Sign in to follow this  
Fireballer

Dude bet $1500 in Nov for Texas Tech to win NCAA at 200-1 odds

I'm rooting to him. I was not happy that they beat both UM and MSU but I'd as soon those teams lost to the eventual champs.

whats the exchange rate on the moon?

2 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

He's an idiot

For betting 1500 on TT to win? I guess it just depends on whatever he can afford in life.  Or can't afford.

3 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

He's an idiot

Probably an alumni who isn't going to miss $1500.

And apparently Tech made the Elite Eight last year, same coach and a lot of the same players back this year.

They are a good team, but got lucky in getting a bunch of wannabe's in their bracket, kudos to them for playing well though, fun to watch.

I'd take a 5 figure payout.

2 hours ago, Ray Lewis's Limo Driver said:

They are a good team, but got lucky in getting a bunch of wannabe's in their bracket, kudos to them for playing well though, fun to watch.

they've beaten a #2, #1, and #2

27 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

they've beaten a #2, #1, and #2

Yes, and those rankings were <ahem> curious in and of themselves.  Regardless, they are a talented team, I hope they see it through.

3 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

124k on Va ML will guarantee a 6 figure payout.

This is the smart move.  But who knows?  Maybe the guy is already filthy rich.  

1 hour ago, Ray Lewis's Limo Driver said:

Yes, and those rankings were <ahem> curious in and of themselves.  Regardless, they are a talented team, I hope they see it through.

I didn't follow college this year, or really for a few years now...If TT wins it they will have had to beat 4 teams in the final rankings that were in the top ten.  #2, #4, #5, & #8.  That's pretty impressive.  Virginia has been more lucky.  

13 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

I didn't follow college this year, or really for a few years now...If TT wins it they will have had to beat 4 teams in the final rankings that were in the top ten.  #2, #4, #5, & #8.  That's pretty impressive.  Virginia has been more lucky.  

RLLD lives in the Virginia area and has east coast bias. :thumbsup:

5 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

RLLD lives in the Virginia area and has east coast bias. :thumbsup:

I would say this is true. I guess I get how it might be taken as some kind of offense to point out the lesser quality of the teams they played, regardless of the ranking number the NCAA weenies gave them.

That being said I have watched TT play, and they play  what I would suggest is good basketball, so in a sense its not that surprising that a team who can play good basketball did beat hihgly ranked teams who played a lesser quality of game.

A good team playing good ball SHOULD beat other teams, regardless of the "ranking" and they have done just that.  If anything I will be pulling for them because they are representative of good basketball, and I always want THAT to win.

Both teams play slower than your average college team.  

This might be the lowest scoring finals game in history.  

7 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Both teams play slower than your average college team.  

This might be the lowest scoring finals game in history.  

First half U/O is 53.5. 😮

5 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Wtf?  Now I have to bet. 

TT has got a smothering defense. I bet the under 113 on their game against Mich State. Beat it by 1 point at 112. But my biggest reasoning on that bet was that I bet against Tech being able to shoot well in a dome. I was shocked they hit 39% of their 3's. Hell, they were only 43% of their 2's. The game should have ended up an easy under instead of barely.

I still don't know if I will open the wallet on tonight. I kind of feel like I want to buck the trend and go over, but TT has to go in thinking defense. It's their life blood in this game. 

I don't know...

1 minute ago, sderk said:

TT has got a smothering defense. I bet the under 113 on their game against Mich State. Beat it by 1 point at 112. But my biggest reasoning on that bet was that I bet against Tech being able to shoot well in a dome. I was shocked they hit 39% of their 3's. Hell, they were only 43% of their 2's. The game should have ended up an easy under instead of barely.

I still don't know if I will open the wallet on tonight. I kind of feel like I want to buck the trend and go over, but TT has to go in thinking defense. It's their life blood in this game. 

I don't know...

Ok. You convinced me.  No bets for me.  I’ll just watch. 

I would have countered with $150k........anyone willing to pay $125 would certainly pony up another 25k.

