it is NOT healthy for those suffering from mental illness to be placated.  it might make people feel good, but in the end it is destructive. 

Yeah well, in talking to my teacher friends, a minimum of about 60% of their classes are on psychotropic drugs.

Right now we have the first generation of kids who have literally been medicated since they were probably nine years old. I'm sure the cumulative effects that crap have been thoroughly researched and they're probably perfectly harmless.

But yeah, the current environment of men are evil and women are glorious is complete and utter b*******.

It's a shame that we as a culture spend so much time sitting in classrooms and in our offices...but we can't go back and we can't stop progress.

We could discuss manufacturing jobs leaving and the shift to tech and service industry changing the role of men. How salaries have decreased due to women and other groups competing with men as well as the death of unions....the trade deficit. All help in shaping today's man. 

The bottom line to me is that we're drugging kids to keep them still where in the past that energy would be a benefit to the family. Now you're autistic. 

Not well thought out but you should be able to get my point.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, peenie said:

How salaries have decreased due to women and other groups competing with men as well as the death of unions....the trade deficit. All help in shaping today's man. 

FYI, In a true free market of jobs, where there aren’t incentives for hiring the less skilled employee, this would never happen. Just saying.

3 hours ago, wiffleball said:

Yeah well, in talking to my teacher friends, a minimum of about 60% of their classes are on psychotropic drugs.

Right now we have the first generation of kids who have literally been medicated since they were probably nine years old. I'm sure the cumulative effects that crap have been thoroughly researched and they're probably perfectly harmless.

But yeah, the current environment of men are evil and women are glorious is complete and utter b*******.

60% is a lot of wired kids.  Damn. 

35 minutes ago, peenie said:

It's a shame that we as a culture spend so much time sitting in classrooms and in our offices...but we can't go back and we can't stop progress.

We could discuss manufacturing jobs leaving and the shift to tech and service industry changing the role of men. How salaries have decreased due to women and other groups competing with men as well as the death of unions....the trade deficit. All help in shaping today's man. 

The bottom line to me is that we're drugging kids to keep them still where in the past that energy would be a benefit to the family. Now you're autistic. 

Quality posting

49 minutes ago, peenie said:

Who's "WE"? Do you mean you?

1 hour ago, iam90sbaby said:

FYI, In a true free market of jobs, where there aren’t incentives for hiring the less skilled employee, this would never happen. Just saying.

I haven't seen the less skilled worker being hired but rather the worker that can be paid less. Whether it's the woman being chosen over the man, the minority being chosen over the majority, the young chosen over the old or the illegal being chosen over the legal. 

50 minutes ago, sderk said:

Who's "WE"? Do you mean you?

No, not me. My child wasn't on any meds but my sister's son has to be given something to help him stay calm during the day. He's a smart child, honor roll always, but he wilds out if gets upset. The drug keeps him focused and less hyper. There are a lot of children taking these sort of medication these days. Adults too. 

the black male readers of this article completely stopped reading and lost the point of the whole article, are rather furious and are demanding to know "who you calling boy?"

1 minute ago, peenie said:

No, not me. My child wasn't on any meds but my sister's son has to be given something to help him stay calm during the day. He's a smart child, honor roll always, but he wilds out if gets upset. The drug keeps him focused and less hyper. There are a lot of children taking these sort of medication these days. Adults too. 

Yeah, and many of them are freaking zombies. Hoo, young boy is hyper in school. Jesus Christ, let's lobotomize him immediately!

I'm sure there are valid cases, I'm also sure it's about cases are in the minority given everything we've seen with medical and pharmacological history in the United States.

55 minutes ago, kutulu said:

Blame it on my ADD baby