Sign in to follow this  
sderk

More Antonio Brown love. This time from Juju.

Does popularity and social media media turn every participant into an emotional sniveling high school girl, or just in the case of football players? I can't seem to keep up anymore. Also, I guess Brown can't exist on a team with another good receiver. The NEED is there to leave if that happens per Rosenhaus. 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26464668/juju-answers-ab-slight-slams-ex-steeler-ego

Smith-Schuster is clapping back.

After another social media slight from former teammate Antonio Brown, the Steelers wideout used Twitter to respond on Sunday.

All I ever did was show that man love and respect from the moment I got to the league. I was genuinely happy for him too when he got traded to Oakland w/ a big contract, and now he takes shots at me on social media?

Crazy how big that ego got to be to take shots at people who show you love! Smh

Brown, now an Oakland Raider, got Smith-Schuster's attention with a scathing comment in response to a Steelers fan tagging Brown to a post highlighting Smith-Schuster's team MVP award:

Emotion: boy fumbled the whole post season in the biggest game of year ! Everyone went blind to busy making guys famous not enough reality these days ! 🤙🏾 by the way check the list

The tweet from Brown was citing Smith-Schuster's crucial Week 16 fumble against New Orleans in the final minute that allowed the Saints to hang on for a 31-28 win and dealt a huge blow to the Steelers' playoff hopes....

....Brown's agent, Drew Rosenhaus, told ESPN in a recent interview that the presence of Smith-Schuster wasn't a factor in Brown's desire to be traded, but rather the need for a new start.

I love the last bit from Rosenhaus. Not a factor why he left, but rather a need that he leave. :)  

The more I see of AB in social media the less I like the guy.

Thanks Sderk.  nice read.   It more or less reinforces the Deva label attached to AB.

At this stage of their careers, I would take Ju Ju over AB.  I'm thinking Brown is still a stud this season, but he isn't going to have the same comfort level with Carr.  You can't simply walk into a new offense and have the same comfort level, especially with a QB who isn't nearly as talented as Big Ben, nor has anywhere near the arm strength.  Brown will be bashing Carr before the season is over, or the Coach, or the trainer....  Possibly even the stadium employees.  He's a douche. 

Same quality of Qb, I would still take Brown, even in this stage of his career over JUJu. 

On 4/9/2019 at 6:58 PM, Ray_T said:

Thanks Sderk.  nice read.   It more or less reinforces the Deva label attached to AB.

I don't why, after all the garbage Brown has been through, any team that is not poised to win now, would want him. 

sometimes personnel decisions are based on things other than football.

This team will be in a new city with a new stadium and they need some star power to fill the seats.  I suspect this has less to do with the football itself and more to do with filling those seats.

certainly Brown (even with his deva attitude) will likely make the team better.  no doubt about that

it usually takes a player like that a couple of years to wear out his welcome, so I figure the next 2 years will likely be uneventful on the Brown front now that he is on a new team.

Either way, they have traded away a lot of star power.   they need to bring some in to show their fans they are not just doing a fire sale and a rebuild.   

This transaction will (at least temporarily) create the impression that they may be able to win now. (emphasis on the word may)

The reality is that all those draft picks may take some time to become impact players.  I think there will be at least one rough year ahead before things turn around

take juju