1 hour ago, Cruzer said:

I would have countered with $150k........anyone willing to pay $125 would certainly pony up another 25k.

:thumbsup:

I am officially going to pay an "entertainment tax" on this game for myself.  I am going a personal opposite bet on this one.

Virginia and the over. +255.

• Like 1

so as i mentioned when I first started a thread about this topic, I would have hedged twice for both the MSU game and the eventual title game. 

Now that he is down to the title game, I don't accept 125k because Virginia is only a 1.5pt favorite. A moneyline bet to hedge on Virginia doesn't cost all that much in "juice" .  -117 on my site. If he wagers that 125,000 on Virginia instead of selling the ticket for 125k, a Virginia win nets him 107,500. Worse than the 125k offer BUUUUT he keeps his ticket which would be about 175k after the hedge if TTU wins. 

basically if Virginia wins, you make 17,500 less than the offer but if TTU wins you make 50,000 more than the offer. Seems like a no brainer

13 hours ago, sderk said:

I am officially going to pay an "entertainment tax" on this game for myself.  I am going a personal opposite bet on this one.

:thumbsup:

13 hours ago, sderk said:

Nice 

it ended up being a good game too. This whole tourney has been fun to watch 

Vegas Headline

Another sucker loses it all

My favorite NCAA tourney in recent history was UConn and Shabazz Napier after the sanctions.

Also, are we sure he's a loser? Sure he didn't hedge at all? I know he didn't sell the ticket for 125k but he had to have hedged something right? Even to win 50k?

1 hour ago, edjr said:

Vegas Headline

Another sucker loses it all

Focking greedy dumbass. :doh:

May not be a popular opinion, but TT chocked.

1. TT was up 3 with 14 seconds, VA had the ball. A kid broke free and took the ball to hoop - TT should have let him score! They would of still been up 1, with 12 seconds and the ball.. Instead everyone collapsed on the ball and left the 3 point guy sitting on the wing - all alone, and he drained it. They should have guarded the arc - left the paint alone.

2. Game tied, 1 second left.. After 2 timeouts, that was the inbound play they came up with - really???

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Focking greedy dumbass. :doh:

May not be a popular opinion, but TT chocked.

1. TT was up 3 with 14 seconds, VA had the ball. A kid broke free and took the ball to hoop - TT should have let him score! They would of still been up 1, with 12 seconds and the ball.. Instead everyone collapsed on the ball and left the 3 point guy sitting on the wing - all alone, and he drained it. They should have guarded the arc - left the paint alone.

2. Game tied, 1 second left.. After 2 timeouts, that was the inbound play they came up with - really???

I was yelling the same thing you said in #1. While you don't want to let Virginia score 2 points so quickly and have to rely on free throws (TTU would have been fouled with 11 seconds left or so wanting to hit both and Virginia had timeouts, you miss 1 and Virginia has plenty of time to drive and tie the game) you'd rather give up the layup than have 3 guys collapse on the lane and offer a wide open 3. So dumb.

9 hours ago, vuduchile said:

Nice 

it ended up being a good game too. This whole tourney has been fun to watch 

It did.  The ncaa tourney is still quality entertainment. Love that time of year for sports.  And I hate basketball and   the NBA.  Never watch it other than the college stuff.

• Like 1

The guy that bet reminding me of my first trip to Vegas several years ago. It was for a conference and one of the attendees that people I know knew, he won $30,000 on a slot machine. I asked what type of machine and my buddy says $500. I was like....anyone that can drop $500 in a slot machine as a minimum bet then winning $30,000 isn’t that impressive. 

4 minutes ago, Mr. Hand said:

The guy that bet reminding me of my first trip to Vegas several years ago. It was for a conference and one of the attendees that people I know knew, he won $30,000 on a slot machine. I asked what type of machine and my buddy says $500. I was like....anyone that can drop $500 in a slot machine as a minimum bet then winning $30,000 isn’t that impressive. 

Absolutely. 30 grand is nothing if you can drop 500 per pull. So gay.

• Like 1